PDA

View Full Version : We need a Zorba the Hutt figure

El Chuxter
01-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Given your recent forays into the Expanded Universe, Zorba the Hutt seems like a totally logical next step. A wealth of visual reference already exists for this character, most notably the painted cover of Zorba the Hutt's Revenge.

Though he debuted in a series of mediocre children's books that hold a dubious position in the canon, his existence as Jabba the Hutt's father has been confirmed in numerous other sources.

What makes this figure so great is that he could be kitbashed from the existing properly-scaled Jabba the Hutt with dais. Why, just take the existing properly-scaled Jabba and slap a braided beard--be it molded plastic or soft goods--onto him. Voila! Instant Zorba the Hutt.

And, he would cost very little to tool, since so much of him would be based on the existing properly-scaled Jabba th--

Wait, you say you don't have an existing properly-scaled Jabba the Hutt? Are you serious? I find that hard to believe. He's such an important character, and a favorite villain of kids and collectors alike. And you've been making Star Wars toys for thirteen years now?

This has to be a joke, right? Well, at least you'll be making a properly-scaled Jabba before such background characters as Pax Boknik, Neimoidian Warriors, Po Nudo, or Teemto Pagales. Right?

You'll at least get to making a properly-scaled Jabba before resculpting figures like Lobot, General Gree, Momaw Nadon, and Ceremonial Luke Skywalker?

Man, you had me going for a minute. I honestly believed for a second that we'd get bright yellow Y-Wings with mullet-wearing pilots before a properly-scaled Jabba the Hutt. Oh. Really? You're serious? For real-real, not for play-play?

Okay, I can only come to one conclusion. So, exactly how high up were you when your mother dropped you on your head as a newborn?

Dudes, you'd better get cracking on that properly-scaled Jabba the Hutt figure.

Because I'm not kidding when I say that only the slightest retooling could give us Zorba and Gardulla and Jiliac and all those other loveable Hutts.

We'd like those more than Rainbow Coalition Clonetroopers, Shadow Mon Mothma, Greedo with removable head to reveal Jango's face, or 256 Jedi Starfighters that represent the visual spectrum.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-31-2008, 04:11 PM
I want a new Jabba too, but the older ones aren't really out of scale at all. Compare him in the movies to the people who stand next to him and you'll see.

bigbarada
02-01-2008, 05:09 AM
I agree, the vintage figure is pretty much the right size compared to the action figures. The reason that he looked so gigantic in ROTJ had more to do with camera tricks than the size of the actual puppet. Without his tail, Jabba is actually smaller than Ephant Mon.

Regardless, we really do need a serious attempt at a ROTJ Jabba figure, the 1983 version is still the best one out there. The SE Jabba, Jabba Glob/Saga Ultra Jabba, and that "spitting" Jabba that came with the two-headed announcer were all horrible.

Why can't the big, slimy, vile gangster get any respect?

Jargo
02-03-2008, 10:34 AM
I'll take the ultra jabba over the vintage and se and glob jabba's. the tpm jabba isn't worth even adding to the list it's so hideous.

I would like a new jabba though. A S.A. one. don't really care about Zorba but Gardulla would be cool too.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-04-2008, 04:49 PM
I actually like the ultra Jabba, but a better more articulated one would be nice. Though that shadow Mon Mothma would be ultra sweet!!!!:D

El Chuxter
02-04-2008, 05:00 PM
The existing (non-vintage) Jabbas are out of scale. It's not so much a matter of height/length as it is of obesity. These are SlimFast Jabbas we've gotten so far.

Articulation is a must, too. IIRC, the Ultra Jabba is the Jabba Glob in ROTJ colors.

And the dais absolutely must be included with the next Jabba figure.

Then they can retool Gardulla and Zorba. Gardulla doesn't need too much, but Zorba should come with a pimp cane and hot pink Cadillac.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-04-2008, 06:20 PM
I actually like the ultra Jabba, but a better more articulated one would be nice. Though that shadow Mon Mothma would be ultra sweet!!!!:D

The existing (non-vintage) Jabbas are out of scale. It's not so much a matter of height/length as it is of obesity. These are SlimFast Jabbas we've gotten so far.

Articulation is a must, too. IIRC, the Ultra Jabba is the Jabba Glob in ROTJ colors.

And the dais absolutely must be included with the next Jabba figure.

Then they can retool Gardulla and Zorba. Gardulla doesn't need too much, but Zorba should come with a pimp cane and hot pink Cadillac.

Shadow Mon Mothma and Zorba crusin in a big pink Caddy? I'd take that in a Battle Pack, or a Pimp Pack if you will Chux.

Jargo
02-04-2008, 07:26 PM
tell me has there been a solid red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet clonetrooper yet? Now that would the rainbow coalition for real real.

not for play play. mmmm hmmmm.

Kidhuman
02-04-2008, 07:30 PM
I want a Zorba the Greek figure.

What, 8 posts and not one comment like this. You guys are slipping.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-04-2008, 07:56 PM
tell me has there been a solid red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet clonetrooper yet? Now that would the rainbow coalition for real real.

not for play play. mmmm hmmmm.

Give it time. I'm sure we'll see one for every style of Clone eventually. They're getting hard up as it is now.

I want a Zorba the Greek figure.

What, 8 posts and not one comment like this. You guys are slipping.

I'm gonna play ignorant on this one, still being kinda new and all.:thumbsup:

jedi master sal
02-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Here's one for Chux:
Zorba the Hutt Sentenced to 45 Years
http://www.holonetnews.com/48/regional/13321_5.html

-Sal

El Chuxter
02-06-2008, 02:18 PM
That's why they say it's hard out there for a pimp.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Wow Chux. They're hatin on you boy over there. Pimpin is hard. At least that what my buddie at work tells me. :D