PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Wave 1 Out Now

Thunderbird
01-26-2008, 05:21 PM
I found wave 1 this morning at Wal Mart, the bad thing was it wasn't in the computer so they couldn't sell it:upset:

Good thing is at least they are out in the begining of the year.

jedi master sal
01-26-2008, 06:56 PM
I found wave 1 this morning at Wal Mart, the bad thing was it wasn't in the computer so they couldn't sell it:upset:

And so it begins...

I'm calling to all my fellow collectors out there. This is my last "Great Clone Hunt" I'm looking to build 40 Kashyyyk Clones. If you can help I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for folks who would be able to get 5 of these. They would be shipped to me loose in baggies with accessories/stands. If I can get 7 people to help me in this way, I'll reach my goal (I'll get the other 5 myself.)

Again, any help is greatly appreciated. IM me about this if you're willing to help. No need to bog down this thread.

Thanks,
-Sal

Jedi_Kal-El
01-26-2008, 07:06 PM

They'll probably sit in the stockroom at my Wal-Mart until the end of Feb.

bigbarada
01-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Any clue as to when they will be allowed to sell them?

jedi master sal
01-26-2008, 07:35 PM
I think it's just crap they can't sell them now. What the heck is keeping them from being sold?? There is no street date that I know of.

darkagent
01-26-2008, 09:11 PM

Were you purchasing a Kashyyyk Trooper or repackaged Jango Fett?

Today, I found those two, along with Obi Wan Kenobi, Po Nudo, Mustafar Panning Droid and repacked Clone Trooper in Training. Only the Kashyyyk Trooper and Jango rang up. The store clerk just scanned those two in place of the others, allowing me to buy all the figures. :D

Jedi_Kal-El
01-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Hearing the news, I went out to see if my Wal-Mart had any cases out to put out, but nope...sitting in the back. Usually if I hear about them showing up out west, then I see them here 2 to 3 weeks later with the exception of TAC wave 7 which showed up less than a week after.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-26-2008, 09:23 PM
I thought they were the same assortment as the 2007 figures, so why would they not be allowed to sell them?

Kidhuman
01-26-2008, 09:36 PM
I was wondering the same thing JJL. Similar thing happened to me at Target with wave 8 of the Saga figures where they werent in the computer. Instead of not selling tem to me, they sold them to me at clearance price

jedi master sal
01-27-2008, 10:41 AM
If your Wal*Mart has those self scanner, just scan in the ones that go through and use that same figure for the ones that don't.

Problem solved. You aren't doing anything wrong either. You ARE purchasing the figs. And don't worry about throwing off their stock numbers. It will catch up.

It really makes no sense why they won't ring up.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-27-2008, 02:01 PM
They dont have a street date, so wal-mart should have sold them to you...i would have raised a little havoc with the cashier..which i have with marvel legends before...what they will do is get one of the other older items and scan them in that one's place.

I've been on the look out for these for the past week still nothing, but of course i haven't seen wave 7.5 or 8 in stores yet so...I don't expect to see these anytime soon. Good to hear they are out though.

Thunderbird
01-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Ok, here's what happened. I found these yesterday on the way to work. I didn't have time to wait for them to find a way to make these scan so I had to pass.

Today I found these at another Wal Mart on a endcap in the long shelf displays of mostly figures from last year. I pick up almost 2 full sets, minus the Lava Droid it wasn't there. I go to scan the price and it didn't work here eaither. I took them to the cashier and the only one that would work is the Kashyyyk Clone, so after trying them all she just scanned them with that one.

bigbarada
01-27-2008, 02:32 PM
I always thought that the whole thing about stores not being able to sell figures too soon had to do with the movies' release schedules. In other words, Lucasfilm didn't want information about a new Star Wars movie being mass-released prior to a specific date.

Why in the world would there be a "don't sell before" date on action figures for a three year old movie?

ANNDDDD.... why in the world do we have to wait until March for the 2008 figures? Wasn't the delay last year caused by Spider-Man or Transformers or coins or something like that. Why do we have yet another delay this year? :frus:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2008, 02:57 PM
BigB, Hasbro stated recently that none of the delays had anything to do with any of their other properties. Apparently the delay between waves 3 and 4 had to do with the coins; perhaps that had something to do with the initial delay into March as well, or the fact that there were still two waves of TSC figures released in January and February of last year.

DarkArtist
01-27-2008, 04:23 PM
well the Wally World by me just restocked wave 7 & 7.5 so I'm not expecting to find wave 1 till late Feb or early March.

Adam
02-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Picked up Obi-Wan, Anakin, and the Tri-Droid today. Didn't see the clones. Anakin and Obi-Wan weren't something I was particularly interested in untill I heard about their new hips.. glad I picked them up. They are pretty great. :)

Mvader91
02-01-2008, 03:17 AM
Just found all of wave1 08 at two Walmarts tonight. They are very nice. I gotta tell ya the art work packaging is very well done.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Went ahead and picked up Po Nudo (SP) and the Wookie Planet Scout Trooper today. Po Nudo isn't a great figure by any means of the imagination. He has very limited movement, and reminds me of a old POTF2 figure...Other than his elbows. While on the flip side of that the Scout Trooper bloody rocks! It's going to be very difficult not to build a squad or two of these guys. I passed on Anakin (Vader) and Obi Wan because i already have enough of those figures to do my kid's, kid's life times...

JEDIpartner
02-01-2008, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't be able to find them in Ohio even if I tried. I just ordered a case of singles from this wave and I think I'm done with figures until the announce something past wave 3 as I have little interest in 2 OR 3. :(

Jedi_Kal-El
02-01-2008, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't be able to find them in Ohio even if I tried. I just ordered a case of singles from this wave and I think I'm done with figures until the announce something past wave 3 as I have little interest in 2 OR 3. :(

Interesting, and here I though that only happend in Indiana, as far as being able to find stuff. I guess we're right next to each other though so it makes sense. It seems like we're always the last to get stuff here.:mad:

Battle Droid
02-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Found Po Nudo and 2-1B today at Wal-Mart. :D