PDA

View Full Version : TFU toys and collectibles

Kidhuman
01-23-2008, 03:43 PM
THIS IS AN EDIT BY SAL...I moved all of these posts on the first two pages to this thread from the checklist thread to save them for you folks. This is to be the discussion thread for the toys.

If you don't plan on getting this line, please feel free to post in this thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=37083) instead. Please keep negative posts to this line in that thread. Thanks!

(Sorry to have to hi-jack your post there KH.)
END OF EDIT.

Also I have seen the Unleashed BP's of these guys at WM.

El Chuxter
01-24-2008, 12:22 PM
I was excited about the game, but the further delay coupled with the info that the Wii version won't have accurate sword controls and is made by a third party is quashing that pretty quickly.

Vive la Wii!!

jedi master sal
01-24-2008, 01:41 PM
They really need to just release the 360 and PS3 versions now, then the Wii when it's ready. The delay has really wilted the hype.

The tie-in toys may pegwarm now, whereas they would in all likelyhood move much faster with the game being out at the same time.

I'm a tad worried that this will hold up future waves of figures. True it will save money NOW, but then it's going to be like last year when we get hit with several waves in a month.

pegger
01-25-2008, 09:57 AM
They really need to just release the 360 and PS3 versions now, then the Wii when it's ready. The delay has really wilted the hype.

The tie-in toys may pegwarm now, whereas they would in all likelyhood move much faster with the game being out at the same time.

I'm a tad worried that this will hold up future waves of figures. True it will save money NOW, but then it's going to be like last year when we get hit with several waves in a month.

I agree. IF the problem is the Wii platform, I don't mind waiting for them to get it right. But they could release it for the other platforms.

I can't see the figures are going to do to well without the game out around the same time. While I'd get the troopers, and even Vader (I know Chux hates it, but I kinda like it), the others will be quickly "meh" without the tie in.

jedi master sal
01-25-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm a little torn on these figs. Do I wait or do I buy them now.

I do have an "in" on a case of these. It's the internet special case assortment.
Assortment includes two each of Kashyyyk Trooper, Evo Stormtrooper, Imperial Jump Trooper, and Shadow Guard, with one each of Darth Vader, Rahm Kota, Maris Brood and Juno Eclipse.

That is an excellent case assortment for me. I'd even consider two cases of that since I'd need the troops and the extra Juno. That would leave me with an extra Vader, Kota and Brood though.

Still even if I got stuck with them I'd still be paying less than retail for the figs right away.

On one hand I could have the figures now and less than retail, though not by as much if I get stuck with those three mention. Or wait and see if they clearance later (which has NOT been the trend).

Ultimately I think I'll end up getting the two cases and hope to trade/sell-at cost those three figs.

El Chuxter
01-25-2008, 10:45 AM
I actually have to say the Vader figure looks very well executed. I just don't like it because there are only three people in the galaxy who should be able to put a hurting on Vader: Obi-Wan, Palpatine, and Luke. His injuries in ROTJ weren't even a fraction of this, and they proved fatal.

Kidhuman
01-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Sal, if you do that, I might be interested in the extras.

jedi master sal
01-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Sal, if you do that, I might be interested in the extras.

Absolutely! That would be a great help to me as well. As soon as I know when the cases are available, and I've got two cases secure, I'll let you know.

Thanks!

stillakid
01-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Are there photos of this line somewhere?

pegger
01-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Link below:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/shop/shopnews/news20071219.html

stillakid
01-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks! I just ordered a case. :yes:

Jedi_Kal-El
01-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Jedi Master Sal, I believe you missed the Rancor with Felucian Warrior. I think it's a Target Exclusive.

I think it was listed on a venders order list. Most of the list was fuzzed up, so we couldn't see all the listings, but the Rogue Shadow was listed right under the Rancor. And the fuzzing didn't cover it. I really hope it's true, I love the design, for the Rogue Shadow. Hopefully we'll see it at next months Toy Fair.

Not sure when it's comming out but it's a Target exclusive. Rebelscum has a photo of the Rancor and I'm providing the link below.

Thought they had a photo of the Shadow as well but I must have imagined it.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/rancor.jpg

jedi master sal
01-27-2008, 09:58 PM
This is the thread to talk about the toys and other such items from the line. I'm moving the posts from the checklist thread to this thread.

Devil King
02-02-2008, 04:17 PM
I just don't like it because there are only three people in the galaxy who should be able to put a hurting on Vader: Obi-Wan, Palpatine, and Luke.

Then you should forget about everything Lucas has done, or allowed to be done, since he started this prequels and beyond disaster. All this guy has done is crap all over Vader since the moment he decided the make the prequels.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Then you should forget about everything Lucas has done, or allowed to be done, since he started this prequels and beyond disaster. All this guy has done is crap all over Vader since the moment he decided the make the prequels.

and why all this hate on Lucas? Lucas has NOTHING to do with FU, or 90% of the EU. The prequels are what they were meant to be! The story of Anakin and Padme, Obi Wan and Anakin...We all assumed to much and these great images of what they ARE in OUR minds...not what the story demanded them to be. Now don't get me wrong i don't agree or advocate everything Lucas did with the PT, but ROTS and most of TPM were not bad movies...just no ESB... AOTC on the other hand was a rather blah movie, but it had it's moments and it's characters...Dooku, Jango, The Clone Wars begining...ETC

Devil King
02-03-2008, 03:00 PM
and why all this hate on Lucas? Lucas has NOTHING to do with FU, or 90% of the EU. The prequels are what they were meant to be! The story of Anakin and Padme, Obi Wan and Anakin...We all assumed to much and these great images of what they ARE in OUR minds...not what the story demanded them to be. Now don't get me wrong i don't agree or advocate everything Lucas did with the PT, but ROTS and most of TPM were not bad movies...just no ESB... AOTC on the other hand was a rather blah movie, but it had it's moments and it's characters...Dooku, Jango, The Clone Wars begining...ETC

(c)Lucasfilm Ltd.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-03-2008, 03:17 PM
(c)Lucasfilm Ltd.

AMEN BROTHER.

Devil King
02-03-2008, 04:29 PM
not what the story demanded them to be.

The story? As in the story Lucas told 30 years ago and decided to dismiss, totally?

"There you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi master who instructed me"

"He has too much of his father in him"/"That's what I'm affraid of"

"He thought your father should have stayed here and not gotten involved"

"Do you remember your mother? Your real mother?/Just a little bit. She died when I was very young."

And on and on and on. And what people do now is justify with silly loopholes and say "maybe he always menat this" or " maybe she always meant that", and Lucas has left all those inconsistancies to be explained via the expanded universe, which more often than not only ends up dilluting and muddling the story even more.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Lucas was the writer and creator of episodes 1-4...Those are his movies, his creation, and part of his life i'm willing to bet.

Ahh yes the classic Obi Wan speech on Hoth...Lucas didn't write this...Why blame him? The director of ESB wrote this. Star Wars is Lucas's and when he went back to make the PT should be listen to what someone else wrote in another movie in the same universe as his new ones will be set in? No...

If you were the creator of Star Wars would you take every ounce of every other source directly into your heart when you created something new in YOUR galaxy? Or course not. It's not plauseable and doing that isn't apart of the creative process. SO i don't blame Lucas out right for not taking every line of dialogue into mind when he wrote the films...and Yoda did instruct Obi Wan Kenobi...He just wasn't his master...The Eu didn't muck that up...They cleared that up for people who take these for more than just movies...Just sayin...

Ahh the forshadowing of what Luke could become, and the fears of Owen...How is the PT not following this? This is a feeling/fear of two suporting characters...no plot line was or should be moved away from this, this line was made for us the viewer to understand there is more to Luke than him just being a farm boy...Lucas was teaseing us and using the Larr's family as his voice for him to say hey pay attention to Luke now...
It's called forshadowing.

Actually how do WE know Owen didn't feel this way? Did we get to know his opinions in ROTS? No we didn't, at least not in the movie...Actually this line clears up alot of the clouded realtionship that Anakin and Owen may have had in the gaps between movies espically before ROTS. In AOTC Owen and Anakin may have had time to grow closer, or at least get to know one another a little...how do we know Owen didn't want a little Jedi Brother? We don't, but your quote let's us the viewer know how Owen felt.

"Do you remember your mother? Your real mother?/Just a little bit. She died when I was very young."

This one is the classic "Botch" though Leia is gifted in the force also quoted by Luke Skywalker in the movie...Who's to say she don't recall Padme through visions in the Force? Would that be so horriable? Actually it's a commonly used jedi power...according to EU sorces. who's to say Leia isn't recalling Bail's wife who may have died when she was young?

The problem with the star wars community is that WE think Star Wars was made for us...it wasn't. Lucas made this for himself because he had something to say, and something he wanted to see...if we loved it, great, if we hated it do you think Lucas lost/loses any sleep? creators of fiction rarely do what the community thinks they should or demand they should, if they create something, it's there's and they (Mostly) refuse to follow someone else's plot lines in their creation (Which i do not blame them for in the slightest.) Enjoy the movies, the toys the books, don't over evaluate these great films just to hate something...

El Chuxter
02-04-2008, 01:34 PM
In fairness, if you're going to allow other people to play in your sandbox, you should either stick to what they add to the story, or you should give them stricter directions to begin with. Waiting an entire generation and then just retconning everything isn't an appropriate response. (Are you listening, Mr Quesada?)

Sinscia Fat'o
02-04-2008, 01:53 PM
To a certain degree you should, but if your vision of what the story is and should be is different from what someone else has stated in one line from a second tier character (Which Obi Wan was in the OT) then i don't see why he or anyone should follow something that small in any one direction. For the most part Lucas followed continuity of the other two directors.

Don't even get me started on Quesada...the reason i stopped reading everything Marvel! Now that is someone who should be persecuted for continuity.

El Chuxter
02-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Quesada was a great artist. Once. He's one hell of a crappy editor. It's off-subject, but a 10 year old kid should be able to pick up a Hulk comic and it be acceptable for him to read. A 30 year old should be able to pick up the same Hulk comic and be able to enjoy the story. Filling everything with explosions and laughable deus ex machinas to appeal to the teenyboppers is not a good long-term strategy. Sure, you'll have great numbers short-term. But the teenyboppers will grow out of it, and there won't be any kids to replace them.

Sad thing is, his stint as a crappy editor has so screwed him up as an artist that he can't hand in four passable Spider-Man issues in a year.

Anyway, my point is, if Lucas knew in 1980 what the story would be, he should've told Kershner that certain things were off-limits. If not, he should recognize that his entire audience has spent 20 years thinking that ESB was absolute canon, and work around it.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-04-2008, 03:18 PM
In fairness, if you're going to allow other people to play in your sandbox, you should either stick to what they add to the story, or you should give them stricter directions to begin with. Waiting an entire generation and then just retconning everything isn't an appropriate response. (Are you listening, Mr Quesada?)

Quesada was a great artist. Once. He's one hell of a crappy editor. It's off-subject, but a 10 year old kid should be able to pick up a Hulk comic and it be acceptable for him to read. A 30 year old should be able to pick up the same Hulk comic and be able to enjoy the story. Filling everything with explosions and laughable deus ex machinas to appeal to the teenyboppers is not a good long-term strategy. Sure, you'll have great numbers short-term. But the teenyboppers will grow out of it, and there won't be any kids to replace them.

Sad thing is, his stint as a crappy editor has so screwed him up as an artist that he can't hand in four passable Spider-Man issues in a year.

Anyway, my point is, if Lucas knew in 1980 what the story would be, he should've told Kershner that certain things were off-limits. If not, he should recognize that his entire audience has spent 20 years thinking that ESB was absolute canon, and work around it.

Continuity is a weird thing in alot of different series(anyone ever watched Highlander?)I've seen countless shows and movies that seem to skew away from something in a prequel/sequel. Star Trek is very guilty of several continuity flaws over the years in which Rick Berman pretty much took much of what Roddenberry built up with TOS, and begginings of TNG and just totaly warped alot of what the message was. Same with comics, and I think you've put it best Chux with your remarks towards Quesada, and keeping with a general audiance of all ages. It's one of the reasons I've been staying away from certain comics these days.

As far as the SW films, yes they should have gone back and looked over everything from the OT to make sure everything was in place. Some of it can be explained, some...no not so much. It is what it is now, and no amount of doctoring by Lucas can really explain cetain things away, and we'll probably be having this conversation until we're old.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Quesada was one of the best artists, and one of my favorite when i was a kid, his work on spiderman and daredevil was some of my favorite stories from comics as a kid...when he became Editor of marvel, i thought he would get them back on track, and in the begining he had some great ideas, but as time has showed us like you said alot of his ideas were short term projects. Hulk is a great example, I loved World War Hulk...at least the idea behind it, I loved Planet Hulk, as it was a great concept and story for the character, but that story arc was just that...There is nothing there that Hulk or even the marvel universe will feel for years to come, it was a short term project to boost sales of Hulk whose numbers had been lacking...will Marvel honor that story line ten years down the road, and the impact it had on the marvel universe? I wouldn't bet on it since marvel's time line is so out of whack right now (Since Onslaught actually...) that long time readers such as myself felt alienated from my favorite characters, and seen plots moving in a direction they of course did not take...which is what happened to Star Wars and the PT.

the problem with spiderman right now is they have done so many gimmick story arcs with him over the last six years (Since the movie) that that character can never get back on track again and be what he was in the silver age of comics (The 70's and early 80's Pre-Secret Wars) What they done to MJ, and the return of the black costume...The in again out again realtionship with Tony Stark...Then the mistake that was the Iron Spider...when spiderman became nothing more than Robin to Iron Man...I swore to never buy another issue of Marvel after that...and i was a loyal fan to Hulk, Daredevil and all the X-Titles (I have Uncanny X-Men from 95-until about a two years ago...) Which is why i gave my hard earned cash to DC and have not looked back since, but even they are starting to appeal more to the teen/comics are cool fan base, who only know what they know from cartoons and movies... So the state of comics is a bad and harsh topic, i could keep going on and on about what these companies have done to these universes.

Then we have Star Wars... I don't think George knew what the PT would become, i think he had an idea, and i think he knew the basics of the plot, but i don't think he had it fully explored it until the special eddition came out...which is when he began writing the script and begining the movies. And i would say that if Lucas had been at the helm of ESB the story would have been the same...(Though Kershner is and was light years ahead of George as a visual story teller) (Meaning Obi Wan would have had the same speech to Luke about Yoda being his master and ETC.)

What is sad for me is i would have fully agreed with everyone about this topic but i have had to deal with subject matter like this here lately which is why it's a touchy topic for me. When you let other people play in your world...and they screw things up or think they understand the story they of course will but their imprint on the universe and it's story lines...and the creator isn't always pleased with other people's interpretations of story lines. (Like you said El Chuxter you shouldn't let other people play in your sand box.)

Devil King
02-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Lucas was the writer and creator of episodes 1-4...Those are his movies, his creation, and part of his life i'm willing to bet.

Ahh yes the classic Obi Wan speech on Hoth...Lucas didn't write this...Why blame him? The director of ESB wrote this. Star Wars is Lucas's and when he went back to make the PT should be listen to what someone else wrote in another movie in the same universe as his new ones will be set in? No...

If you were the creator of Star Wars would you take every ounce of every other source directly into your heart when you created something new in YOUR galaxy? Or course not. It's not plauseable and doing that isn't apart of the creative process. SO i don't blame Lucas out right for not taking every line of dialogue into mind when he wrote the films...and Yoda did instruct Obi Wan Kenobi...He just wasn't his master...The Eu didn't muck that up...They cleared that up for people who take these for more than just movies...Just sayin...

Ahh the forshadowing of what Luke could become, and the fears of Owen...How is the PT not following this? This is a feeling/fear of two suporting characters...no plot line was or should be moved away from this, this line was made for us the viewer to understand there is more to Luke than him just being a farm boy...Lucas was teaseing us and using the Larr's family as his voice for him to say hey pay attention to Luke now...
It's called forshadowing.

Actually how do WE know Owen didn't feel this way? Did we get to know his opinions in ROTS? No we didn't, at least not in the movie...Actually this line clears up alot of the clouded realtionship that Anakin and Owen may have had in the gaps between movies espically before ROTS. In AOTC Owen and Anakin may have had time to grow closer, or at least get to know one another a little...how do we know Owen didn't want a little Jedi Brother? We don't, but your quote let's us the viewer know how Owen felt.

This one is the classic "Botch" though Leia is gifted in the force also quoted by Luke Skywalker in the movie...Who's to say she don't recall Padme through visions in the Force? Would that be so horriable? Actually it's a commonly used jedi power...according to EU sorces. who's to say Leia isn't recalling Bail's wife who may have died when she was young?

The problem with the star wars community is that WE think Star Wars was made for us...it wasn't. Lucas made this for himself because he had something to say, and something he wanted to see...if we loved it, great, if we hated it do you think Lucas lost/loses any sleep? creators of fiction rarely do what the community thinks they should or demand they should, if they create something, it's there's and they (Mostly) refuse to follow someone else's plot lines in their creation (Which i do not blame them for in the slightest.) Enjoy the movies, the toys the books, don't over evaluate these great films just to hate something...

See, it takes you 6 paragraphs to explain it.

That's poor movie making. And the job of a man who owns the sequels rights since ANH, executive producer and the guy who holds the purse strings, is clearly the go to man.

We've all seen him on the documentaries with his little 'APPROVED' stamp, going around and having final word on every detail. How many times have we heard people talk about his genius is in the details. Well, if that's genius writing and creative control, he had every chance to speak up before he gave final approval on these films. And GL DID write the ESB and ROTJ. The Empire Strikes Back was written by Lucas, Lawrence Kasdan and Leigh Brackett.

So, if it takes a fan 6 paragraphs to explain why these 6 movies don't line up, imagine how ridiculous it would seem to someone who was just a casul movie-goer.

mtriv73
02-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Can anybody tell if the rancor is a new sculpt or a repaint of the POTF release? (And is that one just a repainted vintage one? I never got the original.)

jedi master sal
02-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Can anybody tell if the rancor is a new sculpt or a repaint of the POTF release? (And is that one just a repainted vintage one? I never got the original.)

Resculpt. It has much more articulation, as well the new one has a slight pudge belly.

It is likely we will see this redecoed and released as the ROTJ Rancor down the road.

mtriv73
02-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks. I couldn't tell from the pictures.

ashaman88
02-25-2008, 05:44 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I guessed. If it's the wrong place...well, I did my best. Anway, I found this entire line available at a local Walmart this morning (Ogden, UT), though it was just one of each. I must say that Vader is very well done, though Rahm Kota is probably the sharpest of the bunch. Just my opinion, though.

Kidhuman
02-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Welcom shaman, tis is a good place for the post. Stick around and enjoy the forums.

aussietrooper20
02-25-2008, 08:05 PM
One good thing about this wave is that although there are 7 figures, there are a total of 9 figures, which are the 7 character figures, the variant female jedi figure posing with right arm up or left arm, and the stormtrooper comander.

DarkArtist
02-26-2008, 06:46 PM
just picked up the evolutions Force Unleashed set at TRU tonight, I gotta say I love the look of the character as a Sith Lord but just wish the various lightsaber hilts were detachable and not molded onto the figure's waist.

Jangu Fett
02-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Just wondering if anyone has seen any pics, of heard any news about the Rogue Shadow? Release date and such? I dying to see this made.

aussietrooper20
03-09-2008, 08:18 PM
I've just been to www.yakface.com (http://www.yakface.com) and saw the first to imaged figures, and one of them is vader, but there is a mistake done to him. his got a blue eye instead of a red sith eye cause now that his a sith lord, he has sith eyes.

also www.casefresh.com (http://www.casefresh.com) have got them for sale.

Kidhuman
03-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Tha Vader is a mistake figure.

aussietrooper20
03-10-2008, 04:24 AM
I wounder if there will be a Vader variant. that would make the 30th anniversary collection a total of 110 figures.