PDA

View Full Version : Who's watching Transformers Animated?

BanthaPoodoo
01-24-2008, 10:47 AM
I am hooked on this show.

Seems a little grittier than the old series.

Was wondering if they were going to make the whole 80's cartoon story arc a part of this one or just pretend like it never happened, but after seeing the first part of the 90-minute special "Transform & Roll Out" I see that they tied it in, albeit just as an afterthought (making the whole 80's thing history in this new timeline).

Nice to see that the folks doing this one though aren't forgetting about what came before them.

Strangely though they reuse all the Autobot names even though these are new incarnations of their predecessors. Still haven't figured that one out.

I sort of like the way they made the Dinobots, but saw that one coming a mile away.

The next episode is on the Saturday! Can't wait!

figrin bran
01-24-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm watching it as well. I've been mentioning this series in the Transformers movie thread but it's about time another thread were made for it.

I thought the recent "Thrill of the Hunt" episode was well written as we come to see why Ratchet is the grumpy curmudgeon that he is and why he's been so hesitant to relive his experiences from the Great War. Some of us mentioned over in the movie thread about how funny/sad it is that there's more character development in the cartoon than in the recent movie.

BanthaPoodoo
01-24-2008, 11:16 AM
I agree. Characters in this are WAY better then that steaming pile they called a movie (hate being so wishy washy on it. I hated it, then started liking it, then realized that I truly do hate it).

That Arcee character reminded me exactly of what she looked like in the 80's toys. Love when they do stuff like that.

El Chuxter
01-24-2008, 12:27 PM
She's also voiced by Susan Blu. I've not seen the episode yet; does she sound pretty much the same?

I love what I've seen, but am having trouble watching it in the timeslot. Oddly, CN isn't following their normal modus operandi of playing new episodes of a show over and over through the week. I've only seen the premiere and the Dinobots (had to make sure I didn't miss that one).

My favorite character from the old series is definitely my favorite in this one as well, though for different reasons. Let's just say that cars and trucks are bad, but car robots are worse.

I only wish they'd worked in phrases like "kick butt" and "bash brains" and "munch metal." Ah well. The character will be returning, so there are more chances. And they did get the TFTM nod with "Excuse me!"

figrin bran
02-19-2008, 01:47 AM
The Nanosec second wasn't very good at all but I thought the Optimus/Blackarachnia episode was outstanding. It's good to see a children's show willingly delve into grey areas with the Blackarachnia storyline as opposed to the standard black and white morality. Her reasons for harboring animosity towards the Autobots, especially Optimus, are very legitimate ones and yet Optimus' reasons for leaving her behind were legitimate as well.

I'm not sure where the writers will take this but I can see BA defecting from the Decepticons down the road, especially since it happened on Beast Wars.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Couldn't find a Gen1 thread, so I Megatron'd this one (and so, my diabolical scheme is doomed to fail based on my hubris and greed).

In flipping channels late (for me) at night, I've noticed the original TF cartoon is on, but I never realized just HOW MANY COMMERCIAL BREAKS THEY HAD. If you take out the animation clips of "The Transformers will return in a moment" and "We now return to The Transformers," plus the brief recap of the cliffhanger-before-the-commercial and the actual commercials themselves, were there even 10 minutes of action in an episode?

Darth Metalmute
06-07-2012, 08:44 PM
You can watch them on youtube. I believe there are 4 six minute segments.

JediTricks
06-18-2012, 07:05 PM
G1 TF episodes are on Netflix, they run about 23 mins each, a minute longer than current shows. I think syndication is adding extra breaks to the episodes, there were only 3 breaks per episode on the videos I've seen before the Netflix ones (they cut the breaks out, so no Jazz being badass - that's my favorite one).