PDA

View Full Version : Things you see everyday but...

Deoxyribonucleic
01-25-2008, 05:43 PM
are down right bizarre when others see them.

I never, repeat, NEVER dry my bras in the dryer! It wears them down faster, gets them all tangled in other clothes and often bends the underwire so I hang them over my motorcycle helmet to dry. To me, this is just normal but a friend of mine came over and saw it and started laughing hysterically and thought it to be very strange, so I took a picture...

Please feel free to share your pictures! :lipsrsealed:

Ji'dai
01-25-2008, 06:00 PM
A BraBaby will protect your bras in the washer and dryer. It'll also save you the humiliation of bra-helmet.

2-1B
01-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Ummmmmmmmmm, dunno that I could top that in terms of bizarre. :shocked:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Not bra-related, but still . . .

Whenever I write or draw, I hold my pencil different from most other people. It's kind of hard to explain, but I mainly control it with the first two fingers and thumb, and the first knuckles on the first two fingers are always touching the paper/table and my wrist is pretty much always bent. People ALWAYS ask how/why I do it that way, and I just have to explain and they're generally in awe for whatever reason. I've always written/drawn like that; I can do it normally as well (my kindergarten and first grade teachers tried to make me do it that way) but it takes longer and I don't really like it.

2-1B
01-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Do you stick your tongue out and drool while you're at it ? :confused:

Deoxyribonucleic
01-25-2008, 08:41 PM
A BraBaby will protect your bras in the washer and dryer. It'll also save you the humiliation of bra-helmet.

This post is just hilarious! Thanks for a good deep laugh. BraBaby? Ok, I've been wearing bras now for over 20 years and I have yet to hear about this glorious invention.

In regards to JJL's post, I really dislike it when teachers think that there's only one way to hold a writing utensil. If something works for a child, let them at it for crying out loud. There's no law that says you have to hold your writing utensil one way or another! :mad:

2-1B
01-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Looks like quite a bargain... www.brababy.com

Neuroleptic
01-25-2008, 10:13 PM
I see all kinds of strange things on a daily basis at work, since I work in a dementia unit. However, I don't think many of them can top the now infamous bra helmet.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Looks like quite a bargain... www.brababy.com

wow, that seems very complicated...I'd probably end up inside of it myself :confused: lol

i think I'll keep my bra-helmet, it's free ;)

I see all kinds of strange things on a daily basis at work, since I work in a dementia unit. However, I don't think many of them can top the now infamous bra helmet.

I bet you have some of the most strange stories around. I know many police officers/detectives/criminalistics folks and I love hanging with them just listening to stories they have had over the years.

TeeEye7
01-25-2008, 10:30 PM
I know many police officers/detectives/criminalistics folks and I love hanging with them just listening to stories they have had over the years.

Yeah, that's coz we're talking about our colleagues! :yes:

Or Lanny....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Do you stick your tongue out and drool while you're at it ? :confused:
Like you do at your Nickelback concerts?

2-1B
01-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Like you do at your Nickelback concerts?

Only seen them live once, so it would be concert, not concerts. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Only seen them live once, so it would be concert, not concerts. :thumbsup:
So then you clearly do not see them every day.

Back on topic, please. :thumbsup:

2-1B
01-25-2008, 11:14 PM
That's what I was trying to say, :rolleyes: that it's not an every day occurance so I don't know why you brought it up...but I'm glad we're back on topic. :thumbsup:

Honestly, I see SSG about every day and think nothing of it...but to most people, they would be really creeped out by this site. lol

Deoxyribonucleic
01-26-2008, 02:08 AM
That's what I was trying to say, :rolleyes: that it's not an every day occurance so I don't know why you brought it up...but I'm glad we're back on topic. :thumbsup:

Honestly, I see SSG about every day and think nothing of it...but to most people, they would be really creeped out by this site. lol

Especially this site advertising BraBaby :thumbsup: Look what you started Ji'Dai ;)

UKWildcat
01-26-2008, 02:18 AM
Whenever I write or draw, I hold my pencil different from most other people. It's kind of hard to explain, but I mainly control it with the first two fingers and thumb, and the first knuckles on the first two fingers are always touching the paper/table and my wrist is pretty much always bent. People ALWAYS ask how/why I do it that way, and I just have to explain and they're generally in awe for whatever reason. I've always written/drawn like that; I can do it normally as well (my kindergarten and first grade teachers tried to make me do it that way) but it takes longer and I don't really like it.

Can we get a picture please?

In regards to JJL's post, I really dislike it when teachers think that there's only one way to hold a writing utensil. If something works for a child, let them at it for crying out loud. There's no law that says you have to hold your writing utensil one way or another! :mad:

But what if the (incorrect) way you hold the utensil gives you a 99.9% chance of developing carpel tunnel syndrome, arthritis, or something? Should there be a law then? Huh? Huh? ;)

darthvyn
01-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Whenever I write or draw, I hold my pencil different from most other people. It's kind of hard to explain, but I mainly control it with the first two fingers and thumb, and the first knuckles on the first two fingers are always touching the paper/table and my wrist is pretty much always bent.

does it look as weird as erik larsen's way of holding a writing implement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arMMZJrbKa0

CaptainSolo1138
01-26-2008, 10:05 AM
A) Erik Larsen scares me.
B) Holy crap! How does he manage to draw so well, much less write, like that?!

Ji'dai
01-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Especially this site advertising BraBaby :thumbsup: Look what you started Ji'Dai ;) There's a competing product called the BraBall (http://www.braballs.com/) as well. That one is not to be confused with the BraBall (http://www.braball.com/), a five-foot tall sculpture that contains over 18,000 bras and was made to commemorate the tragic heartache of bra-helmet endured by so many women.

One of these things was invented by a hot US servicewoman who worked as a helicopter mechanic, but I'm not sure which.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-26-2008, 02:47 PM
does it look as weird as erik larsen's way of holding a writing implement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arMMZJrbKa0
That's the general idea, actually. But as I said, the first knuckles on my first two fingers are touching the paper. It's kind of like how you're supposed to hold a drumstick, but much closer to the top of the pencil.

I don't think I have any pictures of me writing or drawing, but I'll see.

2-1B
01-26-2008, 02:55 PM
But at least you can keep time and even some rythym when you're writin', then. :thumbsup:

bobafrett
01-26-2008, 02:58 PM
A former girlfriend of mine was notorious for leaving her bras hanging uver the lampshades, or bedposts, but never over a helmet. I take it this was your place Deox? I can see Star Wars figures to the left of the photo, and I was digging the hardwood floors. I also liked viewing your undergaments, better than the standard white bra I must say!

2-1B
01-26-2008, 03:08 PM
There were Star Wars figures and hardwood floors in that picture ? :confused:

I never noticed...:confused:

bobafrett
01-26-2008, 03:11 PM
There were Star Wars figures and hardwood floors in that picture ? :confused:

I never noticed...:confused:

Once you see enough womens bras lying around on your floor, you begin to take notice of other things around you.

2-1B
01-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Except we're talkin' bout 'Ox here...not some random Chicago hoodrats. lol

bobafrett
01-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Except we're talkin' bout 'Ox here...not some random Chicago hoodrats. lol

I know, sweet fantasy of life.........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

And I still noticed other things in the picture.

mabudonicus
01-26-2008, 03:32 PM
LOL maybe the hardwood was in Bobafretts house and his mind just superinposed it in the pic, Caesar ;)
:beard: Iso & Baws
Can't post stuff of the things I see everyday but other folks think is odd

2-1B
01-26-2008, 03:33 PM
maybe Frett sourced said hardwood from The Lumberyard ? :confused:

bobafrett
01-26-2008, 03:34 PM
It's dark cherry, I swear.

2-1B
01-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Deox's isn't.

jjreason
01-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Can't post stuff of the things I see everyday but other folks think is odd

Hmmm... suddenly I feel like a shot of Vodka....

Surprised no one has commented on the juxtaposition of naughty and nice demonstrated by the white cottony brassiere against the rigid black polymer of the bike helmet.....:bandit:

Well, I guess they have now. :D

Deoxyribonucleic
01-27-2008, 02:49 AM
It's dark cherry, I swear.

Wow, I had no idea you knew me 'so well' ;) :love:

the juxtaposition of naughty and nice demonstrated by the white cottony brassiere against the rigid black polymer of the bike helmet.....

Someone has been to too many s&m shows :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Once you see enough womens bras lying around on your floor, you begin to take notice of other things around you.So, this pic is more like those Highlights magazine drawings where you find the hidden items, eh? :pleased:

Back to the thread topic, non-bra related (really? there's other such things in the world? ;) )...

I've always thought that an outsider to the USA, looking at crosswalk signs, could get confused. Think about it: the red (get your attention, bright and important color) hand flashes at you, almost waving you on, as if it's saying "come on, come here, on this other side of the street." But the green (a cool and common color, so not so important) person isn't moving, just standing still, as if to say "don't move, nothing to see here."