PDA

View Full Version : Wave 1 comic packs out

Kidhuman
01-26-2008, 07:31 PM
I found the latest wave of these comic 2 packs. I saw all three but only got the LT. Jundland and Dena Shan pack for now. If ya want pics, I can post them.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Please do. I'd love to see how they look other than in some preview picture.

jedi master sal
01-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes please KH! Post those pics!

I'll be on the lookout for these now.

Getting:
3X Luke/Shan (at least-2 of these for customs-Admiral Daala and Ysanne Isard, however I may get more, just to have Female Imperial Officers)
X1 Mouse/Basso
X4 White Commando/Super Battle Droid (Need a full squad of white commandos)

-Sal

Kidhuman
01-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Here they are, I didnt take loose pics of Luke, see why below, noting special really.

Deena San pic is a bit blurry, I will take a better one tomorrow after charging the batteries.

Kidhuman
01-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Shan is a nice figure. She has knee, ankle, hip, wrist, elbow, chest(waist), shoulder and head for articulation.

Luke has swivel elbows, hip, wrist, waist, shoulder(normal, not ball jointed) and head. No knee or ankle.

Worth a pick up for the female officer.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Pretty sweet. You can never have too many Imperial officers I guess. I'll have to grab on when I see it.

I read that the Luke was just his head on an Ozzel body, but since I don't have the Luke yet, I have no way to reference that claim.

jedi master sal
01-27-2008, 11:38 AM
The one thing that I think sucks is that Hasbro did NOT pay attention to the rank pips. BOTH Luke and Deena have Lieutenant pips (2 red over 2 blue).

No excuse for the female fig not to be right. She was a new sculpt. And they are using her for Juno Eclipse as well, who should have NO pips, IIRC.

They cheaped out with the Luke figure. It is indeed Luke's head on an Ozzel body.

At the least a minor rescupt to fix the rank pips.

For me it means I'm going to have to do some customizing. For something so simple! Not simple for us mind you, simple for Hasbro.

Ah well, I'll still get the sets. Just not looking forward to having to custom them.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-27-2008, 12:19 PM
The one thing that I think sucks is that Hasbro did NOT pay attention to the rank pips. BOTH Luke and Deena have Lieutenant pips (2 red over 2 blue).

No excuse for the female fig not to be right. She was a new sculpt. And they are using her for Juno Eclipse as well, who should have NO pips, IIRC.

They cheaped out with the Luke figure. It is indeed Luke's head on an Ozzel body.

At the least a minor rescupt to fix the rank pips.

For me it means I'm going to have to do some customizing. For something so simple! Not simple for us mind you, simple for Hasbro.

Ah well, I'll still get the sets. Just not looking forward to having to custom them.

Most times it seems simple just would make too much sense to the folks at Hasbro, and we all know they're not always that big on making sense.

Screw continuity, we're a multi-billion dollar company, so let's save a few bucks here and there, so I can get that new Jaguar I've been eyeing.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Found these yesterday, the Deena and Luke pack is worth the pick up most certainly. The republic commando pack is a little blah...but what can you expect? The Mouse and Basso (Sp?), was cool, but if your like me and don't read the Empire/Rebelion era comics your probably like who? Though another Duros character made the pack a cool oddity in my dioramas.

JediTricks
01-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Actually, they're using the Juno Eclipse mold for this body, it came first and was repurposed for the comic-pack.

joe-da
01-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Is Luke's hat removable?

Kidhuman
01-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Yes, both figures have removable hats

joe-da
01-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Groovy! Thanks for letting me know.

Kidhuman
01-29-2008, 03:25 PM
No problem, I didnt even think to check for myself until you asked.

Tycho
02-01-2008, 06:58 AM
They've got to use the Juno Elipse body mold for:

Admiral Daala
Ysanne Isard

both these Imperial ladies are far more important to SW EU than what they are producing.

jedi master sal
02-01-2008, 09:22 AM
They've got to use the Juno Elipse body mold for:

Admiral Daala
Ysanne Isard

both these Imperial ladies are far more important to SW EU than what they are producing.

That's why I've already planned on customizing two Junos (well actually Deanna Shan's since they will be cheaper and the color for Isard's uniform would be correct, IIRC) for this very purpose.

Tycho
02-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Sal, could you wait to do the customs? Buy the figures for the bases, but leave them carded so you could sell or trade them later.

Why?

Wouldn't you want the "official" Daala and Isard figures if Hasbro makes them?

If so, aren't those 2 really likely, such that you won't need your customs?

I know there is part of you that just wants to paint a uniform red and get out the Sculpting Puddy (for Isard's hair) etc - I feel the urge, too. But in this case, those 2 characters are so obvious that I'd be surprised if Hasbro doesn't issue them in the next 2 years.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Sal, could you wait to do the customs? Buy the figures for the bases, but leave them carded so you could sell or trade them later.

Why?

I know there is part of you that just wants to paint a uniform red and get out the Sculpting Puddy (for Isard's hair) etc - I feel the urge, too. But in this case, those 2 characters are so obvious that I'd be surprised if Hasbro doesn't issue them in the next 2 years.

The customs that Sal makes could end up being better than anything Hasbro gives us with these two figures. Especialy if they come in comic-packs.

jedi master sal
02-01-2008, 09:14 PM

Why?

I could wait, but I won't. You're prolly right and I've thought of that too, that they will use the same bodies for Isaard and Daala.

I've just been itchin to do those figures though.

Oh...and I thought that it was funny that YOU would ask me about waiting. Heh, you're the guy who has upteen many Qui-gons and Obi's from EPI and didn't wait for new better versions to come out, yet we are getting much better versions and have over the years. You've said in the past that you won't get figures to replace old ones. Granted these would be customs getting replaced possibly by actual Hasbro ones, but I don't see much difference there.

No worries Tycho. Like I said, I'll get them from the comic packs. I'll use the extra Luke's for Imp Officer customs.

jedi master sal
02-01-2008, 09:15 PM
The customs that Sal makes could end up being better than anything Hasbro gives us with these two figures. Especialy if they come in comic-packs.

Thank you for the compliment. Yes, I would take a careful approach at customing these and would look to make a superior sculpt.

Tycho
02-01-2008, 09:21 PM

Most of that statement is true - the part that's complimentary to Sal.

As to Hasbro? Their comic 2-pack figures were much better than the TAC figures in many cases with regards to human figures.

Luke Tatooine w. moisture vaporator
Luke Yavin Ceremony
Han Bespin Torture
Lando Smuggler Attire (which isn't THAT bad)
Mace Windu
Oral Ediface Obi-Wan

and more were all TAC figures I dispised.

Contrast those with Quinlan, Alpha, Mara, Dark Woman, Baltar, Clone Wars Obi-Wan, etc. With regards to Hasbro, a lot of the comic 2-pack figures of humans were superior.

Ji'dai
02-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Picked up Lt. Jundland & Deena Shan and Mouse & Basso this week. I have no interest in the Clone/SBD pack.

A female Imperial Officer was something I could not pass up. Many Imp officers might have been boobs, but this is the first officer figure to actually have 'em. Haven't opened this one yet, but I'm glad to hear the hats are removable. Looking forward to Juno Eclipse now. Hopefully we'll get Isard and Daala at some point in the future.

My Basso figure was packed wearing an orange Sandtrooper pauldron. (Photo 1 (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=26058&ppuser=3421) and photo 2 (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=26057&ppuser=3421)). The carded pic (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TAC/TACcomic15cardfr.jpg) over on RS shows Basso without the pauldron. Does anyone know if this a packaging change?

Kidhuman
02-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Mine came with the Pauldron also.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Most of that statement is true - the part that's complimentary to Sal.

As to Hasbro? Their comic 2-pack figures were much better than the TAC figures in many cases with regards to human figures.

Luke Tatooine w. moisture vaporator
Luke Yavin Ceremony
Han Bespin Torture
Lando Smuggler Attire (which isn't THAT bad)
Mace Windu
Oral Ediface Obi-Wan

and more were all TAC figures I dispised.

Contrast those with Quinlan, Alpha, Mara, Dark Woman, Baltar, Clone Wars Obi-Wan, etc. With regards to Hasbro, a lot of the comic 2-pack figures of humans were superior.

My biggest gripe with most of them is the articulation, which left me scartching my head on a few of them. Ankles, but no knees? Why not just go all the way? Especially now that they're going up in price a little.

Kidhuman
02-02-2008, 05:00 PM
I agree, the only thing missing is articulation on most of the comic figures. Other than that, they have been good.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I found these at Fred Meyer today. I might have passed on them since they were $11.99, but they had a sign there saying action figures were "Buy 2 get one free" if of equal or lesser value. Luckily, they had all three sets so I was able to get them for $25.99 total after tax. That's $8.66 each.

Tycho
02-12-2008, 03:07 PM
As the most intriguing of the new comic packs, I'm going to re-read some of the Empire comic series I've collected to see if this set is even worth picking up.

With his longer hair, Luke doesn't even look like he could pass for an Imperial, and the known lack of women serving in the Empire doesn't inspire use of Deena Shan as a diorama filler (Admiral Daala and Ysanne Isard, Hasbro. Duh! C'mon!)

But using Wookieepedia, I came up with the research materials one would need to look into Deena Shan.

Her first appearance is in Empire 22 where she helps Han and Luke in one of her early missions with the Alliance. Then she might appear in other issues, but as Empire wrapped in issues 36-40, she's central to that, as well as continuing on into the currently running Rebellion series.

My take on her is she's not that interesting. She's cool in that she's a misfit who's a non-hero suddenly thrust into adventures alongside real heroes, but it doesn't inspire me to want an action figure of her. Deena seems like a twit.

We'll see. I'll update this evaluation after I've caught up with my re-reading about her. I'm not too enthusiastic.

El Chuxter
02-12-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm passing on this set if I ever see it. A Luke head on an Imperial Officer body isn't inspiring, and I'll hopefully send Hasbro a message that I'd rather have a female officer who doesn't suck (like you said, Daala or Ysard).

DarkArtist
02-17-2008, 06:06 PM
picked up 3 of the Lt Shan Lt Jundland, 3 of the Republic Commando and 1 of Mouse and Basso. want to get another Republic Commando and a few more Lt Shan's. would have liked if they made Shan look like she does in the comic pack in the technicians outfit but oh well. still a great set of packs. have yet to see the Walmart sets though, but will most likely never see them at retail, the Walmarts by me are bad with exclusives.

Tycho
02-18-2008, 08:51 AM
See I'm not a fan of Deena Shan's or Basso and Mouse's and so forth.

I just re-read my Empire / Rebellion comics to see if I had misjudged her. Nope.

Having Lt. Sunber (Tank) in a conflict with Luke as Lt. Jundland might've been cool - or Luke and Deena in their black special ops suits, but I don't know.

The story's getting better as Leia decides to destroy that Imperial fuel depot, but we're well past the Rebels wearing Imperial uniforms.

I'm waiting for different comic 2-packs such as Talon Karrde and Leia as Xizor's Prisoner! Those look amazing!

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 12:28 AM
I saw these today. Sorry, they're horrible. I'd like to thank Hasbro for saving me $36 by making them suck so badly; and I'd like to kick them in the nads for not giving me figures I want instead.