PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Play Rewards program

El Chuxter
02-08-2008, 02:12 AM
Looks like any purchases of SW and Transformers between now and March 23 are eligible for a rebate of sorts:

http://www.hasbro.com/playrewards/?CMP=ILC-playrewardsint&site=hasbro&adtype=140

This might actually make me buy some stuff I was on the fence about. Sadly, though, GIJoe and Marvel (aside from Spider-Man) don't appear to count for some odd reason.

Kidhuman
02-08-2008, 07:13 AM
I am all over it. HEHEHEHE

Jayspawn
02-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Sounds like Jedi Master Points to me.

Snowtrooper
02-08-2008, 01:35 PM
I think alot of us here buy enough to earn the $50 no prob.

Kidhuman
02-08-2008, 03:30 PM
I bought 60 bucks worth yesterday alone, more than 1/3 there.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-08-2008, 03:38 PM
With what I spend on stuff, I think this is do-able

JediTricks
02-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I sent this link to Steve, he'll be putting it in the news at some point soon.

I bought $40 worth just the other day. Their rules are a little convoluted but I think I can work within them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-08-2008, 10:19 PM
I tried to get the pdf file to open but it wouldn't work, so I'm not sure what this exactly is. Do you have to buy things online, or what?

Kidhuman
02-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Save your receipts JJL.

JediTricks
02-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Basically, you send in your Hasbro receipts dated 2-1 to the late March end date, marking down where and when you bought them, and you get store credit for more.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Okay, sounds good. Just a point of clarification, though - if the item isn't in the list on the Hasbro site, but is still a Star Wars item, it's eligible, right? And do you have to do a new list for each store or time or what?

JediTricks
02-09-2008, 08:27 PM
I dunno about that participating items list, that's weird the way they did it. I'm gonna send in any products I buy from Hasbro in the next month and a half and they can tell me to go to hell if they want to try.

The redemption form has a slot for the store (singular) you bought the items from, but there is some statement about multiple stores in the details. It's not quite clear enough.

Kidhuman
02-09-2008, 09:45 PM
The list goes all the way back to ROTS stuff. Whatever is out there now is on the list.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-09-2008, 10:00 PM
The list goes all the way back to ROTS stuff. Whatever is out there now is on the list.
The 2008 stuff isn't, apart from the AT-AP and Grievous's ship.

JediTricks
02-10-2008, 10:02 PM
The 2008 stuff isn't, apart from the AT-AP and Grievous's ship.They actually weren't on the list when I checked, those are the only pieces I've bought since 2/1.

Kidhuman
02-10-2008, 11:19 PM
I think they are using only the stuff listed on the website for the most part. None of the newer stuff even titaniums arent on there.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2008, 10:08 PM
I looked at it again today and they had wave 1 on there, so I'm thinking they're going to be more flexible with that list - none of the Evolutions or newest comic packs are there, for instance, but I don't see why they wouldn't accept those.

So far, I think I have about $60 worth of stuff. I should just buy all the Evolutions, Comic Packs, and whatever Legends stuff I can find; I'm gonna get it eventually anyway so I may as well get some free stuff for it, eh?

Kidhuman
03-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Damn it, I threw my Ep1 receipt away.

What are you guys doing for target receipts? They only use the DCPI on there with no upc's.

figrin bran
03-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Damn it, I threw my Ep1 receipt away.

What are you guys doing for target receipts? They only use the DCPI on there with no upc's.

Most of my purchases were from Target anyhow. I'm copying the UPC numbers from the package. The scary thing is that I've already enough to qualify for the maximum $50 reward.

Kidhuman
03-06-2008, 10:40 PM
I have plenty enough to qualify for the 50 bucks, I just wanted to know what you guys were doing/had done for that situation.

figrin bran
03-06-2008, 10:45 PM
KH, this is totally unconfirmed info, especially considering the forum where I read it from but if any of those purchases were from HTS, Hasbro might send you a coupon that's good only at HTS. Also some are claiming that the coupons are only good for one purchase so you have to use all $50 or whatever at one shot but that's also unconfirmed.

El Chuxter
03-06-2008, 11:29 PM
About the only Hasbro stuff I've bought recently was the Evolutions set and some Joes. All ineligible. :(

figrin bran
03-07-2008, 12:51 AM
About the only Hasbro stuff I've bought recently was the Evolutions set and some Joes. All ineligible. :(

Hasbro mentioned in one of the Q&A's (I forget which site) that all 08 SW product is eligible. The Joes are a different story, though.

JediTricks
03-07-2008, 01:21 AM
I'll be sending in all my receipts from Feb through March 27th, except for the Titanium Series AT-OT which I can't find the receipt for. But at this point I have about $100 in spending - '08 Wave 1, '08 vehicles, and Fett Evolutions - and I plan to pick up a little more anyway, if they don't like it, they can burn. I do believe we'll be seeing rebates in the form of store credits for more Hasbro product, it suggests this on the PDF form (this rewards program is a little shady in the fine print).

Kidhuman
03-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Thats whay I am going to do, send in all my receipts.

jedi master sal
03-07-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm going to have to get my act together for this. Between SW and transformers I easily quailfy for the most.

Can you send in two forms for two rebates?

I'd like to do all SW on one for the max and some TF and SW on the other for the max.

Also, which stores and online places are eligible?

Of course HTS and I'd assume TRU but which other stores can you have bought from that they'll take the receipts of?

(Where on the form or website did you see that, so it can be confirmed?)
-Sal

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-07-2008, 05:06 PM
I think that it's one per person/household. So just mail it from your neighbor's house. lol

I'm not sure, but I assume that anywhere is fine as long as you have a receipt.

KH, for the UPCs, you might be able to either find them online or get them from someone here. I save all the packages so I'll just look from there when I send in the form.

Kidhuman
03-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I have a stack saved up for the Rex Mail in, so I am going to use those

JediTricks
03-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm going to have to get my act together for this. Between SW and transformers I easily quailfy for the most. SON OF A B*TCH!!! I totally ignored the fact that Transformers were eligible! I got so fixated on SW it totally skipped my mind. I am pretty sure I tossed out the first TF I bought in February, but at least I have the receipt for a $20 TF I got the other day.

On the plus side, my HTS protective cases do count so that's $10 more right there.

I'd like to do all SW on one for the max and some TF and SW on the other for the max.No, 1 per family/household. And the receipts, if they have a name on them, they must be your name.

Of course HTS and I'd assume TRU but which other stores can you have bought from that they'll take the receipts of?There seems to be no eligible stores listing, it just says "purchased at retail".

(Where on the form or website did you see that, so it can be confirmed?There's fine print at the bottom of the form with all the info: http://www.hasbro.com/playrewards/play_rewards.pdf

Mister Roboto
03-10-2008, 12:33 PM
SON OF A B*TCH!!! I totally ignored the fact that Transformers were eligible! I got so fixated on SW it totally skipped my mind. I am pretty sure I tossed out the first TF I bought in February, but at least I have the receipt for a $20 TF I got the other day.

:thumbsup: (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=37370)

Transformers are eligible, too? Joy! (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=37370)

JediTricks
03-10-2008, 04:00 PM
What? I said "son of a batch", can I help if the 1-important-letter censoring confused you? :p

El Chuxter
03-10-2008, 04:20 PM
You shouldn't have used the star. I thought you said "son of a botch," which is something totally different.

Mister Roboto
03-10-2008, 05:02 PM
It very well could have been Son of a Butch. And if it is the Butch from Tom and Jerry, I believe you are talking about Spike.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-12-2008, 08:35 PM
I noticed an ad in this week's Sunday newspaper (remember those things? :rolleyes:). If you buy at least $15 in Hasbro products (from just about any line), they'll give you some credit dollars towards future Hasbro items. If the ad's out of print, the ad fine print says that http://HasbroPlayRewards.com has more info. Cool part is, the deal runs from Feb. 1 through Mar. 20-something, so maybe some previous buys wil put you where you want to be on their spending scale. I don't think this is a breech of SSG spam policy (since Hasbro's connected to here), but if it is considered as such, just delete the thread, fellow Mods.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-12-2008, 08:52 PM
There's already a thread up in the TAC section.

I already have $120 worth of stuff, so I'll likely just get $30 to get the full $50 rebate.

JediTricks
03-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Welcome to old'd, population: you!

My tally so far, in $:

BAM! That's $151.61 right now, plus I spent $16.96 on HTS yesterday, so if that arrives on time I'm bulletproof.

K M Toydarian
03-16-2008, 10:49 PM
FYI - Deadline is coming up for purchase dates - march 23 cut off for receipts.

JEDIpartner
03-17-2008, 09:21 AM
I sent all my receipts in separately. If they honour them in that fashion, I should be getting a total of $58 back. :eek:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-17-2008, 10:39 PM
I've figured, in my natural economist views, that the $101-150 range is the best deal for me. It'll give me $35 back, but I need another twenty bucks to reach that.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-17-2008, 11:35 PM
I sent all my receipts in separately. If they honour them in that fashion, I should be getting a total of $58 back. :eek:
Ain't gonna happen. :D

I have a little more than $150 now, so hopefully I'll get the full rebate back.

JediTricks
03-18-2008, 04:53 AM
I printed out the form today, they really didn't cover all their bases about buying from multiple stores, they address it and even say what to do in a roundabout fashion, but the reality is that the form doesn't fully deal with it.

K M Toydarian
03-18-2008, 05:17 AM
I printed out the form today, they really didn't cover all their bases about buying from multiple stores, they address it and even say what to do in a roundabout fashion, but the reality is that the form doesn't fully deal with it.

I agree there. Should I print out 2 forms to have more spaces, or just a 3x5 paper? I'll go with the paper to be safe, so it doesn't look like 2 separate rebates.
I also think it is weird of them not to require actual upc codes from the packaging. All you do is write down the code number on the form.
The Mighty Muggs I've bought recently pretty much cover most of the $151. plus a few figures.

Kidhuman
03-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Did anyone use the Evolutions sets on their rebates? Have they been added to the list?

El Chuxter
03-18-2008, 09:21 AM
They're trying to make it confusing so people don't send it in. This is rooted in the same reasoning that causes stores to offer rebates (people intend to send them in and don't), with the confusing factor added on to make it not worth it for people claiming small amounts.

Aside from Po Nudo, everything I've bought from Hasbro in the time period eligible was GIJoe, which is ineligible. :(

JEDIpartner
03-18-2008, 10:57 AM
How do you know?

figrin bran
03-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Did anyone use the Evolutions sets on their rebates? Have they been added to the list?

They're on the list now and I definitely needed them in order to get to $151.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-18-2008, 07:17 PM
How do you know?
It's a one-per-household sort of thing, so I bet they'll be checking their records for your name and whatnot.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-18-2008, 07:30 PM
I've bought things at several Targets, several WMs, and one Sears Grand. I think I'm just going to include all the Target items on one list, all the WMs on one list, and a separate Sears paper.

Also, what names are you guys using for the items? I'm just copying them exactly from the UPCs, but some of those are different from the names given on the receipts or the website (for instance, it's "LT JUNDLU" on the receipt and "Comic Pack #14" on the UPC).

JediTricks
03-19-2008, 12:02 AM
I agree there. Should I print out 2 forms to have more spaces, or just a 3x5 paper? I'll go with the paper to be safe, so it doesn't look like 2 separate rebates.It says 3x5 paper, so that's what I'm going with, but I'm not confident of that either.

I also think it is weird of them not to require actual upc codes from the packaging. All you do is write down the code number on the form.
The Mighty Muggs I've bought recently pretty much cover most of the $151. plus a few figures.It says the UPC numbers from the packaging, better double-check yours before sending it in.

Did anyone use the Evolutions sets on their rebates? Have they been added to the list?One of the new Evo sets was on the site last time I looked, but the actual form says "PURCHASE: Any products from the listed participating brands with the Hasbro logo." so I intend to make them honor THAT specific claim, not some website they are being slow with.

Aside from Po Nudo, everything I've bought from Hasbro in the time period eligible was GIJoe, which is ineligible. :(Wow, I hadn't noticed that, why the heck are they not offering this on GI Joe? That is so weird.

Also, what names are you guys using for the items? I'm just copying them exactly from the UPCs, but some of those are different from the names given on the receipts or the website (for instance, it's "LT JUNDLU" on the receipt and "Comic Pack #14" on the UPC).Product name, not receipt name.

K M Toydarian
03-19-2008, 02:39 AM
It says the UPC numbers from the packaging, better double-check yours before sending it in.

JT - does that mean you are cutting out and sending in the physical upc code from the box? The form reads write down the numbers and just send in the receipts and form. That's where I was confused and worried if I didn't send in the code I would be rejected, or worse, send in the actual cardboard code to be safe, and still be rejected for screwing it up.

JEDIpartner
03-19-2008, 11:04 AM
It's a one-per-household sort of thing, so I bet they'll be checking their records for your name and whatnot.

Eh... they'll probably just cut me off at $50 and that will be the end of it. I mean, they are on four forms but all in one envelope. We'll see. I mean, honestly, I don't care 'cos it's not like lost money or anything. It's more of a bonus. :)

JediTricks
03-19-2008, 07:20 PM
JT - does that mean you are cutting out and sending in the physical upc code from the box? The form reads write down the numbers and just send in the receipts and form. That's where I was confused and worried if I didn't send in the code I would be rejected, or worse, send in the actual cardboard code to be safe, and still be rejected for screwing it up.I'm not cutting the physical UPCs off the packaging and sending them in, though that would have made this a lot frickin' easier. I'm writing down the exact code from that UPC, I misunderstood what you were saying before, you said "I also think it is weird of them not to require actual upc codes from the packaging. All you do is write down the code number on the form." and I thought you meant you weren't writing down the UPC codes AS PRINTED on the packaging, that you were using different, internal Hasbro codes from the website. I see now that's not what you meant though.

Eh... they'll probably just cut me off at $50 and that will be the end of it. I mean, they are on four forms but all in one envelope. We'll see. I mean, honestly, I don't care 'cos it's not like lost money or anything. It's more of a bonus. :)I ain't saying "no" to fifty bucks dude. :p

Kidhuman
03-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Exactly JT, its free cash.

JediTricks
03-19-2008, 11:46 PM
What JP did will work apparently, as long as it's in the same envelope, it says on the form:

For additional products purchased, please list, on a 3"x5" piece of paper, the product name, UPC number, price and store where purchased, or visit hasbro.com for additional forms and more details.

I don't know how I missed that part about additional forms.

K M Toydarian
03-20-2008, 05:41 AM
No problem JT, you got it right, I would have assumed they would want physical cut out proof like the old jedi points promos, but I guess not.
I gotta get on this tomorrow and fill out the form.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-23-2008, 07:31 PM
I filled out the form last night, and if they honor their "any products with the Hasbro brand and Star Wars logo" thing, then I'm more than set ($173 or so was my total), but a fair bit of this stuff wasn't on their site (wave 5 comic packs and the Target Wookiee Battle Pack). Hopefully it will all work out.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-24-2008, 02:26 PM
I will mail mine out today (ended up with $115 worth... decided that spending another $38 to earn $15 wasn't economically feasible :rolleyes: ). I'm concerned that not all my purchases were from the same store (most were from Target, so that's what I put on the in-newspaper form) and that such an unmentioned legalease [sp?] will be brought up. Though I can't see how they'd do it.

As for names of products, they're all single action figures (except the Evolutions Fett figure set), so I put " [short name of character] Star Wars figure" on each. The UPC will determine the "true" name.

What were your figure costs in your areas? For me:
- TRU ($6.99)
- WM ($6.63)
- T ($6.64)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-24-2008, 03:25 PM
What were your figure costs in your areas? For me:
- TRU ($6.99)
- WM ($6.63)
- T ($6.64)
I guess Target had a price drop, at least in my area: $6.99 for basic and $6.63 for Legends figures at the beginning of February, then down to $6.64 for basic and $6.39 for Legends figures. Wal-Mart was $6.63 across the board, and those were the only two places I bought anything. (Well, I also got the Fett Evolution set at Sears Grand but I'm returning that for when they fix the emblem error.)

JediTricks
03-24-2008, 07:05 PM
All my basic figures came from HTS and I applied a 15% AAA discount to that. The only stuff I bought in stores were 2 Transformers $20 figures and 2 Evolutions sets. I used the exact names as shown on the UPCs, no "Star Wars" or "Transformers" ahead of that.

figrin bran
03-24-2008, 10:46 PM
The 4 Evo sets and 7 501st troopers I bought made up roughly 81% of my $150 total.

I didn't include any HTS purchases as I've heard that if you do so, your coupon will be valid only at HTS.

JediTricks
03-25-2008, 11:51 PM
It says if you bought at multiple retailers and HTS, that the certificate will be valid only at participating stores. If you bought EVERYTHING from HTS, then it's an HTS-only certificate.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-31-2008, 08:15 PM
I got these two emails today. Interesting detail is that one came with a colon after my name while the other used a comma. Hmm.

Dear AKA Bel-Cam Jos,
Good news! Your mail-in offer request has been processed successfully. You should be receiving your HasbroŽ Play Rewards™ in the mail within the next 2 to 3 weeks!

With Springtime just around the corner, now is the perfect time to use your Hasbro Play Rewards to purchase more Hasbro Toys & Games – great for all your favorite family activities. Please visit Hasbro.com for more details.

If you have any questions, please call 1-800-353-1347.
This is an automatically generated e-mail. Please do not respond.

Dear AKA Bel-Cam Jos:

Thank you for your interest and participation in the HasbroŽ Toys & Games Play Rewards™ program!

We have received your Hasbro Play Rewards mail-in offer form and it is currently being processed. If approved, you will receive an email confirmation within approximately 2 -5 business days that your Hasbro Play Rewards will be shipped.

If you have any questions, please call 1-800-353-1347.
This is an automatically generated e-mail. Please do not respond.Yay! I might be approved! :yes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Cool! Hopefully I'll get the same thing soon.

Kidhuman
04-01-2008, 07:01 AM
I mailed mine yesterday.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I got paid, yo. The check is no longer in the mail, as it is here today. Made out to "Authorized Retailer," with a list of stores on the back of the form, so I don't have to guess at the location (although I assume I need to spend it all at one time). Sweet... $35 to spend on "Littlest Pet Shop," "Bull's-Eye Ball," [which includes "Bulls-Eye Baseball as of March 2008 ;) ] or "Original Memory Game." :yes:

Kidhuman
04-04-2008, 09:05 PM
That was fast. I hope mine comes quickly also. What was the entire turnaround on it BCJ?

JediTricks
04-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Wow, congrats on getting it so quick.

Now that I think about it, I don't know what the hell I'd spend it on.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Wow, congrats on getting it so quick.

Now that I think about it, I don't know what the hell I'd spend it on.
Problem solved. (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=813)

K M Toydarian
04-05-2008, 03:52 AM
Problem solved. (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=813)

HAHA. However, I will have to admit, I bought the Star Wars one for my nephew and got one for myself as well. It takes me back to the old school Star Wars electric tooth brush days.:love:

Mailed my rewards yesterday. Good to see they are starting to show up.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-05-2008, 09:45 AM
That was fast. I hope mine comes quickly also. What was the entire turnaround on it BCJ? Program ended 3/23, mailed stuff out on 3/24, received two emails about the status 3/31, and received actual certificate on 4/4 (however I re-read it more carefully, and on the perforated form [but not the "check" itself] it says the "Hasbro Toys & Games Rewards TM Certificate can be redeemed at Toys R Us," so not the retailer of my choosing :( ). Only negatives to that store: a) prices on figures are $6.99 versus $6.63/$6.64 at WM/Target, b) there's only one nearby TRU, c) selection at said store is spotty at best. Eh, it's "free" moola, so I cain't complain none too much.

[edit] I saw those brush-for-two-minutes musical toothbrushes. Might be just the thing!

El Chuxter
04-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Hey! There's an electric toothbrush that plays Kelly Clarkson!

Awesome. I don't see why every home doesn't have one.

JediTricks
04-06-2008, 06:35 PM
I guess I'll just buy some fine scalpables.

Kidhuman
04-14-2008, 06:53 PM
I got my email today saying it has been processed and on its way.

JediTricks
04-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I got my email saying it was processed and on its way just after midnight Friday, and then a few minutes later another one saying they'd be processing soon. :p

K M Toydarian
04-15-2008, 05:46 PM
I got my email saying it was processed and on its way just after midnight Friday, and then a few minutes later another one saying they'd be processing soon. :p

Just got mine in that order as well, first the processed one then the pending processing one. Either one department is slow getting their emails out, or another jumped the gun with theirs!:D

PS. Anyone who has received their reward already, was it 6-8 weeks after the notice? That is what my email says, but it sounds like Bel-Cam Jos got his in about a week. Cool. I am going to need it for a brand spanking new Falcon!

Bel-Cam Jos
04-15-2008, 08:17 PM
PS. Anyone who has received their reward already, was it 6-8 weeks after the notice? That is what my email says, but it sounds like Bel-Cam Jos got his in about a week. Cool. I am going to need it for a brand spanking new Falcon!It's because Hasbro loves me so! However, getting it to TRU leaves me at a loss, as the only close one to me has come down with a bad case of the Dontgotsnada virus. :mad:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2008, 10:29 PM
It's because Hasbro loves me so! However, getting it to TRU leaves me at a loss, as the only close one to me has come down with a bad case of the Dontgotsnada virus. :mad:
Wait, I thought your certificate was good at several places?

JEDIpartner
04-16-2008, 11:28 AM
I already got mine. :) $50!!!

mtriv73
04-16-2008, 02:55 PM
I got my e-mails (also out of logical order) on sunday. I wish I had the reward since HTS has wave 2 up for sale now.

Kidhuman
04-16-2008, 07:29 PM
You probably couldnt spend it there anyway

Bel-Cam Jos
04-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Wait, I thought your certificate was good at several places?I read the paper more carefully and noticed that TRU was listed (though not on the certificate itself) as the specific retailer, and I don't want to get busted for trying to break the rules.

Anybody know if the online stores are available to use these thingies? I've checked the site and there's no info, as near as I can find.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-16-2008, 10:43 PM
I read the paper more carefully and noticed that TRU was listed (though not on the certificate itself) as the specific retailer, and I don't want to get busted for trying to break the rules.

Anybody know if the online stores are available to use these thingies? I've checked the site and there's no info, as near as I can find.
Hmm . . . I think you'd probably be good using it anywhere else listed, as that'd pretty much be false advertising (or something similar) otherwise, wouldn't it?

I still haven't heard anything back from them . . .

figrin bran
04-16-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm still waiting to hear from Hasbro as well. That's what I get for not sending the form off as soon as I reached the $150+ total.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Hmm . . . I think you'd probably be good using it anywhere else listed, as that'd pretty much be false advertising (or something similar) otherwise, wouldn't it?

I still haven't heard anything back from them . . .I called the Hasbro Rewards phone number (it's no 1800-FARTBOG, but 1-800-FLEA-DIS isn't too bad), and they said it's not good at online versions of the retailer (however, she had to put me on hold to find that out... I'd have thought that would be a common question). I could try it at any place, but I don't want to get blacklisted as a cheater-cheater-consumer-of-orange-gourds. :p

JEDIpartner
04-18-2008, 01:10 PM
I love it when they put so many conditions on you that it's practically useless. At least these aren't THAT bad. LOL

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2008, 05:16 PM
I never got any e-mails but I got my check today; thankfully it was for the full $50. My sheet said it could be redeemed at Wal-Mart but in the smaller print said also redeemable at the places on back. I just got the last of the basic figures I needed just minutes before I saw the check, so now I have to find something to spend it on . . . I'm thinking the TRU TIE Fighter and a few clones.

Kidhuman
04-26-2008, 06:59 PM
I still havent gotten mine. How long did it take you JJL? I dont have anything to spend it on either, I just want it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2008, 08:12 PM
I still havent gotten mine. How long did it take you JJL? I dont have anything to spend it on either, I just want it.
I think I mailed it out on March 24 or 25, but I don't remember (looking back at old posts, it was at least a few days before you did). It expires July 13, so it is unfortunately not going to be able to help me out with the Falcon or AT-TE. I thought I read it would expire three months after they issued it, so maybe they printed it on April 13? Hopefully yours will arrive soon.

Kidhuman
04-26-2008, 09:08 PM
It should, I was wondering because BCJ got is 3 days after he got the emails. I too mailed it close to the dead line, so thats whats holding it up

Bel-Cam Jos
04-27-2008, 10:31 AM
It should, I was wondering because BCJ got is 3 days after he got the emails. I too mailed it close to the dead line, so thats whats holding it upI figure (pun always intended) I just found a crack in the system and I luckily got mine quickly. Or it was the extra $50 bill I put in the envelope to speed up the process. Hey, spend $50 to get $35 free? What a deal!

BTW, I did find enough stuff at another TRU. If you don't bring the attached form, just the check, the cashiers might not even know which retailer it's listed for (mine needed to bring in a manager to handle the transaction, who carefully checked the items to make sure they qualified as Hasbro products... and they all did [about 4-5 figures and that SW musical tootbrush]).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-27-2008, 03:00 PM
BTW, I did find enough stuff at another TRU. If you don't bring the attached form, just the check, the cashiers might not even know which retailer it's listed for (mine needed to bring in a manager to handle the transaction, who carefully checked the items to make sure they qualified as Hasbro products... and they all did [about 4-5 figures and that SW musical tootbrush]).
Again, I'm pretty sure that the name of the store is just an example and you can still use it at any of the places listed on the back. (But you already used yours so it's a moot point for you.)

figrin bran
04-28-2008, 10:07 PM
I received my $50 rewards today despite never having received any email notification. My form listed Target as my store which is fine by me as the vast majority of my Hasbro purchases are made there. As it expires on July 13 and nothing worthwhile of SW will be available, I'll most likely use it on Transformers Animated. Probably Leader class Optimus or Megatron or Bulkhead.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Again, I'm pretty sure that the name of the store is just an example and you can still use it at any of the places listed on the back. (But you already used yours so it's a moot point for you.)I thought about trying that, but being the overly-cautious (read: wimpy and chicken ;) ) person I am, I just followed the rules without taking a chance. Maybe since I was such a good boy, they'll send me another one and left me use it again! :rolleyes:

El Chuxter
04-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Hopefully they do this again, and either have good Star Wars products at the time the promotion is going on, or they count the GIJoes next time. My $7 in SW purchases during the eligible period hardly qualified me for anything. I could've gotten a good deal back, though, had they counted Joes. :mad:

figrin bran
04-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Chux, some people on RS called up Hasbro about Joes and were told that they could indeed count them towards the total.

mtriv73
04-29-2008, 02:39 PM
I got my check today but it was only for $12 (it should have been $50.) I called them and got it all straightened out, but apparently since I printed all the other info that wouldn't fit on the first sheet on a 3*5 piece of paper rather than a 3*5 card they weren't going to allow it at first. Oh well, it was worth 20 minutes on the phone for the aditonal $38.

The one I got today doesn't expire until 9/3 (I'm assuming the other one will be the same) so I'll be putting them toward the Falcon.

K M Toydarian
04-30-2008, 12:30 AM
I hope mine comes through for the full amount -$50. I didn't copy my receipts or anything. Hindsight!
I also wrote my overflow items on a 3x5 piece of paper rather than an index card, but I reread the rules on the form, and it specifically says, "3x5 piece of paper".
Glad to hear it got worked out though.

Kidhuman
04-30-2008, 07:40 PM
I got mine for 50 bucks to day and promptly spent it.

2 Biker Scouts
Obi-Wan
Anakin
2 Order 66 packs: Luminara and Master Sev.

K M Toydarian
05-01-2008, 01:57 AM
The one I got today doesn't expire until 9/3 (I'm assuming the other one will be the same) so I'll be putting them toward the Falcon.
Got my full $50 today. Main page says useable at Target (where my purchases were from), but the back lists a whole slew of store also accepting it.
My expiration is Jul 13, so you seem to have lucked out getting one that expires in September! Won't make it for use on a falcon unfortunately. I sent mine in on April 3rd or 4th, right at the deadline.

JediTricks
05-01-2008, 10:58 PM
I got my check today but it was only for $12 (it should have been $50.) I called them and got it all straightened out, but apparently since I printed all the other info that wouldn't fit on the first sheet on a 3*5 piece of paper rather than a 3*5 card they weren't going to allow it at first. Oh well, it was worth 20 minutes on the phone for the aditonal $38.

The one I got today doesn't expire until 9/3 (I'm assuming the other one will be the same) so I'll be putting them toward the Falcon.That's messed up, it says right on the form that it should be printed on a 3x5 PIECE OF PAPER, not a 3x5 card.

JEDIpartner
05-28-2008, 11:24 AM
I got my $50 one a month or so back. I spent it on some Indy figures. Just yesterday I got another one in the mail for $17. WEIRD!!!!!! This one expires in August, so I'm holding on to it and the $15 Target gift card that I got for buying a vacuum cleaner and using them on the Falcon. WOOHOO!!!!

mtriv73
05-28-2008, 08:47 PM
That's messed up, it says right on the form that it should be printed on a 3x5 PIECE OF PAPER, not a 3x5 card.

I got my other $38 only usable at HTS.com. The funny thing is this one expires July 30th. I hope they put the falcon up for sale before then (and I catch it in stock.)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2008, 11:23 PM
For those of you who have already spent it, have there been any issues as to the cashier not knowing how to work with it or denying it?

Kidhuman
05-29-2008, 05:25 AM
No, it went through fine for me

JediTricks
05-30-2008, 02:28 AM
For those of you who have already spent it, have there been any issues as to the cashier not knowing how to work with it or denying it?
On mine, the cashier had no idea, but she kept reading it and eventually found the "treat as a traveler's check" sentence, after that she figured it out.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-30-2008, 08:20 PM
On mine, the cashier had no idea, but she kept reading it and eventually found the "treat as a traveler's check" sentence, after that she figured it out.(say in your best "Pimply-Faced Teen" voice) "I'll have to ask my manager." Once the higher-up told her how to do it (I mentioned the "traveler's cheque" comment, but that apparetly didn't help at all). It was a relatively easy transaction.

figrin bran
05-31-2008, 11:51 PM
I had no problems with my rewards at all. I even used part of it towards one of the Heroes figures.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Alright, then.

I used my check yesterday on the TRU white TIE Fighter and STAP Attack set (I had to pay $20 more), and it took her a minute, but the cashier figured it out.