PDA

View Full Version : Where's the strangest location you've found a figure that you didn't expect to find?

jedi master sal
02-12-2002, 04:55 PM
I have two. First I found an Aunt Beru at a CVS (Drug Store) that was all by herself in the toy section. I guess noone wanted a seventies looking female "action figure"

The other is r2-b1 the yellow/blue r2 unit. this my fiancee found in a k-mart that she would check for me thatwas close to here work at the time. She just happened to be looking and decided to look all the way in the back of the figs and lo' and behold there it was.

your stories........

Turbowars
02-12-2002, 07:10 PM
I found the whole Freeze Frame wave with R2 w/tools, removable limbs C-3PO....ect at Save-On and a couple Green cards at Blockbuster

Bel-Cam Jos
02-12-2002, 08:03 PM
Before the big sell-off of formerly-rare POTF2 Freeze Frame figs, I found Helmet Luke, Boushh Chewie, Lobot, Mothma, etc. at Electronic Boutique for $4.99 each.
I also found a POTF2 Boba Fett gun on the floor of the hotel I used to work at. :eek:

Obi-Don
02-12-2002, 08:08 PM
I found a few at Winn Dixie a food store and some a a few drug stores.

Sidiously Darth
02-12-2002, 08:41 PM
I guess Target would not be a strange place but it was the last aisle. It was a Qui-Gon Mos Espa on clearance - $1.54!:cool:

Not so much strange as just good luck.

InsaneJediGirl
02-12-2002, 10:31 PM
The strangest place I found Starwars figures was a clearance isle
in the WM Garden Department..Use The Rake Luke!..:rolleyes:

MisterPL
02-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Vintage Stormtrooper and Han Solo in my Easter basket. 1978. ;)

JediTricks
02-13-2002, 06:29 AM
Most of Ep 1's first few waves at my local supermarket, that one really surprised me.

Darkross
02-13-2002, 09:05 AM
Found POTF2 x-wing at a Bargain Giant for $30.00 and found a snow speeder at a Home Hardware for $40.00.

JEDIpartner
02-13-2002, 11:25 AM
I found Aunt Beru at mine as well!! I also found C-3P0 (shop worn w/removable limbs) there as well! Those were the only two next to Jar Jar (with staff). I left the Jar Jar... had it.

JetsAndHeels
02-13-2002, 11:44 AM
Found Han Solo DSE and Mos Espa Qui Gon at CVS here.
Found a red carded Yoda POTF2 at Family Dollar.
Also found a bunch of the first Darth Maul (when they first came out) at Kroger.

Sidiously Darth
02-13-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Darkross
Found POTF2 x-wing at a Bargain Giant for $30.00 and found a snow speeder at a Home Hardware for $40.00.

Was that in Canadian $$?

Starfig873
02-13-2002, 04:00 PM
That would have to be an Albertson's. I found the Hoth Han (open hand variation) waaay back before you yung'uns can remember. After all, it was the second wave of the POTF II.

Then when I figured out that the open hand variation kinda sucked, I went back a year later to the same Albertson's(course we only had one Albertson's anyways :p) found a corrected hand version and danced with glee that he could hold both his included guns.

Yes children. Be learned of the Starfig's tale...

Huckleberry Josh
02-13-2002, 06:03 PM
I found a couple of figures at a crappy gas station called Worthington's.I thought that was pretty weird.

master jedi
02-13-2002, 07:46 PM
The strangest place I've found Star Wars things at is in southern Missouri in a town called Ava.
You wouldn't think hicks would like Star Wars considering their main interests are hunting, fishing, and NASCAR.

Emperor Howdy
02-14-2002, 05:10 AM
My pants......but there was a loooooot of alcohol involved, so...:stupid:

JetsAndHeels
02-14-2002, 08:50 AM
I think that could be posted under a new thread:
"Too Much Information"

Darkross
02-14-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth

Was that in Canadian $$?

Nothing but! OH YEAH! The only problem was that the boxes were damaged and opened. I made certain that all pieces and decals were accounted for and then I bought them! I figured that since I open all of my stuff anyway...who cares if the box was damaged! I was happy to find them both!

gibbspaulus
02-14-2002, 09:39 AM
In the Uk (where main stores don't do SW anymore) there are a multitude of cheap shops and they got a bunch of break-apart Maul's for $1.5 each.

The only POTJ figure on UK shelves.

yaddle yodas love pu
02-14-2002, 12:50 PM
I found a POTF2 Emperor (pre-freeze frame) and E1 Qui Gon at CVS in Byram NJ. This was 2 weeks ago. They are $8 each. I would not buy them for more than $1.50 myself, so if you hurry, you can still get them.

mabudonicus
02-16-2002, 06:27 PM
I've got the most obscure one so far- I saw tatooine maul and the first "dress" amidala for under 2 bucks(Canadian) at a little concession/coffee stand inside the tiny bus terminal in Thunder Bay(Ontario) on my way out west this summer.For those who don't know, T.Bay is sort of like Siberia(no offense,but it is). It just seems weird, that a rest stop place like that would stock emergency action figures.

ConvergeDW
02-17-2002, 10:06 PM
I found the Emperors Wrath wave at Rite-Aid, in regardto Jedi master Sal finding the Aunt Beru at CVS, it's weird but she is the only non episode 1 figure, that I've seen, there there are probably half a dozen instances where I have seen her hanging out there by herself. I also picked up The R2-b1 for a buck last week at a flea market

Bespin_refugee
02-17-2002, 10:44 PM
I have also found them at CVS, Winn Dixie ( a grocery store), Service Merchandice,etc.; but my luckiest find was back in 1995. A friend and I had just spent the whole day looking (we had yet find any of them),and we were making our last stop of the day at Wal Mart. We left the toy aisle empty handed; and as we walked past the magazine rack, we spotted 3 figs sitting on top of a cart full of books and magazines!

I guess my strangest find was the Wal Mart that had the clearance section mixed in with the hardware aisle

Bespin_refugee
02-18-2002, 03:15 AM
there was another one I forgot about. A few years ago, I went to "Big lots" (a closeout/ clearance store) and they had the Green card w/ holo Jawa, Tusken Raider, R5-D4 (among others) on 'tri-lingual' cards for $3 or $4. Unfortunatly, that was the last time I've seen figures there (Ive seen Galoob stuff there a few times).

Darkross
02-18-2002, 02:33 PM
I found three R2Q5's and two Lando: Bespin Escape at an Ames store recently. I bought 2 R2Q5's and 1 Lando. Needless to say...I was very happy with this seemingly rare find (at least in my mind!).

icatch9
02-18-2002, 02:41 PM
The stranges place I found Star Wars stuff was in a very small town of Paris Illinois in a small Hard Ware store. I found a wave of POTF2 FF included R2 w/ tools, C3P0 w/ removable limbs, Ugnaughts, and more. All for $2.00. Plus they had a bunch of EU Speeder bikes for $3.00, and a couple of Liea Speeder bikes. Not to mention Epic Force Liea and 3P0. A very strange place indeed. But that is just how strong Star Wars is, this stuff is everywhere!

Jedi Drew
02-20-2002, 09:56 AM
A few years ago I found Adi Gallia (when she was hard to find) at a Tops (grocery store) for 6.99.

master jedi
02-20-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
The stranges place I found Star Wars stuff was in a very small town of Paris Illinois in a small Hard Ware store. I found a wave of POTF2 FF included R2 w/ tools, C3P0 w/ removable limbs, Ugnaughts, and more. All for $2.00. Plus they had a bunch of EU Speeder bikes for $3.00, and a couple of Liea Speeder bikes. Not to mention Epic Force Liea and 3P0. A very strange place indeed. But that is just how strong Star Wars is, this stuff is everywhere!

Did you have to buy some hammers or nails just to make yourself look not as 'geek like' with the Star Wars stuff you were buying?