PDA

View Full Version : 3 changes to this year's TAC line

JediTricks
02-02-2008, 02:50 PM
I just posted this in the news:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1319

Pretty surprising stuff, I think. It seems like there's going to be a giant hole where Star Wars used to be this Summer. Kinda sucks. I wonder what the reasoning was for this changeup.

Glad they got that new hip articulation into Obi-Wan and Anakin, that turns them from figures I didn't want into figures I definitely want.

bigbarada
02-02-2008, 02:57 PM
So, how long are we going to have to wait before we start seeing any new OT figures? I guess this is our little taste of what it's going to feel like when the line finally gets cancelled.:(

I guess I picked a good time to fill in some of the holes in my vintage collection. Looks like I can start shopping around for that vintage Yak Face, because I guess I can afford him now with all the money I'm going to be saving this year.

JediTricks
02-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Hasbro's last word was the later part of the year's basic line will have new OT figs, and with this announcement there seems to be no plans to change that.

I just realized what's going to be this summer from the SW team, I guess they're sacrificing SW for the Indiana Jones line.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Hasbro's last word was the later part of the year's basic line will have new OT figs, and with this announcement there seems to be no plans to change that.

I just realized what's going to be this summer from the SW team, I guess they're sacrificing SW for the Indiana Jones line.

That means there's probably going to be a huge lag in the waves and they'll start to come out back to back like they did last summer/fall.:mad::mad::mad:

Battle Droid
02-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Good to hear, now maybe I can get caught up.

JediTricks
02-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Most likely. It's all about getting the holiday sales I guess.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Most likely. It's all about getting the holiday sales I guess.

Yeah, but the holidays is the worst time to look, because everyone's looking, even non-collectors.

I do miss having a second shif job though, because I could go out after work each night and check all the pallets for new stock. During the holiday season they usually put more out up until 2 weeks or so before Christmas.

Kidhuman
02-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Damn, tis is going to be just like last year. Most people didnt see the last 2 waves because of all the stuff coming out. HTS better help me out again.

figrin bran
02-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm only planning on getting less than half of the Indy figures so hopefully this works out for Hasbro.

I just don't like the precedent they set last year with SM3 and Transformers and hope it doesn't continue again next year. And it's not just basic SW figures that will probably be affected but Galactic Heroes and Titaniums.

Droid
02-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I'd like to ask them if they acknowledge that having no orginal trilogy basic figures through the fall gives a lot of us an opportunity to do something else with our money. And they better hope we come back.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I'd like to ask them if they acknowledge that having no orginal trilogy basic figures through the fall gives a lot of us an opportunity to do something else with our money. And they better hope we come back.

Hasbro seems to be trying to run off the hardcore fans. Just my opinion really but last year and so far this, were seeing and hearing about delays and no OT until fall. Balance is KEY to keep ppl coming back. I like the PT, and some of the EU, but I'm with you guys, and really want some OT.

For 09 Hasbro is planning on realeasing TPM and AOTC waves early on so, I think we're going to end up in the same spot we are right now, next Jan. with no new OT for a while

JediTricks
02-02-2008, 10:22 PM
The comic 2-packs are specifically for the hardcore fans, the new Evolutions sets are for the hardcore fans, if the rumors are true the $150 AT-TE and Millennium Falcon are for the hardcore fans. I don't love Hasbro or their tactics, but I can't see how that's reasonable to levy such a claim.

Slicker
02-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Good to hear, now maybe I can get caught up.I'm with you. I'll once again be out on cruise but I'll be able to save up money to get the beasts/vehicles/multi-packs that I wasn't able to get previously.

Hasbro seems to be trying to run off the hardcore fans. Just my opinion really but last year and so far this, were seeing and hearing about delays and no OT until fall. Balance is KEY to keep ppl coming back. I like the PT, and some of the EU, but I'm with you guys, and really want some OT. But isn't the PT and the EU what everyone votes for in every fan poll? I personally can't stand EU and I deal with the PT but they don't just put out all of this sh*tty stuff because they want to. Sadly people cry about all of this EU stuff...then they complain because you can't move individual fingers or for some other pathetic reason. Hasbro tries to make the fans happy but you can't please everyone all at once.

jedi master sal
02-02-2008, 10:37 PM
This delay is actually goign to help me out. Not only will I be able to save for the multiple
AT-TEs I want, but I'm getting Halo3 figures in the spring/summer. So it was going to be terribly tight on money for that time.

The delay will make it easier for me to collect. though admitedly like the rest of you, I'll be scrambling for whatever waves in the fall/winter as well. That is, unless the CW figs are animated style (not wv3 mind you but the actual subline for the new cartoon). In that case, I'll be saving a buttload of scratch, as I'm not collecting any animated style figures.

-Sal

Maradona
02-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Not only will Hasbro have Indy to focus on this summer, but they'll release figures for the Iron Man and Hulk films. Factor in their lines for the new Spiderman and Transformers animated shows and you can see how much of their focus will be outside the SW spectrum.

But all this will change if/when Clone Wars gets a theatrical release. I highly doubt corporate greed would pass up the opportunity that anything with Star Wars in the title gives. So while I would welcome the rest in the wallet that this hobby so seldom affords us, I don't think we'll get one.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-02-2008, 10:58 PM
The comic 2-packs are specifically for the hardcore fans, the new Evolutions sets are for the hardcore fans, if the rumors are true the $150 AT-TE and Millennium Falcon are for the hardcore fans. I don't love Hasbro or their tactics, but I can't see how that's reasonable to levy such a claim.

Good point JT. I'm not really trying to dog on Hasbro(well maybe I am). I'm not saying they're not putting out stuff that we all want, it just seems like all the delays and lack of balance are going to get frustrating, and I hope it doesn't become a habit.

This delay is actually goign to help me out. Not only will I be able to save for the multiple
AT-TEs I want, but I'm getting Halo3 figures in the spring/summer. So it was going to be terribly tight on money for that time.

The delay will make it easier for me to collect. though admitedly like the rest of you, I'll be scrambling for whatever waves in the fall/winter as well. That is, unless the CW figs are animated style (not wv3 mind you but the actual subline for the new cartoon). In that case, I'll be saving a buttload of scratch, as I'm not collecting any animated style figures.

-Sal

You bring up a good point as well Sal. The delay will help with some of my other areas of collecting, but like you I'll be running to get all the latest waves back to back. I think JT said that the CW figures weren't going to be in the animated style(You did say you heard that, didn't you JT?).

JediTricks
02-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to give Hasbro a barrel full of hatin' too, I just want to make sure it all sticks. :D

No animated style from Hasbro anymore, they said.

El Chuxter
02-03-2008, 12:52 AM
This looks like a good summer for everyone to save their tax refund checks.

Bosskman
02-03-2008, 06:36 AM
Fine with me. Less stuff to spend money on means more money to save.

AmanaMatt
02-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Ok, I want to be sure I understand this - we are getting three waves of figures - period? Or, are we just getting these three waves under the TAC banner?

I just assumed we would be getting new figures, just under whatever the 2008 banner would be?

I am confused!!!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Ok, I want to be sure I understand this - we are getting three waves of figures - period? Or, are we just getting these three waves under the TAC banner?

I just assumed we would be getting new figures, just under whatever the 2008 banner would be?

I am confused!!!

These 3 waves plus 1 more wave of Saga legends are suppose to be in TAC packaging before they switch over to CW for that series and I'm not sure how they're going to go for any of the OT stuff that comes out. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

bigbarada
02-03-2008, 02:17 PM
I think Hasbro is making a huuuuuge mistake by putting OT figures on the back burner. Maybe they're treating this like a movie year similar to how they did for the prequels, but that was when the movies were premiering in May not in the Fall. I guess they assumed that TFU would hold fans' interest until CW came out, but now that that's delayed it exposes a MAJOR hole in Hasbro's plans for 2008.

The TFU and CW lines should have run concurrently with the standard line (and Saga Legends does NOT count as the standard line), instead of replacing it.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Well this is mixed for me, as i planned on getting the Indy stuff, so at least my hobby won't be on the back burner like it was this summer. But on the other hand i think like the rest of you, by hasbro putting OT on the back burner to the fall, they could be making a big mistake...or they could be simply waiting to release alot of OT stuff at once...like when they give us the Falcon and two-three waves of OT figures to go with it...but at once..which will suck.

As for packaging, hasbro has said the OT stuff and EU stuff will be under the Star Wars Classic line for the Fall, while the PT/Clone Wars stuff will under the Clone Wars cartoon banner. (Though that was the last i read...) Things seem to change alot.

JediTricks
02-03-2008, 02:34 PM
We were getting 3 waves of TAC, now we are only getting 2 waves. Then Star Wars figures seem to go on hiatus until the fall, then we get a new line which replaces Saga Legends on the planograms and runs concurrently against the Clone Wars line, that new line will have all our OT figures and whatnot.

BTW, you guys are confused, they are not putting the OT on the back burner, they are putting ALL of Star Wars on the back burner until this fall.

As for packaging, hasbro has said the OT stuff and EU stuff will be under the Star Wars Classic line for the Fall, while the PT/Clone Wars stuff will under the Clone Wars cartoon banner. (Though that was the last i read...) Things seem to change alot.I hadn't read that anywhere, got a link? Last I heard from Hasbro, the Clone Wars line would replace TAC on the planograms, and the Star Wars Saga line - which will be all the non-Clone Wars stuff including prequels and EU - would replace the Saga Legends line.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-03-2008, 02:48 PM
We were getting 3 waves of TAC, now we are only getting 2 waves. Then Star Wars figures seem to go on hiatus until the fall, then we get a new line which replaces Saga Legends on the planograms and runs concurrently against the Clone Wars line, that new line will have all our OT figures and whatnot.

BTW, you guys are confused, they are not putting the OT on the back burner, they are putting ALL of Star Wars on the back burner until this fall.

I hadn't read that anywhere, got a link? Last I heard from Hasbro, the Clone Wars line would replace TAC on the planograms, and the Star Wars Saga line - which will be all the non-Clone Wars stuff including prequels and EU - would replace the Saga Legends line.

Yep here's the link to the Q and A session of 11/9/07 From Boba's Bounty i also pasted it below for easy reading.
http://www.bobasbounty.net/news.html

1. Besides Padme and Leia, there are a lot of other female characters in the Star Wars universe, but they don't seem to get much figure time...Any chance my daughter will be seeing some more female characters in plastic in the future?

Absolutely. There are some great female characters in the Star Wars line, both past (many Jedi come to mind) current, and future. In the short term, Bultar Swan will soon be out in two versions (comic packs and Evolution packs), and Deena Shan is a great new Rebel who has teamed up with Luke Skywalker in the Dark Horse comics (she has her own comic pack out soon). After that, we will have a couple more in our The Force Unleashed basic figure wave (Juno Eclipse and Maris Brood), and then some more interesting surprises for Fall 2008 in our "classics" line. Trust us - 2008 is going to be a great year for women in the Star Wars universe!

AmanaMatt
02-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks, everyone - we have never had 3-4 waves of figures in a whole year - ever! I am kinda shocked.

I agree with Big Barada, putting OT on the backburner is NOT GOOD!

Well, I guess I can afford the Sideshow PF Anakin this year after all.

So, what can Hasbro show at Toy Fair that has not been shown? A few vehicles?

JediTricks
02-03-2008, 03:15 PM
They'll likely show Clone Wars and the Fall '08 line of OT/PT figures. Toy Fair is meant to sell retailers for the whole year, not just the first half.

AmanaMatt
02-03-2008, 03:21 PM
True enough.....this is turning out to be a non year for fan's of Original Trilogy figures, though I am liking some of the EU/Prequel (namely Obi Wan in clone gear)!

bigbarada
02-03-2008, 03:28 PM

I knew that, I just don't care about the other stuff getting delayed.

pegger
02-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks, everyone - we have never had 3-4 waves of figures in a whole year - ever! I am kinda shocked.

So, what can Hasbro show at Toy Fair that has not been shown? A few vehicles?

The REST of the figures? They could shed light on this "Build A Figure" rumour, for example. I've got a feeling that the regular line will run through the summer, and the Clone Wars line will be added in the fall. I doubt that we are going to have a "Star wars" free summer.
There's also the battle pakcs, comic packs, etc...

AmanaMatt
02-04-2008, 09:11 PM
I am looking forward to the Clone Wars to watch, but am passing as a collector, so Summer will be kinda dead (for me)....I dig the animated style for a show, just not into figures that look like em!