PDA

View Full Version : July 26 launch date?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2008, 05:41 PM
In the starwars.com announcement (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20080204.html) on the cardbacks (as seen in the other thread), it says:

Look for the new Clone Wars packaging designs to hit store shelves on July 26.
Does this mean there will be an actual launch date, like there was for the prequel stuff? It seems like an arbitrary day if there wouldn't be one. I hope there is an "official" launch, I absolutely loved the ones for the prequels.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-05-2008, 05:48 PM
I thought I read that somewhere once, but I didn't want to get anyones hopes up if I was wrong. That would be great if they did have an official date, and there wouldn't be such a lag in product for the summer.

Maradona
02-08-2008, 10:21 PM
As much as I would love to have another Midnight Madness launch, July 26 is Comic Con weekend where a sizeable portion of their collector base will be. Hasbro must know this.

DarkArtist
02-10-2008, 02:37 PM
forgot about Comic-Con, would love another MM release but I don't think it going to happen.

Kidhuman
02-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Didnt they have the MM during c3 in 05?

joe-da
02-10-2008, 08:52 PM
No, because I went to MM with some buddies who also went to C3 (and I didn't go to C3). But I can't remember whether C3 was before or after MM, though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Celebration III was after the figures came out; I remember talking about it with people outside Target.

jedi master sal
02-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Actually i think it's a GREAT idea if there's a MM same day as Comicon. not every collector can make it to SDCC. So we can in a sense share in that day with being able to have another MM.

General_Grievous
02-15-2008, 06:11 PM
If there were a Midnight Madness release for the Clone Wars figures, I'm sure everyone who'd turn up would have one thing and one thing only on their minds: the AT-TE. Which would lead to it selling out quickly and fights breaking out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2008, 06:16 PM
If there were a Midnight Madness release for the Clone Wars figures, I'm sure everyone who'd turn up would have one thing and one thing only on their minds: the AT-TE. Which would lead to it selling out quickly and fights breaking out.
Yeah. But thankfully there are enough stores around here that'll be opening at different times (WM is 7, Target is 8, TRU is a few hours later) so that I'll likely be able to find what I want pretty early, even if they don't have midnight madness.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah. But thankfully there are enough stores around here that'll be opening at different times (WM is 7, Target is 8, TRU is a few hours later) so that I'll likely be able to find what I want pretty early, even if they don't have midnight madness.

If they do have a MM I WILL be there for an AT-TE!!!!!

If not then all of the Wal-Marts here are 24/7 and put out the new stuff late. I'll have a fourth one open in my area by that time, so I'm guessing I shouldn't have any problems getting one. I can hit the 2 of them while my wife hits the other 2.

July 26th just can't get here quickly enough.

General_Grievous
02-17-2008, 02:42 PM

Make that the AT-TE AND the Spider Droid.

jedi master sal
02-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Make that the AT-TE AND the Spider Droid.

That's why it's good to go with friends and family.

I'll have my fiancee along. The priority is the AT-TE. So long as I secure 1 I'll be fine and will track down the others I want later. While I'm grabbing that, she'll be snagging 3 Homing Spider droids.

I still haven't made a definitive decision on the figures, so I won't worry about that for now.

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Why?

You're acting like a $100 vehicle isn't going to be pretty easy to find.

I'm not trying to be contrary, but what in recent toy memory would indicate to you that'd be the case?

jedi master sal
02-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Why?

You're acting like a $100 vehicle isn't going to be pretty easy to find.

I'm not trying to be contrary, but what in recent toy memory would indicate to you that'd be the case?

I'm not going on past sales of any particular figure.

I'm going on the fact that this has been a LONG sought after vehicle. Besides we collectors and even kids, you can BET scalpers are going to be hogging this up and making it hard for us to get at first. Overseas buyers may not get the opportunity like we will in the states and that is where I can see scalpers making their money.

Also, and this is a big point, there is only going to be so much room on shelves for a toy of this size. We'd be lucky to see any more than two at a time on shelves. So come J7-26 (I wanted to make a droid name out of the release date-hmm, could be a neat exclusive...anyway back on topic), especially if there is a Midnight Madness, I think at least for a time this is going to be hard to find. Also, it's not something that we as collectors would typically help out other collectors to get as it's not only a little costly, it would be expensive to ship for the eventual collector receiving it. (BTW, Pegger, I'll still hook you up on this if you need me to.)

To me (and Tycho), this is the VERY BEST Star Wars toy EVER made. Lights, sounds, holds 20 figures, moving electrical/mechanical parts, HUGE, nearly to scale...what else is there?

Couple all of this with the new cartoon coming out and it's going to have some backing to help it sell.

If it's not a retail success I'll be a bit surprised.

I guess call it a gut feeling, back by the strong desire for it by fans/collectors, and the new cartoon show bolstering it's awareness to the general public. Oh and if from what we've seen, if it's going to be a fall release, then there are the Holiday shoppers to contend with as well.

So I think I have a good grounded basis for why this will sell well and might be hard to find.

-Sal

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
The new show won't be out for another two months, though.

And a Midnight Madness for Clone Wars toys will be a non-event.

I agree that people will be looking for it, and it'll be the toughest CW toy to get. I just don't think it'll be some incredible seller that saves the economy.

jedi master sal
02-19-2008, 01:19 PM
I just don't think it'll be some incredible seller that saves the economy.

Well yeah, I wouldn't go THAT far either, heh heh. But it can help keep the SW line alive and well. (Crosses fingers and toes)

Kidhuman
02-19-2008, 01:22 PM
What it can do for the SW fans is lead to them making some of the larger scaled eicles tat they say would never sell like a Sail Barge. I am definitely going to et 2, 1 for me and one for my sons Christmas present. He will absolutely sh*t his pants on Dec 25th.

Maradona
02-19-2008, 05:31 PM
I get the suspicion that there will be some huge crows at San Diego area TRUs and WMs. It should be quite a meet and greet out there.

General_Grievous
02-22-2008, 12:52 AM
You know what I was thinking? If the Legacy line (ROTJ wave) gets the July 26th release date as well, and there is a Midnight Madness sale, chances are I might go to score that wave in one swoop.