PDA

View Full Version : Cool website.

jedi master sal
01-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Okay, this is a Dutch department store website. Sound exciting? No, however, if you go to the site, and wait for 15-20 seconds, you'll see something VERY cool. No it's NOT somebody popping out and scaring the carp out of you. I promise.

Just go check it out!

http://producten.hema.nl/

I thought this was very creative and fun. If more sites did this the net would be much more entertaining. It's stuff like this that would keep me coming back to a specific website.

-Sal

Kidhuman
01-30-2008, 10:15 AM
That was pretty funny. Did you notice the radio was called a Ghettoblaster?

darthvyn
01-30-2008, 10:23 AM
interesting... the real site is here:

http://hema.nl/

that's just a flash animation with a carbon-copy of the over-all site design. notice you can't actually click on any of the products/links.

it makes me wonder what kind of even that was produced for? do they celebrate april fool's day in the netherlands?

bigbarada
01-30-2008, 06:24 PM
I really dislike Flash websites and this is one of the reasons why. After two minutes of loading it tells me that there's something wrong with the Flash player and it has to abort download.

Give me HTML anyday.

So what happens when you click on the this site, aside from watching a little download icon slowing count up to 23% then crash my browser?

Jedi_Kal-El
01-30-2008, 06:32 PM
That was great, and just think somebody probably got paid good money to sit in a room and think that up. I'm really in the wrong line of work. :grin:

Jargo
01-30-2008, 06:37 PM
clever. if i was shopping and accidentally stumbled upon it it would put me off shopping though.

JediTricks
01-31-2008, 08:51 PM
I really dislike Flash websites and this is one of the reasons why. After two minutes of loading it tells me that there's something wrong with the Flash player and it has to abort download.

Give me HTML anyday.

So what happens when you click on the this site, aside from watching a little download icon slowing count up to 23% then crash my browser?
The items set off a chain reaction into each other which keeps going and going and going until it sets off confetti. It's pretty cute, and one of the better uses of flash out there. I suspect the issue is that you're a Mac user, it loaded and then played for me just fine.

jedi master sal
02-01-2008, 09:27 AM
The items set off a chain reaction into each other which keeps going and going and going until it sets off confetti. It's pretty cute, and one of the better uses of flash out there. I suspect the issue is that you're a Mac user, it loaded and then played for me just fine.

Nope, that's not the issue JT. I'm a MAC user and the one who posted this...

darthvyn
02-01-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm a MAC user...

same here. well, i'm ambi-computational, but i initially opened it on a mac.

JediTricks
02-01-2008, 04:05 PM
You Mac users make me sick! :p