PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars : The Clone Wars figure package revealed!

Battle Droid
02-04-2008, 08:59 PM
http://starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20080204.html

http://starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/img/20080204_1_bg.jpg

Jedi_Kal-El
02-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Interesting. At least they'll stand out on the pegs and shelves. I gotta say that they're not bad, but hardly my favorite packaging style for any figure line. Would have been nice too see what they look like with an actual figure attached, but oh well...gotta wait until TF.

Kidhuman
02-04-2008, 09:04 PM
I like it. Kind of neat looking.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Very cool. I like it.

And sorry Lucas, I'm not "breathlessly awaiting" the CW cartoon, but I am looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
I like it, something new, nice white, that top left corner hopefully won't get banged up too much :P

bigbarada
02-04-2008, 09:49 PM
I can already hear the MOC collectors complaining about that top left corner.

It's alright, but I thought we were done with the "bullet-shaped" Ep3 style cards.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, the return to the ROTS card shape and style is somewhat odd. I don't hate it like I did the TAC design when I first saw it (which ended up actually looking really great), but I will miss the individual cardbacks. I'd like to see how the figure fits in there.

I really hope the figures are realistic, though, and the card art kind of has me worried (though I doubt they would use movie pictures . . .).

figrin bran
02-04-2008, 10:14 PM
I, for one, wouldn't be disappointed at all if the figures are in an animated style.

The packaging itself I'm rather neutral on. As long as they tear open easily, they're fine by me.

Maradona
02-04-2008, 11:50 PM
I like the white coloring, but I fear a return to the concave bubbles that made ROTS and TSC so bothersome to stack. I hope this doesn't also mean the return of tape to the figure packaging.

Slicker
02-05-2008, 03:48 AM
I definitely like it! It's something different but it fits really nice. They should transition something like this over to the regular line. We kinda had it for the ROTS cards with Vaders head but this takes it a step further.

Neuroleptic
02-05-2008, 06:47 AM
I'm going to be a rebel and say, No sir, I just don't like it.

The antena is a bit odd looking, and I just don't like the bullet shaped package.

Not a problem since I'm a loose collector, but I plan to stop collecting soon due to lack of room.

jedi master sal
02-05-2008, 08:34 AM
I like it. Seeing "an army of clones" on the pegs will be neat for awhile.
I like others am a bit hesitant of the cartoon artwork on the card. That really leads me to believe the figures are going to be animated style.

ToyFare just can't get here soon enough...They BETTER answer that frickin' question. I've got a budget to plan for.

If they are animated style, I'm passing on the whole figure line, though I WILL get one figure for the cardback.

JEDIpartner
02-05-2008, 08:35 AM
I like it, but I'm skipping this line too.

Blue2th
02-05-2008, 10:38 AM
While it's pleasing to look at, I don't think I will be buying these as a MOMC collector, which I've done before.
They are too much like the ROTS cards, with a round bubble and odd shaped card. I remember trying to find good cards in the ROTS line was next to impossible. Then dealing with the tape thing, which I hated even more. I learned my lesson there. Very hard to store, and keep nice because of temperature effecting the tape. Even the Saga2 cards were this way, though easier to find good cards.

The TAC cards, though I didn't like them at first, at least the artwork was outstanding, and is what got me to buy them for the cards. Easy to store also. A winning design in the end. Hats off to Pilot for that one.

I will be buying the Clone Wars figures for loose display though.
Looks like alot of cards will get damaged with this design. Good for me in my quest to find the HTF ones.

Snowtrooper
02-05-2008, 01:26 PM
It looks alright. But its kind of plain when compared to TSC and TAC cardbacks. I guess its meant more for the kiddies than collectors.

I thought that Hasbro said they weren't going to make anymore cartoon style figures. Correct me if I'm wrong.

jedi master sal
02-05-2008, 02:49 PM
It looks alright. But its kind of plain when compared to TSC and TAC cardbacks. I guess its meant more for the kiddies than collectors.

I thought that Hasbro said they weren't going to make anymore cartoon style figures. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That is still to be hotly debated until Hasbro FINALLY comes clean and SHOWS the figures.

I think the overwhelming majority of SW collectors expects this to be resolved come ToyFare.

That, as well as, the AT-TE among other things.

pegger
02-05-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm more interested in the figures myself. Card backs are for the recycle box.

It depends how animated they are. I really liked the Clone Wars animated figs from a few years ago, and got the entire line. If they are slightly animated (like Roran Corobb) I'll get them...otherwise I'm going to pass too. There's just to many other expensive items coming out that I'd rather get.

Maradona
02-05-2008, 11:32 PM
If the new line is done in the animated style, I will probably buy just a MOC set and not army build them. It'll probably save me room, not that I have much left. Though Hasbro has stated they wouldn't be animated, they are coming out with animated Transformers and Spiderman lines. It would be no stretch to think they'd do the same for Star Wars.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-05-2008, 11:49 PM
While I open most of my figures now, I still don't like the curved packaging like the ROTS line. They don't stack well, and it makes it harder to store them. The Saga and OTC were my favorite packages in that regards. TAC is pretty good as well.

As for the rest of the design, I guess it looks okay, and I like the color.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Wow, that's really a cool idea! Those will probably look really good on the pegs!

:thumbsup:

And I'm being serious, even though I am skipping this line, I do like the packaging they are using for it...goes with the figure line very well.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-06-2008, 03:55 PM
While I open most of my figures now, I still don't like the curved packaging like the ROTS line. They don't stack well, and it makes it harder to store them. The Saga and OTC were my favorite packages in that regards. TAC is pretty good as well.

As for the rest of the design, I guess it looks okay, and I like the color.

I'm an opener for the most part too. I have very little MOC anymore that's why I don't care as much for the packaging as most would. I'll agree that they'll look cool on the pegs.

I'm more interested in the figures myself. Card backs are for the recycle box.

It depends how animated they are. I really liked the Clone Wars animated figs from a few years ago, and got the entire line. If they are slightly animated (like Roran Corobb) I'll get them...otherwise I'm going to pass too. There's just to many other expensive items coming out that I'd rather get.

Please, Please, no animated figures. Me wants them to be realistic.

timmae
02-08-2008, 09:26 PM
i like. always good to see the new packaging on the pegs. the older clone wars were white too, with a funky bubble. i liked the rots packaged bubble- so this, i like. i am passing on this line, unless they make something super cool i can not live without, definately will not buy into the clones or the main figs(hope they repackage snowbunny natalie-i'll get that one). one last thought, always good to see the background scenes on each card like the 06 saga and the 04 otc cards.:thumbsup: