PDA

View Full Version : I hate people

Slicker
01-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Here I am just sittin' on the internet trying to relax, post a few things, and type to people on AIM and this dooshebag sits down right next to me with that fu**ing skype and starts talking probably as loud as he probably can. I'm sorry but that's about as rude as it gets. If you're gonna talk on that thing as least go into a corner or something and try and stay quiet. I found out this pr**k has a sister named Brittney (I'd probably do her) and his parents got tattoos!!! How hip of them!!! What a d*ck.

2-1B
01-28-2008, 10:23 PM
So then do his sister and have your revenge !!! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Kal-El
01-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Here I am just sittin' on the internet trying to relax, post a few things, and type to people on AIM and this dooshebag sits down right next to me with that fu**ing skype and starts talking probably as loud as he probably can. I'm sorry but that's about as rude as it gets. If you're gonna talk on that thing as least go into a corner or something and try and stay quiet. I found out this pr**k has a sister named Brittney (I'd probably do her) and his parents got tattoos!!! How hip of them!!! What a d*ck.

Let it out Slicker. The world is full of rude people like that. I get irritated when ppl stand and talk in the middle of a store aisle. I'm with Ceasar. You should go after his sister. :D

Slicker
01-28-2008, 10:31 PM
In hind sight I think his sister may be a bit underage since she has a "boo-boo" on her knee. Either that or she's just on her knees alot. *rimshot*

Now he's talking about personal finance and sounding like a totally ignorant d*ck. He has no clue what he's saying.

I've had this irritation with people wherein I just hate them for years now. Individually people are usually good but when you get them into a crowd I could care less if the whole lot of them just fell into a spikey pit.

Kidhuman
01-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Just tell him to STFU

2-1B
01-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Show him this thread.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-28-2008, 10:37 PM
They should have seperate areas for skype IMHO. Kinda like the different sections of a resturaunt. "Good evening sir, would you prefere skype or no skype?" Works for me anyway. :thumbsup:

Slicker
01-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Well, he just got off the phone with "daddy" and now he's talking with his mom. Apparently he comes from a broken home so he's punished enough.

BTW, he just got done with a book and now he knows how to analyze stocks!!!!:rolleyes:

Kidhuman
01-28-2008, 10:49 PM
I can analyze them and never read a book. It went up in price, I made money, it went down, I lost. Tard wasted money on a book.

jedi master sal
01-28-2008, 10:52 PM
I can analyze them and never read a book. It went up in price, I made money, it went down, I lost. Tard wasted money on a book.

Stocks 101, by KH.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-28-2008, 10:57 PM

The biggest thing to remeber in the analyzation process is the plus or minus, or the up or down arrow, depending on what you're reading/watching. I hold stock in UPS from when I use to work there, and don't remeber ever having to read a book to figure out which dirrection it was going.

TeeEye7
01-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Remember Slick:

"Front Toward Enemy"

Problem solved! :D

Jargo
01-29-2008, 07:49 AM
just shoot him and blame it on friendly fire.

CaptainSolo1138
01-29-2008, 07:49 AM
"Front Toward Enemy"
lol

My biggest peave is when people stand three abreast in an aisle or on the sidewalk and then say, "EXCUSE YOU!" when you try to sneak past.

DarthQuack
01-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Reminds me of the good ole days of being in computer labs in college...

DarthBrandon
01-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Well, he just got off the phone with "daddy" and now he's talking with his mom. Apparently he comes from a broken home so he's punished enough.

BTW, he just got done with a book and now he knows how to analyze stocks!!!!:rolleyes:

You need to tell his sister to change her name after you get your revenge of course (if old enough) & report him just in case he's waiting to go postal. Or you could just beat the snot out of him just for fun, like I would do & then get revenge on his sister.:Dlol

Slicker
01-29-2008, 11:19 AM
When I was leaving he was still on the phone with his mom and he was talking about how his Chief had sex with a girl in a hotel and got in trouble because he put "where she poops" and she didn't like it. How childish do you have to be? I'm quite sure his mom has done that so it's not like you've gotta mask it queer-bait.

Kidhuman
01-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Next time give him a rapid succession of head butts.

El Chuxter
01-29-2008, 02:32 PM
I hate people

Well, people hate you, so you're even.

2-1B
01-29-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm not one of those people. :thumbsup:

Slicker
01-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Well, people hate you, so you're even.I'm sorry I can't say the same for you, Chux. :love:

Bacta Beast
01-29-2008, 10:14 PM
I think you spelled douche wrong.

Bacta Beast
01-29-2008, 10:17 PM
What I don't understand is, why do we as a society, feel afraid to approach these idiots and confront them?!!
"Hey moron, you wanna speak up so I can hear more about personal life!!"

Jedi_Kal-El
01-29-2008, 10:34 PM
What I don't understand is, why do we as a society, feel afraid to approach these idiots and confront them?!!
"Hey moron, you wanna speak up so I can hear more about personal life!!"

Trust me. I speak my mind in public, at work, wherever morons roam. If someone goes into the 10 item only with more items that that, I'll stand there and count out loud how many items get scanned. I love to harrass ppl who irritate me.:D

Hey Slicker, I don't hate you dude. Where's the love Chux?

UKWildcat
01-29-2008, 11:09 PM
If someone goes into the 10 item only with more items that that, I'll stand there and count out loud how many items get scanned.

Sounds like a good scene for a movie... I could see Dane Cook doing that.

Rocketboy
01-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Sounds like a good scene for a movie... I could see Dane Cook doing that.I'm already annoyed.

CaptainSolo1138
01-30-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm already annoyed.I was trying to think of something along those same lines before I even saw your post and, even though I had yet to come up with something, I assure you that trumps it.

2-1B
01-30-2008, 12:12 AM
:love: Dane Cook is a Dreamboat. :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
01-30-2008, 12:14 AM
:love: Dane Cook is a Dreamboat. :thumbsup:
You dare sully Boston Jesus's good name by likening him to Dane Cook?

2-1B
01-30-2008, 12:20 AM
I think it's just spelled Jesus' but pronounced "Jesuses"

I always thought the possessive form of a word ending in "S" was a curious situation.

Look at last names for example, how many signs have I seen on people's houses spelled in that really goofy way (and we'll use celebrity attorney Mark Geragos as an example since he's a douche bag and more importantly since his last name ends in S) of:

The Geragos's

WTF ? Can that be right ?

It should either be

The Geragoses as in, the multiple quantity of people living there named Geragos.

OR

The Geragos' as in, the possessive form of that domicile belonging the the Geragos family.

CaptainSolo1138
01-30-2008, 12:26 AM
I think it's just spelled Jesus' but pronounced "Jesuses"
The creepy part is that I wrestled with how to best do that for a minute before I went with the safe route. Seriously, thanks for clearing that up.
:thumbsup:

2-1B
01-30-2008, 12:31 AM
I wasn't speaking with infallibility on that issue, I suppose I was posting it for discussion because I find it intriguing myself.

When I was a pupil in elementary school, I always thought it should be Jesus's (I went to Catholic School so we read it in the Bible all the time). I liked the consistency of using apostrophe S across the board as opposed to dropping the S when a word ends in S.

Ohhhh, that silly English language and its exceptions to "rules" :thumbsup:

So anyway, anybody post any naked pictures of their girlfriends lately ?

CaptainSolo1138
01-30-2008, 09:50 AM
So anyway, anybody post any naked pictures of their girlfriends lately ?Have you googled Gisele lately?

2-1B
01-30-2008, 06:51 PM
I googled the first syllable of Gisele...but not spelled the same. :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
That's still cloes enough to what I was getting at.

2-1B
01-30-2008, 09:24 PM
With regard to the Dreamboat though, the preferred term is "Holy Seed." :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
01-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Which gets even funnier when sung like Ronnie James Dio.

TeeEye7
02-16-2008, 04:11 PM
My turn to chime in on this thread:

I've just come home from running errands (Mrs. TI7's B-day is on Monday), and coming home, I'm almost involved in no less than four, count 'em four, traffic collisions in less than ten minutes because people have their collective heads up their collective @55es.

This must be "force field day" and I forgot to check the calendar. That's how people were driving. No regard for what was going on around them....just GO! Their force field would take care of them, and screw the carnage they almost caused. My first near-missed caused four other motorists to get creative due to a dill weed's inattention (read: lack of caring). Not a fun thing at 65-70 mph on the freeway, folks. The other three incidents were just as fun (the little honey on her c-phone driving the wrong way in my lane was especially a treat).

"People" suck. :whip:

Bel-Cam Jos
02-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Well, it's not necessarily people that I'll list (lists... :drool: ) here, but many do involve people's actions:

Bel-Cam's Top (Bottom?) Ten Things He Hates:
10. Leaf blowers
9. Unattended car alarms
8. Reckless freeway speeding
7. Energy drinks
6. Chewing gum
5. Littering
4. Basic selfishness
3. Cigarette smoke
2. Frivolous, stupid lawsuits
1. Cell phones :mad:

Mad Slanted Powers
03-01-2008, 02:45 AM
Well, it's not necessarily people that I'll list (lists... :drool: ) here, but many do involve people's actions:

Bel-Cam's Top (Bottom?) Ten Things He Hates:
10. Leaf blowers
9. Unattended car alarms
8. Reckless freeway speeding
7. Energy drinks
6. Chewing gum
5. Littering
4. Basic selfishness
3. Cigarette smoke
2. Frivolous, stupid lawsuits
1. Cell phones :mad:

People who don't return their shopping carts to the proper place would definitely be on my list.

Blue2th
03-01-2008, 04:46 AM
I hate people who don't like to be be confused with facts. They have already made up their feeble minds, and nothing you say can change it.

The fat-a** who is blocking the isle with their bodies and their shopping cart, and have no intention of moving when you come through (ramming speed!)
You try to be nice and say excuse me, they just look at you like it's your fault with no reply (rude)

Some days I think that someone or something needs to thin the herd.

Jargo
03-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm crushing your head. I'm crushing your puny little head you idiot monkey boy. I'm crushing you like an ant 'til you are nothing but a squish. Squish squish. You can't run from me 'cause I'm crushing your head...

decadentdave
03-04-2008, 03:56 PM
mola ram suga ram... mola ram suga ram...

Mad Slanted Powers
03-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Red rum. Red rum. RED RUM!

Slicker
03-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Stay on topic please. :thumbsup:

2-1B
03-08-2008, 05:50 PM
I hate it when people don't stay on topic. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-08-2008, 06:30 PM
And I hate it when people rub it in that people aren't on topic. :p

(c'mon, you had to know that was coming...)

Jedi_Kal-El
03-08-2008, 07:23 PM
I hate it that I knew that was coming.

Kidhuman
03-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I hate it that everyone went off topic and succumbed to peer pressure to get back on topic. :thumbsup:

decadentdave
03-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Stay on topic...

Stay on topic...

The mods... they've stopped!

2-1B
03-09-2008, 02:37 PM
You can't stop KH, you can only put up :thumbsup:two thumbs:thumbsup: and hope to keep him in check.

JetsAndHeels
03-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Earlier this morning I had to go to the DMV to get my driver's license renewed. Surprisingly the DMV experience was not that bad, as I only waited 20 minutes. It was the person seated behind me that made me think of this thread.
I will go on record here and say that I think the cell phone is probably one of the rudest innovations of all time. I hate having to hear people and their stupid conversations about nothing everywhere I go.
Well anyway the girl behind me is on her phone as we are all waiting for our number to be called. She gets on her phone and starts talking about a bunch of useless crap. Her friend has all the new movies now at home, mostly ones still in the movie theaters now. She owes her boyfriend's mother $300 for "da lite bill" and will pay her on Friday once "Jarid gitz payed".
This call goes on for a good 10-15 minutes as I have to listen to this girl talk in her fake ghetto accent about everything. I contemplated moving but in that small room it was inevitable I would hear her conversation.
Finally she hung up the phone because she "had to git her hairz fixed fur her photo." When I heard this I thought thank God.

I guess my point in this long rant is that I hate cell phones. They are so rude. I have one because I do not have a landline in my apartment, and I do not talk on it very much, but I swear alot of people out there cannot get these damn things off their ears. Stores, restaurants, movie theaters (another huge peeve of mine), driving, you name it, they are on those phones.
Honestly there are alot of times that I wished cell phones did not even exist.

Blue2th
03-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Yup, I hate that too.
What's also annoying is people who are talking out loud while they are walking or whatever, and you think they are saying something to you because you are in close proximity, but turns out they are talking into a Headset.

Until recently my phone had a cord attached to it.

JetsAndHeels
03-24-2008, 12:30 PM
What's also annoying is people who are talking out loud while they are walking or whatever, and you think they are saying something to you because you are in close proximity, but turns out they are talking into a Headset.

I agree completely.

Funny how most of my pet peeves involve cell phones. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
03-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Earlier this morning I had to go to the DMV to get my driver's license renewed. Surprisingly the DMV experience was not that bad, as I only waited 20 minutes. It was the person seated behind me that made me think of this thread.
I will go on record here and say that I think the cell phone is probably one of the rudest innovations of all time. I hate having to hear people and their stupid conversations about nothing everywhere I go.
Well anyway the girl behind me is on her phone as we are all waiting for our number to be called. She gets on her phone and starts talking about a bunch of useless crap. Her friend has all the new movies now at home, mostly ones still in the movie theaters now. She owes her boyfriend's mother $300 for "da lite bill" and will pay her on Friday once "Jarid gitz payed".
This call goes on for a good 10-15 minutes as I have to listen to this girl talk in her fake ghetto accent about everything. I contemplated moving but in that small room it was inevitable I would hear her conversation.
Finally she hung up the phone because she "had to git her hairz fixed fur her photo." When I heard this I thought thank God.

I guess my point in this long rant is that I hate cell phones. They are so rude. I have one because I do not have a landline in my apartment, and I do not talk on it very much, but I swear alot of people out there cannot get these damn things off their ears. Stores, restaurants, movie theaters (another huge peeve of mine), driving, you name it, they are on those phones.
Honestly there are alot of times that I wished cell phones did not even exist.

I can't TELL you HOW much I agree with you! I just turn mine off, pretend it doesn't exist. I don't like hearing people's conversations and I do NOT like people being able to find me wherever I am.

When I used to be a server at CPK, people would be talking on their phones when I would go to take their order...some would get off the phone quickly and apologize but others would keep talking or tell me to come back later and I would never go back! Idiots! Don't mess with people who serve your food!

JetsAndHeels
03-24-2008, 12:38 PM
When I used to be a server at CPK, people would be talking on their phones when I would go to take their order...some would get off the phone quickly and apologize but others would keep talking or tell me to come back later and I would never go back! Idiots! Don't mess with people who serve your food!

Oh yeah, when you work with the public that's another thing you must deal with....geez, does it ever end with these phones?
I can totally relate with your work example..I used to be an assistant manager at Gamestop before I became a teacher. Countless times I would have customers walk up to the register, hand me their purchases, and would be on the phone at the same time. Now, in that job (like yours taking food orders) you must ask certain questions and things while you are helping them. Well, how much actual response do you think I got while these people were yapping away about absolutely nothing? You are right, NONE!!
Then of course a week or two later they come in and want to know why they were not informed of a certain special or promotion. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
03-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Oh yeah, when you work with the public that's another thing you must deal with....geez, does it ever end with these phones?
I can totally relate with your work example..I used to be an assistant manager at Gamestop before I became a teacher. Countless times I would have customers walk up to the register, hand me their purchases, and would be on the phone at the same time. Now, in that job (like yours taking food orders) you must ask certain questions and things while you are helping them. Well, how much actual response do you think I got while these people were yapping away about absolutely nothing? You are right, NONE!!
Then of course a week or two later they come in and want to know why they were not informed of a certain special or promotion. :)

Do you ever have problems with your students and cell phones?

Thing about technology, it is a double-edged sword. It is awesome in all the sense of the word and at the same time, it contributes to bad behavior. For instance, instant gratification. Because you can push a mouse button and call up almost any type of information or press a button from BFE and talk to anyone in the world, people expect that now in every part of their lives. Most people don't understand the word "no" anymore! And if you don't give them what they want, when they want it, look out!

This is why I will NEVER work with the general public again. They can all go &*&$ themselves as far as I'm concerned! You forgot to ask for no onions, $&*% you, pick the damned things off. We don't have the particular item you are looking for, **** you, go find it somewhere else and while you're at it, call your best friend on your cell phone and tell them what a b***h I am :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
03-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Do you ever have problems with your students and cell phones?

Yes!! We have to take phones away if we see them or hear them during classes. There are at least 4 or 5 taken every week. If they get taken on a Friday, they get kept until Monday.

To add to your technology point, our school just recently got a grant to give each student a laptop tablet. These are the types that the screen rotates and then presses down like a book, then you use a stylus as a mouse. Very cool computers.
Well now that nearly 200 high school students have these, problems have naturally come along.
The very first day about 3 or 4 kids were busted for trying to access music and game sites. All the computers are filtered through the school's server, but most of these kids know how to bypass it anyway.
Last week I was having a talk with my principal and the tech guy called her and informed her a student was accessing porn during a class. Needless to say he was brought in immediately and his computer was taken.
They all signed acceptable use policies before they got these computers, so there is no excuse.
I enjoy having the computers (every teacher got one as well), but from day one I was skeptical because I knew it was too much freedom in the hands of teenagers. Some have used them well, others have abused the privilege.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-24-2008, 02:32 PM
I can totally relate with your work example..I used to be an assistant manager at Gamestop before I became a teacher.So you became a teacher hoping to avoid rudeness and cell phone abuse? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Ah... funny. :p

I have had to take phones from students during:
- tests
- writing essays
- reading novels in class
- the last couple of minutes of class because SHE HAD TO CHECK THE TIME BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO READ THE WALL CLOCK. :confused: Wha-?! Huh?!

I don't hate cell phones. I don't despise them. As Mr. Perry Cox once said, "I mega-loathe" them. :twisted:

JetsAndHeels
03-24-2008, 03:03 PM
So you became a teacher hoping to avoid rudeness and cell phone abuse? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Ah... funny. :p

Mr Jos, I did not say that.

Pay attention. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
03-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Mr Jos, I did not say that.

Pay attention. :)Will this be on the test? Do we have to take notes? Is there any extra credit?

JetsAndHeels
03-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Will this be on the test? Do we have to take notes? Is there any extra credit?

Haha, I have this one student in my civics class....everytime we have a test or quiz, he will write a ? by questions he does not know.
The thing that irritates me is that he does it for almost every other question...things we have covered over and over in class. That irks me, as do many things in life, school and non-school related.

Jargo
03-24-2008, 05:56 PM
people still thinking a cell phone is a status symbol annoys the *censored* out of me. recently I've been doing a fair bit of cross country train journeying and without fail on every train there are several small time business managers witering away about absolutely nothing but how in control they are of their single employee and how efficient they deem themselves to be by constantly phoning everyone they know to double, triple quadruple check a non existent arrangement or meeting. this of course is a staggered call because they constantly hit dead sots and lose signal. so the whole thing starts over once the signal is back.
Most people will just use silent text messaging but these *censored* few will act like it's 1987 and their cell phone is the latest thing and they are somehow gods. They also have the most annoying ring tones ever. set at full volume so everyone knows they're taking a call and they always shout down the phone.

for the benefit of everyone i have no ringtone on my cell phone. it just vibrates. in my front left jeans pocket. i ike it that way...

Mad Slanted Powers
03-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Yup, I hate that too.

Until recently my phone had a cord attached to it.Yes, today at Fred Meyer I passed in front of someone and I heard him say something. I turned around thinking that maybe he was trying to ask me something, but he was on a phone.

This is why I will NEVER work with the general public again. They can all go &*&$ themselves as far as I'm concerned! I never wanted to work with the public to begin with. I was lucky when I worked at Wal-Mart because I was in the cash office and was out of sight most of the time. I was dressed a little better than your average Wal-Mart employee (I didn't care about being called an associate - look at what the first three letters of that word are), so on at least one occasion, a customer (I'm not going to refer to them as "guests" either) thought I was a manager. Where I work now, I have to wear a tie. A couple times I've gone to Target or Wal-Mart after work and people thought I was a manager and I didn't even work there.

You forgot to ask for no onions, $&*% you, pick the damned things off.I worked with someone who was allergic to them, so I'm not sure picking them off was an option for her. I think there was one occasion where they gave her some onions after asking for no onions. Either that or they didn't think the entree came had onions, but it did. Of course, she probably had enough sense to get off the phone while ordering.

people still thinking a cell phone is a status symbol annoys the *censored* out of me. recently I've been doing a fair bit of cross country train journeying and without fail on every train there are several small time business managers witering away about absolutely nothing but how in control they are of their single employee and how efficient they deem themselves to be by constantly phoning everyone they know to double, triple quadruple check a non existent arrangement or meeting. this of course is a staggered call because they constantly hit dead sots and lose signal. so the whole thing starts over once the signal is back.
Most people will just use silent text messaging but these *censored* few will act like it's 1987 and their cell phone is the latest thing and they are somehow gods. They also have the most annoying ring tones ever. set at full volume so everyone knows they're taking a call and they always shout down the phone.

for the benefit of everyone i have no ringtone on my cell phone. it just vibrates. in my front left jeans pocket. i ike it that way...I just hate phones in general. Of course, when I was a kid, I probably wanted to talk on the phone, but mom was one who would say we didn't need to be on the phone all the time. Actually, when I was a kid, we had a party line, so if you were on there too long, you were tying up the line for the neighbors.

Sometimes I get these phone surveys, and they go on and on and I don't really have an answer for most of the questions because I don't have an opinion or haven't really made up my mind yet.

I don't have a cell phone, I don't even have a long distance plan. I just pay the basic service for a total bill of about $22 a month. So, when these phone companies call and offer all this stuff, it's not really a good deal for me because it's going to raise my bill no matter what.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-24-2008, 09:19 PM
I worked with someone who was allergic to them, so I'm not sure picking them off was an option for her. I think there was one occasion where they gave her some onions after asking for no onions. Either that or they didn't think the entree came had onions, but it did. Of course, she probably had enough sense to get off the phone while ordering.

First, MSP, this is in no way aimed at you! :) Just frustrations from an ex server who got the hell out because of how miserable it really is!

Second, this is how I feel about food allergies...and I'll forewarn, my view is not nice.

IF you have a known food allergy(ies) why...WHY on earth would you even go to a restaurant when you do not know exactly what is in the food? Here's an idea, stay home and cook, that way you know EXACTLY what's going into your food. Remember people, going to a restaurant is a luxury, NOT a necessity and not a right of human beings.

Listen, when I worked at CPK, I was a food server...repeat, food server, not an effing allergist/doctor/psychologist. You want to go out, you do it at your own risk! I am SO sick and tired of people putting blame on EVERYONE else but themselves. So and so put peanuts in my salad...guess what, I am human, I make mistakes so why willingly put your health and your life into the hands of a server?? And let's not forget, YOU are not the only table I had! Chances are, because this is how the restaurant business works, that I had about 6 or 7 other tables, 4 of which had been sat at the same time and something I did NOT ask to happen.

I'm sure Dr. Evazan knows exactly what I am talking about.

While serving is excellent money, it just isn't worth it for the reasons stated above and SO many others, all from the idiotic general population who seem to think they are all owed something! If you have never worked in a restaurant, you have NO idea how horrible people can be! It's worse than a regular retail store.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-24-2008, 09:39 PM
I can certainly understand those points. However, we were on a business trip so you don't have a lot of options. We tend to go to the Olive Garden a lot, so if she was in our group and we ate there, she'd have to try and find a meal with no onions. That would mean leave the onions off the salad (fine by me). I wouldn't expect the server to know the secret recipe to everything, but one could ask the cook what's in it, or ask if they could fix it without onions somehow.

Actually, if you want a not nice view, sometimes when I hear about these people who die from peanut allergies it makes me think, "What kind of person is that allergic to peanuts? Better to get them out of the gene pool so we don't have more peanut allergic people." Of course, I'm not wishing death on people, but maybe it's all part of that natural selection evolution thing.

I'm actually pretty patient when I'm in a restaurant. Sometimes on these business trips, the people I work with will start talking about how bad the service is and get all nitpicky about stuff. I might agree with them in some cases, but I'm not one to make a big deal about it.