PDA

View Full Version : New Wave For Fall?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Rebelscum has another list of rumored figures. Follow the link to see what may be coming.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Another_TAC_2008_Rumor_List_112107.asp

Sinscia Fat'o
02-05-2008, 02:20 PM
This list should make alot of OT lovers VERY happy.

Though the main character rehashes kinda suck. The Chewie being the only exception to the rule...When did Chewie wear leg wraps, or is this edited scene material?

DarthQuack
02-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Yarna? What is this April Fools Day? I'll believe it when I see it.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-05-2008, 02:24 PM
This list should make alot of OT lovers VERY happy.

Though the main character rehashes kinda suck. The Chewie being the only exception to the rule...When did Chewie wear leg wraps, or is this edited scene material?

When did Han and Luke wear head wraps? Unless it's in some literature I missed somewhere. :confused:

Ji'dai
02-05-2008, 02:32 PM
The Chewie being the only exception to the rule...When did Chewie wear leg wraps, or is this edited scene material? The Han, Luke, & Chewie figures could be from the sandstorm (http://starwars.yahoo.com/photos/rotj-sandstorm) scene cut from ROTJ. I might get them if the new look is different enough.

I already have a complete drum from the two Umpass-stay figures I bought. Still, I'll get Ak-Rev. Don't know who Bane Malor is. Some Batman villain I think.

Hopefully we'll get the Ewok 2-pack. I'll take Endor inhabitants over more Clones any day.

El Chuxter
02-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Han and Luke had head wraps in the sandstorm scene (http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/index.php?categoryid=11&p2_articleid=441) that was cut from ROTJ. I'm guessing that's where the Chewie comes from, too. Too bad there's not a Slave Leia with a cape and hat; that would be the coolest possible figure from that scene.

Vader with multiple-piece removeable helmet is the only Vader left to make that I'd definitely buy. Hasbro's said before it's impossible, but maybe they figured out a way.

The rest... Wow.

Yarna: I hope this is true. I can't tell you how much I hope this is true. They could make just her, and not another OT figure all year, and I'd be pleased with 2008.

Bane Malar: Definitely one of the coolest denizens of Jabba's Palace. Doallyn looks similar, so maybe the early rumors of him were a mixup?

Ak-Rev... and the other half of the drum! Awesomeness!!

Leektar and Nippet: Freaking sweet. Two of the best Ewok designs we've not seen so far. Packing a warrior with an unrelated Wokling is a bit of a weird idea, but I'm not about to complain.

Edit: You posted a link to the sandstorm scene, too! Ah, if only your post were there when I started, I wouldn't have had to look it up. :) BTW, here's pics of and info about Bane Malar (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bane_Malar), Leektar (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Leektar), and Nippet (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nippet).

bigbarada
02-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Here's Bane Malar (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bane_Malar). Definitely one cool looking dude. :thumbsup:

I hope Hasbro takes this opportunity to give us a proper SA Jabba's Palace Han Solo and doesn't just stick soft-goods wraps on the TSC Han Carbonite. Same goes with the Luke figure.

I don't know how to take the Yarna news, if it's true, then I already know what the one figure I'm looking forward to most for 2008 is. Until I see some prototypes, however, I'm not buying it.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Ok, now my memory is running again. I forgot about the sandstorm.

Again I agree with you Chux. The Leia would be a great addition, and possibly, Lando too just to round out the scene.

The rest of the wave sound great as well. Don't really need another Vader, but I'll jump at a 2-piece helmet version.

Yarna...Hells yeah:thumbsup:

Ewoks, can never have enough.

Ak-Rev and Bane, Yeah Baby!!!!

I hope this rumor turns out to be true. Hope we see these at Toy Fair, but I'm guessing Comic Con would be more likely since these are slated for later in the year.

El Chuxter
02-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't know how to take the Yarna news, if it's true, then I already know what the one figure I'm looking forward to most for 2008 is. Until I see some prototypes, however, I'm not buying it.
Yeah, she has been mistakenly rumored quite a few times now, right? Once again, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If it's true, she'd better be spectacular, since Hasbro waited three (?) years after their April Fool's joke to produce her.

Droid
02-05-2008, 03:12 PM
If they make Yarna I won't complain about the other figures made or not made this year. Period.

But I also won't believe it until I see the figure prototype.

And why do we have to wait until FALL for a basic original trilogy figure?

And I am concerned that they will pull a Jerjerrod or Dannik Jeriko with Yarna, make a terrible figure, and people won't buy it and say, "See, I told you Yarna wouldn't sell." Please just let it be a good sculpt in a neutral pose.

As for Luke, Han, and Chewie. After ten years I don't recall anyone proposing figures from the sandstorm scene, that no one has ever even seen. Very odd choices, but a unique idea. I would have thought Han, Luke, and Chewie from the Ewok spits would have made more sense.

I'd rather have Doallyn than Bane, but I'll take any Jabba's palace character.

Why wouldn't the baby Ewok be with its mother?

I'll buy all of these figures.

General_Grievous
02-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Well, considering The Scum has been accurate about the other waves, I'd say this one is probably true. Which means...

YARNA! YARNA! YARNA!!!!!

And with more Ewoks, Ak-Rev, Bane Malar, Vader with three-pice helmet, and sandstorm figures, this mght be the first wave since '05 that I get all of the figures of.

bigbarada
02-05-2008, 04:11 PM
The big question about Vader is, who's face is going to be under that helmet?

They should just throw everyone a curve ball and put David Prowse's likeness under there.:D

Jedi_Kal-El
02-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Here's Bane Malar (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bane_Malar). Definitely one cool looking dude. :thumbsup:

I hope Hasbro takes this opportunity to give us a proper SA Jabba's Palace Han Solo and doesn't just stick soft-goods wraps on the TSC Han Carbonite. Same goes with the Luke figure.

I can already see a TSC Han and a Saga or TAC Luke with just soft goods over their heads, and painted like Sandtroopers. The Chewie will probably be the same one they packed in TSC since they like that mold, though I myself would go for the VOTC version painted like a Sandtrooper. I'll make more judgements when I see photos I guess.

Yarna should be done just once with a great sculpt and articulation. Knowing how wanted she's been, I hope Hasbro delivers on her.

Edit: That would kick serious butt BB with the Prowse face under the Vader helmet.:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll remain cautiously optimistic about this. As GG said, they've been right so far this year (and the past few years, for that matter), but who knows.

Darth Vader - I bet it'll be the Evolutions one with the new helmet. I hope they also retooled the hand so it can be removable at the accurate point.
Sandstorm figures - likely just reissues with new stuff on them. Very weird choices, so hopefully they don't suck.
Ewoks - these look cool; any new Ewoks will be great, especially if one's a wokling.
Ak-Rev - thankfully they're not waiting too long after Umpass-Stay.
Yarna - I really, really hope so, but don't want to get too excited too early. If they made her the same year as the AT-TE, that would be freaking insanely awesome.
Bane Malar - I don't recognize him and would rather have Doallyn, but he looks pretty cool.

DarkArtist
02-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm not really liking this wave, it sort f reminds of the 3 wave of Saga 2 (repacks with some accessories)

Yarna might be cool, but I still can't believe Hasbro will make her.
Ewoks are always cool
Vader with multi-piece helmet - Ok if it's done right
Luke and Han Meh, will wait and see. I will say this if they do make these 2 figures then we should also get Leia and Lando as well.

Makes me wonder if Lucas is going to now re-release ROTJ with the lost footage of the Sandstorm scene

Kidhuman
02-05-2008, 06:19 PM
As stated, if true a great wave. I will believe it when I see it from Hasbro.

evenflow
02-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Yarna has been my #1 most wanted figure for probably at least 15 years now. I hope it turns out to be true.

Jargo
02-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Darth Vader (Multi-Piece Helmet)
Han Solo (Desert Headscarf)
Luke Skywalker (Desert Headscarf)
Chewbacca (Desert Leg Wraps)
Ewok 2-pack (Leektar & Nippet)
Ak-Rev with Jabba's Band THUNDER Drum
Yarna d'al Gargan
Bane Malor

Blue2th
02-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Makes me wonder if Lucas is going to now re-release ROTJ with the lost footage of the Sandstorm scene

That would be cool!
I wish he would do that for "A New Hope" also. And any other deleted scenes.
This is the first time I've ever seen the "Sandstorm" cuts. Man where have I been? Is there any more deleted scene shots?

We did get the deleted scene Biggs in academy outfit, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility we get the Sandstorm figures.

jedi master sal
02-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Darth Vader (Multi-Piece Helmet): Maybe, but I can definitely wait on this one.
Han Solo (Desert Headscarf): Cut scene...again, I'll wait on it, not in a rush
Luke Skywalker (Desert Headscarf): See entry for Han
Chewbacca (Desert Leg Wraps): See entry for Luke
Ewok 2-pack (Leektar & Nippet): Hell's yeah. But why not the Ewok mom? This would have made a cute little MOTHER'S day set... missed opportunity.
Ak-Rev with Jabba's Band THUNDER Drum: For sure. I'll get two again like I did Umpass Stay.
Yarna d'al Gargan: Hell yeah again. It's about time.
Bane Malor: Meh, I'll wait on this one too.

So it looks like I WON'T be buying a case for this wave. No army builders which is good for me. as well, not too much for custom fodder for my needs. I'll prolly get dupes on the Ewoks and Bane, besides the drum, but that's it. Cheap wave for me and I'm happy about that.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-05-2008, 11:06 PM
This is a cool wave and I think they all have the potential to be great. Maybe now everyone will get the correct ROTJ Jabba's palace Luke they've been wanting.

Jargo
02-06-2008, 07:42 AM
actually, I changed my mind. If this brand new Millenium Falcon comes about it might be worth getting the sandstorm figures. but only if they did Lando and Leia as well.

I love Ewoks, just hate the way they aren't all of the same quality. next Ewok 2-pack has to be Logray and Wicket. the POTF2 sculpts let the team down.

Vader i have zero interest in. not just this vader but any vader. any sculpt any version. I never want to see another vader again. He's as threatening as a child with a wet towel and boring.

Bane Malar/lor i need proof that he's in the movie. only evidence I've ever seen is a CCG image. and anecdotal musings. do they mean Bane Malar/or or Sgt. Doallyn? often confused.

Yarna and Ak Rev would be uber sweet if true.

JEDIpartner
02-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Darth Vader (Multi-Piece Helmet) [*shrug* possibly interested]
Han Solo (Desert Headscarf) [not interested]
Luke Skywalker (Desert Headscarf) [not interested]
Chewbacca (Desert Leg Wraps) [not interested]
Ewok 2-pack (Leektar & Nippet) [Sure, why not? I'll get 'em]
Ak-Rev with Jabba's Band Drum [Absolutely]
Yarna d'al Gargan [Holy crap YES!!!!!!]
Bane Malor [possibly interested]

Maybe now everyone will get the correct ROTJ Jabba's palace Luke they've been wanting.

But do you think that Hasbro will be able to resist painting "sand" all over the trousers and other parts of this figure? I don't trust them to not do that.

Kidhuman
02-06-2008, 08:50 AM
I never heard of Bane Malor until now. I think they mean Sgt. Doallyn

Cane_Adiss
02-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Wow. I'm really looking forward to this wave if it turns out to be reality.

Yarna ~ Can't say how much I'm looking forward to her after all these years. I honestly never thought we'd be getting her this year, and I thought she'd turn out to be an exclusive.

Bane Malar ~ It would make more sense if it was Sgt. Doallyn, as he has an EU tie to Yarna. But Bane is just as cool!

Ak-Rev ~ I was expecting this so it's not really a suprise. Looking forward to ths one as well!

Luke, Han, Chewie ~ will be interesting to see how these are done, but I have my favorite versions of the core characters already.

Darth Vader ~ don't really need another Vader, but it makes sense that Hasbro will cram as many Vaders into the line as they can this year.

Ewoks ~ not really familiar with the individual Ewok names but I'm looking forward to these as well. The ones last year were nearly flawless so these will be just as good I'm sure!

Now I'm still waiting for a Cane Adiss, BG-J38, Wooof, Yoxgit, Jess and Laudica. Heres hopin for next year!

jedi master sal
02-06-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm still waiting on Jaxxon the mighty green rabbit!!

Tycho
02-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I don't think I'm interested in the cut-scene sandstorm figures unless someone can recollect some EU scene I can use them for that might look interesting. (OK, technically cut scenes are EU, but what I meant is some other comic or novel where they wore sandstorm protection).

I might actually be sold on another Vader. "Nooooooooooooooooo!"

I'll buy Yarna. I said it before. I don't object to the figure. I'm just not dying for her like some of you.

Ak-Rev... and the other half of the drum! I'll take it. I only bought 1 Umpass Stay. I planned on them doing this.

Leektar and Nippet: EWOKS!!! Coolness. Now we get a warrior and a wokling? Why not the wokling's mother? And where is Lumat and Warrock, let alone a better (carded) sculpt of Paploo (who was played by Kenny R2D2 Baker).

Bane Malar is freaking cool! I'll have to buy extras of him to put in other scenes for "population." That'll be a nice figure for:

Coruscant's streets
Mos Espa's streets
Jabba's of course

Yeah. It looks like I'll buy at least 3 of him.

Tycho
02-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Jargo, I totally forgot about the new Millennium Falcon potential for the sandstorm figures.

I could have the most characters by the ship that way (although Luke takes off with R2 in his X-wing at some point).

SANDSTORM:

Luke
R2
C-3PO
Han
Chewie
Leia
Lando

ANH DEATH STAR APPROACH:

Luke
R2
C-3PO
Han
Chewie
Obi-Wan

ANH DEATH STAR ESCAPE:

Luke
R2
C-3PO
Han
Chewie
Leia

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HOTH ESCAPE:

C-3PO
Han
Chewie
Leia

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK BESPIN ESCAPE (repeat for Shadows of the Empire):

Luke
R2
C-3PO
Lando
Chewie
Leia

RETURN OF THE JEDI ENDOR ATTACK:

Lando
Nien Numb
Rebel Soldier 1
Rebel Soldier 2
Rebel Soldier 3 (presumably in gun turret)
Rebel Soldier 4 (presumably in gun turret)
There might've been a 5th Rebel Soldier at the engineering station.

jedi master sal
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
So, are you saying you're getting SIX of the new Millenium Falcons?

More power to you. I may not even get this one at all. It really depends on scale and amenities.

Tycho
02-06-2008, 12:01 PM
So, are you saying you're getting SIX of the new Millenium Falcons?

Oh no! I think the ship could be too big and hard to find display space for as it is.

I'll try to crew it with a group of characters I don't have one of my 1978 mold ships staffed with.

I have in '78s:

ANH Death Star Approach
ESB Hoth Escape / Mynock Hunt / Bespin Arrival
SOTE: Coruscant Escape / Xizor's Skyhook Destruction (leaving out the droids)

So I'll probably do ANH Death Star Escape and get updated figures of that group with Leia rather than Obi-Wan. If there are 2 gunner stations on that ship, it'd be nice, too. However with the boys in the gun wells, and Leia and Chewie in the cockpit, the hold will be rather empty. I might just do Lando and Nien Numb in ROTJ for this reason. It'd be a shame to staff the ship without her real captain though.

The other thing I could do is "collage the scene" and put Luke and Leia at the chess table in the main hold as well. I could finally have an excuse to buy that 2006 Luke with the poncho, maybe find a VOTC Han (never bought it) and go from there.

dindae
02-06-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm really excited about Yarna, Bane, ewoks, and Ak-Rev. Vader could be cool as well but it depends on how it looks. The sandstorm scene figures I will get but having never scene the scene it doesn't create desire.

Old Fossil
02-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Ugh... more ROTJ figures. I much prefer ANH or ESB-themed ones. I will at least get the Ewoks, probably Yarna, too. I hope the rumour is true for those of you who've been clamouring for her, and that Hasbro does right on the sculpt.

TheDarthVader
02-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I would get all of those except the sandstorm figures. I am not interested in figures that were not even in the movie. If Yarna is true, then I will buy two or three just because I have been begging Hasbro to make her.

jedi master sal
02-06-2008, 01:45 PM
...I hope the rumour is true for those of you who've been clamouring for her, and that Hasbro does right on the sculpt.

I hope so too. Malakili has been needing some six-breasted hoochie to shack up with....lol.
(Put that thought into your heads...)

bigbarada
02-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Ugh... more ROTJ figures. I much prefer ANH or ESB-themed ones. I will at least get the Ewoks, probably Yarna, too. I hope the rumour is true for those of you who've been clamouring for her, and that Hasbro does right on the sculpt.

I guess I'm just the opposite of you, because I would like to see Hasbro focus more on ROTJ to fill some of the gaping holes in that line. I know that updates of Ree-Yees, Yak Face, Gamorrean Guard, Admiral Ackbar, Klaatu, etc. might not seem the most interesting; but, to me, they are a million times more interesting than figures of the Tonnika Sisters or Willrow Hood.

darthscooby
02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
I Cited For All Of Em!

Bane - Who knew? HOT!
Sandstorm - Why not?
Yarna - Uhh Duhh!
Vader - Forever!
Ewoks- Awwwwwwwww!
Rev - We need.

Droid
02-06-2008, 02:31 PM
I would buy three Yarna figures just to support Hasbro's decision!

Blue2th
02-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Sign me up for that pledge also!

bigbarada
02-06-2008, 03:41 PM

I'll definitely get one loose and one carded of Yarna, so that's 2. If the figure is really good, then I'll get a third one. Plus, I'll have to pick up one for my brother, so that's 4.

evenflow
02-06-2008, 04:37 PM
I plan on picking up at least 2 or 3 or her as well.

Blue2th
02-06-2008, 05:06 PM
I plan on picking up at least 2 or 3 or her as well.
or her as well? She looks to be more than a handful. :grin:

Battle Droid
02-11-2008, 08:12 PM
From, http://jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1202777523,60620,

Wave 4 Return of the Jedi: Figures look outstanding and the rumor lists are holding true. Figure quality seems to be holding up to 2007's standards, and Yarna looks very ornate and colorful, which should make her fans very happy!

El Chuxter
02-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm still not holding my breath until I see pictures.

But I'm feeling a little giddy.

Droid
02-11-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm still not holding my breath until I see pictures.

But I'm feeling a little giddy.

Yes, Hasbro itself announced her before as a joke. But I am really excited that we could see pictures of her by THIS weekend and that she is reported to have been done well.

I think all the sites should put a large thank you banner on their front page and allow us to sign it if she is getting made.

If Yarna is getting made and is done well I won't complain again this year about any decision that is made by Hasbro.

They could stop making figures after Yarna and I will feel it was a pretty complete collection.

General_Grievous
02-11-2008, 08:50 PM
If this is true (and I'm 99.5% sure it is), and if she's not shortpacked, then I will never complain about Hasbro again. And you can quote me on that.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Yes, Hasbro itself announced her before as a joke. But I am really excited that we could see pictures of her by THIS weekend and that she is reported to have been done well.

I think all the sites should put a large thank you banner on their front page and allow us to sign it if she is getting made.

If Yarna is getting made and is done well I won't complain again this year about any decision that is made by Hasbro.

They could stop making figures after Yarna and I will feel it was a pretty complete collection.

I won't even complain about the part animated CW figs, if Yarna is done well. Getting excited here. I just hope the pics don't let any of us down this weekend. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
02-11-2008, 09:12 PM
I will believe it when I see pics

bigbarada
02-11-2008, 11:16 PM
I can't believe I'm getting this excited about the potential for a six-breasted, "plus-sized" female action figure.:D

If I only buy one figure this year, I'm getting Yarna. If I only buy two figures this year, I'm getting another Yarna.:)

Droid
02-12-2008, 09:21 AM
I almost guarantee she will be shortpacked, but I don't care. I'll hunt for that figure like I have no other. I'll go on Ebay. I'll go on the Hasbro site. Whatever it takes.

evenflow
02-12-2008, 09:22 AM
I am very giddy but am holding it in until i actually see pics. I really hope she gets released.

Tycho
02-12-2008, 12:00 PM
I can't believe I'm getting this excited about the potential for a six-breasted, "plus-sized" female action figure.:D

Why? I would love it if they used CGI effects to add Jessica Alba, Kristin Kruek, or Summer Glau into the movies and made action figures of them instead.

I'll buy Yarna for a Jabba scene, but I just don't understand the fascination with her.

El Chuxter
02-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Six boobs, Tycho. Six boobs.

jedi master sal
02-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Why? I would love it if they used CGI effects to add Jessica Alba, Kristin Kruek, or Summer Glau into the movies and made action figures of them instead.

I'll buy Yarna for a Jabba scene, but I just don't understand the fascination with her.

Possibly because Yarna is so UNLIKE an action figure, and/or that she was actually a character in the movie and had the limelight for 3 or 4 seconds... That's longer than some of the cantina patrons that have been made into plastic.

Kidhuman
02-12-2008, 12:48 PM
The fact that she was supposed to be a vintage figure, but ten scrapped.

bigbarada
02-12-2008, 12:54 PM

She's only onscreen for a couple of seconds, but she's one of the most memorable elements of ROTJ. Especially if you watched ROTJ while entering a certain stage of life. I saw ROTJ for the first time in 1986, just after my 13th birthday. Let's just say that I was fascinated with her in a way that I wouldn't have been if I had seen the movie in 1983, when I was ten.

Of course, I'm completely over that now. I just think she's such an unlikely candidate for an action figure that she absolutely needs to be made.

Plus she represents the differing standards of beauty that you would expect in a universe like Star Wars, which just adds credibility to the story.

Jargo
02-12-2008, 03:17 PM
because she survived. because they've made every other court entertainer. because she's not some skinny hollywood studios sandwiched in for the sole reason that the actress is dating the producer bimbo. because she's alien. because she's more interesting than yet another clonetrooper. because we've been asking for her since the year moses took his first baby steps. because she tag teams with Oola. because she's 'jabba's favorite dancer'. because she's more bang for your buck than a re-issued skiff guard. because she's in the movie fulfilling a proper role in a fully thought out way unlike ICMG. because she's ugly. because she's beautiful in her ugliness..

El Chuxter
02-12-2008, 03:25 PM
And to honor the late Claire Davenport. You forgot that one, Jargo.

Jargo
02-12-2008, 03:43 PM
yeah that too.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-12-2008, 05:24 PM

Dude, i'm with you i don't get her following either.

But what scares me about this figure is two things:

1.) She'll be a peg warmer and Hasbro will take a second look at what to make next for the basic line, or cancel it all together and focus on Clone Wars, and ETC.

2.) She'll be short packed beyond belief and no one will ever find her at retail. Which will bring out the scalpers.

TheRealDubya
02-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Yarna would be an ideal SDCC/HTS Exclusive. I gotta think it'll be DOA at retail, unless they short pack the hell out of it. I'm a huge OT fan, love Jabba's palace...but this character just does nothing for me. Woudl a kid really want this?

BUT I am really happy for you guys who have wanted this for so long. The passion for this potential figure has been pretty great to watch, and it would appear as if Hasbro wants to honor your patronage. A love note to the fanboys. It's how I felt about Hermie this year.

El Chuxter
02-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Hermi didn't pegwarm. If the figure ratio in the case is logical, Yarna won't either. I won't deny she doesn't have the mass appeal to kids and "casual" collectors, but, unless they make her four to a case, I don't foresee a problem.

Hasbro has actually been doing better about guesstimating demand lately. Figures like C-3PO w/ Salacious, Umpass-Stay, Pax Boknik, and especially the red Naboo Soldier could've been surefire pegwarmers. I've seen C-3PO twice, Umpass-Stay three times, Pax Boknik once (and wish I'd gotten him then!), and only found the Naboo Soldier yesterday.

Tycho
02-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Six boobs, Tycho. Six boobs.

On an attractive girl, uh, maybe that would be interesting. The 3-some that characters in Total Recall and Star Trek V had were sort of interesting. While I don't like totally flat ladies, I'm more interested in several other private parts that girls have. 6 doesn't do anything more for me than 2 would. I only have 2 hands anyway. But I could see why Dexter Jettster might really like her.

Possibly because Yarna is so UNLIKE an action figure,
Which will be the first reason why JediTricks hates her. And she might be a tough sell for kids, but I'm not really concerned with either of those reasons myself. It's rather cool that she'll be more unique.

The fact that she was supposed to be a vintage figure, but ten scrapped.
Alright. I guess that's interesting, too. But I'm not sure I would have bought her in the vintage days for any other reason but to "collect her" as a completist - which I was back then. Today I'd buy her for diorama filler. So I can't say I won't buy her. She's just not the priority for me that she is for some of you.

She's only onscreen for a couple of seconds, but she's one of the most memorable elements of ROTJ. Especially if you watched ROTJ while entering a certain stage of life. I saw ROTJ for the first time in 1986, just after my 13th birthday. Let's just say that I was fascinated with her in a way that I wouldn't have been if I had seen the movie in 1983, when I was ten.

I'm not going to even comment on that one. Her six "boobs" always looked like rolls of FAT to me, btw. I was kind of disgusted by her and never wanted to really take a good look so I subconsciously divert my eyes during her parts. Still do.

I just think she's such an unlikely candidate for an action figure that she absolutely needs to be made.

That argument should also support Wioslea, Jocasta Nu, Nyrat Agira, and Ice Cream Maker Guy (Wilrow Hood).

Plus she represents the differing standards of beauty that you would expect in a universe like Star Wars, which just adds credibility to the story.

Definitely true. However, what I want to represent in my dioramas can still be my standard for beauty, hence I stand by digitally adding Summer Glau into every Star Wars movie and making her action figures ;)

because she's not some skinny hollywood studios sandwiched in for the sole reason that the actress is dating the producer bimbo.

That is one more reason why I'd like to be a film producer! :thumbsup:

because she's in the movie fulfilling a proper role in a fully thought out way unlike ICMG.

Are you kidding me? She's just a dancer. Wilrow Hood might've saved Lando's last quart of chocolate-chip cookie dough! And what if it was pistachio? Did you consider that?

because she's ugly. because she's beautiful in her ugliness..

Cringe. But she's kind of humanoid. That makes her more ugly. I think Tonbuck Toora is an alien ugly female. There you go.

Yarna would be an ideal SDCC/HTS Exclusive.

I think it's Hasbro's business plan to sell many times more figures than they can just unload as exclusives though. I'm not sure, but maybe they lost money on doing the McQuarrie R2, 3PO, and Luke. (???)

TheRealDubya
02-12-2008, 06:43 PM
I agree Chux -- they've definitely gotten somewhat better at prognosticating retail expectations. Also, I didn't say Hermie warmed -- I was saying that my excitment for that character was comparable to others' excitment for Yarna. He definitely never warmed.

While we're on the subject though, I wonder if the figures you mentioned didn't get a chance to warm simply because those waves, as a whole, shipped much later and perhaps in much smaller numbers than the first 4 waves. Wave 4 is still the default (read: current) shelf product in the greater Seattle area. While waves 5, 6, 7, 7.5 & 8 all have made blink-and-miss-it appearances, 1-4 have been dominant and the warming figures (Jedi Luke, CZ-4, Elis, Biggs X-Wing, Galactic Marine, Stormtrooper) just continue to pile up. I suspect we'll see the later 2007 waves continue to emerge on shelf in the next 3-6 months, concurrent with the 2008 product, but only as waves 1-4 of the 2007 product get clearanced, BOGO'd or returned to the manufacturer.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
However, what I want to represent in my dioramas can still be my standard for beauty, hence I stand by digitally adding Summer Glau into every Star Wars movie and making her action figures ;)

So customizing a River Tam figure or waiting to see if they release any Terminator figs from TSCC is out of the question then? Those would be some sweet customs of Summer. :thumbsup:

Droid
02-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Which will be the first reason why JediTricks hates her. And she might be a tough sell for kids, but I'm not really concerned with either of those reasons myself. It's rather cool that she'll be more unique.

Actually I think JediTricks has argued she should be made and plans to buy her if she gets made. I am not sure she would have been near the top of his list, but I believe he argued she had much more screen time and was much more intersting than a lot of figures that HAVE been made. There is just not a rational reason to not have made this figure in light of those that have been made.

Beast
02-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Tycho just hates fat people. :p

Jedi_Kal-El
02-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Tycho just hates fat people. :p

Or it might just be that all the skinny girls have Tycho "meow :whip: "

Cane_Adiss
02-14-2008, 02:10 PM
I'll probably pick up one or two Yarna's when she comes out, along with Bane Malar (who knew he'd come so soon?). I was really looking forward to adding her to my collection for years now and here she is it seems. Now who do we want to really bug Hasbro into making next? Anyone game for Cane Adiss?

Tycho
02-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Now who do we want to really bug Hasbro into making next?

Nyrat Agira! :love:

jedi master sal
02-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Nyrat Agira! :love:

Oh hell yeah, I'll SECOND that!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nyrat_Agira

Jedi_Kal-El
02-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Oh hell yeah, I'll SECOND that!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nyrat_Agira

I'm easy. I suppose I can third that. :)

bigbarada
02-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Now who do we want to really bug Hasbro into making next? Anyone game for Cane Adiss?

I want to second the Cane Adiss vote, but I'm worried about how Hasbro would "fill in the blanks" for the rest of his body.

Until then, I guess I'll just continue carrying the torch for more Skiff Guards.

jedi master sal
02-14-2008, 09:41 PM
I want to second the Cane Adiss vote, but I'm worried about how Hasbro would "fill in the blanks" for the rest of his body.

Until then, I guess I'll just continue carrying the torch for more Skiff Guards.

And a fine job of it, you do, my friend.

bigbarada
02-14-2008, 11:59 PM
And a fine job of it, you do, my friend.

Thanks, even though it feels pointless sometimes. I first started campaigning for the Skiff Guards back in 2002 and in the last six years we have seen... zero all-new Skiff Guard figures made by Hasbro. Of course, we had the 2004 Lando Skiff and a carded repaint of the 1999 Barada figure in 2006; but those can hardly be considered all-new figures.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-15-2008, 12:10 AM
I have mutliples of vintage skiff guards, they were some of my faves of ROTJ figs when I was a kid, and for some reason my Mom just knew which figures I really, really loved and would get me extras of them (she bought me all of my SW toys) :thumbsup: so I'm all for new skiff guards too!

When they first came out in, what was it 98,99? I was stoked but now they are way over due for resculpts. I'm also really REALLY wanting a resculpt of Walrus Man SOOOOO bad. A pretty major character and he's got nothing but thrown on the back burner :cry:

jedi master sal
02-15-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm also really REALLY wanting a resculpt of Walrus Man SOOOOO bad. A pretty major character and he's got nothing but thrown on the back burner :cry:

Oh yeah, you're definitely right about him. Heck, if they can make Po Nudo....I mean really, Po Nudo? Why not a SA Walrusman?? And by that we mean Ponda Baba...

Tycho
02-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I just want to point out that diorama builders need all the aliens as Senators.

I initially got extras of figures like Greedo to have a Rodian delegation. But we all know that's not how they're supposed to be dressed in the Senate.

General_Grievous
02-15-2008, 03:27 PM
I figured this thread is as good as any to ask this question: When is the Toy Fair coverage going to start?

jedi master sal
02-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I figured this thread is as good as any to ask this question: When is the Toy Fair coverage going to start?

Early bird coverage Saturday night. Otherwise the bulk of it will start on Sunday.

I'll be glued to the 'puter all weekend!

General_Grievous
02-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Damn. I thought it always started on a Friday.

TheRealDubya
02-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Damn. I thought it always started on a Friday.

I was hoping for the same thing. I might get nice and drunk and log on late Saturday and peep all the goodness. I'm really excited to see what's coming...Star Wars, Joes, Indy, DC Universe...it's the golden age.

jedi master sal
02-15-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm just looking forward to SW and HALO toys. I'm not getting any INDY stuff, though dang the Indy LEGO stuff sure is calling me....heh heh.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Just my luck: we're moving tomorrow and the Comcast guy won't be able to switch our cable and internet to the new house for a little over a week, so I'll miss the pics. I can't use school computers either since I have off Monday and Tuesday. I shall find a way, though . . .

Deoxyribonucleic
02-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Just my luck: we're moving tomorrow and the Comcast guy won't be able to switch our cable and internet to the new house for a little over a week, so I'll miss the pics. I can't use school computers either since I have off Monday and Tuesday. I shall find a way, though . . .

Good luck with the move JJL! Hope it's smooth sailing :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
02-15-2008, 05:06 PM

Try heading to a public library.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Good luck with the move JJL! Hope it's smooth sailing :thumbsup:
Thanks! I packed a great deal of my SW stuff waaaay back in August, and the house has been ours since November, but someone finally bought our current one so we're finally moving. I'll just be glad when it's done.

Try heading to a public library.
Thanks, I might do that.

TheRealDubya
02-15-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm just looking forward to SW and HALO toys.

I want to get a Master Chief (or even just a couple Spartans.) Thank god McFarlane is finally doing an articulated figure.

Battle Droid
02-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Yarna

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid1.jpg

Han

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid2.jpg

Luke

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid3.jpg

Chewbacca

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid4.jpg

Ewoks

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid5.jpg

Bane

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid6.jpg

Vader

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid7.jpg

Ak-rev

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid8.jpg

Build a droid

Build a droid

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid10.jpg

Build a droid

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid11.jpg

Build a droid

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid12.jpg

Build a droid

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid13.jpg

Build a droid

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid14.jpg

bigbarada
02-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Yarna

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid1.jpg

Han

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid2.jpg

Luke

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid3.jpg

Chewbacca

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid4.jpg

Ewoks

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid5.jpg

Bane

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid6.jpg

Vader

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid7.jpg

Ak-rev

Build a droid

Build a droid

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid10.jpg

Build a droid

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid11.jpg

Build a droid

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid12.jpg

Build a droid

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid13.jpg

Build a droid

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid14.jpg

OMG!OMG!!OMG!!!

Yarna looks great! (keeping in mind that she's a hand painted prototype). I can't believe Hasbro's really making her.:love:

Han and Chewie look pretty amazing also. I like that they put the bandages of Chewie's leg from when he got shot on the Skiff.

I want to see an image of Vader under that mask to see if I plan to buy him or not.

The build-a-droid figures look alright. Although I'm not sure about that second droid, where is that one from?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Yarna doesn't look half bad(though some may disagree with me). Han has that same anorexic body. Kinda looks like with Luke they rescuplted it to a DS2 version, but can't really make it out with his arm in the way. Chewie doesn't look like anything special. Vader will be nice and the last one I ever need to buy...IF...the helmet stays on good. Pleased about the Ewoks, always nice to add a few more to the shelf. Bane and Ak-Rev look nice and I'm a little mixed on the build a droid. The second one looks stupid IMO. Not bad though.

bigbarada
02-16-2008, 12:17 PM
All prototypes look a little dodgy, so you just have to try to look beyond that. Her flesh tone is clearly painted on, so she'll look better once her body parts are actually molded in flesh colored plastic.

dindae
02-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks Battle Droid. Not so hot on the Sandstorm figures, Vaders mask looks a little enlarged so I will wait and see, the build a droids are decent, the rest are awesome.

Droid
02-16-2008, 12:22 PM
I am so happy about Yarna! She looks great, much better than it could have been. I think some of the joints are obvious and ugly, but I JUST DON'T CARE! This will do! Thank you Hasbro!

bigbarada
02-16-2008, 12:38 PM
After studying the photos some more, I notice that all the joints look a little "gappy" but, again, that's probably just because they are prototypes.

Han almost looks like they imported a head over from the Indiana Jones line. Probably one of the better Harrison Ford likenesses made. He'll make a great Skiff Battle Han Solo.

Bane Malar looks really cool and he's clearly not Doallyn from the Skiff Battle. Still a cool and memorable new Jabba's Palace character.

Honestly, the Ewok looks like crap, but I'm hoping that it's just because he's a proto. The Wokling with the basket is awesome though.:love:

Luke doesn't seem to be wearing his vest.

Tycho
02-16-2008, 12:57 PM
I like a few of these figures - maybe less than half.

Yarna is disgusting. I suppose I'll buy her because she goes in the Jabba scene, but she's revolting to me.

Bane and Ak-Rev look very cool.

The Ewok looks to be Keolkeech which I'd be thrilled to have. No he may not be a perfect likeness up to the best quality of past Ewoks, but I'm excited to get him and a baby to boot, too. Why the baby doesn't come with a mama Ewok I don't know though.

I'm glad that NONE of the build-a-droid figures shown thus far are any that I want, so I'm not really tempted to buy much from this line.

Disappointed with the figures, but thrilled to save money and space.

If the rumors of the huge Millennium Falcon pan out though, I may have to get the sandstorm figures just to have something different to crew the ship with.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Holy sweet nuts, Yarna is so ugly yet so beautiful at the same time. :love: Thankfully they're FINALLY making her.

The sandstorm figures are somewhat odd. Han's too skinny, Chewie's strange, and Luke shouldn't have his glove yet (though hopefully he'd be a good DSII one without the wrap. These were just odd choices for figures.

Bane Malar looks cool.

Vader looks like the Evolutions mold retooled, again. At least the helmet is in two parts; I've wanted that feature for a long, long time. It looks like his hand can't come off at the accurate point, but whatever.

The big Ewok will be good to have, but I'm really excited for the Wokling. :D

I wanted Ak-Rev more than Umpass-Stay, so I'm glad they're making him. It'll be nice to finish the drum as well.

Those droids are pretty cool, I wonder how many more there will be. It'll be nice to have a more modern R4 droid. What's the other one, an R6 or R7? Totally unexpected but I recognize it from similar droids at the Celebrations so it's cool.

bigbarada
02-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Yarna is disgusting.

Exactly! That's why she needed to be made!:thumbsup:

General_Grievous
02-16-2008, 01:10 PM
YES!!!!

Yarna looks AMAZING. So glad we're finally getting her.

WOKLING!

Bane and Ak-Rev look great.

The Vader looks promising.

I am iffy about Luke, Han and Chewie. But they don't look terrible, just...boring.

Fall can't get here soon enough. Seeing Yarna made my day.

TheRealDubya
02-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Bane is my favorite.

That Han Solo face sculpt is perfect.

bigbarada
02-16-2008, 03:03 PM
That Han Solo face sculpt is perfect.

Yes, it's the best Harrison likeness I've seen in the SW line. I just hope the final product looks that good.

Beast
02-16-2008, 03:35 PM
This will be a day long remembered.... we finally have Yarna!! Woo!! :D

Beast
02-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Double Post. Grrrr.

Jargo
02-16-2008, 04:45 PM
I think the han head sculpt sucks. blow the pic up to full size and the face looks like he has facial palsy. either that or suffered a stroke. mind you with the laconical way Ford acts it's sometimes hard to tell if he has had one or not.

Yarna is good. not perfect but not as bad as i feared. the elbow and thigh joints are a bit ugly and it's a shame the headress doesn't come off but she's good enough to go in the collection. I hope they maintain the face make-up as it is in that pic.

Bane Malar looks a lot better than i imagined. good enough to buy in fact. head is a little large but that's probably coz his legs are too skinny. won't matter once he goes into the collection display.

Ak Rev, colourful. decent. i'll buy that.

Luke looks like poodoo. Chewie doesn't look too bad. bet the paint apps get screwed up though.

Ewoks are cool.

Vader - *sigh*

I'll get Yarna, Ak Rev, Bane and the Ewoks.

Tycho
02-16-2008, 05:10 PM
head is a little large but that's probably coz his legs are too skinny.

Yeah. What is up with Hasbro's fascination with skinny legs these days?

The figures look like crap this way (see Han Bespin Torture).

Kidhuman
02-16-2008, 05:14 PM
WHY TE HELL IS YARNA HOLDING A CUP? She never drank anything in the movie. Easy pass for me on that POS. OYES!!!!!

Stupid SOB's at Hasbro

Yeah right. :D I am on that figure like Chuxter on Slickers Mom

El Chuxter
02-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

I'm feeling a little verklempt.

Clicking on a link that said "Yarna," and then seeing a picture of a true, faithful figure of the six-boobied one herself.... It's a bit much.

The last time I felt like this was almost twenty years ago, reading GIJoe #93 for the first time. You turn one page and BAM! There is Snake Eyes, fully unmasked, in all his hideous glory. It's like the grandiose mystery for which we've waited for ages and ages is finally solved, and you're just left without any words.

The Wokling, Bane, and the rest, though amazing, are just anticlimactic following that glorious unveiling of Yarna.

I need to sit down. Wait, I'm already sitting down. Are the angels singing, or is it just in my head?

BTW, Kid, one of the most iconic images of She-Of-The-Three-Pairs-Of-Hooters: