PDA

View Full Version : Lego Toy Fair Coverage!

JediTricks
02-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Come and get it!!! There are a few overexposed or underexposed pics, but Steve and I worked really hard to get this series to you as fast as possible (I was working on these yesterday afternoon till I literally passed out and couldn't continue editing).

It is my esteemed privilege and pleasure to present... SSG's Toy Fair coverage of Star Wars LEGO (http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=29111&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5)

These are some fantastic designs, I think everything is just great (except maybe Technic Jango), a definite step up from the first wave of Ep 1 sets. The Slave 1 has several cool hidey holes, and I no longer think the cockpit pivots with the wings, I think it pivots on a further forward on a different axis and uses magnets to keep in place. The Bounty Hunter Pursuit has 2 cool speeders, Zam's speeder has break-away damage sections while Anakin's looks pretty darn accurate. However, the Republic Gunship now looks to me to be the bright spot in 2002 Lego SW along the same lines as the MTT.

The Republic Gunship has so many features that, even after 16 pics, I don't think we caught up with all of them. Hidden compartments, magnetically-held containers that can be dropped in flight, split-open forward section, hinged aft door/wings, a pop-up... I don't even know what it is, but it's behind the engine compartment! Oh yeah, and an ENGINE COMPARTMENT! :D

So check it all out and enjoy with our compliments.
http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=29111&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5

LTBasker
02-12-2002, 01:31 PM
I still say it ain't worth the $90... Now wheres the Imperial Troop Transport with a squadron of Stormtroopers???

Sweden
02-12-2002, 01:52 PM
JediTricks, great review and great pictures of the LEGO Star Wars line at Toy Fair 2002! When comparing to the very negative review from a certain Mr. Tim Saupe at the “FBTB” website I must say that I’m very impressed with what you and Steve has accomplished and I’m just as excited as you are about this line and the Republic Gunship. Keep up the very good work, you hear me man! ;)

Kindest regards,

Lars Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

InsaneJediGirl
02-12-2002, 09:50 PM
Nice coverage JediTricks!Thanks alot.I just hope
I'm able to find those Lego Pens:D

Nearly all of the Legos(Not all technic) look great this year.

JediTricks
02-13-2002, 05:05 AM
Glad to hear you guys dig it, it really was a big pleasure to bring it to you all, way more than Hasbro. I know SSG isn't really known for SW Lego coverage (yet, hopefully ;)), but I really wanted to have something that gave us all a good feeling about the upcoming product as best we could.

It's also nice to have something really dandy to show, and that's thanks to LEGO themselves - I think they came through nicely while pushing the envelope of what Lego is able to build.

And oh boy, writing system! ;) (Ok, this one really did come out of left field, but I'm definitely getting a Vader pen. :D)

ACPin
02-13-2002, 07:33 AM
JT,

My sons and I eagerly await for these new products. More dioramas to build! Great coverage as always and get your well-deserved rest for now. :D

Sweden
02-13-2002, 03:38 PM
People, I can’t help myself being a bit mean and I’ve got my reasons for it but I remember a certain website owner (respect-the-brick-almighty-nonsense-all-the-way-etc-etc-etc) who bragged about doing the “ultimate” LEGO Toy Fair 2002 coverage that you guys have done. Well... That certain person failed to produce for some very strange reasons (I guess his much talked about contact at LEGO Direct Mr. Brad Justus didn’t help him much at all) and like when I was bashed at that forum talked his way out of it like all the rest. What I the other day was so happy about to see was that one of the forum members just like me had the guts to speak out (even if a little bit harsh) about all this talk about getting exclusive news for that website that never ever shows up but unfortunately you guys can’t read that post as it has been deleted...

I follow a few simple rules I’ve made myself and that’s not to promise something I can’t keep and I never ever say I know something unless I “REALLY” do because that’s being an honest and straight up person and I try to live that way. I too have had contacts at LEGO but it’s nothing I go around bragging about and get advantages of but I’ve gotten an insight into how the LEGO company works so to glorify LEGO with stuff like “respect-the-brick” I can tell you is nothing but a waste of time. Of course we all (TLG and customers) should respect each other but to wonder out in la la land to me is a make believe world and a waste of time as companies usually nor have the time, interest or resources to spend lots of time with the fans giving them exclusive news etc. There are however exceptions of course.

What I’m trying to say is that JediTricks and Steve managed to produce something without making promises that they couldn’t keep and without bragging about it and that resulted in an “very excellent” LEGO Toy Fair 2002 coverage that I personally really enjoyed. That really makes an great impression on me as a person and as an collector and I’ve got full respect for what these two “gentlemen” has done for us LEGO Star Wars fan(s)-atics so JediTricks and Steve keep up the very good and excellent work. ;)

Kindest regards,

Lars Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.