PDA

View Full Version : Jumper

Jargo
02-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Hayden Christensen and Jamie Bell (king kong). anyone interested?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489099/

oh and can a mod knock the s off the end of the thread title please. slip of the thumb.

2-1B
02-03-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm going to go see it, I think it's worth a look. Michael Rooker is in it too, so he gets a thumbsup. :thumbsup:

H-Christ's last movie Awake turned out to be better than I thought it would. When is the Decameron movie coming out ? I think they changed the title 2 or 3 times...that can't be a good sign. I think it was released last year but it wasn't playing around here.

Rocketboy
02-03-2008, 11:17 PM
I'll see it.
After the movie was announced I happened to find the book it was based on, which despite being a teenager book, was pretty good.
It looks like they've both followed a lot of the book and changed it quite a bit.

2-1B
02-03-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm kinda hoping Alan Cumming will make a surprise cameo as Nightcrawler. :grin:

General_Grievous
02-04-2008, 11:32 AM
So Hayden and some chick from "The OC" are in this? Jeez, you won't find more wooden acting in a lumberyard. *rimshot*

TeeEye7
02-04-2008, 10:01 PM
So Hayden and some chick from "The OC" are in this? Jeez, you won't find more wooden acting in a lumberyard. *rimshot*

What a knotty thing to say, GG! *rimshot* ;)

2-1B
02-05-2008, 09:10 PM

You'll find some wood in my pants, too.

Rocketboy
02-05-2008, 09:11 PM
You'll find some wood in my pants, too.Sounds like you're into Hayden Christensen more than my wife.

2-1B
02-05-2008, 09:33 PM
You're wife is crushin' on Hayden, too ? :thumbsup:

With the Dreamboat heading into drydock for the offseason, I think Caps is lookin' for a new man-crush too...

Rocketboy
02-05-2008, 11:10 PM
You're wife is crushin' on Hayden, too ? :thumbsup:Heck yeah. She hates sci-fi, but is wants to see Jumper.

Jargo
02-06-2008, 08:48 AM
ya think Hayden is the next Keeeaaaaaanoooo Reeves? looks purty but has the talent of a shrimp.

OMG! I totally missed passing my 7,000th post! WOO!!!!!!!! go me.

General_Grievous
02-06-2008, 12:45 PM
ya think Hayden is the next Keeeaaaaaanoooo Reeves? looks purty but has the talent of a shrimp.
He was alright in "Shattered Glass", but that's about it. So he has one up on Keanu.

TeeEye7
02-07-2008, 12:10 AM
OMG! I totally missed passing my 7,000th post! WOO!!!!!!!! go me.

Congrats Emperor/Jargo/MR. DADDYPANTS!

Just think how many you'd have if the Old Forums hadn't crashed...

JediTricks
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
I am kinda intrigued by the concept of this film, even with Hayden - I think he could be a decent actor in the right vehicle (the role of Anakin Skywalker was not that vehicle) - but I'm weary of seeing Sam Jackson in these types of roles, he kinda overwhelms these things as writers and directors keep just making it the Sam Jackson role, and the idea of pairing Sam Jackson against Hayden Christensen again puts this one in the "probably not" category.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-19-2008, 04:00 PM
I'll share the first few lines of a review of Jumper from my local newspaper:

"How could a fantasy that sounds as cool as “Jumper” turn out to be so hopelessly annoying? I’m going to resist the easy and all-too-obvious two-word answer: Hayden Christensen."

Jargo
02-19-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm getting the distinct feeling the press don't like Hayden. perhaps a career in modelling awaits. "stand there, look attractive, don't blink."

2-1B
02-19-2008, 08:19 PM
I thought Hayden and Samuel did okay in this movie...but I've seen much better from both of them.

It was a pretty bad movie overall. WTF is up with Doug Liman? The guy has made some good movies but this thing is pretty disjointed without a lot of backstory. I was surprised by that.

And WTF was Diane Lane doing in this POS ? :confused:

BanthaPoodoo
02-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Yep, didnt see the Diane Lane thing coming at all. What she had like 4 lines the whole movie? Came in at about 1 hour, 23 minutes, so sort of a short film.

Samuel L is great in everything he does, so mad props to him.

I could have stared at Rachel Bilson the whole time if they would have let me. She is just fantastic to look at.

Story wise, they could have done a lot more, sort of a let down. I would say wait to rent it, good movie to kill an hour, but other than that... nah.

Did I mention how great Bilson looked in this?

Jargo
02-20-2008, 03:48 PM
wouldn't it be great though if you could jump around time. like fast forward through sleep and the mundane bits of life to the good bits. or go back and make something change. and it has adverse effects on the future go back and make sure it happens the right way.
Or just replay certain moments that were particularly enjoyable. I think you know what i'm saying there huh? huh? :lipsrsealed:

Slicker
02-21-2008, 01:51 AM
I saw this on Friday and thought it was okay. The ending sucked quite hard though. It was quite possibly the most anti-climactic ending I've ever seen.

And I totally agree with BanthPoodoo. Rachel Bilson is friggin' awesome. :love: I may now have to add her to a certain "who I wanna see nekkid" thread on another site.

JediTricks
02-21-2008, 04:23 PM
What was this sucktacular ending? Save me the $11 and dish.

2-1B
02-21-2008, 06:57 PM
SPOILERS below for JT....

Okay JT,
Hayden is a "Jumper" (duh) and Sam Jackson is a "something stupid called" (seriously, I don't remember what they were called, it's a dumb name that starts with a P that wasn't really explained. Palindromes or something like that. lol Anyway these anti-jumpers are similar to an order of monks or other such nonsense and their life's mission is to kill jumpers. However, I won't tell you why that is...because it was never explained to me either).

So, Sam Jackson is hunting Hayden who believes his mother "left" him when he was a child...the mother is played by Diane Lane for about 3 minutes in the movie and when Hayden and his girlfriend show up at her new house at the end of the movie, he realizes she "left" him and his dad (played by Michael Rooker, which is another "WTF is he doing in this movie?" moment) because she herself is one of those P-words. So, she birthed this abomination and now he showed up again on her doorstep. Rather than killing him where he stands, she tells him she will give him a head start and he leaves with his girlfriend, presumably before Diane Lane begins her hunt of him.

I guess she didn't want to kill a 5 year old child (that's when he had his first jump) so she left him and Michael Rooker. But now that he is an adult who loves his mother, she is capable of killing him. But she cares enough to give him a head start.

The movie ends withHayden and Girlfriend starting their journey while Diane Lane exits offscreen, which is where she spent most of the movie anyway.

End Spoilers, not that it matters since most people won't watch this flick anyway. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
02-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Rachel Bilson is friggin' awesome. :love: I may now have to add her to a certain "who I wanna see nekkid" thread on another site.

Check page 32, or posts on Jan. 26th. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
02-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Paladins, and thanks, that is REALLY stupid.

Slicker
02-23-2008, 02:28 AM
I just didn't like the fact that he let Sam Jackson live. The ENTIRE movie Hayden was on the brink of death at his hands and then he lets him live. MEH!

JediTricks
02-23-2008, 04:44 PM
My guess is either it's something from the book which didn't translate well, or the screenplay author had more stuff going on that got cut. Otherwise, it's just ridiculous. I suppose maybe the studio wanted that "to be continued" feeling so they could make this into a franchise - that's the studio buzzword lately, "franchise" - but that's just sad if they think they could get a franchise out of this.

El Chuxter
02-23-2008, 04:57 PM
They made a sequel to Short Circuit.

They shouldn't have, but they did anyway.

Jargo
02-23-2008, 05:30 PM
aren't 'they' remaking the short circuit original?

bad reviews. think i shall just have to 'aquire' this one for tv viewing rather than waste money at the cinema.

Slicker
02-24-2008, 12:45 AM
I suppose maybe the studio wanted that "to be continued" feeling so they could make this into a franchise - that's the studio buzzword lately, "franchise" - but that's just sad if they think they could get a franchise out of this.
That's the EXACT feeling I got and the people that I went with got. Almost as soon as it got done we all said "can't wait for the sequel..." :rolleyes:

JediTricks
02-24-2008, 11:13 PM
I hope when you all rolled your eyes at the same time, it made an audible noise.

Rocketboy
02-27-2008, 08:39 PM
I saw Jumper today. SPOILERS BELOW
I dug it. Not the best flick, but it was fun.
Many of the parts of the book they used were altered (how he met the girl), compressed (leaving for New York and creating his new life) or totally invented altogether (the other Jumper). Much of it was necessary for the story I guess.

I just didn't like the fact that he let Sam Jackson live. The ENTIRE movie Hayden was on the brink of death at his hands and then he lets him live. MEH!That was because Sam Jackson is too awesome to kill.
Besides, Anak...Hayden already helped kill Mace Win...Sam once.

My guess is either it's something from the book which didn't translate well, or the screenplay author had more stuff going on that got cut.Similar to The Bourne Identity the book was only translated here and there. It was mostly the basic concept.