PDA

View Full Version : More Comic 2-Packs!

Battle Droid
01-29-2008, 12:50 PM
From, http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/TAC_2008_Rumor_Update_111911.asp

# Comic Packs
The popular Expanded Universe 2-packs series continues in 2008 with a number of characters, mostly from the Dark Horse Comics series. No photos of any of these sets have been revealed yet, but the spy reports keep on trickling in:
# Quinlan Vos & Master Tholme - from various issues of Star Wars: Republic, both characters should have their Jedi robes
# Wolf Sazen & Darth Nihl - from Star Wars: Legacy
# Alto Stratus & Nimbus Guard - from Star Wars: Republic
# Jodo Kast & Boba Fett - from Star Wars: Twin Engines of Destruction
# Finally, another pair of Marvel Comics sets are rumored to be in the works, in order to finish off the adaptation of A New Hope. Past rumors include Princess Leia & C-3PO and Han Solo & Jabba the Hut

Thank you Hasbro for Alto Stratus & Nimbus Guard!:D

El Chuxter
01-29-2008, 01:11 PM
That set sounds quite cool indeed.

Master Tholme will be welcome, but a second Quinlan already? I wish they'd cut back on the duplicate EU figures, as there is such a rich mine there.

Twin Engines sounds goofy. I will admit, though, that I'll probably get it for Jodo. Hopefully Boba will be in the bandages, and not just another Boba Fett figure.

I've not gotten any of the Marvel sets thus far, but would definitely snatch up Han & "Jabba the Hut." 'Cause that would be Mosep. I'd hope he either doesn't have the garish 1970s colors, or that they re-release him carded with a normal paint scheme shortly afterward.

TheRealDubya
01-29-2008, 01:19 PM
I've not gotten any of the Marvel sets thus far, but would definitely snatch up Han & "Jabba the Hut." 'Cause that would be Mosep. I'd hope he either doesn't have the garish 1970s colors, or that they re-release him carded with a normal paint scheme shortly afterward.

Yup, Mosep would be sweet. I'll take either version.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Wow great news there! None of them are alot surprises, as we kinda seen the natural progression of where the line was heading...and well this sets it rather in stone. Jodo Kast is a very welcomed character and my most antipated most certainly.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-29-2008, 03:11 PM
I can't really complain about any of those sets. Bring em on. No word on a release date?

Kidhuman
01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Interested in the Jodo Kast and the Jabba set. I too cant beleive Vos is getting a 2nd one already.

jedi master sal
01-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Here's what I'm getting of these.

X1Quinlan Vos & Master Tholme - from various issues of Star Wars: Republic, both characters should have their Jedi robes (AWESOME-Vos is one of my favorites!)
X1 Wolf Sazen & Darth Nihl - from Star Wars: Legacy (This is a SWEET sounding set.Both are cool looking characters. Nihl, just looks plain evil)
X5 Alto Stratus & Nimbus Guard - from Star Wars: Republic (Excellent, I like the Mandolorian-eqsue armor of the Nimbus Guards. I'll use some of the extra Alto's for customs and sell/trade the others.)
X1 MAYBE Jodo Kast & Boba Fett - from Star Wars: Twin Engines of Destruction (I'll have to see this set to decide if I want it or not.)

Finally, another pair of Marvel Comics sets are rumored to be in the works, in order to finish off the adaptation of A New Hope. Past rumors include Princess Leia & C-3PO and Han Solo & Jabba the Hut

Meh, if they are Marvel inspired packs I'll most likely pass on them.

Tycho
02-01-2008, 06:54 AM
These sound good. Actually I wanted Twin Engines of Destruction for the comic! That's good news while I'm actually less excited about more repaints in Mandalorian armor.

Quinlan and Tholme would be great!

jedi master sal
02-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Yup, Mosep would be sweet. I'll take either version.

For some reason when I see these, I think of the "Whos" in Whoville from the "Grinch that stole Christmas."

evenflow
02-01-2008, 12:44 PM
It seems too soon for another Vos.