PDA

View Full Version : 4 New Titaniums Confirmed!!!!

Jangu Fett
02-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Thats right a new Q&A has appeared over at RS, and asks about a number of ships that could be made as Titaniums. Hasbro has said to expect 4 on the list to appear this Fall, with another 2 to be released in 2009. The confirmed Titaniums are:

TIE Defender
V-19 Torrent Starfighter
Bespin Twin Pod Cloud Car
Rebel Transport

Rebelscum: I'm a big fan of the Titanium Series line and I'm wondering if a couple of major gaps will be filled anytime soon - the Rebel Transport, Rebel Medical Frigate, Cloud Car, Home One, and Death Star II are all prominentley featured but have yet to be done. What are the chances of seeing some of these this year? How about EU vehicles like the TIE-Defender, V-19 Torrent Starfighter, E-wing, Sith Starfighter?

Hasbro: Thanks for being such a big fan of the die-cast world that is Titanium. We love bringing them to you. These are some great suggestions, and you are in luck. Some of the ships on your list will be out this year (look for the Cloud Car, V-19 Torrent, TIE Defender and the Rebel Transport this Fall). Two on your list will also be rolled into the line in 2009. Stay tuned and keep an eye open.

Now I REALLY can't wait for Toy Fair.:thumbsup:

Jedi_Kal-El
02-01-2008, 10:24 PM
They'll make a Titanium Cloud Car, but they won't give us one for the 3 3/4" line? WTF!

Slicker
02-01-2008, 11:15 PM
They'll make a Titanium Cloud Car, but they won't give us one for the 3 3/4" line? WTF!If I'm not mistaken they lost the mold for the original 3 3/4" Cloud Car so I doubt we'll ever get one. They probably still have the mold from the Galoob Cloud Car so get ready for influx of these. Can you say "Shadow Cloud Car"? O yes.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-02-2008, 01:19 AM
Shadow Cloud Car complete with pilot that has a Jango face underneath. :p

Slicker
02-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Shadow Cloud Car complete with pilot that has a Jango face underneath. :pPlease don't give Hasbro any ideas as I'm sure they have people that look around at forums!!!!

decadentdave
02-02-2008, 03:10 AM
If I'm not mistaken they lost the mold for the original 3 3/4" Cloud Car so I doubt we'll ever get one. They probably still have the mold from the Galoob Cloud Car so get ready for influx of these. Can you say "Shadow Cloud Car"? O yes.

That is no damn excuse. They could always make a new one from scratch. We got the V-wing last year and if they can come up with a POS Sith Infiltrator then they can give us a Twin Pod Cloud Car. No more excuses Hasbro. You're not fooling anybody.

mtriv73
02-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Tie defender :love: waiting till fall :cry:

JediTricks
02-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Nice list of new stuff, glad to hear it.

The Cloud Car should have 1 viable repaint, that of the original concept art's blue version, that thing looked sweet.

As for the 3.75" figure line, they never got the Kenner mold, the original Kenner version is very easy to get on the aftermarket, and it's seen as having limited appeal, so it's kinda doomed. Keep in mind, the Titanium Series line is a totally different animal from the 3.75" line, TS has ships they'd never do for the figures like the Star Destroyer or Trade Federation Battleship, that's kinda the point of it.

Darth Duranium
02-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Wow, eh... an interesting mix. Our SSG Bothan spies are under strict orders to make the ultimate sacrifice at Toyfair this year and bring us lots of pretty pics of the rest of the new TS vehicles. It's a terrible price we'll have to pay... and they will be missed. Briefly, anyway.:thumbsup:

I'm well stoked about the Tie Defender (at last, one to join the AF version! unbe-freakin-lievable!) and V-19 Torrent... very nice indeed. Hasbro oughtta get, oh, about 72 repaints out of the V-19, I'd think.

Finally a Rebel Transport! Woot! The Rebels won't have to pack a lunch every day, anymore.

The proto-Cloud Car in blue sounds wicked... good idea. Glad there's no Fonzie Hotrod paintjob of it yet. It's welcome anyway, and it has an AF cousin, too.

Hasbro said we'll be getting 2 out of the following ships next year (and not this year):

Rebel Medical Frigate
Home One
Death Star II
E-wing
Sith Starfighter

Hmmmm... dammit, I want 'em all this year. Especially the E-Wing, if we're so lucky. Glad Curto asked Hasbro about the Rebel capital ships that we've been yapping about for a while.

There's still lots to do from the main AF line in Titanium scale... not that they correlate in any way whatsoever. But Hasbro's done a few AF designs in TS scale this year like the T-16, Skiff, Cloud Car, TIE Def, and Anakin's Podracer. And you can't stop a fool from dreaming...

Besides the Tie Defender and (possible) E-Wing, I wonder if they'll do:

Xizor's ship
Bongo
TF Landing Ship (mould exists)
Imperial Troop Shuttle
Flash Speeder (already done for Ep 1 in diecast)
Gian Speeder
MTT (mould exists)
Venator-class - This is a must-do!
Pod Racers (aside from Anakin and Seb's Ep 1 diecast)
Dash's Swoop
Rebel Escape Pod

Shaping up to be a good year in TS if they can chill on the repaints and retreads...

Jangu Fett
02-02-2008, 08:19 PM
As long as we see these, and the Outrider, THAT WAS PROMISED LAST YEAR, I'll be happy. If I see the Eclipse Star Destroyer, I'll flip.

As for the Venator-class, didn't we already get 2 of them???

Slicker
02-02-2008, 10:11 PM
As for the Venator-class, didn't we already get 2 of them???Yep we did. I'm pretty sure we got the one from the beginning of the movie (with the maroon) and the one from the end (all gray and more Star Destroyerish).

JediTricks
02-02-2008, 10:53 PM
The Outrider was promised 2 years ago. :( But it was promised at that time for 2008.

jedi master sal
02-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Nice list of new stuff, glad to hear it.

The Cloud Car should have 1 viable repaint, that of the original concept art's blue version, that thing looked sweet.

As for the 3.75" figure line, they never got the Kenner mold, the original Kenner version is very easy to get on the aftermarket, and it's seen as having limited appeal, so it's kinda doomed. Keep in mind, the Titanium Series line is a totally different animal from the 3.75" line, TS has ships they'd never do for the figures like the Star Destroyer or Trade Federation Battleship, that's kinda the point of it.

Got any pics or links to that Blue Cloud Car, JT?? I'm trying to jog my memory of it and can't recall it.

JediTricks
02-03-2008, 02:56 PM
http://starwars.com/databank/vehicle/twinpodcloudcar/img/bts_bg.jpg

Jangu Fett
02-03-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm guessing, we'll be seeing that in the last wave of 2008. Or the first wave of 2009.:yes:

sergiurusu
02-04-2008, 07:41 AM
TIE Defender? My favorite TIE fighter and my favorite ship from Action Fleet line. But not sure if I'll be interested in a tiny 3" Titanium one, it will look so ugly compared to the Action Fleet one...

Darth Duranium
02-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Ooops, yep... you boys are right...we've already got 2 Venator-class ships in TS (but not AF!)... I goofed.

I meant to say Republic/Imperial Assault Ship...that's a must-do in Titanium scale, imo. Already done in AF scale. Apologies to you f@#$%$#-ing nit-pickin' fellers. Hmmm.... nobody pointed out what AF was missing in TS scale.... gotcha lol

Actually, it was a test designed to provoke an emotional response. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Speaking of Blade Runner, did anyone else grab the mega DVD box set that came in a case with a spinner? Well, at least the North American versions did, anyway... some folks overseas got screwed. Outstanding to have an "official" BR spinner for the first time.

I've got my spinner on a stand next to my "Force Link" Zam Wesell's speeder (which was total rip-off of... er, homage to the spinner - pics from the net below). They're both roughly AF Battle Pack scale: a bit bigger than TS, smaller than regular AF.

Anyone else buy the Force Link Clip-On ships as Ep II Action Fleet surrogates? In some ways, they're better than the SW Transformer crap we're getting now, imo. But I got the TF Turbo Tank recently.. it's only ok, though.

Sergiurusu, I've gotta say that I think, in general, that the TS ships are often better detailed and designed than their AF counterparts were (though AF was great!) ...no need to have figures in cockpits and shooting missiles so they're often closer in design to the original models, imo.

Just check out the Tantive IV... maybe the best example... the TS one is loads better than the stubby fat AF one.

http://www.sicqnus.com/swafcl6.htm

http://www.rebelscum.com/sw06TSblockade.asp

Paintjobs are much more of an issue with TS, though.

I think that the TS TIE Defender will be great... maybe even an improvement on its AF cousin. Wonder about repaints.... "Shadow", "Baron Fel's", or "Emperor's Guard" versions next? Please, gawd no Fonzie or Hunt For Yoda...

JediTricks
02-07-2008, 08:33 PM
I got the Blade Runner box set, but still haven't opened it yet, my mom's a huge fan and wanted to check it out first so I left it with her.

I did indeed get the Zam & Anakin speeders you mentioned, they have magnets to set off sounds. They were on clearance, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered, Hasbro really doesn't have the vehicle touch in plastic at that scale.

Jangu Fett
02-28-2008, 04:43 PM
I just seen in Preview Magazine, some new Titaniums. Well sort or, rereleases of the Death Star, Sabulba's Pod Racer and the best looking 1 that I seen, a NEW "STAR" version of the Battlestar Galactica Basestar. Sorry, I don't have either the magazine of a camera to take any pics. The others shown in the pic, were all shown at TF. 181st TIE Intercepter, Gungan Sub, etc.

Blue2th
02-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Wow! I can't wait to see that Basestar.

Darth Duranium
02-28-2008, 11:54 PM
That's great news... it's a cool ship.

I'm surprised because (a few years ago in a Q & A) Hasbro specifically said they wouldn't be doing the new basestar at the Titanium "pricepoint", some years ago in a Q & A.

Maybe with the increasing "pricepoints", they now know it's worth their while...

Wonder if they'll ever do a Guardian or Classic Basestar...

Anyone got a pic of the new one yet?

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Yay, our pushing on the matter worked! Awesome.

matthewilw
02-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Maybe with the increasing "pricepoints", they now know it's worth their while...

Not for me it's not. Stores around here want $7 for titaniums now! Target still charges $5-something but seriously have not restocked them in almost 4 months. $7! I just can't get over that. As much as I like the titanium series, I find it very easy to pass on almost everything nowadays. Unless they put out something truly spectacular, I think I'm done with this line.