PDA

View Full Version : Why the price increase?

joshephe
02-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Why did Walmart increase the price the titanium ships to 6.78? Target and Toysrus that i have checked still have the price below 6 dollars.

Beast
02-07-2008, 11:03 AM
All toys are going to be hit with a price increase this year, due to all the recalls in '07.

Kidhuman
02-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I went to WM today and got the new titaniums, bought 8, 1 set for me and one for Slicker. They were ringing up at 6.76 each. I told the cashier tat Target had them for 5.89 each. She said she couldnt price match because it wasnt in their ad. I basically called Shenanigans all the way up top the manager. She said she had to call Target and find out the price. She then tried to carry all 8 of them and I said she only needs one as they are a line and all the same price. She huffed and puffed then walked away. She came back about 5-10 minutes later saying to price match them. She gave me a *****y a** look and walked off. I win.

JediTricks
02-07-2008, 09:30 PM
I think it's simply because of price increases for materials (ZAMAC is going up because zinc is on the rise) and the US economy in recession, oh, and Hasbro's raising the price on all their non-main-line SW items for some reason.

Hasbro wasn't hit with recalls last year, but the new testing standards may cost them extra anyway.

Beast
02-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah, it's the testing standards. Which is gonna drive up all prices.

JediTricks
02-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Because what this failing business model really needed during a recession was increased prices.

timmae
02-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Because what this failing business model really needed during a recession was increased prices.

thats what i was complaining about myself. 7.48 for a regular figure with tax here. kinda helps you cut back. especially since i'm a carded collector and starcase everything...add another 1.75 for the case. let em keep raising the prices, we'll get great stuff on clearance. mom's are not going to buy their heathens little action figures at that price...ha ha hasbro.

Kidhuman
02-08-2008, 10:39 PM
I have seen moms buy them for their kids. They get one figure with their allowance each week. They get a few on B-days and christmas, so it balances out.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-09-2008, 08:08 AM
I havnt seen any price increases at Target either, but at the same time they have not had anything really new except Mighty Mugs so they might be waiting for some fresh stock to go though the system, I don't know. I hope not really, because other places are stating to get rediculous on their pricing.

JediTricks
02-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Target's the only store that has had new Titaniums in my neck of the woods, and thankfully they haven't raised the price on these again the way WM did.

El Chuxter
02-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Target is now more than K-Mart on the comics packs, at $12.99. Strangely, these are the same exact ones that were $9.99 six weeks ago. And the GIJoe comics packs are still $9.99. True, they don't have a licensing fee for those, but they are commissioning new covers, which they're not doing on the SW comics.