PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto IV Release Date.

jamesbondo07
01-21-2008, 11:01 PM
I noticed today that Grand Theft Auto IV was on pre-order at Target today and they had a release date of 03/2008. Did they finally set a solid release date or is this just target trying to guess a release date?

Lord Malakite
01-22-2008, 12:58 AM
Take-Two's current stance is that Grand Theft Auto IV will be released sometime during their second fiscal quarter in 2008. That roughly translates to a release date falling in between the beginning of February and late March/early April.

Currently there are several store ads stating specific March dates, but until Take-Two officially mentions anything I wouldn't take any of these dates too seriously. Stores often jump the gun with release dates based on their own predictions.

General_Grievous
01-24-2008, 08:08 PM
They announced the release date today. It's April 29th.

UKWildcat
01-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Sweet! Now I know what day I need to buy a PS3 by.

DarthQuack
04-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Sweet! Now I know what day I need to buy a PS3 by.

Same for me, but I'm getting a 360 on Thursday, although I already have a Wii and my bro has a 360 as well, but being able to play this online with him and our friends will be awesome. :thumbsup:

jamesbondo07
04-22-2008, 10:09 PM
1 week left. I am really excited to be able to play this game. The graphics look great and it looks like it will stay true to the GTA humor. Anybody else getting this on opening day?

DarthQuack
04-22-2008, 11:34 PM
1 week left. I am really excited to be able to play this game. The graphics look great and it looks like it will stay true to the GTA humor. Anybody else getting this on opening day?

Placed my pre-order last night for that and WiiFit.

General_Grievous
04-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Anybody else getting this on opening day?
You betcha. I would have liked to be there at midnight to buy it, but I've got an exam that day. So I'm heading over to pick it up right after class on Tuesday. I'm really excited for this game. The reviews have been extremely positive. The Grand Theft Auto series (since GTA3, at least) has never let me down yet.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-27-2008, 11:30 AM
They just showed a live preiview on X-Play, and it looks freakin sweet!!!

As to what you said about the series never being a letdown GG, me myself love the entire series from GTA3 on, as does my wife.

In fact usually when I stop playing a game, I'll sell or trade it off. The GTA games are the only ones I'm not allowed to get rid of per my wife, and she never complains if I sell or trade anything. If I ever got rid of any of those games though she'd probably kill me.

Anyway, just a little over 24 hours to go until release.:thumbsup:

UKWildcat
04-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Well, I still don't have a PS3 so I won't be partaking in the GTA IV craze right now. :( I had other priorities, so I couldn't drop $500+ on a gaming system quite yet, but I plan to sometime in the hopefully near future.

But anyways, I know some of you got it today, DQ GG and Co., so what are your thoughts? I bet it is freakin' awesome!

jamesbondo07
04-30-2008, 12:19 AM
I haven't got to play it a lot yet because of classes but what I have so far it is awesome. It has great graphics. The typical Grand Theft Auto humor is still there. There is a lot to the city.
I have heard that some people have been having issues with the games freezing. Especially on the PS3. Has anyone had any problems with this? I haven't had any problems yet.

El Chuxter
04-30-2008, 12:31 AM
Wonder why they didn't make it for the Wii?

General_Grievous
04-30-2008, 11:48 AM
I've been playing the game a lot, and it's freaking mindblowing. The graphics are amazing, the missions and characters are fun, the combat system is great. The only complaint that I have are the driving physics on cars. If you go just a little too fast around corners, you start fish-tailing. I'm just glad that GTA has finally reached next-gen.

Wonder why they didn't make it for the Wii?
I think it all comes down to Nintendo wanting to remain more "family-friendly" in regards to gaming (even though they made "Manhunt II" for Wii).

JediTricks
05-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Wonder why they didn't make it for the Wii?If nothing else, Wii doesn't have anywhere near the processing power to run a game as complex as this one seems to be. The Wii is barely more powerful than the Gamecube which was in the class of Xbox and Playstation 2, neither of which are getting GTA4 either.

The only complaint that I have are the driving physics on cars. If you go just a little too fast around corners, you start fish-tailing. I'm just glad that GTA has finally reached next-gen. That's real life, you corner too fast and most cars will lose control.

General_Grievous
05-02-2008, 11:24 AM
That's real life, you corner too fast and most cars will lose control.
But that's the problem. I wasn't going that fast at all. The controls take some getting used to, but I've grown accustomed to them.

Jedi_Kal-El
05-02-2008, 05:27 PM
But that's the problem. I wasn't going that fast at all. The controls take some getting used to, but I've grown accustomed to them.

They did say that the cars moved a little more true to life.

DarthQuack
05-02-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm about 10% done with the story mode....its freaking awesome, online is pretty sweet too.