PDA

View Full Version : Rumor List!

Battle Droid
02-05-2008, 08:12 PM
From, http://potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12901

Its rumor time again I suppose. I got an email just now from a source in China with a list of figures that they were expecting to have this year. The list had a bunch of stuff we already have heard about but there was an interesting heading for Clone Wars with these 19 names under it:

Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Yoda
Federation Battle Droid
R2-D2
Captain Rex
General Grievous
Clone Trooper
Ahsoka with Rotta the Hutt
Count Dooku
Commander Cody
Oddball
Super Battle Droid
Clone Trooper
C-3PO
Kit Fisto
Asajj Ventress
Destroyer Droid
IG-series Assasin Droid

Jedi_Kal-El
02-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Are there any photos of Cody in phase 1 armor? It would seem wierd for him to have his ROTS armor while all the others have the older style.

Not a bad list, though I have most of those in figure form already. I really hope they aren't animated. If so that's 19 figures I'm going to pass up.

IG Assasin Droid. Repaint of IG-88 or Ig Lancer?

Blue2th
02-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Commander Cody in Phase 1 armor (my favorite) would be totally rad!

You know Grievous has to be made for Clone Wars, I just hope it's a new retooled larger figure.

Everything save Ahoka with Rotta the Hutt and Oddball (??) were kinda expected. Though I've been reading some thread here at SSG about a baby Hutt.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2008, 11:11 PM
I heard a rumor that they're going to be making clones in this line. I wonder if that's true? :rolleyes:

This isn't really a rumor list so much as it is a list of characters we know will be in the show and were shoo-ins for the line.

Blue2th, Oddball was the clone pilot that flies with Obi-Wan and Anakin in the beginning of ROTS.

Rocketboy
02-05-2008, 11:40 PM
There's also a rumor that the Jedi will have lightsabers.

El Chuxter
02-05-2008, 11:45 PM
I heard a rumour. They say you have a broken heart.

Maradona
02-08-2008, 10:23 PM
You know Grievous has to be made for Clone Wars, I just hope it's a new retooled larger figure.

Well said! We need a properly scaled Grievous.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-08-2008, 10:36 PM
I heard a rumour. They say you have a broken heart.

Whatever happend to them? Much better than the Spice Girls.

Well said! We need a properly scaled Grievous.

With split apart arms. That would be great if they could pull it off.

DarkJedi5
02-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Not a bad list, though I have most of those in figure form already. I really hope they aren't animated. If so that's 19 figures I'm going to pass up.

I'm pretty sure I read in one of the Q&A sessions that Hasbro is not planning on doing any figures in the animated style. Now I was pretty sure that meant even for the new CW line. It seems like if they do it in the animated style a lot of collectors will skip them but if they don't make them unique no one is going to buy it just because it's on a new card. If Hasbro wants this line to succeed they all have to be new figures, right?

Sinscia Fat'o
02-12-2008, 05:55 PM
If i recall right they said the line would be realistic and not animated because it would confuse people about whats what...personally i don't think we need animated styled figures...they were cool but not something i want to make apart of my collection...so i hope they do realistic style here with these espically with the new characters bound to show up here and there.

Blue2th
02-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Please no "animated style" leave that to the maquette companies like Gentle Giant. Or other Hasbro lines like Galactic Heroes and (ugh!)Mugs. Or even Legos.
I don't like the mixing of the two styles.
There is enough animated crap out there already. I mean we even get animated OTC maquettes that never appeared on any kind of film TV or comics! (While I bought the Clone Wars maquettes, I never bought any of these)
They need to stay on track with their answer they gave in the Q&A.
It would be too confusing to collectors, and possibly a big turn-off for most of us who want to integrate them with all the previous non-animated Clone Wars figures and vehicles we already have.
Not to mention all the hundreds of non-animated OTC, Prequel, and EU figures and Vehicles we also have...and uhh, the numerous non-animated characters we just got from 2007 TAC that were based on the 2D cartoon.
It just doesn't seem logical to change it now.
The 2008 TAC Clone Wars wave 3 that was previewed and based on the 2D cartoon do not look animated to me at all. I don't know what people think they are seeing, or want to see.

I hope Toy Fair finally puts this stupid rumor to rest once and for all.

jedi master sal
02-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Please no "animated style" leave that to the maquette companies like Gentle Giant. Or other Hasbro lines like Galactic Heroes and (ugh!)Mugs. Or even Legos.
I don't like the mixing of the two styles.
There is enough animated crap out there already. I mean we even get animated OTC maquettes that never appeared on any kind of film TV or comics! (While I bought the Clone Wars maquettes, I never bought any of these)
They need to stay on track with their answer they gave in the Q&A.
It would be too confusing to collectors, and possibly a big turn-off for most of us who want to integrate them with all the previous non-animated Clone Wars figures and vehicles we already have.
Not to mention all the hundreds of non-animated OTC, Prequel, and EU figures and Vehicles we also have...and uhh, the numerous non-animated characters we just got from 2007 TAC that were based on the 2D cartoon.
It just doesn't seem logical to change it now.
The 2008 TAC Clone Wars wave 3 that was previewed and based on the 2D cartoon do not look animated to me at all. I don't know what people think they are seeing, or want to see.

I hope Toy Fair finally puts this stupid rumor to rest once and for all.

I agree with you on all points!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-12-2008, 07:50 PM
I agree with you on all points!

I second that agreement on all points!

El Chuxter
02-12-2008, 08:01 PM
I'll start my own rumor list!!

Sex-Change Anakin Skywalker
Overly Angular Obi-Wan Kenobi
Blatant Tartakovksy Ripoff Yoda
Captain Rex: Not The Starspeeder 3000 Pilot
Anakin's Never-Before-Revealed Padawan: "Hit Me Baby One More Time" Video Shoot
Jabba's Never-Before-Revealed Son
R2-D2's Never-Before-Revealed Daughter
C-3PO's Never-Before-Revealed Husband
Padme's Never-Before-Revealed Third Kid
Rick McCallum's Never-Before-Revealed Talent
Jocasta Nu's Never-Before-Revealed Pimp
Agen Kolar's Never-Before-Revealed Inside Jacket Pocket
And, of course:
Clonetroopers (Now in 5,874 variations! Collect them all, and send in all the UPC's to get the 5,875th!)

Jedi_Kal-El
02-12-2008, 08:44 PM
I'll start my own rumor list!!

Sex-Change Anakin Skywalker
Overly Angular Obi-Wan Kenobi
Blatant Tartakovksy Ripoff Yoda
Captain Rex: Not The Starspeeder 3000 Pilot
Anakin's Never-Before-Revealed Padawan: "Hit Me Baby One More Time" Video Shoot
Jabba's Never-Before-Revealed Son
R2-D2's Never-Before-Revealed Daughter
C-3PO's Never-Before-Revealed Husband
Padme's Never-Before-Revealed Third Kid
Rick McCallum's Never-Before-Revealed Talent
Jocasta Nu's Never-Before-Revealed Pimp
Agen Kolar's Never-Before-Revealed Inside Jacket Pocket
And, of course:
Clonetroopers (Now in 5,874 variations! Collect them all, and send in all the UPC's to get the 5,875th!)

Look for these and other awesome characters coming to a store in 2010!

Oh and don't forget Disco Dooku Chux. No collection is complete without him.

jedi master sal
02-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Look for these and other awesome characters coming to a store in 2010!

Oh and don't forget Disco Dooku Chux. No collection is complete without him.

And McPimpin' R2!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-12-2008, 11:15 PM
And McPimpin' R2!

Didn't they show him off at Comic Con last year? Loved all the bling and the big fro.

DarkJedi5
02-12-2008, 11:28 PM
I was reading on a rumor list on jedidefender that they will be mostly animated. Here's what their rumor list says, "The Clone Wars Figures look to be proportioned and articulated to the standards of the basic line. Lots of super articulation, nice sculpts, just that the heads are in the 'animated style' compared to the more realistic sculpts". Feel free to check out the rest of their posting. I guess it is just a rumor list....

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1202706000,66851,

Blue2th
02-13-2008, 12:00 AM
I was reading on a rumor list on jedidefender that they will be mostly animated. Here's what their rumor list says, "The Clone Wars Figures look to be proportioned and articulated to the standards of the basic line. Lots of super articulation, nice sculpts, just that the heads are in the 'animated style' compared to the more realistic sculpts". Feel free to check out the rest of their posting. I guess it is just a rumor list....

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1202706000,66851,
I read it, I don't think it's a good idea. What do I know?
Why do this? http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/tac08-wave3.jpg then change the head style to an animated one. Stranger things have happened. I just don't get it. Talk about confusion.

El Chuxter
02-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Maybe the semi-animated ones are for the new Clone Wars show, and these nice realistic ones are for the real Clone Wars show.

Blue2th
02-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Maybe the semi-animated ones are for the new Clone Wars show, and these nice realistic ones are for the real Clone Wars show.
"semi-animated" what a concept. That's just great. We get realistic Star Wars super-articulated bodies with "Bratz" or "Littlest Pet Shop" heads. :ninja:

DarkJedi5
02-13-2008, 01:16 AM
I think this idea is dumb dumb dumb. I didn't buy any of the "old" animated style figures and don't intent to buy any of the new style figures either. Between these and TFU figs I don't know if I'm going to be buying all that many figures this year.

jedi master sal
02-13-2008, 09:55 AM
I read it, I don't think it's a good idea. What do I know?
Why do this? http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/tac08-wave3.jpg then change the head style to an animated one. Stranger things have happened. I just don't get it. Talk about confusion.

See, from the get go on this wave I thought the Scuba trooper looked semi-animated. Certainly the helmet did to me. As well the armored Saesee looked a little animated.

The Saesee isn't bad though, and I think I can get around the Scuba trooper.

But to have actual heads in the animated style, bleh....I don't want them.

I DID buy the CW cartoon figs from before, but that was KNOWING there was another movie and that Hasbro wouldn't go to the style forever.

This NEW cartoon has me thinking Hasbro WILL go to a "semi-animated" style. If anything to sell more figures. However, I think that's going to backfire on them with many collectors. Most of us just don't want to collect these characters all over again, so animated would be OUT from the onset. So at the least, leaving them in the completely realistic style, we'd at least pick up the NEW characters from the cartoon. Better some than NONE, imo.

Toy Fair really can't get here fast enough to answer these questions definitively.

I've already staked my claim to the computer Sat night and Sunday. I expect SSG to represent...but I'll be checking out many of the major sites that day for any and every pic taken of the new stuff.

The biggest questions being anything to do with the AT-TE (to me anyway).

-Sal

Blue2th
02-13-2008, 10:35 AM
See, from the get go on this wave I thought the Scuba trooper looked semi-animated. Certainly the helmet did to me. As well the armored Saesee looked a little animated.

The Saesee isn't bad though, and I think I can get around the Scuba trooper.

But to have actual heads in the animated style, bleh....I don't want them.

I DID buy the CW cartoon figs from before, but that was KNOWING there was another movie and that Hasbro wouldn't go to the style forever.

This NEW cartoon has me thinking Hasbro WILL go to a "semi-animated" style. If anything to sell more figures. However, I think that's going to backfire on them with many collectors. Most of us just don't want to collect these characters all over again, so animated would be OUT from the onset. So at the least, leaving them in the completely realistic style, we'd at least pick up the NEW characters from the cartoon. Better some than NONE, imo.

Toy Fair really can't get here fast enough to answer these questions definitively.

I've already staked my claim to the computer Sat night and Sunday. I expect SSG to represent...but I'll be checking out many of the major sites that day for any and every pic taken of the new stuff.

The biggest questions being anything to do with the AT-TE (to me anyway).

-Sal
Now I agree with you on all points.

I think that the helmet on the Scuba Trooper and the armor could be mistaken as semi-animated, but the heads there is no way just by looking at Obi-Wan and Padme, so I thought the animated question was finally answered for sure.

I too bought the animated figures for Clone Wars One, and I liked them, but knowing they wouldn't continue to do them that way, which is a relief.

I also think that this will backfire on them with collectors, because these figures won't be consistent with the numerous non-animated Clone Wars figures and vehicles we already have and enjoy. For the first time I think, I will probably not buy the main-line of 3.75 Star Wars figures if this happens.

BTW: I had no idea Toy Fair was this weekend, was so upset by the Jedi-defender rumor, I posed the "semi-animated" question in the Q&A....duh the point is mute then. JT will ixnay that one. :cross-eye

Jedi_Kal-El
02-13-2008, 04:31 PM
CURSE YOU HASBRO!!!!!! I don't want semi-animated. They should just have 2 heads for each figure, so you can go you own way with them. Makes more sense than repacking them with realistic heads a year down the road(which is probably what they'll end up doing).

El Chuxter
02-13-2008, 04:37 PM
I hate to sound negative, and I know that a lot of people are going to think I am being negative, but I rather appreciate Hasbro for making these in realistic/animated hybrid form. Since they won't really go with either my realistic figures or my animated ones, it makes it much easier to pass on them.

jedi master sal
02-13-2008, 05:17 PM
I hate to sound negative, and I know that a lot of people are going to think I am being negative, but I rather appreciate Hasbro for making these in realistic/animated hybrid form. Since they won't really go with either my realistic figures or my animated ones, it makes it much easier to pass on them.

Oh, I get that Chux, really I do. just wish they'd choose ONE direction. Animated and I'm done. Relaistic and I'm still in. Mix of the two and most likely I'm still done.

I was talking with my fiancee yesterday about the second head pack-in. She hit it on the head as I had thought too...Why would Hasbro do that when they can sell the whole figure again, just so we can have a realistic head?

Unfortunately, some people are going to panic that Hasbro will never make these characters in the realistic style so they'll buy the animated ones "just in case."

I guess I must be getting old and tired....I'm just not as excited about collecting SW as I used to be-Army building cut by 75%, overall SW collecting budget cut in half...the writing is on the wall... Animated style figures or half-breeds there of will only further to diminish my interest in collecting SW. And I know I'm not alone.

-Sal

Jedi_Kal-El
02-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Sal, you just said everything I was thinking bud. I think I'm gonna pass on these since I think it may be a safe bet that they do re-release them with realistic heads. Hey a bit more cash to get one more AT-TE. Every cloud does have a silver lineing. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jedi master sal
02-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Sal, you just said everything I was thinking bud. I think I'm gonna pass on these since I think it may be a safe bet that they do re-release them with realistic heads. Hey a bit more cash to get one more AT-TE. Every cloud does have a silver lineing. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Agreed!

Heck I still have Greivous's starfighter and 3 AT-APs to get....

So I'll be okay with holding back on figures.

We'll know by Saturday night, Sunday at the latest.