PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 44

JediTricks
01-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked in February 8th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 43 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=716); to ActionFigs.com's questions (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1384); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1298). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=594479#post594479).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- Canadian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- In recent years, many Darth Vader figures have included a silver piece of fabric material around the neck to represent the chain that holds Vader's cape on. However, every time this feature has been included, the "chain" ends up looking too big and out-of-place, while Vader figures that do not include this chain end up looking much better. In the interest of accuracy, could the chain either be scaled down (to better match its look in Episodes III, V, and VI), or done as sculpted plastic (as on earlier incarnations), or simply left off (as in Episode IV) on future Darth Vader figures?
- Are there folks today at Hasbro who were working on the Star Wars line back when it was reborn in 1995? Was there any clue behind-the-scenes back then that the Star Wars toy line would garner such a huge adult collector following? Were adult collectors considered at all on any level back then when forging the line's beginnings? What do you folks think of the extensive adult collector enthusiasm for the line today, 13 years later?
- Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?
- The new Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool and seem to be selling fairly well out of the gate. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle? (Please discuss the specific possibilities of each of the examples in this question.)
- What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
- Many collectors have noted that Moff Jerjerrod was not a great seller and can still be found in stores, while it seemed as though Admiral Ozzel, Captain Piett, and Grand Moff Tarkin seemed to have sold better. There are times where Hasbro really nails a likeness, but unfortunately Moff Jerjerrod did not look like the actor and had an angry facial expression not seen in Return of the Jedi. Would Hasbro ever consider resculpting this figure or does the perceived poor performance of the Jerjerrod figure make it unlikely he would ever be revisited. Do you agree that if this figure sold poorly it may have been in part because of a poor likeness?
- Would Hasbro consider releasing a complete set of clone troopers with only a basic, plain white deco? Many customizers would enjoy having a blank clone to decorate with their own designs, and regular fans could enjoy the uniform look - the white AT-RT Driver from the Ep 3 Commemorative Tin set looks great and is easy to customize. So how about a box set with all the various clone types without specialized deco or even weathering? It could even be offered in simpler packaging, white mailer boxes with simple baggies.
- In the Galactic Heroes line we have just gotten an AT-AT Commander and Driver figures. Might that increase chances of getting a Galactic Heroes AT-AT?
- Why are nearly all of the Galactic Heroes figures smiling, even bad guys like Tarkin and the AT-AT Commander?
- Since Hasbro is showing some interest in SW: Battlefront, releasing the multipacks and the Rebel Vanguard figure, will the rocket launcher from the Battlefront II Clone pack be included if a blue ARC Trooper is ever released on single card again? (It's the weapon he carries in the first Battlefront game.)
- Will you ever release any Neimoidians & Separatist Leaders in the Galactic Heroes line?
- Do you have any plans to release the V-Wing Fighter in Imperial colors as seen at the end of ROTS?
- Would Hasbro ever consider releasing figures based off artist Feng Zhu's Imperial Recruitment posters which appeared in the Star Wars: Visionaires comic series, perhaps as Comic 2-Packs? There's 2 designs in the official series, and 4 more posters (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Recruitment) drawn but not released. Besides the sexy female recruits in the posters, the SW: Visionaries comic has other great characters like cyborg Darth Maul, Darth Sidious and the Sithisis Worm, Corporal Jobin just to name a few that would make great action figures, especially coming off the heels of the TAC concept figures since the comic was done by ROTS concept artists.
- A few times in Q&A's history, you've suggested collectors submit their local stores' pegwarming data to you so Hasbro store reps can get these problems fixed. Some of the stores did show signs of improvement in this department, however others still suffer old TSC pegwarmers (Moff Jerjerrod is pretty consistent) and show absolutely no signs of moving, and the reports on these were coming in from all over the country. What if anything was done to fix the problem, and what will be done in the future? If nothing else, having several Hasbro Star Wars pegs filled up with very old product is going to hamper sales of newer product hurting your business and hindering collectors' ability to get new figures.
- What are the chances of seeing an Evolutions set of the Seperatists' droids, consisting of updated, all-new versions of the Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, and IG-100 MagnaGuard (aka Grievous' Bodyguard)?
- The current R5 droid mold (used on R5-D4, R5-J2, and R5-F7) is close to "perfect", but there are a few glaring issues that should be addressed before this mold becomes the all-purpose version. They include the antenna, which comes out and may be lost easily; the pop-up motivator, which worked on R5-D4 but had diminishing returns on later uses; and the chest plate being a separate piece, which has been a problem on every figure to use the VOTC R2-D2 body. The head could just be retooled and used on the more-accurate R4-G9 body. Will these issues be addressed, or will we continue to get more less-than-perfect R5 figures?
- Now that we're getting an ROTS-specific 2-1B droid, is there any chance we'll be seeing an updated ESB-specific version in the near future? There are many differences between the two designs, both large and small, including head, torso, arms and legs - which is pretty much everything - so the ROTS one wouldn't really fit in an ESB scene. 2-1B is one of the rare OT non-hero droids to actually have lines, and is quite memorable, so an update would be much appreciated.
- With photos confirming Tsui Choi from the Order 66 2packs now out there, are we likely to see Ratts Tyrell - another member of the same species - in 2008? Could we see 1-2 Podracer figures per year the way we're now seeing Ewoks?
- With The Force Unleashed videogame being pushed back to late August, will early TFU product be re-released to coincide with the game's release?
- On a recent CNN segment featuring new Hasbro products for 2008, there was a small glimpse of the AT-TE. With this small tease, a lot of collectors are quite excited and hunger for more info. Now that the cat's been let out of the bag, might you give us some more details on the set, perhaps give collectors a full image?
- Concerning pegwarms and Saga Legends taking up TAC shelfspace, back on Sept 28th you told us "stores will be resupplied based on what has sold down, not based on what is sitting on what pegs, which is invisible to the automated ordering systems. So if Saga Legends is selling in those stores, it will be reordered. If 30th Anniv. is selling, it will be reordered. To finish that discussion - the stock of one has no impact on the other." Understanding that you have the 2 separate SKUs and assortment numbers in place to avoid these problems, what your argument seems to miss is the rampant amount of human error in the process, pegging Saga Legends on TAC pegs (whether done by store employees, or customers who simply don't notice the difference between the red accents vs orange accents of the basic cards), so in your argument, if Saga Legends takes up all the pegspace, TAC can never sell down and be reordered because it never leaves the back rooms to hit the pegs in the first place. Keep in mind, the TAC & SL cards are pretty much visually identical, and the assortment numbers which are supposed to separate them don't stand out on packaging and at a quick glance appear the same (87500 vs 85770) especially for an overworked, underpaid retail employee who is trying to get too many things done at once. So how can sales be generated for a specific product if it doesn't reach the floor in the first place?
- Seeing Titanium Series 2008 wave 1, will Hasbro correct the paint application on the Saesee Tiin Jedi Starfighter? The photo shows the incorrect 6-spoke Imperial logo instead of the proper era-specific 8-spoke Republic logo which is found on the other versions of this vehicle released so far, Obi-Wan's and Kit Fisto's.
- 2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper - with the exception of the McQuarrie Concept figures - was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs reflected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on, where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line?Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

El Chuxter
01-25-2008, 04:08 PM
I'll work on revising the Cloverfield question. You said the SW premium selection is more crowded, but I wasn't asking about actual premium pieces, just larger basic pieces.

I'm trying to come up with a nice way to say, "Any chance you can cool it on the made-up Clones?" I'm thinking that Clones popular, but straying too far from the proven formula (movie Clones) while not making the variants (made-up or movie versions) available for army building is a recipe for long-term disaster.

Droid
01-25-2008, 04:20 PM
I vote for 7 and 19

JediTricks
01-25-2008, 04:21 PM
I didn't say "premium", I said "higher-end" which really I just meant anything $50 and up, Sideshow Collectibles-territory pricing. I'll repost what I said:

Hmm, I dunno, it's apples & oranges, they'll have the only product from a popular movie that lacks merchandise, a wide-open market with nobody taking advantage of that, it's not at all like SW from a marketing perspective. Star Wars has an incredibly competitive market right now for higher-end items and Hasbro has a proven track record of failure with items at these price points. Can you think of a way to counter that in the question so we don't end up getting burned? I'm not saying "no" right now to adding it, even uncivil the way you asked (and hell yes your name will be publically blamed for it :p), but I'm not ready to say "yes" yet either.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-25-2008, 04:33 PM
8, 13, 15, 16, 18, and 22

Battle Droid
01-25-2008, 04:35 PM
12. Will you ever release any Neimoidians & Separatist Leaders in the Galactic Heroes line?

13. Do you have any plans to release the V-Wing Fighter in Imperial colors as seen at the end of ROTS?

16. What are the chances of seeing an Evolutions set of the Seperatists' droids, consisting of updated, all-new versions of the Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, and IG-100 MagnaGuard (aka Grievous' Bodyguard)?

19. With photos confirming Tsui Choi from the Order 66 2packs now out there, are we likely to see Ratts Tyrell - another member of the same species - in 2008? Could we see 1-2 Podracer figures per year the way we're now seeing Ewoks?

Neuroleptic
01-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Question 2 and 14

jediguy
01-25-2008, 09:05 PM

I hope we can figure out how to ask the Cloverfield question

JediTricks
01-25-2008, 10:38 PM
If you or anybody can think of a way to address my concerns, please voice them. I always consider these questions to be open to contribution by any and everybody.

Cane_Adiss
01-25-2008, 10:44 PM
14, 16, 18, 19 for now.

I would also like to know why Hasbro would go ahead with a 100 dollar "Cloverfield monster" and yet scoff at the idea of doing a Sarlacc, even in an Ultra battle pack.

I bet it's a different design team that is working on this and not the Star Wars team but I could be wrong. I bet theres about 20 people who would lay down 100 dollars for a creature barely even seen in a crappy teen horror flick. If they really are doing this, I hope it bombs miserably.

jediguy
01-25-2008, 11:43 PM
I would like to submit a new question:

Will we ever see repaints of the Commander Cody sculpt?
There are several repaints of other clone armor styles, such as Commander Bacara, the ARC troopers, the Airborne Trooper, the Galactic Marine, the AT-RT Driver, the new Clone Pilot in the exclusive ARC 170 battlpack, and now even the BARC Trooper Neyo gets a repaint in the second wave of the Order 66 set (which looks real nice!).
Yet the Cody sculpt has been seen again only once more with the hologram variation. Surely somewhere in the EU or Hasbro's imagination there was a 501st officer wearing the Cody style armor; maybe in Mace Windu's Battalion, a Shock Trooper working with the Emperor, or even with the Kashyyyk camouflage deco. Theoretically there could be as many of the Cody sculpt repaints as the regular clones.

So what do you think, Hasbro? Is there enough room in the clone armies for the Cody sculpt to be repainted?

Cane_Adiss
01-26-2008, 09:41 AM

There are several repaints of other clone armor styles, such as Commander Bacara, the ARC troopers, the Airborne Trooper, the Galactic Marine, the AT-RT Driver, the new Clone Pilot in the exclusive ARC 170 battlpack, and now even the BARC Trooper Neyo gets a repaint in the second wave of the Order 66 set (which looks real nice!).
Yet the Cody sculpt has been seen again only once more with the hologram variation. Surely somewhere in the EU or Hasbro's imagination there was a 501st officer wearing the Cody style armor; maybe in Mace Windu's Battalion, a Shock Trooper working with the Emperor, or even with the Kashyyyk camouflage deco. Theoretically there could be as many of the Cody sculpt repaints as the regular clones.

So what do you think, Hasbro? Is there enough room in the clone armies for the Cody sculpt to be repainted?

Personally, and I know many would agree with me, I am sick of all these "made up" clone repaints. I would much rather see a new Cody done like the Gree that's coming out soon or even a re-release of the old one than see Hasbro repaint the mold to be a new clone.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-26-2008, 03:42 PM
20,19,14...for now

And off topic a little, is hasbro really making a 100 buck monster...from cloverfield? If so thats such a waste...Sheesh.

Darth Windu
01-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Hey, my question disappeared!

It doesn't seem to have been asked (I checked the previous thread), so what happened to it? The question was no. 20

"Seeing Titanium Series 2008 wave 1, will Hasbro correct the paint application on the Saesee Tiin Jedi Starfighter? The photo shows the incorrect 6-spoke Imperial logo instead of the proper era-specific 8-spoke Republic logo which is found on the other versions of this vehicle released so far, Obi-Wan's and Kit Fisto's."

jberlin
01-27-2008, 01:13 PM
and I'd like to add

1) I think many fans share my opinion that the TAC spirit of Annakin figure was a colossal screw-up that could easily have been remedied by the inclusion of a Sebastian Shaw head. The largest concern is that this release is a death sentence for the possibility of a future Shaw version, much as the POTF Sy Snootles seems to have killed the possibility of ever getting an updated pre-special edition version of that character. It often seems that Hasbro completely disregards the fact that many collectors think the special editions were a farce and only seek figures from the real "Original Trilogy". That said would you please consider releasing the afore mentioned Annakin body with a Shaw head? This would round out a perfect multi pack exclusive if you included the OTC Spirit of Obi Wan, and a Yoda repaint using the same translucent/iridescent coloring (perhaps using the VOTC mold).

2) It seems that you often prioritize obscurity over screen time/dialogue when choosing which new figures to produce. As a result, 30 years after his appearance on screen, we still have yet to get a reasonable sculpt of Dr. Evazan. He is arguably the most important cantina specific character, having the most dialogue as well as the most interaction with the film's hero. Meanwhile, you have recently released Ellis Helrot, a character most people cant even find on screen (I think I may have spotted the back of his head). Don't get me wrong, I love the obscure figures, but will you please correct this inequity as soon as possible? And while your at it please add Captain Needa and Admiral Piett to the list of characters with actual lines who have taken a back-seat to what are essentially well-decorated extras.

3) Isn't it about time we got a Sim Aloo? Many of us are feeling the sharp pain of collectus-interuptus, having purchased Janus and Kren and been left with incomplete Imperial Shuttle Processions. Not only is he on the short list of vintage figures not yet updated, but of the three dignitaries he is easily the most visually memorable.

Maradona
01-27-2008, 02:08 PM
My votes:

And I'd like to add:

2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper, with the exception of the McQuarries, was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs relfected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line?

If I understand correctly, the TAC basic figure packaging design is being extended into the first half of 2008 until being replaced by the new Clone Wars and/or the Star Wars Classics design. Will this new 2008 look also be extended into 2009, in effect switching new Star Wars packaging designs to mid year incept dates instead of the beginning of the year?

JediTricks
01-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Questions 23-24 added.

So what do you think, Hasbro? Is there enough room in the clone armies for the Cody sculpt to be repainted?For now, it's too specific. Plus, I try not to include questions about repaints unless they're really hungered for, and nobody's gone all out about Cody repaints until your post right here.

And off topic a little, is hasbro really making a 100 buck monster...from cloverfield? If so thats such a waste...Sheesh.They totally are, and it totally is. I understand where they're coming from, but it's a bad idea to make it that expensive and to come out so late.

Hey, my question disappeared!

It doesn't seem to have been asked (I checked the previous thread), so what happened to it? The question was no. 20

"Seeing Titanium Series 2008 wave 1, will Hasbro correct the paint application on the Saesee Tiin Jedi Starfighter? The photo shows the incorrect 6-spoke Imperial logo instead of the proper era-specific 8-spoke Republic logo which is found on the other versions of this vehicle released so far, Obi-Wan's and Kit Fisto's."Yeah, I pulled it by accident, thought it hadn't been getting support when it had. I'll put it back and count you a vote for it.

and I'd like to add

1) I think many fans share my opinion that the TAC spirit of Annakin figure was a colossal screw-up that could easily have been remedied by the inclusion of a Sebastian Shaw head. The largest concern is that this release is a death sentence for the possibility of a future Shaw version, much as the POTF Sy Snootles seems to have killed the possibility of ever getting an updated pre-special edition version of that character. It often seems that Hasbro completely disregards the fact that many collectors think the special editions were a farce and only seek figures from the real "Original Trilogy". That said would you please consider releasing the afore mentioned Annakin body with a Shaw head? This would round out a perfect multi pack exclusive if you included the OTC Spirit of Obi Wan, and a Yoda repaint using the same translucent/iridescent coloring (perhaps using the VOTC mold).They've already answered the Shaw question: "The Sebastian Shaw head will not be included with the Anakin figure. It's possible that sometime down the road we could do a dedicated figure with the Shaw likeness, but we do not have plans for it at this time."
And waaaay back on Dec 8th, 2006, you get this frustrating answer:
JediInsider.com: If you ever get around to making a Spirit Anakin what likeness would he most likely have? Hayden Christensen, Sebastian Shaw, or (what I want to see) interchangeable Christensen and Shaw heads so everyone is happy.
Hasbro: Well that's the real trick, isn't it? (...To borrow a phrase) Ideally a combination of interchangeable heads if we ever did this figure.

2) It seems that you often prioritize obscurity over screen time/dialogue when choosing which new figures to produce. As a result, 30 years after his appearance on screen, we still have yet to get a reasonable sculpt of Dr. Evazan. He is arguably the most important cantina specific character, having the most dialogue as well as the most interaction with the film's hero. Meanwhile, you have recently released Ellis Helrot, a character most people cant even find on screen (I think I may have spotted the back of his head). Don't get me wrong, I love the obscure figures, but will you please correct this inequity as soon as possible? And while your at it please add Captain Needa and Admiral Piett to the list of characters with actual lines who have taken a back-seat to what are essentially well-decorated extras.Aug 31st:
4-inches.de: How do you explain that certain background characters like Bossk, Greedo or IG-88 got their second update since 1995, while other characters like the Gamorrean Guard, Dr. Evazan or Nien Nunb are still waiting for their long lasting first figure update? Those characters just got some repaint in the long run since 1995/1996 but no update. An update of these figures seems to be overdue and they are equally sought-after like the other guys who have been updated.
Hasbro: All three of the characters you mention are good candidates for update before too long and have been discussed. In all three cases, we have decided to pursue other characters who have never been done from their scenes first, so these updates have taken a backseat to new figures. But we will probably get to all three of these within the next few years.
And ActionFigs.com asked this on May 11th:
Can we please have a new, more accurate Dr. Evazan figure? The original POTF2 Cinema Scene figure has been repainted a few times, but the sculpt is still among the least-accurate likenesses of any figure that's never enjoyed a full resculpt. After all, he's got dialog in the movie and an action scene, and it is Star Wars' 30th Anniversary.
This is a good suggestion and one we want to pursue at some point. We weigh updating a previous Cantina denizen (like we did for Momaw Nadon) against offering a new never-before-seen figure in terms of what will most pique collector interest. We are definitely considering it, but it may be a few years before we get to him because there are some other cool ones still to be done.

Isn't it about time we got a Sim Aloo? Many of us are feeling the sharp pain of collectus-interuptus, having purchased Janus and Kren and been left with incomplete Imperial Shuttle Processions. Not only is he on the short list of vintage figures not yet updated, but of the three dignitaries he is easily the most visually memorable.SSG, Sept 1st:
Q: Does the Star Wars team still have interest in seeing every original Kenner vintage figure redone in the modern line in some way (be it basic figure or otherwise), such as: Sim Aloo, Warok, Lumat, human B-wing Pilot, Hoth Rebel Technician / Tauntaun wrangler, black Bespin Security Guard, Woof (vintage Klaatu with the sheepskin), etc.? If so, any specific timeline for them? A: It's not a stated goal for the next few years, but it will probably happen eventually more organically... i.e next time we do an Ewok, for instance, it could be an update on original figures. But we haven't just slotted all these into a future line.
ActionFigs.com, July 20th:
Over the past few years, you've offered several shared online exclusives which provided figures that otherwise may not have been produced due to a perceived lack of appeal to kids/casual collectors, figures such as Delta Squad, Wulf Yularen, and Baron Papanoida. Would you consider a similar exclusive set where characters are related only by their desirability among collectors, a "Cult Figures" type of set, drawing from the large number of figures that are consistently requested by collectors but you are wary of releasing as carded figures, such as Yarna d'al Gargan, Wilrow Hood, Sim Aloo, Tey How, Wald, Jocasta Nu, Wioslea, Teek, etc.?
We would not pursue this idea as suggested, primarily because we feel that one of the great strengths of Star Wars is the storytelling, scenic, or situational grouping that makes any multi-pack stronger than simply it's individual components. If we do pursue any of the figures you suggest, it's likely they would be presented in a Star Wars context with other figures to tell a story, rather than simply as figures grouped together by their relative obscurity.
JediDefender, last week:
JediDefender.com: Every year, you manage to knock off one or two figures from the “original Kenner figures yet-to-be-remade" list. Of the figures that are left (see the list below), who has the best chance of making it to the pegs in 2008? Will we see more than one of these in 2008?
- Death Squad Commander
- Imperial Commander (Black Tunic)
- Lumat
- Warok
- Klaatu (Jabba's Palace)
- Lars Family Power Droid
- Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary)
- Vintage Style Nikto
- Vintage Style Barada (Kithaba)
- Bespin Guard (Black)
Hasbro: Actually, in 2008 you will not see any of these. There are some of these on the 2009 list (which is still subject to change of course), but it will take a little longer than you'd like. But trust us, there is much OTC goodness to come in 2008.

And I'd like to add:

2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper, with the exception of the McQuarries, was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs relfected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line? I bet you dollars to donuts that Derryl starts his answer off with "that's an interesting question..." :D I've added it and counted your vote for it.

If I understand correctly, the TAC basic figure packaging design is being extended into the first half of 2008 until being replaced by the new Clone Wars and/or the Star Wars Classics design. Will this new 2008 look also be extended into 2009, in effect switching new Star Wars packaging designs to mid year incept dates instead of the beginning of the year?This is one I'm not sending in only because in the case of the TAC line, it's not up to them, it's Lucasfilm's decision. My guess is that Hasbro doesn't know what the packaging will look like for '09 yet as Lucasfilm doesn't know how long they'll be able to milk the Clone Wars look for.

Darth Windu
01-28-2008, 03:00 AM
Cheers JT.

Aside from the obvious vote for 23, I'll also vote for 13, and 24.

JediTricks
01-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Haw! Question 13 is another one I almost cut, you've got the touch, Windu. :D

Kidhuman
01-28-2008, 04:18 PM
9, 10, 15, 19, for now.

I also might suggest cutting #21. By the time the question gets answered Toy Fair will be here and we will know if we have pics of it then.

Cane_Adiss
02-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Were the questions submitted to Hasbro on time last week? Many (but not all) other sites have their Q&A's posted. Also, was my question about more galactic heroes of aliens cut or was it submitted to Hasbro?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Questions 20 and 21 have been answered a few times this week by other sites, so you should probably strike them.

JediTricks
02-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Question 20 modified.

Question 21 removed.

Were the questions submitted to Hasbro on time last week? Many (but not all) other sites have their Q&A's posted. Also, was my question about more galactic heroes of aliens cut or was it submitted to Hasbro?I wasn't around yesterday to post the answers, the same situation which kept me from sending the questions in 3 weeks ago is what kept me from posting them until today.

Questions 20 and 21 have been answered a few times this week by other sites, so you should probably strike them.Good eye. I'm changing question 20, voters can opt out of it if they like.

Maradona
02-02-2008, 11:33 PM

joe-da
02-04-2008, 08:45 AM

bigbarada
02-04-2008, 05:28 PM

My last vote will go to #5, but I was kind of hoping to submit a question that focused on the Biker Scout Pistol alone. Because Hasbro could answer the question as it stands without even a single mention of that particular gun.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-04-2008, 05:53 PM

I'll add others later when people ask some new questions.

JediTricks
02-05-2008, 10:25 PM
My last vote will go to #5, but I was kind of hoping to submit a question that focused on the Biker Scout Pistol alone. Because Hasbro could answer the question as it stands without even a single mention of that particular gun.That one's a question I came up with a while back, and it's never quite got the traction as-is to get asked. If you can think of a way to modify it, LMK. I've added a somewhat lame "(Please discuss the specific possibilities of each of the examples in this question.)" to the end for now.

JediTricks
02-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Well, that's it for this round. Thanks to everybody who voted!

Due to Toy Fair next week, Hasbro won't be answering these questions till the 22nd, so don't be surprised next Friday when there are no answers.

Here are the questions we're submitting this round:

Would Hasbro ever consider releasing figures based off artist Feng Zhu's Imperial Recruitment posters which appeared in the Star Wars: Visionaires comic series, perhaps as Comic 2-Packs? There's 2 designs in the official series, and 4 more posters drawn but not released: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Recruitment
Besides the sexy female recruits in the posters, the SW: Visionaries comic has other great characters like cyborg Darth Maul, Darth Sidious and the Sithisis Worm, Corporal Jobin just to name a few that would make great action figures, especially coming off the heels of the TAC concept figures since the comic was done by ROTS concept artists.
Concerning pegwarmers and Saga Legends taking up TAC shelfspace, back on Sept 28th you told us "stores will be resupplied based on what has sold down, not based on what is sitting on what pegs, which is invisible to the automated ordering systems. So if Saga Legends is selling in those stores, it will be reordered. If 30th Anniv. is selling, it will be reordered. To finish that discussion - the stock of one has no impact on the other." Understanding that you have the 2 separate SKUs and assortment numbers in place to avoid these problems, what your argument seems to miss is the rampant amount of human error in the process, pegging Saga Legends on TAC pegs (whether done by store employees, or customers who simply don't notice the difference between the red accents vs orange accents of the basic cards), so in your argument, if Saga Legends takes up all the pegspace, TAC can never sell down and be reordered because it never leaves the back rooms to hit the pegs in the first place. Keep in mind, the TAC & SL cards are pretty much visually identical, and the assortment numbers which are supposed to separate them don't stand out on packaging and at a quick glance appear the same (87500 vs 85770) especially for an overworked, underpaid retail employee who is trying to get too many things done at once. So how can sales be generated for a specific product if it doesn't reach the floor in the first place?
What are the chances of seeing an Evolutions set of the Seperatists' droids, consisting of updated, all-new versions of the Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, and IG-100 MagnaGuard (aka Grievous' Bodyguard)?
With photos confirming Tsui Choi from the Order 66 2packs now out there, are we likely to see Ratts Tyrell - another member of the same species - in 2008? Could we see 1-2 Podracer figures per year the way we're now seeing Ewoks?
Do you have any plans to release the V-Wing Fighter in Imperial colors as seen at the end of ROTS?
Now that we're getting an ROTS-specific 2-1B droid, is there any chance we'll be seeing an updated ESB-specific version in the near future? There are many differences between the two designs, both large and small, including head, torso, arms and legs - which is pretty much everything - so the ROTS one wouldn't really fit in an ESB scene. 2-1B is one of the rare OT non-hero droids to actually have lines, and is quite memorable, so an update would be much appreciated.
Also a product issue that's time-sensitive and should be brought to Hasbro's attention even if we don't get an answer: Seeing Titanium Series 2008 wave 1, will Hasbro correct the paint application on the Saesee Tiin Jedi Starfighter? It currently sports the incorrect 6-spoke Imperial logo instead of the proper era-specific 8-spoke Republic logo which is found on the other versions of this vehicle released so far, Obi-Wan's and Kit Fisto's.
Look for the new round of voting soon.