PDA

View Full Version : Official 2008 NFL Thread

Kidhuman
02-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Post your news and whatever.

2-1B
02-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Can't wait for the Pro Bowl this Sunday, I'm so pumped !!!

Rocketboy
02-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Post your news and whatever.News!
The Giants defeated the Patriots to win the Superbowl back on Sunday.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-05-2008, 08:03 PM
News!
The Giants defeated the Patriots to win the Superbowl back on Sunday.

Even more news! Bill Belachick is a sore loser, Brady and Moss are still crying and have dropped out of the Pro Bowl, oh and the '72 Dolphins are loving it. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
02-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Even more news! Bill Belachick is a sore loser, Brady and Moss are still crying and have dropped out of the Pro Bowl, oh and the '72 Dolphins are loving it. :thumbsup:And suddenly Giants fans are everywhere!

2-1B
02-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I hate the Vagiants, I hate the 72 Dolphins, and I hate the fact that the Pathetics blew the perfect season.

I hate the Patriots, too.

Packers/Browns in 43 :thumbsup:

Slicker
02-06-2008, 04:23 AM
And suddenly Giants fans are everywhere!You're not even kidding. I think I've seen at least 5-6 people wearing Giants shirts.

Surprisingly I haven't seen a single one of the those million Patriots shirts being worn that I saw people wearing only a few short days ago. Strange...

TeeEye7
02-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Time to get the "F" out and put in the "H" = NHL! :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
02-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Still waiting to get my 18-1 shirt....maybe a nice polo shirt would be nice.

CaptainSolo1138
02-06-2008, 11:45 AM
*News flash* Mercury Morris still has a reason to live.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-06-2008, 03:07 PM
And suddenly Giants fans are everywhere!
I'm not jumping on the Giants bandwagon. I'm just happy they beat the much hated Pats. I also think it's funny that Brady and Moss pulled out of the Pro Bowl. Way to man up guys.

Time to get the "F" out and put in the "H" = NHL! :thumbsup:

I'll get the "F" and the "H" out and just wait for the MLB!:thumbsup:

JON9000
02-06-2008, 03:35 PM
*News flash* Mercury Morris still has a reason to live.

Why ESPN gave him ten minutes in the SB post game show is a mystery to me. Really, he isn't the most well-spoken guy, and it was the Giants' night, not the night for Morris to collectively douse the Pats with a celebratory bucket of hatorade.

I hope somebody goes 19-0 next year, just to shut him up.

My early prediction for the Superbowl: Chargers/Cowboys

CaptainSolo1138
02-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I hope somebody goes 19-0 next year, just to shut him up.That's mainly the reason I wanted the Pats to win the Superbowl. I've never been a Pats fan (quite the opposite, really, since I take a shine to the Bills) but I wanted to see someone do it just to see if my theory that on the day after it happens the remnants of that Dolphins team will all go the way of that dude at the end of "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".

DarthQuack
02-06-2008, 09:28 PM
I've been a Giants fan since birth.....I don't mind people jumping on for this Super Bowl....but don't say that you've been a Giants fan....we've suffered through everyone ripping Eli and Tom.....hey Tiki where's your ring?

CaptainSolo1138
02-06-2008, 09:59 PM
I've been a Giants fan since birthHe was born Saturday.;)

hey Tiki where's your ring?
l o ljocks (loljocks.blogspot.com) I believe put it best (http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/ECKoolAid/lolsports/i-pity-the-tiki.jpg).

Bel-Cam Jos
02-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Packers/Browns in 43 :thumbsup:Makes me wonder, which teams never to reach a SB have the best chance of making it to SB XLIII:
Cleveland?
Arizona?
New Orleans?
Detroit?
Houston?
Jacksonville?

And which to have never won one have the best shot:
all the above, plus
Atlanta?
San Diego?
Buffalo (hee hee)?
Minnesota (hee hee, doncha know)?
Seattle?
Cincinnati?
Tennessee?
Carolina?
Philadelphia?

DarthQuack
02-06-2008, 10:08 PM
He was born Saturday.;)

You wish cracka! I hope I take Granderson away from you in the draft :P

CaptainSolo1138
03-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Brett Favre is finally hanging them up. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034)

figrin bran
03-04-2008, 10:56 AM
I don't believe it! The Brett will change his mind within a few weeks

DarthQuack
03-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Yea, this was kind of surprising to me too, I definitely thought he'd want to come back for one more season.

CaptainSolo1138
03-04-2008, 11:11 AM
I could care less, really, but it was still a surprise. After the season he had, I figured there was no question that he'd be back.

Hopefully by doing it so early, the NFL media's collective massive erection for Favre will deflate by the time the season starts. Hopefully.

Let the Aaron Rodgers era begin!

Jedi_Kal-El
03-04-2008, 04:36 PM
It had to happen sooner or later. I thought he'd be back too though, for at least one more.

Qui-Long Gone
03-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Let the Aaron Rodgers era begin!

...that is until Brett changes his mind at the very last second....

I'm holding my breath for that decision....if there's anything #4 is good at on and off the field, it's rash decisions made with split second timing! :thumbsup:

2-1B
03-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Caps, what are you gonna do when The Dreamboat drydocks for good ?

Banthaholic
03-04-2008, 07:29 PM
It's not going to be the same without Favre on the field. But I'm glad to see him leave on his terms.

CaptainSolo1138
03-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Caps, what are you gonna do when The Dreamboat drydocks for good ?Hope that the seamen on board unload near me.

UKWildcat
03-04-2008, 07:41 PM
I'll miss the Favre. :cry:

Kidhuman
03-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Brett Favre is going out on top of his game. He kept coming back to prove he still had it and he did. 1 play away from the SB. Aaron Roers is no joke. HEplayed well againsta tough Dallas team. 18/26 201 yds, 1 td 104 QB rating. Cant sleep on the back up.

2-1B
03-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Except that he'll get hurt. Alot. And will thus be unreliable.

JimJamBonds
03-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Today, [11:11 AM] Let the Aaron Rodgers era begin!

Sorry there Cappy but I sent Caesar (along with a few others) the exact same message about 2 hours prior to your posting it here.

Has there been another qb that started and ended his carear with int's?

CaptainSolo1138
03-04-2008, 08:57 PM
'Spect given, JimJam.

JimJamBonds
03-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Also, has anybody heard from John Madden? Is he still alive or is he just holed up someplace crying his eyes out?

Jedi_Kal-El
03-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Also, has anybody heard from John Madden? Is he still alive or is he just holed up someplace crying his eyes out?

Is he still around? J/K

JimJamBonds
03-04-2008, 09:06 PM
I expect The Onion will have something to say about Favre hanging it up.

As far as real life stories goes the moroon mayor of Green Bay will probably declair a city wide day of mourning.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Ahem. I believe the big news regarding NFL QBs was Pittsburgh signing Ben Roesthetistlisthsiletshtereberger for a nice 8-year deal. Big news is that the Steelers spent money on a player; lots of money.

Kidhuman
03-05-2008, 07:26 PM
BAd news is the player they spent it on is very overrated.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-05-2008, 07:35 PM
BAd news is the player they spent it on is very overrated.Who else can they get? Brian St. Pierre? Charlie Batch? Ain't really anybody out there worth it, and Ben runs the Pittsburgh offense well.

Kidhuman
03-05-2008, 07:38 PM
The running game is what wins for Pittsburgh, not the QB. Ben does handle it well, but he isnt worth 12 million a year for a QB.

Qui-Long Gone
03-07-2008, 01:06 PM
True but Ben has two intangibles that the Steelers wouldn't find somewhere else.

1. He sells jerseys = $$$$$$$$

2. He's a vetran and young and there aren't many 'proven' QBs available.

In the NFL two things matter: what have you done for me lately and what will you do this year. While Big Ben is no Tom Brady/John Elway, he has just enough potential to make him worth a long-term investment and just enough popularity to make him worth keeping.

In markets like Pittsburg tradition goes a long way....

2-1B
04-13-2008, 09:28 PM
first Brett Favre, now Bryant Gumbel...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807b681a&template=without-video&confirm=true

:thumbsup:

Now Cris Collinsworth can hopefully shine. :)

Qui-Long Gone
04-18-2008, 06:19 PM
first Brett Favre, now Bryant Gumbel...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807b681a&template=without-video&confirm=true

:thumbsup:

Now Cris Collinsworth can hopefully shine. :)

Football won't be the same this fall....

it will be better....

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2008, 07:38 PM
So, anybody jazzed up for this year's draft? Will Jerry Jones pull a Mike Ditka and trade his whole draft for McFadden? Who will make the lamest pun about the last two picks being Two Long (too long?) selections? Got a bet on who'll be the Lowsman?

Qui-Long Gone
04-25-2008, 01:52 PM
This will be a good draft.

Best case senario: Jones pulls the Ditka and McFadden becomes the Lowsman or Ryan Leaf! That would make my day.

Best pick of the draft will be Howie Long's Son Chris...that kid will have immediate impact on whatever team he plays for.....

Good to see the highest paid offensive lineman this year is a rookie who's never seen a snap in the NFL yet....that should go over well for the Dolphins who have made a skill out of wasting their drafts!

I'm still miffed that the Pats get a first round from their trade....did anyone really believe that punishment of losing one of two first round pics was going to hurt them?

CaptainSolo1138
04-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Draft schmaft.

I excited for PacMan to rain on them hos in Dallas. They've got some good strip joints in the area, so things should work out well.

DarthQuack
04-26-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm just happy we don't have to wait 15 minutes between each pick now, since they bumped it down to 10.

Kidhuman
04-26-2008, 05:57 PM
I am very Happy with the Jets pick. I am glad DMC was not on the board and Gholston was, made it so much easier to get the right person

Bel-Cam Jos
04-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Steelers needed a bruising RB to help out Parker... got him in Illinois RB Mendenhal [sp?] Needed a tall WR to help out Ward... got him in Texas WR Sweed [sp?] Needed to know how to spell the names of Pittsburgh's newest draft picks... got to do that first. :rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
04-27-2008, 04:19 PM
I am very Happy with the Jets pick. I am glad DMC was not on the board and Gholston was, made it so much easier to get the right person

And today they picked up Tennessee qb Eric Ainge.

I guess it is an insurance pick, in case the Kellen Clemens experiment does not work out.

Kidhuman
04-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Very good pick up. Not too shabby. I am liking the team the way it is heading

JetsAndHeels
04-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Very good pick up. Not too shabby. I am liking the team the way it is heading

Someone outbid me on an Eric Ainge auto card, but I did score both a Vernon Gholston and Dustin Keller auto. I can get an Ainge later.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Steelers snuck QB Dixon from Oregon in the mid rounds. If he heals well, that could be a nice backup-heir apparent for Ben. Or maybe try the "slash" route, a la Kordell Stewart or Antwon Randall El.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-07-2008, 09:40 AM
I knew there was a thread about this, just had to dig. :digdug:

So, here's to every team (except the Redskins) who has hopes of repeating New England's undefeated regular season (but avoiding the 0-2 post season), people!

jjreason
09-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Steelers snuck QB Dixon from Oregon in the mid rounds. If he heals well, that could be a nice backup-heir apparent for Ben. Or maybe try the "slash" route, a la Kordell Stewart or Antwon Randall El.

That kid's a ringer - he let Michigan have it and then some last season. :cry:

The Bears are almost assuredly going to be 0-1 after this week, Indy is NOT a friendly week 1 opponent to wind up with.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Biggest news so far: Brady's leg injury. They still win, but KC's not the same caliber as other AFC squads. Steelers pile it on the Texans; we'll see what Cleveland brings next week.

JetsAndHeels
09-07-2008, 05:08 PM
And the eagles absolutely destroyed the rams.

2-1B
09-07-2008, 05:11 PM
J-E-T-S

Brett !

Brett !!

Brett !!!

JetsAndHeels
09-07-2008, 05:12 PM
J-E-T-S

Brett !

Brett !!

Brett !!!

Heck yeah!! I had alot of fun at the bar today, but I cannot talk right now because I usually lose my voice each week.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-07-2008, 05:19 PM
I had alot of fun at the bar today, but I cannot talk right now because I usually lose my voice each week.Then shouldn't your posts look like this?
My post has a small look to it, as my voice is weak.:rolleyes:

It was also nice to see N.O. the city get a win, after all they've been through lately.

JetsAndHeels
09-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Then shouldn't your posts look like this?
My post has a small look to it, as my voice is weak.:rolleyes:

Not really. I don't want to take the time to edit the font.

2-1B
09-07-2008, 05:36 PM
We got to see the game on TV, loved the 2 big bombs from Favre and the generally solid play from him the rest of the game (save for the fumble...but at least it wasn't a dumb play of his,
just a great play by the Phins defense :) ).

Good luck against the Pats. :)

JetsAndHeels
09-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks, 2-1B. I actually hope Brady will be ok by the game next week...I have been looking forward to the showdown between him and Favre.

Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgJevovAm6k) we are at the fan club celebrating the win. It's a short video, but you get the idea.

JetsAndHeels
09-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Sorry for the double post, but big news...and bad news for the Pats.

It looks like Tom Brady is going to miss the entire 2008 season. Here (http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Sunday-Scene-Week-1-And-so-it-begins-;_ylt=Am9IixUQCFS2oQzyRkYbYPBNC5kB?urn=fantasy,106 016) is a link to the story.

2-1B
09-07-2008, 10:53 PM
I think the Browns, Rams, and Texans are all going to miss the entire season as well...

What's up with the Colts ?

scruffziller
09-07-2008, 11:01 PM
DA BEARS ARE GOING BACK TO DA SUPER BOWL!!!!:crazed:
That's whats up with the Colts:silly:

UKWildcat
09-07-2008, 11:19 PM
I feel awful for Tom Brady, and Cappy. I'm sorry for your loss. :cry:

What about Fast Willie Parker? and Michael Turner? :eek:

I was glad to see McNabb do well, have him in my big ffb league. Also have DeSean Jackson who continues to impress. I hope McNabb can keep this caliber of gameplay up, and Jackson should have earned a starting spot when R. Brown and eventually K. Curtis returns.

That Panthers / Chargers game was insane. Awesome finish. Where the hell was L.T?

Qui-Long Gone
09-08-2008, 02:35 PM
It was great to see football start back up.....

As a die hard Colts fan I have to tip my hat to the Bears getting their revenge. The Bears played like the Colts and the Colts played like the Bears!

Nice to see Donavan dominate again. Screw you Phily, you crap-hole town....you don't deserve to have professional sports in your city because your fans suck. Your lucky the 'Nab is still in your fraking town making you relevant.

Although I hate the Patriots, Brady is a good quarterback/leader and it's too bad to see him lost for the season. No doubt the Patriots will figure out a way to cheat themselves some more wins. The Bills and Jets may have the best window they'll ever have under the Brady Patriots.....so no excuses to steal that division (heck, even the Dolphins are showing better life).

In the NFC watch out for the Bears, Cardinals (hey it's the NFC West), and Giants. These teams could be the Giants of 07.

Indy and San Diego will be back, but their windows are getting smaller and smaller, and now with the Patriots in serious trouble, I'm not sold that these two teams will be the lock to steal the mantel, especially loosing games to weaker NFC teams. The Steelers may be the AFC team to topple this season.

I still think Jacksonville, the Titans, the Browns, the Vikings, the Saints, and the Bucs are overrated. The Saints may find their stride, but not without a defense. The Vikings still need a QB worth a crap.

Even if the Falcons and Ravens tank this year, you probably won't find a more upbeat locker room this week than those two! Good for them, and good for the NFL.

*I'd hate to be Vegas this year....someone is going to get a major PAYLOAD with underdogs this season!

What team has the best odds of going undefeated this season? My pick is the Cowboys or Steelers.

ncbarrett
09-08-2008, 03:12 PM
My hopes of another great New England season ended with a single hit.

*weeps softly*

jedi master sal
09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Well I had an amazing NFL day yesterday.
First, my wife got SUITE tickets from her work, for FREE!!! Those were $195 face value tickets! The food in the suite was free, so was the soda and BEER. I'm not a beer drinker, but I had one yesterday!

Got some free stuff too. Large fridge magnet and the gameday program. Yes free too!

Then to boot, it just so happened our suite was right next to the mayor of Pittsburgh's suite, so I got a pic of me next to him and chatted with him for a bit.

Then the BESTEST most absolutely FANTASTICAL thing that could ever happen to a Steeler fan (if you can't actually become a player)...

Not only did I get to meet one of the Steeler management people, but he had on the Super Bowl ring from a couple of years ago. I got to see it up close and personal....and even better..... I GOT TO WEAR IT!!!! He slipped it off his finger and allowed me to take a few shots with it on my finger. Gawd, that was frickin' sweet! Heavy ring, and large and gawdy, but dang, I'd NEVER pass that chance up.

My wife has the pics in the camera. I'll be making a CD of them to bring to work tomorrow. If I don't post them tonight, them I will tomorrow.

Wow, not only was the game awesome, but all that other stuff!

What made it even better was that parking for us was only $5, shuttle to and from a total of $4. So together we only spent $9 TOTAL for two Suite tickets!

(Course, I did end up buying 3 Steeler McFarlane figures, new Commemerative Myron Cope Terrible towel, and an awesome old fashioned Black and Gold Leather Helmet<---this thing is SWEET) All that merch cost me $97, but it was well worth it. Figuring that the tix would have cost us $390, I'd say we did VERY well.

-Sal

CaptainSolo1138
09-08-2008, 07:00 PM
I feel awful for Tom Brady, and Cappy. I'm sorry for your loss. :cry:Thanks, UK. Its been a rough 24 hours in the Solo household but we've been strong. I just don't know which QB I'll think about "getting into the slot" come week 2.:cry:

2-1B
09-09-2008, 05:10 PM
What the hell is up with Rod Marinelli? Why does he stomp around the sidelines like that?

Man, I hate the Lions.

Qui-Long Gone
09-10-2008, 11:06 AM
What the hell is up with Rod Marinelli? Why does he stomp around the sidelines like that?

Man, I hate the Lions.

....apparently so does Marinelli.......

scruffziller
09-10-2008, 12:18 PM
I feel awful for Tom Brady, and Cappy. I'm sorry for your loss. :cry:

I don't like to see anyone get hurt. Because then you can't see them get humbled over and over.;)

I really can't stand Tom Brady as a person. I think he is full of himself and a d-bag.

But......I was really hoping to see him and Farvey go at it this season. :(
Favre is the Anti-Brady.

the Colts played like the Bears!

Yea, injuries can do that.:yes: I still thought the Colts played tough, which gives me confidence we wil dominate the rest of the season.

UKWildcat
09-10-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't really mind Brady, its the coach I absolutely can not stand.

News: Marques Colston is going to miss 4-6 weeks due to a torn ligament in his thumb. :(

Vince Young is crazy. :crazed:

scruffziller
09-10-2008, 12:33 PM
I don't really mind Brady, its the coach I absolutely can not stand.

Bellechik is King D-bag.lol

When I went to see Da Bears stomp some cheeseheads at Lambeau Field, that was the one thing that the Green Bay fans and I all agreed on. We hate Bellechik.

Qui-Long Gone
09-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I quit hating Bellecheat because I think he thrives on that....sort of like a Sith Lord of football.

I think when the Bears take on the Eagles we'll know a lot more about how good (or overrated) they are this season.

I think the Steelers have the best shot at running the AFC table this season, but don't count out the Pats yet....

Poor Vince, I'd hate to see him go down the Vick path of young-black athelete brought down too early by poor choices. I hope some people step up to help him get through his issues....although he'll never get help enough to be as good a QB as Donavan Mc.....

pbarnard
09-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Not sure on the VY situation, but statistics say it's probably clinical depression. Usually has an onset in the early 20s, no apparent reason, etc. Everyone forgets how young he really, and maybe how dangerously over looked this issue could be in the league. Could be cleared up right away with medication, talk therapy (there's a hunderds of sports pyschologists out there), and if the Titants/league, as a business, were interested in getting return on their investment, they'd help/point him in that direction. I don't think it's a Vick issue.

With expectations lowered, all the Patriots now have to do is make the playoffs and Cheater with the sex tape no one wants to see except for a few whack jobs in Boston will be geniuses/continuing their dynasty.

Qui-Long Gone
09-11-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't think it's a Vick issue.

Check out this article:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8550254?MSNHPHMA

pbarnard
09-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Check out this article:

By Vick situation, I'm taking it to mean, funding criminal enterprises, having funny water bottles, blowing off endorsement meetings, etc. This seems more like a mental break down than anything. Which he may not have been prepared for or just happens because the brain is still a mystery.

scruffziller
09-12-2008, 07:50 AM
I quit hating Bellecheat because I think he thrives on that....sort of like a Sith Lord of football.

That's hilarious!!!:D

Here is a little something for you Tom Brady haters.
http://184977.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/Article/Index/article/tbdb-2996013

And this is why.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Otpt3QZlq8

I think when the Bears take on the Eagles we'll know a lot more about how good (or overrated) they are this season.

Nah, the Bears are either bad or good. Never overrated, no gray areas.

Overrated. Now that is Favre.:squareeye

Ah man, Marinelli is the best. He is HIL-AIR-EE-OUS!!!!! A classic tirade coach. I will never forget his tantrum during the Bears Game on Christmas Eve 2006.
He was shouting and screaming at his players, "THAT'S STUPID FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!":D:D:D:D I wish I could find that clip somewhere. Can't find it on youtube.

pbarnard
09-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Ah man, Marinelli is the best. He is HIL-AIR-EE-OUS!!!!! A classic tirade coach. I will never forget his tantrum during the Bears Game on Christmas Eve 2006.
He was shouting and screaming at his players, "THAT'S STUPID FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!":D:D:D:D I wish I could find that clip somewhere. Can't find it on youtube.

Well if the game was at Detroit, you'd have to find somebody who went to it.

JetsAndHeels
09-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Overrated. Now that is Favre.:squareeye

You are right. He is no Kyle Orton.

figrin bran
09-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Check out this article:

Thanks for the link. I found it to be a great read.

I look at the VY situation as more of an Ankiel - ian mental breakdown than a Vick. If you'll recall, he did score very, very low on the Wonderlic. Much has been made of his poor fundamentals and mechanics and it could be that they're made even worse by the sort of mental framework that he has. If it is clinical depression, it is very much treatable and so hopefully the Titans will help point him in the right direction.

At any rate, you hate to see this happen to any player and so here's hoping that he's able to bounce back.

scruffziller
09-13-2008, 06:44 PM
You are right. He is no Kyle Orton.

I am not sure if you are being facetious when you say that, J&H.:) And I am not sure who actually would be better. The age issue goes without saying, but I like Orton's style more than Favre's. Favre is like a more successful Rex Grossman; plus Madden kept making the comparison in 2006.

Favre is overrated when you size him up to other noteworthy QBs. Steve Young, Joe Montana, John Elway, Troy Aikman, Jim McMahon(who taught Favre everything he knows), Peyton Manning, Tom Brady (even though I can't stand him), etc. Favre is at the bottom of the list.

Brady, Manning and Favre all have the same record of beating all the other teams except Manning and Brady have done it in half the time.

I sum Favre's career up to 1,000 Monkeys typing on 1,000 typewriters that will eventually complete the works of Shakespeare. Favre has only had the success he has had in GB because of FAN POWER. If he had been on any other team, he would have been gone a long time ago. His longevity on the team, due to fan power, has allowed him to complete the tasks to get the honors he has received. Only a few I would give totally on his own merit; such as winning said championships like the Super Bowl(which he didn't even get the MVP for :D:rolleyes:). Most consecutive starts all these years and 2 NFC Championships and 1 Super Bowl, gimme a break!lol
Favre is a good quarterback, but not a great one.

CaptainSolo1138
09-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Starting at QB for SSG's one and only "Dreamboatin'", the man, the myth, the legend.....

Matt "Whoop yo Assel" Cassel!

UKWildcat
09-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I wonder how his seed stacks up to Brady's?

CaptainSolo1138
09-13-2008, 11:33 PM
It may be as potent, but his jean genes don't stack up to the ruggedly handsome yogurt Brady slings. Tom Brady has the only "smart" jizz in the world. If it doesn't approve of its intended target it will automatically divert itself to the nearest supermodel. Ergo, every load blown by St. Thomas of Brady has the potential to become a hot chick who can throw a fifty yard bomb with accuracy.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Do they all have damaged tails now, then? Sprained MitoChondrial Ligaments?

So, how will the weather mess with NFL/college seasons from now on? It couldn't be Al Gore, or celebrities, or scientists on TV, or documentaries that get people to care about the environment and global climate change: it's messing with football schedules for bettors and fantasy owners! :lipsrsealed:

Kidhuman
09-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Jets killed themselves with penalties today. That game was easily winnable.

CaptainSolo1138
09-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Jets killed themselves with penalties today. That game was easily winnable.
No way. It was the total domination by the guy with the ball cap and clipboard.

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2008, 08:45 PM
And the refs screwed up a few calls too. Roughing the passer? Whatever...total BS call.

UKWildcat
09-14-2008, 11:04 PM
You think the refs screwed up in that game? Did you see the Denver San Diego game? The Broncos have Ed Hockuley to think for that one. Aside from that very botched call (and one earlier), good game.

sith_killer_99
09-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Go Denver!!!:thumbsup:

Anyone catch the Minnesota/Indy game? The Vikings had it, then the Colts get lucky and pull one out of their butt in the last few minutes. Give me a break! Minnesota had their number man!:frus:

UKWildcat
09-14-2008, 11:40 PM
I saw bits and pieces of that game, though I mainly watched the Saints/Skins game. It was a good game, but I'm glad Indy won. All the Vikings could do was muster field goals (Longwell did have a monster game). :rolleyes:

scruffziller
09-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Go Denver!!!:thumbsup:

Anyone catch the Minnesota/Indy game? The Vikings had it, then the Colts get lucky and pull one out of their butt in the last few minutes. Give me a break! Minnesota had their number man!:frus:
I feel your pain from the Bears end of things. So close yet so far away. I couldn't watch the game so I kept watching the scores pop up hoping to see a tie up for overtime. No go.:cry::frus:
But I am glad the Viqueens lost to even out things in our division. Now only if the Fackers would have lost.:frus:

UKWildcat
09-15-2008, 11:22 PM
I have Donovan McNabb and DeSean Jackson in one of my fantasy football leagues. Needless to say, I could not believe what transpired on that (what would have been) 61 yard TD pass. :eek:

I still won convincingly, but still.... :eek:

pbarnard
09-17-2008, 02:17 PM
The Viqueens officially benched Jacskon as their starting QB for Gus Frerotte!!! Can you feel the magic there? When will they pull their coaching staff for lack of play calling, because you need more than Run Adrian Peterson Left/Right.

Qui-Long Gone
09-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Thank God my Colts survived the thrashing the Vikings could have put on them had that team the means to score more than 15 points when it mattered most! Thankfully the Vikings will never matter until they get a QB as good as their runningback...any of their runningbacks! Imgaine what Culpepper and Moss could have done with Peterson in the backfield and Allen at DE? Scarry! Good luck scoring 15 points with Gus Minnesota!

*I called out the Bears after they humbled the Colts, and they didn't fail to fail. The Panthers may not be the team to beat this year, but they are the team to beat in the 4th quarter!

Ed is a good ref. Why is every blaming him for San Diego's inability to play football? Where was the Charger's D on 3rd and goal? Did they also forget to play the 4th down conversion? The only thing the Chargers are good at is excuses. Even the Falcon's don't complain as much as the Chargers do, and that team would have as good a reason as any. Without a doubt, they are to excuses what the Pats are to cheating....the kings!

Unless Buffalo can figure out how to play four quarters of football against the Pats, you might as well give that time the division again. If one of those pathetic teams can't dethrone them without Tom Brady, they deserve to be the laughing stock of the NFL!

I hope Vince finds peace....maybe the Titans should also send him some wide receivers too.

Man the NFC is fun to watch for a change......

Kidhuman
09-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Holy crap did Ronnie Brown have a helluva day

scruffziller
09-22-2008, 10:00 PM
So close yet so far away!!!:cry: I can't believe we lost that game. 10 points ahead and into OT and still lose.:mad:
That personal foul on Peanut, that Bucc must have said something about his mama.:upset:

I was at the game, and I didn't get back home till 11:30 PM. Soldier Field is grueling getting out of cuz you got to wait for the shuttle bus to take you back to the parking lot at McCormick place which is in da hood.
I would much rather see a game up at Lambeau field.

Qui-Long Gone
09-23-2008, 03:06 PM
WTF, the Colts are 1-2 and the Falcons are 2-1 :frus:

Chad Pennington is a heck of a wide out....maybe they don't need him at QB if they have Brown? :thumbsup:

pbarnard
09-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Well Brown can throw it farther down the field, however, I'll still give Pennington the benefit of the doubt on reading coverages and the short routes.

Qui-Long Gone
09-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Quick pics for the record!

Carolina over Atlanta, Turner continues to make fantasy footballers giggle
Green Bay over Tampa, Sunday game most worth watching
Titans hold out over Vikings in overtime, Titans win at QB, barely
Eagles soar over the Bears, Donavan gets hurt to boot!

Upset-waiting-to-happen:
Ravens edge out the Steelers, too many injuries waiting for Pittsburg

pbarnard
09-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Upset-waiting-to-happen:

I don't think edge out is the term. I think 2+ touchdowns will be the margin. Big Ben will go down in the game too. He's going to become the human pinata.

Qui-Long Gone
09-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Quick pics for the record!

Carolina over Atlanta, Turner continues to make fantasy footballers giggle
Green Bay over Tampa, Sunday game most worth watching
Titans hold out over Vikings in overtime, Titans win at QB, barely
Eagles soar over the Bears, Donavan gets hurt to boot!

Upset-waiting-to-happen:

Not bad! I would have made a killing in Vegas......:yes: Guess that settles if I should quit my day job!

How could you not pull for Tampa, especially after their kicker's nightmare? :cry:

The best news out here in Texas has to be the Cowboys' loss! lol

I doubt be Packer's fans are upset this morning? At least not as much as the Card's sedondary!!!!

scruffziller
09-30-2008, 02:55 AM
Ah yea!!!! The whole Bears def line up on the horse
trailer!!!!!!! So Qui-Long, are the Bears still overrated by your test? Still lots of FB to go though.

I am so glad I got Farvey on my starter for fantasy. I am probably going 3-1 so far.

Qui-Long Gone
10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Ah yea!!!! The whole Bears def line up on the horse
trailer!!!!!!! So Qui-Long, are the Bears still overrated by your test? Still lots of FB to go though.

I am so glad I got Farvey on my starter for fantasy. I am probably going 3-1 so far.

Curse you Da' Beirs! :frus::frus::frus::frus::frus:

The Beirs versus an flock of 10,000 eagles with lasers? All the Beirs have is Ditka, a sword, a pair of Walter Payton's shoes, and a legless Urlacher....DA BEIRS.

At least the Colts had a week off so I could not have a crummy Monday....

How hilarious was it to see the Chiefs unload on the Broncs? :D

scruffziller
10-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Curse you Da' Beirs! :frus::frus::frus::frus::frus:

The Beirs versus an flock of 10,000 eagles with lasers? All the Beirs have is Ditka, a sword, a pair of Walter Payton's shoes, and a legless Urlacher....DA BEIRS.

And alot of Chicago, Polish dumb luck. :laugh:
I take it that Bruce Wayne is training on the highest hill in Philadelphia, Qui-Long?:D

Qui-Long Gone
10-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Are you kidding? Even Phily is too dangerous for Batman!!!!:grin:

No, we moved our facility to Indianpolis to help the Colts face their great fear....the 3-4 defense and IR....:shocked:

figrin bran
10-20-2008, 10:58 PM
I wonder which version of Megatron does Calvin "Megatron" Johnson identify with?

Can't be G1 Megs, can't be Beast Wars or Beast Machines Megs so it must be the mighty Movie Megatron who got pawned by Mutt Witwicky.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Steelers win! Didn't get to see the game, of course being shown on the NotFoundLocally Network. But I earned 10 fantasy points from kicker Reed and defender Harrison. :thumbsup:

Apparently, few cared about pro football in the last month. At least not enough to post.

Qui-Long Gone
11-24-2008, 09:51 AM
I bet the Falcons sneak into the playoffs this year....that is one good rookie QB they have...

Thank god the Colts are finally winning....talk about Sunday night justice!

**I guess San Diego should have kept Turner?

pbarnard
11-24-2008, 10:04 AM
I bet the Falcons sneak into the playoffs this year....that is one good rookie QB they have...

Thank god the Colts are finally winning....talk about Sunday night justice!

**I guess San Diego should have kept Turner?

Its more a product their defense can't stop anyone because they can't generate any pressure which covers up for the adequate to poor secondary. It really is a Merriman effect with SD.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Can the Lions do it? That's a rough remaining schedule.

pbarnard
11-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Can the Lions do it? That's a rough remaining schedule.

PERFECT IN REVERSE

PERFECT IN REVERSE

PERFECT IN REVERSE

Do it just to spite Matt Millen!!! Wait, they fired him, but they should do it anyways.

Qui-Long Gone
11-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Its more a product their defense can't stop anyone because they can't generate any pressure which covers up for the adequate to poor secondary. It really is a Merriman effect with SD.

And the Sanders effect with Indy....

Slicker
11-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Oh, the Lions. Gotta love 'em. :love:

They indeed have a ridiculous schedule left. I would have to venture a guess and say they've probably got the toughest one for the rest of the season.

JetsAndHeels
11-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Hey at least the Titans are still undefea......

whoops, my bad.

Slicker
11-24-2008, 02:11 PM
It's good to see you like the Jets again. It's funny how you'd pretty much given up on 'em until they got a good QB.

JetsAndHeels
11-24-2008, 04:15 PM
It's good to see you like the Jets again. It's funny how you'd pretty much given up on 'em until they got a good QB.

I gave up on them?

Let me tell you something...I have NEVER given up on the Jets. I have complained, b!tched, etc. but never given up on them. I still go to Raleigh and watch every game at the Jets bar, I still buy merchandise. I love that team.

Not sure how complaining about a team and being dissappointed in their lackluster performance means I have given up on them. Perhaps I should have been content with a 4-12 squad last year?

Kidhuman
11-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Its great to see the Jets winning and all. Peter King is calling for an all Jersey SB in Tampa

pbarnard
11-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Its great to see the Jets winning and all. Peter King is calling for an all Jersey SB in Tampa

Would play better in Miami, but and just imagine how many people at ESPN would stroke out? Or people claiming East Coast media bias would. The chaos alone that brings makes me interested.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Oh, the Lions. Gotta love 'em. :love:

They indeed have a ridiculous schedule left. I would have to venture a guess and say they've probably got the toughest one for the rest of the season.The Cowboys have a rough one, too: home (Seahawks, Giants, Ravens) away (Steelers, Eagles). But I'd say Pittsburgh will have a tough time as well: home (Cowboys, Browns) away (Patriots, Ravens, Titans).

pbarnard
12-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Reading George Vecesy in the NY Times. Had a great line over Plaxico Burress

Burress was always a loose cannon. Now he's a loose pistol.

Read the whole thing here (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/01/sports/football/01vecsey.html)

Qui-Long Gone
12-02-2008, 04:03 PM
The Giants are like the Raiders but with better luck, a stable QB, and more wins....

How awsome have the rookies Flacco and Ryan been this season? Good for Balt and Atl.

I wonder where Donavan will end up in the off season? I hope Phily fan gets trampled walking to work today.....where's the love for the best player they've had in decades?

Co Colts, no seriously, go into the freaking inzone with the football!

DarthQuack
12-02-2008, 07:00 PM
The Giants continue to please me....11-1....I wouldn't have thought anything like this after the year we had last year....then with Strahan and Umenyora going down was a damper, but they've really stepped it up....I still get afraid to watch them, just waiting to be like the Giants I know they can be from the last few years....

Bel-Cam Jos
12-21-2008, 09:20 PM
But I'd say Pittsburgh will have a tough time as well: home (Cowboys, Browns) away (Patriots, Ravens, Titans).Won vs. Dallas, New England, and Baltimore; lost to Tennessee. Just hope no one gets hurt/fined/traded/night-club-shot to end the year in the Dog Pound. That was a flat loss to the Titans today, but it could be the best loss they've had all year, especially if they meet there again for the AFC representation in SB XLIII (it's #43 this time, right?). : payback: Don't go grinding a Terrible Towel into the ground, Mr. LD White.

So, division winners are:
NFC West: Arizona
AFC West: winner between DEN and SD next weekend
NFC North: could be Minnesota or Chicago
AFC North: Pittsburgh
NFC East: NY Giants
AFC East: could be Miami. Or New England. Or NY Jets.
NFC South: could be Atlanta or Carolina (pending tonight's game)
NFC Wild Cards: either Carolina or Atlanta, and maybe Dallas or Philadelphia
AFC Wild Cards: Indianapolis, and maybe one of the AFC East teams or Baltimore

My guesses? NFC North'll be Minn, AFC West as San Diego (with a pitiful 8-8 record), NFC South to Carolina, AFC East will go to the Jets, and the wild cards will be Atlanta and Dallas (NFC) and Indy and New England (AFC).

JetsAndHeels
12-21-2008, 09:43 PM
AFC East: could be Miami. Or New England.

There, I fixed it for you. :(

I have a bad feeling that Chad Pennington and the Dolphins are going to come into the Meadowlands next week and hand the Jets a crushing defeat.

After their horrible performance today against a 4 win team, I can't say I have alot of confidence in the Jets right now. I hope I am wrong, but it just seems like things are falling apart at the worst possible time for them.

Either way, I will be at the Jets bar rooting for them next week. I just hope the result is a good one.

Rocketboy
12-21-2008, 11:18 PM
At least the Lions didn't let me down by winning a game.

UKWildcat
12-21-2008, 11:44 PM
I feel sorry for Calvin Johnson... he is an incredible player on an atrocious team.

CaptainSolo1138
12-21-2008, 11:49 PM
At least the Lions didn't let me down by winning a game.
...yet. They still have to not get through GB next week. They haven't won there since '91, so the odds are certainly in the Packers' favor.

UKWildcat
12-21-2008, 11:57 PM
I wonder what 2-1B thinks of Detroit's record? I know he was pulling for Miami last year to go 0-16, but was upset there towards the end.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-22-2008, 11:28 AM
I wonder what 2-1B thinks of Detroit's record? I know he was pulling for Miami last year to go 0-16, but was upset there towards the end.Yeah, only way that won't happen is based on the key word "upset." Wonder what the betting line will be on GB vs. DET? Would anyone bet on the Lions?

pbarnard
12-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Yes, they would bet on the Lions. This is a franchise where if they lose, they'd get the number one draft pick (and chose another wide receiver), yet they win the game and end up with a third through fifth pick. They could go down in history. But they'll find a way to blow it and become just another 1 victory only team and not hold a record for futility.

Also, anyone watch the OT where Fox over reacted to the Rod Miranelli's press conference and the on going joke he has with Rod Parker about he wished his daughter married a better defensive coordinator? It's going on two seasons. Of course, this is the same group of people who still think Matt Millen wasn't part of the problem either.

jjreason
12-23-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm sad for both the Lions & the Raiders - 2 senile old men are costing the NFL a couple of competitive teams. At least the Raiders appear to have some talent sitting there where the Lions don't.... maybe the league does need to step in.

What action can the NFL take, though?

Aside: somehow, some way, the Bears keep lingering.... :thumbsup:

pbarnard
12-23-2008, 10:48 AM
What action can the NFL take, though?

Not much. Only if ownership seems to be battling itself. That is why the Mara family ended up with the Giants (the owners group way back when was fighting). It could work with the Raiders. Al Davis is head of a group of people where no one has more than a 30% stake according to reports. Problem is the economy. Very few have the funds to buy out the rest/team at "fair value".

Rocketboy
12-23-2008, 11:06 AM
The Lions took a step in the right direction earlier this season by firing GM Matt Millen.
It won't/hasn't helped this year, but its a start.
What they really need to do is scrap most of the team and personnel and treat the next few years like the Lions are an expansion team (even though expansion teams win a couple of games).
Over the last 15+ years the Lions owner (William Clay Ford) had no motivation to improve the team because, despite being terrible, they still sold out every single game, Lions merchandise was selling well, and they had many potential future superstars (even though they all ended up busts). Ford laughed all the way to the bank.
This year, most of the games that were televised were all away games. There just a few home games that weren't blacked-out.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-23-2008, 11:13 AM
What action can the NFL take, though? Well, the newest NFL Commish has shown that he'll make tough decisions that are best for the league, so maybe he'll "convince" them to improve. How? I don't know.

Kidhuman
12-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Browns Lions and Jets all fire coaches yesterday. Cowher states we is intersted in talking to the Jets. Sign him now.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-30-2008, 09:47 AM
All four road teams playing this weekend are "favored" to win. I can agree with Atlanta over Arizona, the Ravens beating up the Phins, or Indy over SD, but will Philly really beat the Vikes at home? All "warm weather" games, as a TV person mentioned (either outdoors in the south or a dome), in January, too.

JetsAndHeels
12-30-2008, 09:54 AM
It depends on which Vikings team comes to play....if it features the Adrian Peterson who has had fumbling problems as of late then it might be tough.

He had a decent game Sunday but still he had fumble-itis and it came right down to the wire on that FG to beat the Gints.

Tycho
01-04-2009, 12:45 AM
S A N D I E G O !!!

Sproules
Rivers
Gates
Tomlinson

JetsAndHeels
01-04-2009, 12:50 AM
The play that really did Indy in was the sack that put them back at their 1 on 4th down. Although Hunter Smith made a great punt, that series seemed to be what gave SD the momentum from then on into OT.

Tycho, SD's punter Scifires (sp) needs to get some props for his game tonight also...several key punts that put the Colts deep in their own territory.

So far both home teams have won...honestly I am a bit surprised (especially with Arizona's win over the Falcons).

Bel-Cam Jos
01-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Tycho, SD's punter Scifires (sp) needs to get some props for his game tonight also...several key punts that put the Colts deep in their own territory.

So far both home teams have won...honestly I am a bit surprised (especially with Arizona's win over the Falcons).I didn't wait to see: did NBC do their Housetrailer photos? It sounded like Scifres (who must be a distant relative of Bret Farve/Favre :p ) would get it.

The fact that all the home teams were underdogs would work perfectly for the over-used "everybody's disrespecting us" (and BTW, disrespect is a noun, not a verb :Englishteacher: :pleased: ) line.

But I do hope that Baltimore takes out Miami, so SD goes to Pittsburgh, where all the injuries to the Chargers are too much to overcome, and Baltimore slugs it out with Tennessee, and a tired Ravens team comes to the Steelers and the Terrible Towel Wavers see a 5-3 overtime thriller.

Oh, and some NFC teams will probably win and lose, too. :tired:

JetsAndHeels
01-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I didn't wait to see: did NBC do their Housetrailer photos? It sounded like Scifres (who must be a distant relative of Bret Farve/Favre :p ) would get it.

Yes, they did the Horse trailer...and Scifres made it on there, along with Darren Sproles.

2-1B
01-11-2009, 02:20 AM
I wonder what 2-1B thinks of Detroit's record? I know he was pulling for Miami last year to go 0-16, but was upset there towards the end.

I almost cried tears of joy when they ended up 0-16 !!!!! :cry:

That was a magical season, a dream come true. :grin:

Slicker
01-11-2009, 03:24 AM
Thems is my Lions! I really hope they get a WR with the first pick! They haven't done that in the past 4 years!

2-1B
01-11-2009, 04:28 AM
I hope they win the Super Bowl next year, I honestly do...I really love them for going 0-16, I'm not even joking. I wish them all the luck in the world next season.

If they aren't going to to the Super Bowl though, then another 0-16 season would be very good, so good luck either way.

Slicker
01-11-2009, 06:06 AM
I just hope they get a few wins next year. It's be nice to get another playoff win. But that's being overambitious.

Kidhuman
01-11-2009, 09:07 AM
I think the Lions will be 5-11 next year. There mistake was benching Kitna this year

Bel-Cam Jos
01-11-2009, 09:41 AM
I think the Lions will be 5-11 next year. There mistake was benching Kitna this yearI thought he was IRd due to injury.

So, could it be an Arizona/Pittsburgh matchup in SB XLIII? It's for what I'm hoping. :frus: :pleased:

JetsAndHeels
01-11-2009, 12:37 PM
So, could it be an Arizona/Pittsburgh matchup in SB XLIII? It's for what I'm hoping. :frus: :pleased:

A Carolina/Pittsburgh super bowl would have been great. Too bad Jake Delhomme didn't get the memo yesterday that his players were wearing the black jerseys.
It really sucks too, I wanted to see the Panthers do well.

If Philly wins today the NFC Championship game will be hosted by the Arizona Cardinals. How about that....

Kidhuman
01-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I thought he was IRd due to injury.

He was, but they were also trying to trade him right before they did it, so take it for whats it worth

Tycho
01-11-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm going to watch the Chargers play today. I hope they'll win, too.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-12-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm going to watch the Chargers play today. I hope they'll win, too.If the Steelers can beat Baltimore a third time this weekend, this recent game'll exercise the demons from '94 for me. Heres' to going for six (One For the Thumb... of the Six-Fingered Man) rings.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-19-2009, 10:09 AM
[waving Terrible Towel] "Pittsburgh's going to the Super Bowl." Could #43 be MVP of SB XLIII? (I know that Jim Nance of CBS was waiting to us that idea all game, and when Polamalu [sp?] INT'd Flacco it set him up perfectly). That was a black and blue Black and Gold game. Get healthy, guys, and go out and do the same to the Red Birds of the Gridiron! :thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
01-22-2009, 02:22 PM
My early pick

Cards 24 (Kurt Warner throws 6 touchdowns but all of them are reviewed and the NFL only grants him the three plus a field goal).

Steelers 21 (Big Ben gets knocked down a lot but manages to make major plays including two very controversial calls, one of which favors the Steelers on a fourth down and one that bits them in the butt to seal the Cards win).

*In a stunning move after the game, the Steelers fire Tomlin for the loss and hire Tom Brady, who despite almost coming back for the Patriots, finishes the Patriots improbable Superbowl bad luck with a hat trick by retiring.....)

pbarnard
01-22-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm torn between a 2X-0 for the Steelers or a 19-16 game where they move it between the 20s but kick field goals in which case I take Cardinals covering the spread. Either way, I want to go side bet. Larry Fitzgerald will have 11 catches for over 147 yards.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-22-2009, 07:08 PM
No, no. You're all wrong. Jeff Reed is the first K to be selected MVP (2 FGs, both over 50 yards, 4 special teams tackles, 1 rush for 7 yards and a first down, 1/1 passing for 6 yards and a first down) in the Steelers' 8-7 Super Bowl XLIII victory. There. I said it. Just wait until it comes true, and you can just give me the prize from the New Contest! thread. :pleased:

Tycho
01-23-2009, 06:41 AM
If the score is going to be that close it may very well be a frustrating, boring game.

pbarnard
01-23-2009, 08:18 AM
If the score is going to be that close it may very well be a frustrating, boring game.

...For TV (and the casual fan). Course, they already had a whole bunch of scores in the lows teens and single digits that had never happened before in the history of the NFL. So could be.

Tycho
01-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Going to live NFL games is so expensive (for only 3 hours entertainment not counting any tailgate party).

But your comment "for TV" made me think of that. I only watch 2 sports: NFL and MLB - but viewing live games at the stadium is a so much more fulfilling experience - any day with MLB.

Many times it's better to watch NFL on TV rather than in the stadium (depending upon where you're able to buy seats).

TeeEye7
01-24-2009, 07:06 PM
NFL = National Felons League

:worthless:

Mad Slanted Powers
01-25-2009, 03:53 PM
This year seems to be for the birds. Four of the five teams with bird mascots made the playoffs, and three of them made the conference finals. So, we were guaranteed a bird team in the final. With Philadelphia and Arizona both in the NFC championship, a Pittsburgh win in the AFC championship guaranteed that they would be facing one of the teams they merged with back in the 40's. Card-Pitt was one of the worst teams of all time.

I'm rooting for the Cardinals since they've never won it before, or even been there before. Their last championship was over 60 years ago when they were still in Chicago.

Qui-Long Gone
01-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Mad Powers, I was thinking the same thing too.....except for Seattle, the bird teams faired well this postseason......

This season was not a great one for horses....the Cowboys and Broncs tanked before the playoffs and the Colt's late season dominance once again amounted to nothing.....

Pirates and Indians also tanked....Chiefs, Bucs, Raiders, and Redskins.....

And felines were REALLY BAD too...Jags, Cin, and the Lions were three of the worst....only Carolina represented the cats well (except in the division playoffs)....

Mad Slanted Powers
01-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Yes, a bad year for the kitties.

I think the Chargers can be thrown in with the horses. I know they used to have a secondary logo that had a horse on it.

QLD
01-27-2009, 09:42 PM
As a Falcons season ticket holder for several years, I can say, for once I am proud of, and actually have high expectations for the future of this team.

pbarnard
01-28-2009, 08:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3861669
The anual Madden Simulation was done. Pittsburgh 28 Arizona 24.

Slicker
01-28-2009, 09:09 AM
John Madden is the anti-christ.

Now you see that guy? He's called the center. He got that name because he's in the center. BOOM!

Qui-Long Gone
01-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Hilarious!

DarthQuack
01-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Anyone having any big Superbowl parties?

Qui-Long Gone
01-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Sort of, but it's for the teens in our church so it will be more "Superbowl" and less "party."

Having two small kids puts a damper on your ability to party, and I only care for a Superbowl party if it's heavy on the chips, dips, and wings.

pbarnard
01-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Since we're the "married" couple, we tend to host the single people, mostly Chinese grad students, for holidays and what not. We've acquired quite the bit of alcohol between Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Chinese New Year. Our plans are to drink it all and have nachos/tacos and wings. Since we all live within 4 blocks of each other, no need to drive.

Slicker
01-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Some tacos and wings sound delicious! We got Monday off (since I work nights and come in on Sunday I got Sunday off and have to work Monday) so that just shows that the Super Bowl is a national holiday.

JetsAndHeels
01-30-2009, 11:02 AM
The Monday after the Super Bowl should be a holiday.

UKWildcat
01-30-2009, 11:20 AM
The Monday after the Super Bowl should be a holiday.

I agree... thankfully I don't work on Mondays, so I have nothing to worry about. :D

DarthQuack
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Same here, got Monday's and Tuesday's off.

JetsAndHeels
01-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Well you all suck. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
01-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Anyone having any big Superbowl parties?Nothing BIG, but it'll be mainly Pittsburgh fans. Only an hour and a half of pre-game time, though. :zzz: I'm bringing the dark-brown-and-yellow-only M&Ms, dipping the strawberries in dark chocolate (so no Cardinals red shows) with blackberries and pineapple as the main fruits in a platter, and bringing my Terrible Towel with various other paraphenalia (whisper, whisper). No, NO! Not THAT kind! Fan apparel, hats, pins, etc. That stuff!

Oh, and I hope the Steelers win. :pleased:

2-1B
02-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Go Cardinals.

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Go Cardinals.

If they win I am going to the nearest convenience store and buying as many lotto tickets as I can.

2-1B
02-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Exactly, plus it just means the tragic effects of 2012 are bound to occur much, much sooner. :D

figrin bran
02-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Argh, a bit fewer holding and roughing the passer, roughing the holder calls and we'd be looking at the Cardinals as Super Bowl champs. (as apocalyptic as that might sound).

Kidhuman
02-01-2009, 09:16 PM
What a freakin game. I thought the Cards would actually pull it out.

Kidhuman
02-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Argh, a bit fewer holding and roughing the passer, roughing the holder calls and we'd be looking at the Cardinals as Super Bowl champs. (as apocalyptic as that might sound).

That roughing the passer was BS, even Michaels and Madden stated so.

If Warner doesnt throw that INT. its the cards game. 14 point swing.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Great game. We actually have a pretty good run of having some competitive games. For quite a while, it had become kind of a running joke that Super Bowls were always blowouts, but there hasn't been one in 6 years when Tampa Bay beat Oakland.

Slicker
02-01-2009, 11:30 PM
It's really disgusting over here. Just walking to the boat I've seen at least a dozen people with Steelers stuff on. :rolleyes: I just LOVE fair weather fans!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DarthQuack
02-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Yea, I could care less about either team the rest of the year, but man, the Cardinals, I thought, got hosed. Pittsburgh only had 7 penalties for 56 yards and the Cards 11 for 106? Are you kidding me? How many times did I see Steeler players throwing punches too? That chump Harrison should have gotten ejected for that one shove/punch he did. And can Hines Ward be any more annoying smiling after every play? He threw a punch as well if I remember correctly.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-02-2009, 08:29 AM
I only had a problem with that one roughing the passer call on the Cardinals. It might have made a difference. I don't think they got hosed as much as the Seahawks did three years ago.

TeeEye7
02-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Alright. Now we can concentrate on something more important like the Lord Stanley's Cup!

DarthQuack
02-02-2009, 11:43 AM
How long before we grow our :beard:

pbarnard
02-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I liked one half of the pirate boat crew. Mike Holmgren was great as an analyst. His explanations on how Arizona was using their running backs to neutralize Woodly and Harrison was particuarlly well nuanced. I could do without Matt Millen. He was constantly talking over Tony Dungy, and Dungy's too nice a man to say "Shut up, A$$hole, I've won more games in 2 years than you did in 10 or whatever you screwed up in Detriot." That being said, because Dungy is so soft spoken, he's not good for TV. If Holmgren doesn't want to coach anymore, he should get a TV gig really fast.

Qui-Long Gone
02-02-2009, 03:45 PM
The running game is what wins for Pittsburgh, not the QB. Ben does handle it well, but he isnt worth 12 million a year for a QB.

Well, I guess that issue is settled.....

pbarnard
02-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Well, I guess that issue is settled.....

I keep trying to look at the stats, but the last time I can ever find Pittsburgh in the top 10, much less top 5 overall rushing teams was the early Jerome Bettis years.

Qui-Long Gone
02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
I will say it was the running game that one Cower's Superbowl, not Big Ben, but no question it was Ben and not the running attack that won last night.

I'm no Steeler fan (go Colts....no, seriously, go get a better defense and running game), but Ben is like Bradshaw....THEY WIN SUPERBOWLS.

Having said that, I thought Kurt Warner played like a champ last night and it would have been sweet if he had won after torching the Steelers with Fitz.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-02-2009, 07:15 PM
I won't be naive and say that all the refs calls were carp (I agree that the roughing the passer "push" was weak, but so were some of the holdings on Pitt), because there are missed calls in every game. I thought the review of the 1st quarter TD was a bogus one, just as I thought they should've at least mentioned they'd already checked with replay on that last fumble/incompletion.

Still, the first to six SBs is sweet. I wanted the trademarked line to be Six-cess or One For the Thumb of the Six-Fingered Man (inconceivable for that last one? :D ). Steelers dominate winning the 0 and 3 year Super Bowls (X, XIII, XL, XLIII).

Here's to the Pirates pulling a Cardinals and losing in the World Series this year. :Pirate: