PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 45

JediTricks
02-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked in February 29th (it's a leap year, remember?). Keep in mind that your votes in round 44 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=716); to ActionFigs.com's questions (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1384); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1298). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=598068#post598068).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- Canadian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- In recent years, many Darth Vader figures have included a silver piece of fabric material around the neck to represent the chain that holds Vader's cape on. However, every time this feature has been included, the "chain" ends up looking too big and out-of-place, while Vader figures that do not include this chain end up looking much better. In the interest of accuracy, could the chain either be scaled down (to better match its look in Episodes III, V, and VI), or done as sculpted plastic (as on earlier incarnations), or simply left off (as in Episode IV) on future Darth Vader figures?
- Are there folks today at Hasbro who were working on the Star Wars line back when it was reborn in 1995? Was there any clue behind-the-scenes back then that the Star Wars toy line would garner such a huge adult collector following? Were adult collectors considered at all on any level back then when forging the line's beginnings? What do you folks think of the extensive adult collector enthusiasm for the line today, 13 years later?
- Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?
- The new Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool and seem to be selling fairly well out of the gate. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle? (Please discuss the specific possibilities of each of the examples in this question.)
- What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
- Many collectors have noted that Moff Jerjerrod was not a great seller and can still be found in stores, while it seemed as though Admiral Ozzel, Captain Piett, and Grand Moff Tarkin seemed to have sold better. There are times where Hasbro really nails a likeness, but unfortunately Moff Jerjerrod did not look like the actor and had an angry facial expression not seen in Return of the Jedi. Would Hasbro ever consider resculpting this figure or does the perceived poor performance of the Jerjerrod figure make it unlikely he would ever be revisited. Do you agree that if this figure sold poorly it may have been in part because of a poor likeness?
- Would Hasbro consider releasing a complete set of clone troopers with only a basic, plain white deco? Many customizers would enjoy having a blank clone to decorate with their own designs, and regular fans could enjoy the uniform look - the white AT-RT Driver from the Ep 3 Commemorative Tin set looks great and is easy to customize. So how about a box set with all the various clone types without specialized deco or even weathering? It could even be offered in simpler packaging, white mailer boxes with simple baggies.
- In the Galactic Heroes line we have gotten an AT-AT Commander and Driver figures, and now several new vehicles and beasts. Might that increase chances of getting a Galactic Heroes AT-AT?
- Why are nearly all of the Galactic Heroes figures smiling, even bad guys like Tarkin and the AT-AT Commander?
- Since Hasbro is showing some interest in SW: Battlefront, releasing the multipacks and the Rebel Vanguard figure, will the rocket launcher from the Battlefront II Clone pack be included if a blue ARC Trooper is ever released on single card again? (It's the weapon he carries in the first Battlefront game.)
- Will you ever release any Neimoidians & Separatist Leaders in the Galactic Heroes line?
- A few times in Q&A's history, you've suggested collectors submit their local stores' pegwarming data to you so Hasbro store reps can get these problems fixed. Some of the stores did show signs of improvement in this department, however others still suffer old TSC pegwarmers (Moff Jerjerrod is pretty consistent) and show absolutely no signs of moving, and the reports on these were coming in from all over the country. What if anything was done to fix the problem, and what will be done in the future? If nothing else, having several Hasbro Star Wars pegs filled up with very old product is going to hamper sales of newer product hurting your business and hindering collectors' ability to get new figures.
- The current R5 droid mold (used on R5-D4, R5-J2, and R5-F7) is close to "perfect", but there are a few glaring issues that should be addressed before this mold becomes the all-purpose version. They include the antenna, which comes out and may be lost easily; the pop-up motivator, which worked on R5-D4 but had diminishing returns on later uses; and the chest plate being a separate piece, which has been a problem on every figure to use the VOTC R2-D2 body. The head could just be retooled and used on the more-accurate R4-G9 body. Will these issues be addressed, or will we continue to get more less-than-perfect R5 figures?
- With The Force Unleashed videogame being pushed back to late August, will early TFU product be re-released to coincide with the game's release?
- 2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper - with the exception of the McQuarrie Concept figures - was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs reflected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on, where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line?
- Should Hasbro ever decide to revisit the Ishi Tib species with a new figure, would you be more inclined to do one from Jabba's palace first, the prequels, or would you want to update the figure from 1998 of the unnamed rebel?
- The Comic Packs are a very welcomed addition to a lot of Star Wars collectors, but there is a lot of buzz about Hasbro's choices of whom to include in these packs. Many collectors are wondering how does Hasbro chose which characters to make, since the ToyFare fans' choice poll a few years ago included a lot of comic-based characters such as Exar Kun, Guri and others who have yet to receive the action figure treatment. So how does Hasbro plan these packs, and just what goes into your choices?
- Has there been any thought about doing a few deliberate variations to some of the figures this year as running changes offered in later assortments, like you did with the ROTS line? For instance, the new '08 Anakin-as-Vader figure could be repainted with Sith eyes, or the '08 Obi-Wan could be redecoed with battle damage.
- The Order 66 packs from last year were great and the ones shown at Toy Fair look just as good. How long will it be before we start to see these clones sold on their own though? It would be great to army build them but not on a 1 to 1 ratio with their Jedi commanders.
- Why was Titanium Series so poorly represented at your Toy Fair display? Can you tell us what's forthcoming for Titaniums later in the year (preferably with pictures), and why they are delayed until fall? Are we ever getting the Outrider mentioned back in '06?
- You've said in the past that you were done with animated figures, that your testing had shown the realistic style to be far preferred over animated, yet the new Clone Wars show's figures are based on its animation rather than the realistic style. What was the thinking behind going animated-style with these rather than realistic?
- Does Nippet the Wokling come out of his basket? If so, might you be able to share a picture of this?
- The Hasbro SW Toy Fair press release has The Legacy Collection clocking in at 30 basic figures. Back in October, you told us "For 2008, we are going to take the classic total down by about one wave. So from the current 60 figures this year, expect around 53 figures or so." The '08 TAC line has 15 figures total across its 2 waves, so according to your press release, adding another 30 basic figures will give us a total of just 45 figures, a whole wave smaller than the 53-ish you originally stated. Has an '08 wave been pushed back out of the year, or are there more figures to be expected in the TLC line than the press release stated?
- With the upcoming Comic Pack figure of Cade Skywalker, you seem to have nailed his look, but he doesn't seem to be coming with his green lightsaber. Might that be rectified in time for the figure's release since it's unlikely we'll be seeing another Cade Skywalker figure for a while? Cade's even holding the hilt on the cover of Legacy #2, and after all, your figure of Quinlan Vos wasn't entirely accurate to the issue he came with, instead opting for his more popular look, so why not give Cade his saber?
- During the first Q&A session back in June of '06, you told ActionFigs.com about the possibility of seeing more beast/creatures "[t]hough we understand that beast/creature assortments are desirable, at this time it appears that new vehicle assortments are in higher demand." Since then, Hasbro's released the Bantha, Nexu, Acklay and Reek, and now an all-new Rancor design is coming out, hopefully this is an upturn in the line management's opinion of Star Wars creatures' marketability. So, what is the outlook for the future of new beasties, and will they continue to increase the quality of the older versions, some of which are no longer really on par with the line's modern quality in one way or another?Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

Battle Droid
02-08-2008, 04:41 PM
12. - Will you ever release any Neimoidians & Separatist Leaders in the Galactic Heroes line?

Droid
02-08-2008, 05:48 PM
7 - Moff Jerjerrod question

I'm going to just keep trying to get this one asked!

Battle Droid
02-09-2008, 05:54 AM
New questions,

What are the chances of Hasbro releasing the one transformable Vulture Droid from the Episode I Droid Starfighter set in ROTS colors, and the Vulture Droid from the Clone Wars cartoon that Mace Windu guts with his lightsaber, and controls it by grabbing ahold of it's exposed wires?

Is the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid a vehicle we could possibly see being released in the next two years?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-09-2008, 07:40 PM
2, 7, 13, 14, 15

DarkJedi5
02-10-2008, 07:48 PM
12 Neimoidian heroes
14 R5s
16 Troops

JediTricks
02-10-2008, 10:02 PM
New questions,

What are the chances of Hasbro releasing the one transformable Vulture Droid from the Episode I Droid Starfighter set in ROTS colors, and the Vulture Droid from the Clone Wars cartoon that Mace Windu guts with his lightsaber, and controls it by grabbing ahold of it's exposed wires?

Is the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid a vehicle we could possibly see being released in the next two years?The first one I'm not asking, it's too specific and they've had a bad track record with the Vulture Droid so far.

The second one, I'm not sure I want to add it yet, the last time we asked them about it they said it'd depend on if it was in the animation. At the very least, I'm not adding it till after Toy Fair.

Neuroleptic
02-10-2008, 10:32 PM

jediguy
02-11-2008, 07:18 AM
for starters

obi-dad
02-11-2008, 04:41 PM
2, 7, 9, 14 & 16

evenflow
02-11-2008, 07:07 PM
None of those questions interest me. I think the most interesting one is:

12. - Will you ever release any Neimoidians & Separatist Leaders in the Galactic Heroes line?

happy
02-11-2008, 10:04 PM
I would like to place my votes for questions:

clone157
02-11-2008, 10:16 PM
6, 8, 11 are my votes

JediTricks
02-12-2008, 05:45 AM
Ok, what is on your mind then? What questions should we be asking? We have plenty of time to cultivate actual questions, so long as they're not just more "will you make this?" stuff.

Cane_Adiss
02-12-2008, 11:00 AM
My votes: 2, 3, 9, 12, 15

and a new question:

When Hasbro decides to revisit the Ishi Tib species with a new figure, would you be more inclined to do one from Jabba's palace first (Harc Seff and Shasa Tiel), the prequels, or would you want to update the figure from 1998 of the unnamed rebel?

jediguy
02-12-2008, 01:20 PM
if you decide to use Cane Addiss's new question, I want to vote for that

Sinscia Fat'o
02-12-2008, 05:41 PM
New Questions:

Here are some EU based questions i would like to know.
I also support the question about the Ishi Tibb as well, they're a cool race and deserve a little better treatment than the old POTF2 figure we got ten years ago.

With the vehicle line going strong and Hasbro making plenty of new sculpts of these iconic ships and speeders, what chance is there that Hasbro could include EU-BASED ships such as Prince Xizor's Vigaro, Boba Fett's Slave II, and even the Stealth X-Wing into their vehicle line?

The comic two packs are a very welcomed addition to a lot of Star Wars fans and collectors, but there is a lot of buzz about Hasbro's choices about whom to include in these packs. A lot of collectors are wondering how does Hasbro chose which characters to make, since the initial fan's choice poll a few years ago included a lot of comic-based characters such as Exar Kun, Guri and others, who have yet to receive the action figure treatment. So how does Hasbro plan these packs, and just what goes into your choices?

Blue2th
02-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Here's a question (though it's kinda a "will you make this" question)

Has Hasbro ever thought about doing a few deliberate variations to some of the figures this year in later assortments, much like you did in the ROTS line. For instance the new Anakin-Vader #2 being released with Sith eyes, or Obi-Wan #1 with Battle damage?

JediTricks
02-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Questions 17-18 added.

and a new question:

When Hasbro decides to revisit the Ishi Tib species with a new figure, would you be more inclined to do one from Jabba's palace first (Harc Seff and Shasa Tiel), the prequels, or would you want to update the figure from 1998 of the unnamed rebel?Although an oddity, I like how you asked it and I've seen enough people talk about it outside here that it is certainly a notable topic of discussion, so with some tweaks I've added it. I took out the Jabba's Palace names because there's actually a 3rd one on the sail barge I believe, and I didn't want to track down the names of the prequel ones as well.

if you decide to use Cane Addiss's new question, I want to vote for thatOk, you have 2 votes remaining.

New Questions:

Here are some EU based questions i would like to know.
I also support the question about the Ishi Tibb as well, they're a cool race and deserve a little better treatment than the old POTF2 figure we got ten years ago.I thought that was an ok figure, nothing really "wrong" with it. I will count your vote for the question.

With the vehicle line going strong and Hasbro making plenty of new sculpts of these iconic ships and speeders, what chance is there that Hasbro could include EU-BASED ships such as Prince Xizor's Vigaro, Boba Fett's Slave II, and even the Stealth X-Wing into their vehicle line?I always thought Slave II was a really lazy design and very un-SW, but I guess I could include it. I never even heard of the Stealth X-wing. Can you link me to the X-wing in question? I don't want to put it up before I see it and see its sources, I want to know what I'm talking about. I'm definitely going to add the question with the Virago though, I'm shocked it's never been asked so far. I fear Hasbro will just say "we're concentrating on more well-known stuff and vehicles that are in the TV shows now" but I'm willing to try.

The comic two packs are a very welcomed addition to a lot of Star Wars fans and collectors, but there is a lot of buzz about Hasbro's choices about whom to include in these packs. A lot of collectors are wondering how does Hasbro chose which characters to make, since the initial fan's choice poll a few years ago included a lot of comic-based characters such as Exar Kun, Guri and others, who have yet to receive the action figure treatment. So how does Hasbro plan these packs, and just what goes into your choices?Added. You have 4 votes remaining right now.

Here's a question (though it's kinda a "will you make this" question)

Has Hasbro ever thought about doing a few deliberate variations to some of the figures this year in later assortments, much like you did in the ROTS line. For instance the new Anakin-Vader #2 being released with Sith eyes, or Obi-Wan #1 with Battle damage?Seems like a good question, but I'm not sure if you mean running changes to the same item, or a "new" item in the line. LMK and I'll add it. It's probably too late for running changes on those 2 though, but ya never know.

Blue2th
02-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Questions 17-18 added.

Seems like a good question, but I'm not sure if you mean running changes to the same item, or a "new" item in the line. LMK and I'll add it. It's probably too late for running changes on those 2 though, but ya never know.
Yeah running changes to the same item is what I meant. Perhaps when they release them again mixed in later case assortments. You could word it different of course, 'cause you're better at it, and that's what you do. Thanks.

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Ok, Question 19 added.

Blue2th, you have 5 votes remaining.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2008, 10:11 PM
New question, in light of the Toy Fair revelations:

Will we be seeing any figures based on the Clone Wars TV show, but done in the realistic style to better fit with the other figures?

Sinscia Fat'o
02-17-2008, 03:43 PM
The Stealth X, is the bew X-Wing in the Legacy Novels (Inferno, Blood-Lines ETC) I have no pictures of the ship, nor could i find any.
here is the link to info about it.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth_X

DarkJedi5
02-17-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm brainstorming a new question but here's the main idea;

To date, it seems that the quality of most creatures available in the 3 3/4 line is way behind the figures and vehicles offered in the line. The last tauntaun we saw is still using the 1997 sculpt and has five points of articulation. Modern C-3POs have more than that. The recently rereleased bantha was essentially the same thing we saw in '98. Will we ever see new creatures with good detail and a strong amount of articulation?

ChrisLyne
02-17-2008, 06:27 PM
From the list;

19. Has there been any thought about doing a few deliberate variations to some of the figures this year as running changes offered in later assortments, like you did with the ROTS line? For instance, the new '08 Anakin-as-Vader figure could be repainted with Sith eyes, or the '08 Obi-Wan could be redecoed with battle damage.

I'd also second Sinscia's question;

The comic two packs are a very welcomed addition to a lot of Star Wars fans and collectors, but there is a lot of buzz about Hasbro's choices about whom to include in these packs. A lot of collectors are wondering how does Hasbro chose which characters to make, since the initial fan's choice poll a few years ago included a lot of comic-based characters such as Exar Kun, Guri and others, who have yet to receive the action figure treatment. So how does Hasbro plan these packs, and just what goes into your choices?

I'd like to add;

At Toy Fair you said that there will only be thirty figures in The Legacy Collection/Droid Factory in 2008. However in a previous Q+A you said that there would be 53 figures in 2008 over TAC and the, at that point unnamed, TLC. However with the Clone Wars wave being pushed back to TLC that only gives 15 figures in TAC which comes to a total of 45 when added to the 30 figures in TLC. Has a wave been pushed back for this or will there be an extra TLC wave at the end of the year to bring the total to 53?

I love you Legacy comic packs but could you please correct the Imperial Knights lightsabers to silver rather than red before release? And could you please give Cade his green lightsaber?

You've mentioned in a past Q+A that a Yuuzhan Vong is coming in 2008. Will this be in the basic line or in another format? Any chance of more NJO figures this year (such as the Solo twins)?

DarkJedi5
02-18-2008, 01:13 PM
New question:

The Order 66 packs from last year were great and the ones shown at Toy Fair look just as good. How long will it be before we start to see these clones sold on their own? It would be great to army build them but not on a 1 to 1 ratio with their Jedi commanders.

bigbarada
02-18-2008, 02:07 PM
2 (I see the silver thread has made a reappearance:upset: ), 7 and 9 for now.

mtriv73
02-18-2008, 05:49 PM

Will we be seeing any figures based on the Clone Wars TV show, but done in the realistic style to better fit with the other figures?

Amen to that question. If you add it, please give it one of my votes too.

New Question: Why no love for titaniums at toy fair? Can you tell us what is forthcoming for later in the year (preferably with pictures) and why they are delayed until fall?

New Queston: After this year, will you continue to produce toys from the 6 movies and EU in the realistic style to sell alongside the animated line? (that strategy seemed to work out really well for you the last time you tried it :rolleyes:)

Jedi_Kal-El
02-18-2008, 08:32 PM
I have just one write in:

You've said in the past that you were done with animated figures, yet the new Clone Wars figures look pretty animated. What gives? What made you make the decision to go animated with these and will we ever see any of them in the realistic style?

JediTricks
02-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Questions 20-22 added.

Will we be seeing any figures based on the Clone Wars TV show, but done in the realistic style to better fit with the other figures?According to RS, the answer was at Toy Fair:
Question: Will the Clone Wars figures from the series get a realistic style treatment?
Hasbro: Maybe down the road, but the focus now is to produce figure that look like they jumped right off the screen. Easier for kids to recognize them in the stores.
The Stealth X, is the bew X-Wing in the Legacy Novels (Inferno, Blood-Lines ETC) I have no pictures of the ship, nor could i find any.
here is the link to info about it.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth_XNo pictures at all? I really don't think I can promote that one then, there's so many other designs that we've already seen so far that have yet to be done.

I'm brainstorming a new question but here's the main idea;

To date, it seems that the quality of most creatures available in the 3 3/4 line is way behind the figures and vehicles offered in the line. The last tauntaun we saw is still using the 1997 sculpt and has five points of articulation. Modern C-3POs have more than that. The recently rereleased bantha was essentially the same thing we saw in '98. Will we ever see new creatures with good detail and a strong amount of articulation?I get what you're saying, but with the Rancor coming out having taken it to the next level, I am not sure what to do with this, especially since Hasbro's not especially keen on beasties anymore. Thoughts?

I'd also second Sinscia's question;

You mean question 18? :p Ok.

At Toy Fair you said that there will only be thirty figures in The Legacy Collection/Droid Factory in 2008. However in a previous Q+A you said that there would be 53 figures in 2008 over TAC and the, at that point unnamed, TLC. However with the Clone Wars wave being pushed back to TLC that only gives 15 figures in TAC which comes to a total of 45 when added to the 30 figures in TLC. Has a wave been pushed back for this or will there be an extra TLC wave at the end of the year to bring the total to 53?Since we've seen Hasbro's Press Release say there will be 30 TLC figures in '08 and we've only seen around half of them at the show, I think it's confirmed we'll be seeing at least 1 more wave, perhaps 2 more waves. Last year it was the same thing for TAC, we saw almost nothing of the line at TF.

I love you Legacy comic packs but could you please correct the Imperial Knights lightsabers to silver rather than red before release? And could you please give Cade his green lightsaber?"Silver" is a polite way of saying "plain white". I will mention this to them in the next Q&A though without it being a question, it's merely a statement of correction, they are "silver" so I don't think we need to waste a question slot on this.

As for Cade's green saber, can you give a good reason why to include it, especially over his father's blue one or the red one he uses? The question needs fleshing out I think.

You've mentioned in a past Q+A that a Yuuzhan Vong is coming in 2008. Will this be in the basic line or in another format? Any chance of more NJO figures this year (such as the Solo twins)?They said no such thing about '08 that I can find, just that it was coming at some point and we'd know around summer...

Mousedroid.com: The 30th Anniversary has been a major success both here and abroad. Thank you for listening to the fans in regards to and allowing us to vote on the various websites for the Fan Choice Figure!!! Now as we move into Expanded Universe territory with The Force Unleashed, the soon to be CG cartoon Clone Wars and of course the various novels available etc, etc. My question is.....Will Hasbro EVER make the evil Yuzhan Vong figure from the New Jedi Order series of novels????
Hasbro: We have some good news for you - we can indeed confirm that a Yuzhan Vong is in fact in development, but when and how it will be introduced (as a basic figure or as a multi-pack) has yet to be announced. Look for more information around Comic Con timing if all goes as planned..

New question:

The Order 66 packs from last year were great and the ones shown at Toy Fair look just as good. How long will it be before we start to see these clones sold on their own? It would be great to army build them but not on a 1 to 1 ratio with their Jedi commanders.Ok, added. You have 2 votes remaining.

Amen to that question. If you add it, please give it one of my votes too.I'm not adding the question though.

New Question: Why no love for titaniums at toy fair? Can you tell us what is forthcoming for later in the year (preferably with pictures) and why they are delayed until fall?Yeah, I was going to add that myself, so there ya go. I left out the delayed part only because I don't know what you're talking about there, details? Vote counted, you have 5 remaining.

New Queston: After this year, will you continue to produce toys from the 6 movies and EU in the realistic style to sell alongside the animated line? (that strategy seemed to work out really well for you the last time you tried it :rolleyes:)I'm not sure I understand this question or its sarcasm. Do you mean the original Clone Wars line that had the animated Target figures and then the realistic main line basics? They already said no.

I have just one write in:

You've said in the past that you were done with animated figures, yet the new Clone Wars figures look pretty animated. What gives? What made you make the decision to go animated with these and will we ever see any of them in the realistic style?I'll ask most of that, but I kinda get the feeling we'll not be alone if we ask it. You have 5 votes remaining.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Okay, give my last vote to 22.

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 01:49 AM
Can we just flat out ask them:

"You said before (quite recently) that there would be no more animated-styled Clone Wars figures. Yet, all of the new Clone Wars figures are done in the animated style.

Why did you lie to us? Do you not respect us? Were you afraid of what would happen if an Al Qaeda operative might be a Star Wars collector and learned that these figures would be animated-style?"

:D

mtriv73
02-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Questions 20-22 added.

Yeah, I was going to add that myself, so there ya go. I left out the delayed part only because I don't know what you're talking about there, details? Vote counted, you have 5 remaining.

In the powerpoint presentation they say that this line will be coming back in the fall (http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2008/Hasbro/presentation/image27.asp). Maybe I misread it and there will be as yet unannounced waves beyond the next one to fill the gap, but I took it to mean don't expect anything for a while.

Questions 20-22 added.
I'm not sure I understand this question or its sarcasm. Do you mean the original Clone Wars line that had the animated Target figures and then the realistic main line basics? They already said no.

Sorry, I was still a little miffed at Hasbro when I wrote that and can do without the question. Yes, I meant that the original clone wars line completely tanked (at least around here) and kept other things off the shelves. The first wave was available with little or no replenishment on the shelves until they were clearanced away. Basically, I just wanted confirmation that they weren't going to leave me high and dry by switching styles after 12+ years of collecting.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-19-2008, 03:16 PM
17, 18 and 22

Kidhuman
02-19-2008, 03:28 PM
21, 22, 13, 9, 10

I recommend to update question 9 to include the now announced vehicles. Something like this:

With the release of General Veers and At-At driver, along with the now seen new vehicles in the Galactic Heroes line, what are the odds of getting a GH AT-AT?

Droid
02-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I vote for 17, the Ishi Tibb question.

I propose new questions:

When will Hasbro announce those cantina figures it is putting out in 2008 and how many new cantina denziens can we expect this year (excluding resculpts and main characters like Han, Luke, Chewie, R2, 3P0, Obi-wan, Jawas, Sandtroopers, etc.)?

Everyone is really excited about the Bane Malor figure shown at Toy Fair. However, many of us were surprised that Bane was chosen over Sgt. Doallyn, the hapless character Chewbacca knocks down when entering Jabba's courtroom. Bane and Doallyn are similar in that they both wear black helmets (though the details of the helmets may vary). Can Bane be spotted in Return of the Jedi and has Hasbro considered making Sgt. Doallyn in the future?

Does the Wokling come out of its basket? If so, could we see a picture?

First off, a big thank you from the collecting community for making a Yarna figure. As you know, it has been an extremely requested figure for years. In many ways, Hasbro may have been producing the figure just to shut people up! You may be pleased to know, many people at this site have pledged to buy three or more of Yaran to support Hasbro's decision to make her. Since this is a question and answer though, does Yarna's head dress come off? If so, could we see a picture? Also, could we see a picture of the figure from the back?

ChrisLyne
02-19-2008, 07:18 PM
You mean question 18? :p Ok.

Thanks, I don't think it had been added to the list when I posted that (or I was even more tired than I thought, Toy Fair means late nights in the UK as all the good pictures/news comes out).

Since we've seen Hasbro's Press Release say there will be 30 TLC figures in '08 and we've only seen around half of them at the show, I think it's confirmed we'll be seeing at least 1 more wave, perhaps 2 more waves. Last year it was the same thing for TAC, we saw almost nothing of the line at TF.

Yeah what I meant by that question was they said 53 figures in total, and with the 15 in TAC and 30 in TLC that's only 45. When the CW wave was in TAC it was 23 and 30 which did make 53 and Hasbro said that the delays wouldn't alter the amount of figures we got this year, so either the toy fair info is wrong an there will be 38 figures in TLC (due to the CW wave being added) or a wave has been pushed back and it's only 46 figures this year. I just wanted clarification.

"Silver" is a polite way of saying "plain white". I will mention this to them in the next Q&A though without it being a question, it's merely a statement of correction, they are "silver" so I don't think we need to waste a question slot on this.

Thanks!

As for Cade's green saber, can you give a good reason why to include it, especially over his father's blue one or the red one he uses? The question needs fleshing out I think.

Yeah sure. His father's lightsaber has a new crystal in it since Cade received it in #12 and is now green. Check out #14, 18 and 19 where he's using it. This is the lightsaber he's currently carrying. He's only used a blue lightsaber as a Padawan in the first issue and when he's training on Ossuss before he gets his father's lightsaber. He only uses a red lightsaber for #17 when training with Talon. He's used the green one more. So technically the lightsaber they've given NJO Luke (Anakin style handle, green blade) is accurate for Cade.

He never uses a lightsaber in Legacy #2 so I doubt they will. But then again he never interacts with Talon in #2 either and Quinlan didn't wear his Clone Wars outfit in the comic he was packaged with, they went for his more popular look and I figured they'd do the same with Cade and give him a lightsaber since it'll probably be at least a few years before we see another Cade.

They said no such thing about '08 that I can find, just that it was coming at some point and we'd know around summer...

That's fair enough, I thought they'd said it would be later this year but I was remembering it wrong.

Edit: Forget I even asked the NJO question, I'll reword it after the results of the fan EU poll are announced.

DarkJedi5
02-21-2008, 01:27 AM
I get what you're saying, but with the Rancor coming out having taken it to the next level, I am not sure what to do with this, especially since Hasbro's not especially keen on beasties anymore. Thoughts?

Okay, I suppose that a question about why creatures are getting the shaft relative characters and vehicles is a better type of question. I'm just afraid that they're gonna give us the same crap answer about not having a line that can accommodate something between the $20 vehicles and the basic figs.

master J
02-21-2008, 01:08 PM
I have a new question:
In regards to the build a droid concept, will we see any on screen droids in this line? There are numerous protocol droids which still need to be made, this would be a great way of getting them! Droids such as U-3P0 and E-3P0 come to mind.

JediTricks
02-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Questions 23-26 added.
Questions 9, 21, 22 modified.

Can we just flat out ask them:

"You said before (quite recently) that there would be no more animated-styled Clone Wars figures. Yet, all of the new Clone Wars figures are done in the animated style.

Why did you lie to us? Do you not respect us? Were you afraid of what would happen if an Al Qaeda operative might be a Star Wars collector and learned that these figures would be animated-style?"

:DApril 13th, 2007:
YodasNews.com: Fans would love to get some more figures in the animated style? Can they look forward to a return of them at some point?
Hasbro: We will not be producing any more of the Clone Wars animated-style figures. Unfortunately, for each one of these we produced, we did not get results on par with the realistically styled versions of Clone Wars characters. Realistic is where we will be keeping our focus, but we are not leaving Clone Wars behind - there are still many excellent characters to be done from the series.Nov 3rd, 2006:
YodasNews.com: Will we ever see another run of Clone Wars Animated 3 3/4 Figures?
Hasbro: If we do more of the Cartoon Network Clone Wars figures, we'll be focusing on realistically styled figures.Sept 19, 2006:
Yakface.com: Does Hasbro have any future plans to make more waves of the animated Clone Wars figures. There are still more figures to be made. Also any plans to go outside the Clone Wars era and animate other figures (a la Gentle Giant)?
Hasbro: We do not have plans to produce more Clone Wars animated-style figures at this time.
Sept 22, 2006 (no idea why these are 3 days apart):
SWcollector.com: I know current figures based on the Cartoon Network Clone Wars cartoons are being done in realistic (i.e. "film style") sculpts. Will figures based on the upcoming CGI-animated series also be sculpted "film style," or will they reflect the new character designs from the show?
Hasbro: The specific style for the new animated figures has yet to be determined.
June 16, 2006:
GalacticHunter.com: Can we expect to see more Hasbro action figures from the Clone Wars Animated Series? If so, what is the rough timeline?
Hasbro: We do have plans for some of these characters in 2007, but we won't be announcing the specifics just yet. However, any we do will be in "realistic" styling rather than animated. We done some polling with fans, and overall the realistic style is prefered over the animated style so we are going to stick with that.
June 9, 2006:
JediDefender.com: What are the chances of one more Animated Clone Wars Wave (or box set)? We still need to get C-3PO, R2-D2, Padme (Ilum Snow Gear), and Darth Sidious to round out our sets!
Hasbro: Characters in Clone Wars are great - and we're looking at ways of getting more of them in the line for 2007. However any we do will be in "realistic" styling rather than animated. We’ve done some polling with fans, and overall the realistic style is preferred.
There is a pattern of Hasbro's thinking which is broken with the CGI cartoon's toy line, yet the answers don't match those results. That said, I don't think saying straight up that they're lying is a smart way to go, it could even open Steve up to charges of libel - but thanks a bundle for putting undo pressure on me to have to deal with it :ermm:. I have modified the question a little after reading over their answers all together, giving it a little more punch.

In the powerpoint presentation they say that this line will be coming back in the fall (http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2008/Hasbro/presentation/image27.asp). Maybe I misread it and there will be as yet unannounced waves beyond the next one to fill the gap, but I took it to mean don't expect anything for a while.Gotcha, hadn't seen that. I've modified the question.

Sorry, I was still a little miffed at Hasbro when I wrote that and can do without the question. Yes, I meant that the original clone wars line completely tanked (at least around here) and kept other things off the shelves. The first wave was available with little or no replenishment on the shelves until they were clearanced away. Basically, I just wanted confirmation that they weren't going to leave me high and dry by switching styles after 12+ years of collecting.Hmm, I see what you mean there, that's an interesting point from several different angles - the realistic CW line kept real SW product off the shelves, AND fans of the animated style were also left high and dry by the failure at market. There's a viable, worthy question in what you're saying, one that could either be tacked onto #22 or spun into its own. If you or anybody else can come up with something (that's not too tactless), I'll see what I can do.

BTW, I already counted your vote for #21 when you added the question, so you have 1 vote left again.

I recommend to update question 9 to include the now announced vehicles. Something like this:

With the release of General Veers and At-At driver, along with the now seen new vehicles in the Galactic Heroes line, what are the odds of getting a GH AT-AT?Makes sense. I shot from the hip modifying the question, not quite what you wrote but essentially the same.

quote=Droid;601232]I propose new questions:

When will Hasbro announce those cantina figures it is putting out in 2008 and how many new cantina denziens can we expect this year (excluding resculpts and main characters like Han, Luke, Chewie, R2, 3P0, Obi-wan, Jawas, Sandtroopers, etc.)?[/quote]What "those cantina figures [for] 2008" do you mean? I am not familiar with Hasbro saying they would do this (or plum forgot).

Everyone is really excited about the Bane Malor figure shown at Toy Fair. However, many of us were surprised that Bane was chosen over Sgt. Doallyn, the hapless character Chewbacca knocks down when entering Jabba's courtroom. Bane and Doallyn are similar in that they both wear black helmets (though the details of the helmets may vary). Can Bane be spotted in Return of the Jedi and has Hasbro considered making Sgt. Doallyn in the future?There is some debate about whether it's Doallyn or Bane Malar or even a 3rd party who is knocked down by Chewie, it's kind of a mess, one that I'm not ready to ring in on without more evidence at hand.

Does the Wokling come out of its basket? If so, could we see a picture?It's kinda specific, and we have the current Hasbro photo up, I don't think they're gonna have a different one than it in its basket: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=26403
I'll add it on a trial basis. You have 3 votes remaining.

First off, a big thank you from the collecting community for making a Yarna figure. As you know, it has been an extremely requested figure for years. In many ways, Hasbro may have been producing the figure just to shut people up! You may be pleased to know, many people at this site have pledged to buy three or more of Yaran to support Hasbro's decision to make her. Since this is a question and answer though, does Yarna's head dress come off? If so, could we see a picture? Also, could we see a picture of the figure from the back?I'm not adding this right now for 2 reasons: A) does it really matter if her headdress comes off? I can't think of a reason why it should come off. B) I don't want to be the site that asks about getting a picture of Yarna's butt. :D

Thanks, I don't think it had been added to the list when I posted that (or I was even more tired than I thought, Toy Fair means late nights in the UK as all the good pictures/news comes out).It was added on 02-13-2008, 08:31 PM, and you voted for it on 02-17-2008, 03:27 PM (all times PST of course). Oh, and it's easy to tell I added it before you posted because you voted by number for the question (19) which comes after it. :p But that's a'ight, I know stuff can be easy to miss around here, it gets hectic. :yes:

Yeah what I meant by that question was they said 53 figures in total, and with the 15 in TAC and 30 in TLC that's only 45. When the CW wave was in TAC it was 23 and 30 which did make 53 and Hasbro said that the delays wouldn't alter the amount of figures we got this year, so either the toy fair info is wrong an there will be 38 figures in TLC (due to the CW wave being added) or a wave has been pushed back and it's only 46 figures this year. I just wanted clarification.Ok, I see what you mean. Let me dig up the quote they gave us, it's an SSG one from October 26th...
Q: With the Star Wars team splitting their time with Indiana Jones and the Clone Wars CGI cartoon coming next year, how many new sculpts does Hasbro estimate we'll be seeing for Star Wars Original Trilogy figures in the basic carded line? Will each of the 6 films be getting its own wave in 2008? If not, which film won't be getting its own wave?
A: For 2008, we are going to take the classic total down by about one wave. So from the current 60 figures this year, expect around 53 figures or so. Episodes III-VI will each have waves along with a The Force Unleashed wave and a couple other surprises in there.
Alright, I crafted a question out of what you were saying, I had to reformat it because I got very confused by some of the stuff in the middle. LMK what you think, and question added.

Yeah sure. His father's lightsaber has a new crystal in it since Cade received it in #12 and is now green. Check out #14, 18 and 19 where he's using it. This is the lightsaber he's currently carrying. He's only used a blue lightsaber as a Padawan in the first issue and when he's training on Ossuss before he gets his father's lightsaber. He only uses a red lightsaber for #17 when training with Talon. He's used the green one more. So technically the lightsaber they've given NJO Luke (Anakin style handle, green blade) is accurate for Cade.

He never uses a lightsaber in Legacy #2 so I doubt they will. But then again he never interacts with Talon in #2 either and Quinlan didn't wear his Clone Wars outfit in the comic he was packaged with, they went for his more popular look and I figured they'd do the same with Cade and give him a lightsaber since it'll probably be at least a few years before we see another Cade.Ok, I can see why it should be the green one. You've kinda defeated the question with that "didn't use it Legacy #2" part though, so to shift the focus off that, when DOES he use the saber against Darth Talon while wearing that outfit? I don't read Legacy so it's kind of a challenge for me, and the only scans I can find of Talon vs Cade saber have Cade using a TPM-Obi-Wan-style green saber and not wearing his regular outfit. Basically, I want to add this, I just need more justification, more background.

Hell, Cade's holding the damned Obi-Wan-style saber I just mentioned on the cover of Legacy #2, so I'll just write up the Cade question and count that as your 4th vote.

Okay, I suppose that a question about why creatures are getting the shaft relative characters and vehicles is a better type of question. I'm just afraid that they're gonna give us the same crap answer about not having a line that can accommodate something between the $20 vehicles and the basic figs.Here's what they told us on ActionFigs.com in the very first Q&A, June 9th, 2006:
Will we be seeing more Beast/Creature assortments in the foreseeable future?
Though we understand that beast/creature assortments are desirable, at this time it appears that new vehicle assortments are in higher demand. Vehicles will play an integral part in our future line releases.
Other answers have been incredibly evasive, basically avoiding the issue of larger beasts at all costs except in the case of rehashing older ones like the Eopie and Bantha. I suppose it's worth asking again in a direct manner since it's been almost 2 years, but like you said, they'll probably just say something about the lack of demand, lack of popularity compared to figures and vehicles.... I dunno, maybe we could add it to the list with a proviso warning voters it may go sideways no matter what we ask, but I'd prefer to ask it in a bulletproof way instead. Damn, now I want to add this even though I've already burned over an hour and a half dealing with Q&A. I've added it, LMK what you think, don't be shy to suggest changes if needed. I counted your vote for it, you have 1 vote remaining.

I have a new question:
In regards to the build a droid concept, will we see any on screen droids in this line? There are numerous protocol droids which still need to be made, this would be a great way of getting them! Droids such as U-3P0 and E-3P0 come to mind.I'd rather ask about something more exotic than slightly-lighter C-3PO and silver, potty-mouthed C-3PO. Got anything?

PS - how is E-3PO substantially different from the TC-14 figure we have?

Kidhuman
02-23-2008, 08:32 PM
#9 is perfect JT.

El Chuxter
02-23-2008, 08:52 PM
JT, I was totally joking about that question. :D

However, I must say that, the way you worded it, it sounds legitimate.

Droid
02-23-2008, 09:13 PM
I believe that they said that there would be at least cantina figure per year and have also confirmed we would get an alien from the very first shot before Hem Dazon pops up. I'd like to know how many cantina figures we're getting this year and when they'll announce it. I guess you could just ask "Are we getting any cantina figures, how many, and when will you announce who they are?"

Also, if you look at the film it shows the guy Chewie knocks down is wearing a white outfit, like Doallyn, not like Bane. Also, I think the person Chewie knocks down has tubing on his helmet that is seen in the film that is not present on the Bane figure. I believe the character named Doallyn has the white jumpsuit and the tubing on the helmet, leading me to believe Chewie knocks down Doallyn, not Bane. Maybe we could ask if Bane can be spotted in Return of the Jedi and see if they answer, "Yes, Chewie knocks him down the stairs."

Thanks for adding the Wokling question!

I for one want to see Yarna's butt! Are you afraid if you add it everyone will vote for it? Maybe you can determine if I am alone in wanting to see a picture of the back of the figure by adding the question. Also, I thought that it would be nice after all the complaining we have done about that figure to thank them even if it "wastes" a question.

DarkJedi5
02-24-2008, 02:23 AM
I like the wording of question 26. I'll throw my last vote to question number 1.

Blue2th
02-24-2008, 02:50 AM
More votes for me:

Slicker
02-24-2008, 03:05 AM

That's about the only one that I'd care about. The rest of them are carp. And since I seem to be one of the few that's quite content with the offerings (i.e. I don't complain about every dang figure that comes out) I don't have any questions...

...oh, wait. I DO have a question.

Could you make a question about them making an SA Cruisemissle Trooper (and the little cruisemissle thingie)?! You don't have to add in the multiple colors part since it's inevitable that they'd do it anyways. :thumbsup:

Also, if you look at the film it shows the guy Chewie knocks down is wearing a white outfit, like Doallyn, not like Bane. Also, I think the person Chewie knocks down has tubing on his helmet that is seen in the film that is not present on the Bane figure. I believe the character named Doallyn has the white jumpsuit and the tubing on the helmet, leading me to believe Chewie knocks down Doallyn, not Bane. Maybe we could ask if Bane can be spotted in Return of the Jedi and see if they answer, "Yes, Chewie knocks him down the stairs." If you count the Decipher cards as canon (and I'm pretty sure most do) then the guy Chewie throws down the stairs is indeed Sgt. Doallyn (http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/decpdlyn.jpg).

JediTricks
02-24-2008, 11:42 PM
I believe that they said that there would be at least cantina figure per year and have also confirmed we would get an alien from the very first shot before Hem Dazon pops up. I'd like to know how many cantina figures we're getting this year and when they'll announce it. I guess you could just ask "Are we getting any cantina figures, how many, and when will you announce who they are?"I haven't seen either of those "one per year" or "pre-Hem Dazon" answers, got any sources on either? I went through all the answers I have, nothing.

Also, if you look at the film it shows the guy Chewie knocks down is wearing a white outfit, like Doallyn, not like Bane. Also, I think the person Chewie knocks down has tubing on his helmet that is seen in the film that is not present on the Bane figure. I believe the character named Doallyn has the white jumpsuit and the tubing on the helmet, leading me to believe Chewie knocks down Doallyn, not Bane. Maybe we could ask if Bane can be spotted in Return of the Jedi and see if they answer, "Yes, Chewie knocks him down the stairs."I just cued it up, it's DEFINITELY a black outfit, and the dome is round and shiny like Malar. Moreover, Doallyn's absolutely a different guy, he's on the second skiff at the front when it turns to take out the first skiff, and is also the first one on that skiff that Luke sends over the side.

I for one want to see Yarna's butt! Are you afraid if you add it everyone will vote for it? Maybe you can determine if I am alone in wanting to see a picture of the back of the figure by adding the question. Also, I thought that it would be nice after all the complaining we have done about that figure to thank them even if it "wastes" a question.It's not important enough IMO so we get not much if we get a positive response, and if the answer is "no" then we have nothing at all and have wasted a question for nothing. I already have the thanks in the list of things to send in as a non-question though.

...oh, wait. I DO have a question.

Could you make a question about them making an SA Cruisemissle Trooper (and the little cruisemissle thingie)?! You don't have to add in the multiple colors part since it's inevitable that they'd do it anyways. :thumbsup:Banned!

If you count the Decipher cards as canon (and I'm pretty sure most do) then the guy Chewie throws down the stairs is indeed Sgt. Doallyn (http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/decpdlyn.jpg).What, Decipher CCG is wrong yet again? :eek: No, the devil, you say! :p Yeah, they're dead wrong, 100% incorrect as usual.

Cane_Adiss
02-25-2008, 12:06 AM
I just cued it up, it's DEFINITELY a black outfit, and the dome is round and shiny like Malar. Moreover, Doallyn's absolutely a different guy, he's on the second skiff at the front when it turns to take out the first skiff, and is also the first one on that skiff that Luke sends over the side.

What, Decipher CCG is wrong yet again? :eek: No, the devil, you say! :p Yeah, they're dead wrong, 100% incorrect as usual.

Actually JT, if you watch closely you can see that the costume/helmet doesn't match Bane Malar's at all. Yes, Doallyn is wearing black in that scene, and it's yet to be determined officially if the guy in white on the skiff wearing the same style helmet is a Doallyn or somebody different. Basically, Decipher is an "official" source so since they say it's Doallyn, I'll go along with it. It is concievable that Doallyn changes clothes from time to time isn't it? Also, if you read the Yarna tale from the Tales from Jabba's Palace book, you will know that it was Doallyn that Chewie throws down the stairs, not Malar. Bane Malar isn't even clearly visible at all in the movie, and I SCOURED those scenes just to find him.

JediTricks
02-25-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm very confident it's Bane Malar, the helmet in the scene is round and shiny which is not at all like the angular Doallyn helmet, so you'd have to pull some crazy good stills to convince me otherwise.

Decipher is an official source of lies and worthless information, and nothing else. They don't even know who John D (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/John_D._Branon) is even though he's a credited character, they named him Naytaan (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Naytaan).

bigbarada
02-25-2008, 03:25 AM
I watched that scene again and it's unmistakably Bane Malar that gets thrown down by Chewie.

So it looks like yet another "official source" at Lucasfilm is wrong, yet again. What else is new?

And I wouldn't believe the Tales of Jabba's Palace book either. If you really read those stories, it becomes painfully clear that some of the writers didn't even know which alien they were writing about.

Cane_Adiss
02-25-2008, 11:10 AM
I don't know what to tell you, but I watched that scene just now and did a frame by frame and the helmet looks like Doallyn's. He looks to be wearing similar outfit to Malar but even that isn't the same. The bandolier is different and the white "tubing" around Malar's helmet isn't present. Instead, the black tubing that connects to the sides of the helmet can be clearly seen. Nor does the helmet have the little silver "scope thingy" on the top like Malar. In the one frame where he has just been pushed backwards you can see the shape of Doallyn's visor pretty clearly. Sure it looks more shiny in the film, but in the Decipher pic the top and sides of the helmet are shiny, and that's all you really see in the film anyway.

I guess this is a debate to bring to that Leland Chee guys attention.

bigbarada
02-25-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't know what to tell you, but I watched that scene just now and did a frame by frame and the helmet looks like Doallyn's. He looks to be wearing similar outfit to Malar but even that isn't the same. The bandolier is different and the white "tubing" around Malar's helmet isn't present. Instead, the black tubing that connects to the sides of the helmet can be clearly seen. Nor does the helmet have the little silver "scope thingy" on the top like Malar. In the one frame where he has just been pushed backwards you can see the shape of Doallyn's visor pretty clearly. Sure it looks more shiny in the film, but in the Decipher pic the top and sides of the helmet are shiny, and that's all you really see in the film anyway.

I guess this is a debate to bring to that Leland Chee guys attention.

This isn't realy worth arguing about, so just admit you're wrong and we can move on.:p

Just kidding, I'll try to get some screenshots so we can decipher (heavy groan) exactly who that is.

Droid
02-25-2008, 05:48 PM
How about this, from rebelscum.com:

Hasbro's 26th STAR WARS Q&A: The Answers!
Posted by Curto on March 16, 2007 at 05:06 PM CST:
As part of Hasbro's bi-weekly Q&A session, Rebelscum passed on 3 of your burning questions and now we've got the answers for you.

Rebelscum: Cantina aliens seem to be more popular with collectors than Jabba's aliens. I believe the Cantina scene is the most iconic "space fantasy" scene ever. When determining which cantina alien to produce as a figure, do you base your decision more on movie scenes or on popularity of a character?

For example, the descision to make Myo to fill the sceen with Muftak and Djas Phur. If it is based upon movie scenes what's the possibility of such characters as Arleil Schous, Brainiac, F'u Man-Chu, & Bom Vimdin to sit with our Hem Dazon?

Hasbro: We have to admit that we love our Cantina aliens, but don't necessarily agree with them being more popular than Jabba's Palace denizens, which have gained steam with collectors in recent years and seem to be popular in the Q&A, in online forms, and at conventions. We think the importance of both iconic scenes is that they, more definitely that perhaps any other scenes, transported us to a Galaxy Far, Far Away. We think It's best to "spread the love" to both of these iconic scenes in equal measures and you'll see us try to continue to do to that. As for Cantina character selects, since many of them have about the same screen time, we tend to base our selections on the ones we think look coolest and most uniquely Star Wars and are "must haves" for the Cantina fans. At least one of the ones you mentioned are scheduled for 2008. We hope, eventually, to be able to do all of them but the humans are taking a back seat a bit.

And if we are thinking them for Yarna in a non-question context, I am quite content. I thought the thanks was much more important than the question.

Now can we ask my cantina question?

JediTricks
02-25-2008, 09:29 PM
How about this, from rebelscum.com:

Hasbro's 26th STAR WARS Q&A: The Answers!
Posted by Curto on March 16, 2007 at 05:06 PM CST:
As part of Hasbro's bi-weekly Q&A session, Rebelscum passed on 3 of your burning questions and now we've got the answers for you.

Rebelscum: Cantina aliens seem to be more popular with collectors than Jabba's aliens. I believe the Cantina scene is the most iconic "space fantasy" scene ever. When determining which cantina alien to produce as a figure, do you base your decision more on movie scenes or on popularity of a character?

For example, the descision to make Myo to fill the sceen with Muftak and Djas Phur. If it is based upon movie scenes what's the possibility of such characters as Arleil Schous, Brainiac, F'u Man-Chu, & Bom Vimdin to sit with our Hem Dazon?

Hasbro: We have to admit that we love our Cantina aliens, but don't necessarily agree with them being more popular than Jabba's Palace denizens, which have gained steam with collectors in recent years and seem to be popular in the Q&A, in online forms, and at conventions. We think the importance of both iconic scenes is that they, more definitely that perhaps any other scenes, transported us to a Galaxy Far, Far Away. We think It's best to "spread the love" to both of these iconic scenes in equal measures and you'll see us try to continue to do to that. As for Cantina character selects, since many of them have about the same screen time, we tend to base our selections on the ones we think look coolest and most uniquely Star Wars and are "must haves" for the Cantina fans. At least one of the ones you mentioned are scheduled for 2008. We hope, eventually, to be able to do all of them but the humans are taking a back seat a bit.

And if we are thinking them for Yarna in a non-question context, I am quite content. I thought the thanks was much more important than the question.

Now can we ask my cantina question?
I saw that answer when searching for the source to your question, but dismissed it as I don't see anything in there about committing to doing 1 cantina alien per year or doing specifically a pre-Hem Dazon shot figure. And I just don't think it's that important to ask if we're getting a Cantina figure this year since they already said we were getting at least 1, and the "when" of the announcement is kinda lame, it's a non-answer unless they spill the beans, and those beans have already been spilled a little.

Droid
02-25-2008, 10:33 PM
I saw that answer when searching for the source to your question, but dismissed it as I don't see anything in there about committing to doing 1 cantina alien per year or doing specifically a pre-Hem Dazon shot figure. And I just don't think it's that important to ask if we're getting a Cantina figure this year since they already said we were getting at least 1, and the "when" of the announcement is kinda lame, it's a non-answer unless they spill the beans, and those beans have already been spilled a little.

Well I'd like to know how many cantina figures we're getting. :whip:

sebillba
02-26-2008, 06:49 AM
Well I'd like to know how many cantina figures we're getting. :whip:

I really want to know this as well. I was disappointed we didn't see any new cantina figures at TF, and since then all I keep reading is that we're only getting two movie waves this year (ROTS and ROTJ), so can we get confirmation we're still getting at least one or two this year, and when we'll find out which ones?

JediTricks
02-26-2008, 05:59 PM
We already have confirmation we're getting ROTS, ANH, ESB, and ROTJ waves this year, and that one of the ANH figures will be Arleil Schous, Brainiac, F'u Man-Chu, or Bom Vimdin.

Hasbro in the past has given us "we're not giving details on specific figures right now" answers, I don't want to risk that again only to be left holding an empty bag, especially when a positive answer will only hone down what we already know, that it'll be at least one of the following: Arleil Schous, Brainiac, F'u Man-Chu, Bom Vimdin.

Kidhuman
02-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Try the hypothetical approach JT.

JediTricks
02-27-2008, 03:56 PM
It's not that type of problem, we don't need a hypothetical because they're not contractually obligated to withhold information on the matter the way they are with Target. Moreover, we already know we're getting at least one of those 4 guys, nothing hypothetical about that part.

My concern is viability of the question AND answer, I just got Hasbro's answers in a few minutes ago and have posted them, and they play precisely into my concerns on this, there are a lot of nothing answers because I let you guys strongarm me into using questions I wasn't convinced of. In fact, it's only that I doctored the Imperial Recruitment Posters question that we have anything to talk about this week at all, I tacked on someone else's question about other Visionaries figures and Hasbro confirmed we're getting one.

Bottom line, I feel strongly that the end result won't be rewarding enough to the majority of readers if we get a positive response (especially since they already know so much about the cantina figure we're getting this year), and a likely negative "wait and see" response will be a total waste, it's just not good enough odds to warrant it, I think.

JediTricks
02-28-2008, 04:39 AM
Question 26 stricken due to this answer from 4-inches.de:

4-inch.de: During the POTF2-era Hasbro released several creature with figure sets. Later on creature sets became rare although especially with the New Trilogy there are even more creatures that could be released (e.g. Orray w/ Geonosian Warrior, Aiwha w/ Kaminoan Rider, Shaak w/ Anakin & Padmé, Felucia Gelagrub Beetle w/ Clone Troopers, Naboo Gualaar w/ Funeral Padmé, Utapau Nos Monster), and most creatures that has been released from the Classic Trilogy would profit from an update (e.g. Jabba the Hutt or Dewback). And some creatures could be released in a different way again (e.g. Falumpaset w/ Boss Nass, Eopie w/ Obi-Wan). We know that Hasbro don't want to release other assortments as the existing ones but as the speederbikes has come with the latest battle pack assortment: Could Hasbro imagine to release more creatures within the battle pack assortment and how are the odds for those creatures, mentioned above?
Hasbro: Historically, creatures have done OK but not sold as well as vehicles, which is why we have been putting our emphasis on enhacing our vehicle library in recent years as opposed to initiating new creatures (kybuck excepted). There is a chance that we could get to some more creatures, but some of the ones you mention, like the Aiwha, are positively huge and will probably never be produced. Other creatures, like the Shaak, just because of its nature, will probably never be something that we would focus on when there are many more worthy candidates ahead of it. Smaller creatures could be possible down the road, and an update of Jabba is very likely at some point.
DarkJedi5 and Blue2th, you are each refunded 1 vote.

ChrisLyne
02-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Ok, I can see why it should be the green one. You've kinda defeated the question with that "didn't use it Legacy #2" part though, so to shift the focus off that, when DOES he use the saber against Darth Talon while wearing that outfit? I don't read Legacy so it's kind of a challenge for me, and the only scans I can find of Talon vs Cade saber have Cade using a TPM-Obi-Wan-style green saber and not wearing his regular outfit. Basically, I want to add this, I just need more justification, more background.

Hell, Cade's holding the damned Obi-Wan-style saber I just mentioned on the cover of Legacy #2, so I'll just write up the Cade question and count that as your 4th vote.

Ok been away for a few days so this probably doesn't matter any more (especially as he's holding the Obi-Wan style blue one on the cover) but he uses the green one Anakin style lightsaber in a fight against Talon in #14 as he's breaking into the Sith Temple and in #18 when he's fighting Krayt, Talon and Nihl in the throne room. He doesn't even meet Talon in #2 (which the pack is said to be based on).

sebillba
02-28-2008, 05:41 PM
12, 17, 22, 23, 24.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 07:26 PM
1, 2, 5, 16, 17, 24 :)

jediguy
02-28-2008, 09:26 PM
thank you

please add 18 and 25

thanks again

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the votes gang! Here's mine:

2 vader chain
5 roleplay
15 tfu rerelease
18 comic packs
21 ts
24 tf miscount

El Chuxter
02-29-2008, 11:37 AM
It's figure-specific, but I'd like to know:

After six years, you've finally made a highly articulated Jango Fett figure that looks great. Trouble is, his jumpsuit is a garish shade of purple that never appears in the film or any EU source. Was this an error, and, if so, will it be corrected in future shipments?

Kidhuman
02-29-2008, 11:43 AM
If I have any votes left, count it towards EC's question if it gets added.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-29-2008, 01:06 PM
This likely won't be voted on until the next round, but I wanted to add it before I forget:

It has been reported that the Clone Wars products will debut on July 26. Is this just a tentative on-shelf date, or will it be more "concrete" like the release dates of the prequel products? What products are you planning on releasing then?

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 04:27 PM
It's figure-specific, but I'd like to know:

After six years, you've finally made a highly articulated Jango Fett figure that looks great. Trouble is, his jumpsuit is a garish shade of purple that never appears in the film or any EU source. Was this an error, and, if so, will it be corrected in future shipments?

This likely won't be voted on until the next round, but I wanted to add it before I forget:

It has been reported that the Clone Wars products will debut on July 26. Is this just a tentative on-shelf date, or will it be more "concrete" like the release dates of the prequel products? What products are you planning on releasing then?Sometimes it really bugs me that we have such a limited resource in these Q&As, it seems like so many of these things are "right now" questions, but we cannot possibly fit them all in our allotment. I'll add both questions to the next round... actually, I'm going to include JabbaJohn's question because it's been a topic of conversation around here since Toy Fair

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Well, that's it for this round. Thanks to everybody who voted! Look for the answers a week from today, that's March 7th.

I'm going over the vote tally, and for the first time ever, there is no question with zero votes! Every single one of the 27 questions in the list, including the one added at the last minute, has at least 1 vote, and only 4 have merely 1 vote, the rest have 2 or more. This is unprecedented!

Here's what we sent in this round:

Why was Titanium Series so poorly represented at your Toy Fair display? Can you tell us what's forthcoming for Titaniums later in the year (preferably with pictures), and why they are delayed until fall? Are we ever getting the Outrider mentioned back in '06?
The Hasbro SW Toy Fair press release has The Legacy Collection clocking in at 30 basic figures. Back in October, you told us "For 2008, we are going to take the classic total down by about one wave. So from the current 60 figures this year, expect around 53 figures or so." The '08 TAC line has 15 figures total across its 2 waves, so according to your info, adding another 30 basic figures will give us a total of just 45 figures, a whole wave smaller than the 53-ish you originally stated. Has an '08 wave been pushed back out of the year, or are there more figures to be expected in the TLC line than the press release stated?
In recent years, many Darth Vader figures have included a silver piece of fabric material around the neck to represent the chain that holds Vader's cape on. However, every time this feature has been included, the "chain" ends up looking too big and out-of-place, while Vader figures that do not include this chain end up looking much better. In the interest of accuracy, could the chain either be scaled down (to better match its look in Episodes III, V, and VI), or done as sculpted plastic (as on earlier incarnations), or simply left off (as in Episode IV) on future Darth Vader figures?
You've said in the past that you were done with animated figures, that your testing had shown the realistic style to be far preferred over animated, yet the new Clone Wars show's figures are based on its animation rather than the realistic style. What was the thinking behind going animated-style with these rather than realistic?
Hasbro's Toy Fair press release uses a July 26th availability date for all the Clone Wars products, as well as the new Legacy Collection line, and does not include an "approximate" qualifier. Will this be just a tentative on-shelf date, or is this a more "concrete" release date like those of the intial prequel films' product lines?
The Comic Packs are a very welcomed addition to a lot of Star Wars collectors, but there is a lot of buzz about Hasbro's choices of whom to include in these packs. Many collectors are wondering how does Hasbro chose which characters to make, since the ToyFare fans' choice poll a few years ago included a lot of comic-based characters such as Exar Kun, Guri and others who have yet to receive the action figure treatment. So how does Hasbro plan these packs, and just what goes into your choices? -and-

Also, this is another time-sensitive matter for Hasbro so it's being included regardless of whether we get back a comment on it...
In your Toy Fair display, one of the Comic Packs is from SW Legacy, it's of 2 Imperial Knights. While the figures look very accurate, they are sporting red lightsaber blades which is inaccurate, in the comics they use "silver" saber blades as seen here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Knight
We're mentioning this now so if it was done as a mistake, it could be corrected before the error goes to production.
Finally, on behalf of the readers and forumites of SSG who have been campaigning for over 7 years to get a Yarna d'al Gargan figure made: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=1343
and the collector community overall, it is a great pleasure to extend a huge thanks to the folks at Hasbro who have made our Yarna figure a reality. THANK YOU TO THE HASBRO STAR WARS TEAM!!!
Look for the new round of voting soon.