PDA

View Full Version : Step-by-step photos of a figure's assembly!

JediTricks
01-24-2008, 09:04 PM
I was looking for details on the exclusive R2-KT figure and found the R2-KT site. One of the pages deals with the figure, they have a few packaging development pics but the real gold is how the figure is assembled:

http://www.r2kt.com/hasbro/actionfig.html

It even shows how the gear-driven middle leg system works.

bigbarada
01-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Where are the elves?:cry: Or are they the ones taking the pictures?

El Chuxter
01-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Hasbro notified me in early 2007 to say that they had heard of R2-KT and wanted to make an official action figure of her. The figure will be a limited edition toy available only at San Diego Comic Con July 25-29 and online at hasbrotoyshop.com and at starwarsonline. All proceeds will be going to the Make-A-Wish Foundation with a projected benefit of over $100,000 to be raised from sales.

Not to be a buzzkill, but did Hasbro ever inform this guy that that's not how they handled the donation?

JediTricks
01-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Where are the elves?:cry: Or are they the ones taking the pictures?
They're in China, apparently.

Hasbro claims they're not making a profit on this figure but they're not allowed to say that all proceeds are going to donation, even though that's what it really is. I suspect Hasbro's actually eating quite a loss on these and there'd be no profits to donate, so the $100k donation is even more generous in that respect.

bobafrett
01-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know if these are still available? Since my computer went down, I lost the link to purchase at least two, possibly three, with one going to the silent auction at this years Relay for Life event.

JediTricks
01-26-2008, 04:31 PM
R2-KT is sold out on both vendors.

AmanaMatt
01-31-2008, 11:06 AM
Very cool process...