PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the boxes?

gibbspaulus
02-12-2002, 12:15 PM
Well, what do you all think of the new boxes style. Just as we get used to the 'Mint In Box' friednly POTJ approach they've returned to the old format. In the photo's shown the blue looks a little 'fisher-price' and not quite as dark as on the figure card backs.

Really, I am not sure if I think it looks cool in a 'pulp' kind of way, or if it's just plain tacky looking.

Suggestions, comments?

JEDIpartner
02-12-2002, 12:20 PM
I kinda like the boxes. They have nice large, clear graphics without looking too cluttered. It shows the toy plainly, which is nice. I really think it is the shading of the blues that kinda make it look cheap with bargain bin appeal. Still... I like it. A little more black WITH the blue would be better... but, ehhh... I toss the boxes in a few months after my partner *****es about them cluttering up the attic. :D

gibbspaulus
02-12-2002, 12:22 PM
Mine get to stay in the boxes as my partner *****es about the loose toys cluttering up the house! I amslowly taking over all available living space....

Jayspawn
02-12-2002, 12:32 PM
I like the boxes also. The vintage-style looks great! It shows a nice image of the toy inside.

* interesting is that many of the beasts so far don't seem to come with pack-ins.

JEDIpartner
02-12-2002, 12:33 PM
Mine is happy that I'll be clearing the shelves of MOST of the E1 and POTJ figgies to make way for a couple of the new ones.

boss nass
02-12-2002, 10:54 PM
the boxes remind me of the vintage style

evenflow
02-12-2002, 10:59 PM
I like the new cards, vintage style rocks.

GNT
02-12-2002, 11:11 PM
I like the new packaging for the new line,it has that classical look to them :)

And with the reek,at least you can move its head without opening the box,sweet :)

hairless chewie
02-13-2002, 06:25 AM
The new packaging reminds me of the first series of ANH topps cards, the ones with the blue borders. I've still got mine.

JediTricks
02-13-2002, 06:37 AM
In terms of not having the "Cinema Scene" style boxes for vehicles and such, I'm happy because it means they'll be able to ship more toys per case and have more toys per shelf-space. The POTF2 Skiff box is at least twice as big as it could have been, and while it's a great package, it meant that Target could only have 6 on a shelf at a time instead of 12.

Turbowars
02-23-2002, 04:46 PM
Window boxes are the only way to go. The new boxes look cheap and I will not be buying them this time around. Hasbro gets us all excited with big window boxes and great figures from the POTJ line a and now is giving us crap in plan boxes and figures with huge bubbles. It seems that Hasbro is losing touch with the STARWARS line. We can only hope for the best.

Beast
02-23-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Window boxes are the only way to go. The new boxes look cheap and I will not be buying them this time around. Hasbro gets us all excited with big window boxes and great figures from the POTJ line a and now is giving us crap in plan boxes and figures with huge bubbles. It seems that Hasbro is losing touch with the STARWARS line. We can only hope for the best.
Nah, window boxes are much more easily damaged in shipping and on store shelves then just basic boxes are. Plus we have seen that the window boxes just end up as was stated above being larger then is necissary for the toy inside. Besides the window boxes were more to showcase the figure with the vehicle then to show of the vehicle. Since the E2 vehicles don't have figure pack-ins its more of a waste of space to go with window boxed ships. I think most of us seem to like the new boxes, and the fact they take up less room is nice. And if you open your toys, who cares what the box looks like anyway. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Unit-01
02-23-2002, 06:39 PM
Excellent. They'll stand out and I mean in a good way. For some resaon the other packaging designs didn't stand out so good. Well the E1 ones did and it was pretty damn ugly to see from afar and upclose :dead:. I also hated the window boxes, easily damaged.

InsaneJediGirl
02-23-2002, 07:32 PM
I always tear up my window boxes,no matter how hard I try to
keep them mint :(

Anyways,I think the new boxes/cards are okay,but would have
looked better if they were black highlighted with the blue.

LTBasker
02-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Or maybe just like the POTF2 cards except with a blue saber. :cool: Ok, maybe not. :D The packagaing isn't that bad for the E2 stuff, although could've been better, but kids will probably be more attracted to it than they usually would.

KingOfSting
02-25-2002, 05:51 PM
im diggin' the new boxes, ive always been a fan of vintage style items, and the way the boxes have been designed is great...im really into the whole cross between vintage and current design..for some reaosn though, the vehicles look better in the blue packaging then the figures...

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-26-2002, 10:08 AM
I think that if I decide to buy any of these new toys them boxes is going straight to the trash can once I've ripped the toys out of them. :D Oh hush my phillistine mouth..... I don'rt especially like or dislike them. They aren't exciting that's for sure. But then, the Episode One boxes weren't window boxes really were they in the first releases? I don't recall the naboo fighter having a window or the pod racers exept for the figure window but these new toys don't have figures with them so no need for windows.. They're fuctional boxes is all. Good for storing the toys nice and tight and then throwing away when the toys not in them anymore. Colours are dreadful. Pictures seem about the same quality as any star wars ship in a box. Although these do have the added features of the wording trying to make out the product is better than it actually is. Much like the way Kenner used to do with the vintage stuff. Hype it to the hilt. :stupid: