PDA

View Full Version : Need info on ESB Scene

Deoxyribonucleic
01-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Can someone please point me to a reputable source that says indeed that the "whatever" Threepio encountered in the Cloud City room when he gets shot was a stormtrooper. I tend not to believe this because it doesn't even sound like one, sounds more like some kind of alien.

Thanks

Kidhuman
01-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Try finding scripts online. They might have it in there. Also, when 3PO gets turned back on, he says, Stormtrooeprs, here, I must tell the others.

JediTricks
01-30-2008, 05:51 PM
It does not say that in the script, only that it's a man's voice:

Threepio stops, watching the silver droid move away. Then
he hears the muffled beeping and whistling of an R2 unit
coming from within the room.

INTERIOR: CLOUD CITY -- ANTEROOM

Curious, Threepio enters the room.

THREEPIO: That sounds like an R2 unit in there. I wonder if...

Threepio walks through the doorway to the main room. He
looks in.

THREEPIO: Hello? How interesting. Oh, my.

MAN'S VOICE: (from within) Who are you?

THREEPIO: Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I...I didn't mean to intrude. No,
no, please don't get up. No!

A laser bolt to Threepio's chest sends him flying in twenty
directions. Smoldering mechanical arms and legs bounce off the
walls as the door whooshes closed behind him.
Until Lucas butchered the OT, I always liked the idea that it was Boba Fett who blasted him, it kinda sounds like Fett's original voice, and Stormtroopers can't hit the broad side of a barn in their first shot, nor would they likely recognize C-3PO from any other protocol droid. But yeah, 3PO does say there are stormtroopers, so he saw them.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-30-2008, 06:00 PM
I always liked the idea that it was Boba Fett who blasted him, it kinda sounds like Fett's original voice, and Stormtroopers can't hit the broad side of a barn in their first shot, nor would they likely recognize C-3PO from any other protocol droid. But yeah, 3PO does say there are stormtroopers, so he saw them.

This is what I always thought...the Boba Fett theory and I still lean toward that. Perhaps Stormtroopers were hanging out in that room, but that voice is not a stormtrooper sounding voice at all.

Thanks guys for the help :)

Anymore theories, thoughts or truths would be great to see.

stillakid
01-30-2008, 06:21 PM
I've always assumed that it was a Stormtrooper who blasted Threepio purely based on his dialogue once reactivated by Chewie.

THREEPIO

Stormtroopers here! I have to warn the others. Oh no, I've been shot!

That more than clearly shows that Threepio saw Stormtroopers just before he was deactivated (by the blaster) as he was "catching up" when Chewie plugged him back in. The voice isn't electronic as we've heard Troopers in the past, but because of what Threepio says, it is safe to assume that Threepio inadvertently ran into some Troopers who were lounging around with their helmets off (which explains the voice).

To me, it's clear that it was Stormtroopers that Threepio saw and it was the very same who blasted him.

Beast
01-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Maybe the Stormtrooper had his helmet off?

Which would account for the lack of the usual voice effect.

bigbarada
01-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Maybe the Stormtrooper had his helmet off?

Which would account for the lack of the usual voice effect.

That's what I've always thought.

2-1B
01-30-2008, 06:27 PM
They should have used Jango's voice to clear this all up.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-30-2008, 06:30 PM

The "Deuce" is not very proud of you right now :sleeping:

;)

I've heard of the 'helmet' off thing too but it still is not a voice that seems befitting an imperial officer :confused:

stillakid
01-30-2008, 06:52 PM
The "Deuce" is not very proud of you right now :sleeping:

;)

I've heard of the 'helmet' off thing too but it still is not a voice that seems befitting an imperial officer :confused:

It's not an officer. Just a random Trooper who is kicking back on his off-time. He had his helmet off, but enough armor on to let Threepio know that there were Stormtroopers on Bespin. That was the story info that he gave us (too late) when Chewie plugged him back in.

2-1B
01-30-2008, 06:59 PM
stillakid, maybe it was an Imperial Officer wearing his Stormtrooper outfit ? :thumbsup: (even though they really don't ;) )

Oxycotin, how cool would it be if The Deuce was the one in that room, if HE was the one who blasted Threeps ? :eek:

That would make for a great backstory, 2-1B worked for The Emperor in episode 3, was doing whatever off screen in 4, then in 5 he was planted by Vader himself in the Rebel Camp and they tracked him to Hoth. Not even Ozzel knew of the mole...then he stowed away on the Falcon after helping Vader Junior get healed from the Wampa attack and motherf***er started lighting things up on Bespin ! Screw Boba Fett, his "tracking" of Solo was merely a red herring !

He shows up again in 6 for the Rebel Briefing, hell I bet he's the one who ratted out those Bothans Mon Mothma was talkin' 'bout. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Kal-El
01-30-2008, 07:15 PM
This is what I always thought...the Boba Fett theory and I still lean toward that. Perhaps Stormtroopers were hanging out in that room, but that voice is not a stormtrooper sounding voice at all.

Give it a year or two. Maybe the next time Lucas doctors up the films for another DVD release, he'll throw a Stormie's voice in there.

Droid
01-30-2008, 08:18 PM

Jango's voice has never helped anything.

Neuroleptic
01-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Jango's voice has never helped anything.

Yep, I mean, we have action figures with Jango's face on em, and Boba is a clone of Jango, so by using Fett's voice, you STILL have to wonder if it's a stormtrooper or Fett.

CaptainSolo1138
01-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Give it a year or two. Maybe the next time Lucas doctors up the films for another DVD release, he'll throw a Stormie's voice in there.
Or he'll base a TV series*, cartoon* and video game* on it.

*Now with even more gratuitously included females!

Deoxyribonucleic
01-30-2008, 10:35 PM
besides all of us here saying what we think based off of that one line from threepio, does anyone have a reputable source, say from lucasfilm or anything that mentions anything about this scene that anyone knows of?

stillakid
01-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Yep, I mean, we have action figures with Jango's face on em, and Boba is a clone of Jango, so by using Fett's voice, you STILL have to wonder if it's a stormtrooper or Fett.

No, I don't have to wonder and neither should anyone else. If the voice was from Fett, then why would Threepio say the line, "Stormtroopers? Here?! Oh no, I've been shot!"

Slicker
01-30-2008, 11:15 PM
I've always wondered it myself. For the longest time I thought it was an ugnaught that said it but then I realized that they probably can't talk. I've always just figured that it was a stormie since then.

2-1B
01-31-2008, 12:41 AM
As a kid I thought it was an ugnaught too, in fact it still could be...just because he was shot by Stormies (which I believe he was), that doesn't mean a Stormie said it.

It doesn't sound like a stormie but I'm sure he was shot by one.

TeeEye7
01-31-2008, 12:58 AM

It was Boba Fett. And he shot 3PO from the grassy knoll. :eek:

2-1B
01-31-2008, 01:09 AM
Directed By Irvin KershnZapruder

El Chuxter
01-31-2008, 01:18 AM
It was Zorba. C-3PO interrupted his "quality time" with Toryyn Farr. He was mad, so he popped caps.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-31-2008, 01:22 AM
It was Zorba. C-3PO interrupted his "quality time" with Toryyn Farr. He was mad, so he popped caps.

You ****er, I was drinking when I read this and almost choked :mad:

bigbarada
01-31-2008, 02:00 AM
Maybe it was an Ugnaught holding up a photo of Stormtroopers.

CaptainSolo1138
01-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Maybe it was Lobot wearing a stormtrooper mask off the back of a box of "C-3PO's" cereal.

stillakid
01-31-2008, 08:57 AM
Maybe Threepio capped himself. Emotionally exhausted after a lifetime of being pushed around and turned off by arrogant humans, he saw a brief opportunity to wander from the bullies, grabbed a pistol off the wall, and popped himself in the chest.

Rocketboy
01-31-2008, 12:23 PM
It was Tag and Bink.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-31-2008, 05:36 PM
It was Boba Fett. And he shot 3PO from the grassy knoll. :eek:

Will the single Blaster Bolt theory be visited here?

Directed By Irvin KershnZapruder

Oliver Stone will most likely direct "3PO" the story of an Alliance Attorney who goes against the Galactic Empire in a vain attempt to prove it was a Government conspiracy.

You almost made Deoxy choke, Chux.

Maybe it was Lobot wearing a stormtrooper mask off the back of a box of "C-3PO's" cereal.

I had one of those masks. Heck, it could have been me in there and I just don't remember it.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-31-2008, 06:25 PM
I had one of those masks. Heck, it could have been me in there and I just don't remember it.

Stop smokin'/snortin' the Spice already and maybe you could have cleared up this whole mess already! :upset:

lol

CaptainSolo1138
01-31-2008, 08:46 PM
It was Deoxy. Threepio interupted her as she was peeing off of a Tibanna loading dock.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-31-2008, 09:03 PM
It was Deoxy. Threepio interupted her as she was peeing off of a Tibanna loading dock.

Mystery Solved! lol

2-1B
01-31-2008, 09:07 PM
I thought MSP bumped into Threepio when MSP stood up to turn around.

CaptainSolo1138
01-31-2008, 09:13 PM
No, that was MSP walking out before 3PO went into the room. "Et chuta" roughly translates to, "I call it the spin-o-rama."

Deoxyribonucleic
01-31-2008, 10:04 PM

Stupid droid ruined my stream and I lost the contest :mad:

Jedi_Kal-El
01-31-2008, 10:27 PM

So you literaly went for the gold, is what you're saying. :p

2-1B
01-31-2008, 11:17 PM

but you still won our respect.

CaptainSolo1138
01-31-2008, 11:25 PM
I dedicate this, my 3,000th post, to Deoxy's interrupted urine stream.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-31-2008, 11:45 PM
I dedicate this, my 3,000th post, to Deoxy's interrupted urine stream.

I'm honored, humbled, aroused :lipsrsealed:

omnithx
02-13-2008, 12:31 AM
It was Stormtrooper Corporal Drazin that shot Threepio. This is official lore, my lack of posts forbids me from posting the link. Try googling it to verify.

Slicker
02-13-2008, 04:07 AM
It was Stormtrooper Corporal Drazin that shot Threepio. This is official lore, my lack of posts forbids me from posting the link. Try googling it to verify.Here's the linky. (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Drazin)

And get this! He was also the same guy that shot R2 at the bunker in ROTJ!!! EU strikes again!!!

That'd be like having Audie Murphy capture Hitler and Mussolini barehanded.

Slicker
02-13-2008, 04:07 AM
It was Stormtrooper Corporal Drazin that shot Threepio. This is official lore, my lack of posts forbids me from posting the link. Try googling it to verify.Here's the linky. (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Drazin)

And get this! He was also the same guy that shot R2 at the bunker in ROTJ!!! EU strikes again!!!

Ox's lala

CaptainSolo1138
02-13-2008, 07:53 AM
I think only me, you and Dennis Miller would appreciate that.

Kidhuman
02-13-2008, 07:59 AM
I gave it a hardy laugh when read Solo.

Rocketboy
02-13-2008, 09:27 AM
That'd be like having Audie Murphy capture Hitler and Mussolini barehanded.It's spelled Eddie Murphy (duh).

CaptainSolo1138
02-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Imagining Audie Murphy on the mounted 50 cal. machine gun yelling, "Pull OVAH! Weeoooo Weeooo!" has made my day.

El Chuxter
02-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Wow.

More proof that fanboys and guys who design trading cards shouldn't be allowed to play in the sandbox.

CaptainSolo1138
02-13-2008, 03:31 PM
And I love that he's a member of the "Wakeelmui garrison". Jesus, man. Can they come up with ANYTHING that is not either a "homage" or a random spelling of something else?!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Imagining Audie Murphy on the mounted 50 cal. machine gun yelling, "Pull OVAH! Weeoooo Weeooo!" has made my day.

Wut is that? WUT IS THAT?!!! A conceled weapon? lol

And I love that he's a member of the "Wakeelmui garrison". Jesus, man. Can they come up with ANYTHING that is not either a "homage" or a random spelling of something else?!

They could if they had any originality left in them.

2-1B
02-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Plus I think Drazin was the same dude who shot R5-D4 on the Naboo Queen's ship in Phantom Menace.

And it really was R5-D4, he floated around in space til he landed on Tatooine and was rebuilt by the Jawas.

JediTricks
02-14-2008, 12:56 AM
And Drazin is really the guy who built the Darth Vader armor.

Stupid CCG!!! Decipher should be pushed off a cliff for the damage they've done to Star Wars, it's not even EU, it's sub-EU.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-14-2008, 01:45 AM

Stupid CCG!!! Decipher should be pushed off a cliff for the damage they've done to Star Wars, it's not even EU, it's sub-EU.

It's sub-atomic EU ;)

CaptainSolo1138
02-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Its atomic sub EU.

For whatever reason (call it being a naive SW fan in the days before the Prequels) I really liked the Decipher cards and their "stories" for the most part. Sure, they're kind of hokie and a lot on the silly side, but when the "Premiere" set came out EU wasn't half of what it is now, so the odd little bits about each person on their card were kind of cool to me.

El Chuxter
02-14-2008, 10:26 AM
I don't mind giving backstories. But carp like that is unforgiveable. It's actually worse than the "What's the Story" features.

Does every frigging being in the entire galaxy have to be a down-on-his-luck bounty hunter/smuggler with Jedi training who was Lando's aide on Cloud City until Asajj Ventress burned down his house and he was forced to join the Empire?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-14-2008, 04:44 PM
I don't mind giving backstories. But carp like that is unforgiveable. It's actually worse than the "What's the Story" features.

Does every frigging being in the entire galaxy have to be a down-on-his-luck bounty hunter/smuggler with Jedi training who was Lando's aide on Cloud City until Asajj Ventress burned down his house and he was forced to join the Empire?
Agreed. I want to write a "What's the Story" like this:

Jerry Smith was a regular guy. That's it. He didn't join the Empire, fight for the Rebellion, or defect from the Empire to fight for the Rebellion. He wasn't a Jedi or a bounty hunter and he never interacted with anyone from the Skywalker family. He liked donuts and was just in Mos Eisley that day because he felt like walking around.

El Chuxter
02-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Haven't I said that about ten times already, copycat? ;)

I think that makes us even for me unwittingly ripping off your "I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance" bit.

JediTricks
02-14-2008, 06:03 PM
John D. was a pilot under the callsign "Red 4" in the battle of Yavin, where he died. He was a nobody schmuck that was only a marginally capable pilot, but the Rebels needed all the fliers they could get, so they shoved his body in an orange costume and red helmet, and crammed the whole mess into an X-wing cockpit, sending him off to his doom. He smuggled nothing, killed nobody, wielded no Force powers, and was entirely uninteresting, but thanks to Decipher, he has a second life as a pilot named Lt. Naytaan (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Naytaan) whom they felt was far more deserving of a very skilled and exciting backstory as a flying ace despite this jerk being named in the film's credits something else, and him being the first in the battle to die.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-15-2008, 04:50 PM

I knew there was a reason I never got into that Decipher BS.

El Chuxter
02-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Drazin was also a Jedi, who went undercover in the Imperial Navy to escape Order 66. He's Aurra Sing's half-brother, as well.