PDA

View Full Version : TAC 2007-2008 transition variants

potf2x
01-29-2008, 06:36 PM
I would like to start a list of '07-'08 transition figs (ie TAC '07 figs w/o coins appearing in '08 waves). Here are the ones i have found so far:

- HawkBat Trooper w/o coin
- 7th Legion Trooper w/o coin
- Jango fett w/o coin
- Vanguard Trooper w/o coin
- Ewoks w/o coin
- Training Trooper w/o coin
- Anakin Skywalker w/o coin

Anyone find any other figs w/o coins???

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-29-2008, 08:03 PM
I found a whole ton of figures without coins, but it was between the years of 1997 and early 2007. :p

tagmac
01-30-2008, 01:21 PM
The only "Transition" variants I ever found were the orange carded Stormtrooper Luke, Jawa, Tusken Raider (w/closed fist), Momaw Nadon, and R5-D4 back in '96, when a store employee actually took out a case for me and two other people. Luckily I never opened them, because the more common green-carded ones came out, so I left the first five sealed and got them on green cards to open. Never did find Greedo, "Tatooine Stormtrooper," and Imperial Gunner on oranger cards, but no matter - still got them and the open-handed Tusken on green ones, although the Sandtrooper took some luck at the time.

Thunderbird
01-30-2008, 08:55 PM
I be on the look out for these. I did find wave 1 this last weekend and all the figures that you posted still had coins.

Veers
01-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Still have not found that wave around here yet.

amrcanpoet
01-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Not sure if this counts as a transition, but I found a Clone Wars (painted chest) Anakin w/o coin, labeled as #33.

On the back is the list of the 8 known Wave I TAC 2008 figures, so it's not necessarily a miscarded figure.

Pulled it out of a "Best of the Best" box at Wal-Mart in Los Angeles.

Oh, additionally, I found a 4-LOM figure in a tray that has a spot for a coin, but no coin. I checked the box over for tampering, and there's been no taping or gluing. It appears to have been sealed and shipped w/o coin. Anyone heard of this?

Sorry if that's a total noob question...I'm new to collecting.

potf2x
01-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Not sure if this counts as a transition, but I found a Clone Wars (painted chest) Anakin w/o coin, labeled as #33.

On the back is the list of the 8 known Wave I TAC 2008 figures, so it's not necessarily a miscarded figure.

Pulled it out of a "Best of the Best" box at Wal-Mart in Los Angeles.

Oh, additionally, I found a 4-LOM figure in a tray that has a spot for a coin, but no coin. I checked the box over for tampering, and there's been no taping or gluing. It appears to have been sealed and shipped w/o coin. Anyone heard of this?

Sorry if that's a total noob question...I'm new to collecting.

That's the Anakin i listed in intial post as not having a coin. Guess i should list their #'s to help eleviate confusion.

The 4-LOM you mention should have a coin if their is a spot for it...could be a packaging error. Got any pics?

amrcanpoet
01-31-2008, 09:15 PM
I can maybe post a pic tomorrow. There's definitely a spot for it, just no coin.

I've seen what it looks like when people try to take out the coins in the store, and there's definitely no tampering going on with this one. I almost passed it up, assuming it was messed with.

x13squadleader
02-07-2008, 06:57 PM
hey there tagmac i still have those if you need them.the greedo,gunner and tatooine stormtrooper on orange cards.

Thunderbird
02-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Here's the transition figures I just found.
#14 Biggs Darklighter (Rebel Pilot) Star Wars stand
#30 C-3PO w/ salacious ROTJ stand
#33 Anakin Skywalker EU stand
#45 Anakin Skywalker (spirit) ROTJ stand
#49 Clone Trooper (7th Legion) ROTS stand
#50 Clone Trooper (Hawkbat) ATOC stand
#55 Clonr Trooper (Training) EU stand
#57 Jango Fett ATOC stand

I also noticed the card backs are different. Some have wave 1 or 2 for 2008 cardbacks.

Kidhuman
02-25-2008, 09:29 PM
They are all up on HTS right now.

x13squadleader
03-26-2008, 05:54 PM
so how many are there? i have 11/but i see from everyone else's lists i am still missing 2.

Thunderbird
03-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Hasbro said they were only doing 15

#14 Biggs Darklighter (Rebel Pilot)
#30 C-3PO w/ salacious
#33 Anakin Skywalker
#43 Ewoks
#45 Anakin Skywalker (spirit)
#49 Clone Trooper (7th Legion)
#50 Clone Trooper (Hawkbat)
#51 R2-B1
#53 Rebel Vanguard Trooper
#55 Clonr Trooper (Training)
#56 Padme Amidala
#57 Jango Fett
#58 Voolvif Monn
#59 Destroyer Droid
#60 Rebel Trooper

All of these are out already. Let see if they put out some of the others.