PDA

View Full Version : Arena Battle Ships Details...

Co Jo-Da
02-12-2002, 08:18 PM
Sorry, I don't have any pictures...

Iím sure youíll love this, guys! There are so many different vehicles seen in the big fight on Geonosis, hereís the breakdown on a few of those Republic bad boys:
LAAT/i
Also known as the Republic Gunship, the LAAT/i (Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry) is a powerful ship that can transport up to 2,000 troops or four Military Swoops. Enemy fighters must either surrender their speed or maintain high altitudes when persuing a LAAT/i. It contains a crew of approximately 30 troops and one IM-6 medical droid. It also contains repulsor lift stretchers, medical packs and decontamination tents.

LAAT/c
The Low Altitude Assault Transport/cargo ship is responsible for deploying large amounts of troops to the battle front.

MILITARY SWOOPS
Also know as the Scout Swoops, these one-person swoops are deployed by a LAAT/i through the rear of the ship. The riders fly ahead for forward reconnaissance or secure the flanks and wake of the battle lines.

AT-TE
The All-Terrain Tactical Enforcer, unlike fast-flying aircraft and fighters, exerts a persistently formidable presence on the ground. For rapid deployment of troops, AT-TE walkers can ride a LAAT/c gunship to the battlefront and are excellent vehicles for penetrating force fields. AT-TE's are also well shielded against electromagnetic pulse weapons and ion cannon fire. Also known as the Clone Assault Walker, the AT-TE stands on six legs, has two squads of clones and a clone on top with a swivel gun. With the passengers unloaded, AT-TEís can run at a terrifying pace.
The AT-TE contains a crew of 20 plus one IM-6 medic droid.

Episode X posted this about some of the cool ships that we COULD see in the Arena Battle, what do all you think...?

Lord Tenebrous
02-12-2002, 09:19 PM
Also known as the Republic Gunship, the LAAT/i (Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry) is a powerful ship that can transport up to 2,000 troops or four Military Swoops. Enemy fighters must either surrender their speed or maintain high altitudes when persuing a LAAT/i. It contains a crew of approximately 30 troops and one IM-6 medical droid. It also contains repulsor lift stretchers, medical packs and decontamination tents.

Not quite...

There's the Republic Assault Ship, which is the really large troop carrier. Then you have the Gunship, which is about 30. Then you have the single-person swoop.

We saw these in the trailer. The bigs ones are the RAS's, and you can see about nine Gunships between the large ships.

Obi-Don
02-13-2002, 09:10 AM
These ships look so good and the pictures are great. Man, I can't wait for the movie.

Co Jo-Da
02-13-2002, 03:04 PM
I hope the CloneTroopers riding the SWOOPS look like the Scout Troopers (my second favorite next the Royal Guards) from RotJ...