PDA

View Full Version : Queensryche's Amazing Charity Effort - THIS is Progressive Rock!

Tycho
01-29-2008, 01:41 AM
On MySpace, I got the announcement from the band (concerning their charity event in Chicago) and I was just so proud that the guys were doing this.

I've heard they had 9 seats left at each band member's table. Even if those are the only seats:

9 x 5 x ($185) which is what I heard a ticket cost, is $8325 to The Food Bank fund -and you know they'd do more than that. So I'd guess we're talking at least $10,000 to help the needy.

Today was a great day to be proud to be a Queensryche fan!

I am seeing them next month in San Diego, and then Hollywood, and Anaheim (Disneyland - literally).

So here's a copy of what Queensryche posted to their friends on MySpace:

FROM QUEENSRYCHE

Want to be a part of a guaranteed meet and greet with the band in Chicago to help charity?

If so, buy tickets to our Queensryche Meet & Greet Charity Brunch!

Saturday, February 2nd ? 12 noon - Chicago
Ruth?s Chris Steakhouse Banquet Room

Every cent of the net proceeds from this charity brunch will be donated in full to a food bank ? Queensryche is collecting no profit on this brunch.

Seating is extremely limited and is going quickly! Everyone at the brunch will have time to spend with the band. We are selling:

9 Tickets at the Geoff Tate Table
9 Tickets at the Eddie Jackson Table
9 Tickets at the Michael Wilton Table
9 Tickets at the Scott Rockenfield Table
9 Tickets at the Mike Stone Table
55 Tickets at nearby dining tables

Each ticket includes a Queensryche memento & goodies.

Menu:

Scrambled Eggs
Bacon & Sausage
Smoked Salmon
Roasted Potatoes
House made Granola Served with Yogurt
Breakfast Pastries, Breads & Jams
Market Fruit
French Toast with Maple Syrup

Gourmet Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee and a selection of Teas

Click to Buy now!: https://www.queensryche.com/shop/

And while you're there - come check out our shows at the House of Blues on Feb. 1st and 2nd!

Click here to buy tickets: http://www.queensryche.com/tour/index.html

Can't wait to see you there!

-Queensryche

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

How cool is that. I'm not certain, but it sounds totally tax deductable, too. The restaurant would write off the food as a donation, Queensryche would collect our fan-donations, and turn in like $10,000 to the Food Bank, and wow!

I'm very impressed.

A progressive band being progressive. Who'd have thought? ;)

REALLY REALLY REALLY Proud to be a Queensryche fan!

DarthBrandon
01-29-2008, 10:02 AM
On MySpace, I got the announcement from the band (concerning their charity event in Chicago) and I was just so proud that the guys were doing this.

I've heard they had 9 seats left at each band member's table. Even if those are the only seats:

9 x 5 x ($185) which is what I heard a ticket cost, is $8325 to The Food Bank fund -and you know they'd do more than that. So I'd guess we're talking at least $10,000 to help the needy.

Today was a great day to be proud to be a Queensryche fan!

I am seeing them next month in San Diego, and then Hollywood, and Anaheim (Disneyland - literally).

So here's a copy of what Queensryche posted to their friends on MySpace:

FROM QUEENSRYCHE

Want to be a part of a guaranteed meet and greet with the band in Chicago to help charity?

If so, buy tickets to our Queensryche Meet & Greet Charity Brunch!

Saturday, February 2nd ? 12 noon - Chicago
Ruth?s Chris Steakhouse Banquet Room

Every cent of the net proceeds from this charity brunch will be donated in full to a food bank ? Queensryche is collecting no profit on this brunch.

Seating is extremely limited and is going quickly! Everyone at the brunch will have time to spend with the band. We are selling:

9 Tickets at the Geoff Tate Table
9 Tickets at the Eddie Jackson Table
9 Tickets at the Michael Wilton Table
9 Tickets at the Scott Rockenfield Table
9 Tickets at the Mike Stone Table
55 Tickets at nearby dining tables

Each ticket includes a Queensryche memento & goodies.

Menu:

Scrambled Eggs
Bacon & Sausage
Smoked Salmon
Roasted Potatoes
House made Granola Served with Yogurt
Breakfast Pastries, Breads & Jams
Market Fruit
French Toast with Maple Syrup

Gourmet Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee and a selection of Teas

Click to Buy now!: https://www.queensryche.com/shop/

And while you're there - come check out our shows at the House of Blues on Feb. 1st and 2nd!

Click here to buy tickets: http://www.queensryche.com/tour/index.html

Can't wait to see you there!

-Queensryche

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

How cool is that. I'm not certain, but it sounds totally tax deductable, too. The restaurant would write off the food as a donation, Queensryche would collect our fan-donations, and turn in like $10,000 to the Food Bank, and wow!

I'm very impressed.

A progressive band being progressive. Who'd have thought? ;)

REALLY REALLY REALLY Proud to be a Queensryche fan!

Queensryche is a really solid band & a class act to boot, I hope other more high profile bands take notice & do something like this as well. They (Queensryche) remind me a bit of the actor Brad Pitt & his charity project down in New Orleans. A little bit does go a long way & the more people of this stature step up to the plate, others will follow suit & turn it into a beautiful thing. It's not like the Red Cross or Fema is going to help out, we know what happens with the money given to them. It takes good people like the class act's above to set the stage for others to follow. I'm very impressed as well.