PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Toy Fair rumors!

Battle Droid
02-11-2008, 08:11 PM
From, http://jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1202777523,60620,

* AT-TE: The vehicle is indeed "huge", as we caught a glimpse of in the CNN video. It will feature a motorized troop deployment door though, and electronic sounds as well! If other rumors hold true, this vehicle could very well be to-scale to the figures!

* Clone Trooper Helmet: This Role-Play Toy is going to have something extra to it. The word is that there may be a holographic projection feature that works with the visor. Could kids have the Emperor send Order 66 sent to them?

* New Clone Wars Figures: The new line is indeed going to be animated... sort of. The figures will be a mix of animated and realistic styling, with the heads looking more like their 3-D animation counterparts, while their bodies will look more realistic. The animated styling seemed more "overall" on the battledroid figure however, and not just the head. The figures may be akin to the Obi-Wan in Armor figure recently pictured in Previews, where the head had a noticeable difference in sculpting to it.

* AT-TE Part 2: The AT-TE's troop door mechanism will actually be 3 troop doors that open simultaneously. The walker holds 20 Clone Troopers as well, and will have not just sound, but lights also. Cost in the U.S. should be between $100 and $120. Again, our sources stressed it is "really big!" to us as well.

* Clone Wars Figures, Part 2: The Clone Wars Figures look to be proportioned and articulated to the standards of the basic line. Lots of super articulation, nice sculpts, just that the heads are in the "animated style" compared to the more realistic sculpts (as noted above). However, this could leave Hasbro the opportunity to simply put new, realistic heads onto these figures as a way of capitalizing on fans of both styles as well. Jedi seem to come with Clone Armor attachment accessories. People who dislike action features will also be pleased to hear that there are no features on these figures so far!

Maradona
02-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Just finished reading this over a JD. We'll see how this looks in a few days.

Droid
02-11-2008, 08:45 PM
The site also reports:

Wave 4 Return of the Jedi: Figures look outstanding and the rumor lists are holding true. Figure quality seems to be holding up to 2007's standards, and Yarna looks very ornate and colorful, which should make her fans very happy!

I just can't believe it. I won't believe it until I see it in plastic. It's like another joke ready to come crashing down on us all. However, I would be so happy if it was true, more happy than any person should be about a toy.

For Yarna to be made and to be done well. Man on man on man. And to think we might see a picture of her THIS weekend!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2008, 04:42 PM
The figures may be akin to the Obi-Wan in Armor figure recently pictured in Previews, where the head had a noticeable difference in sculpting to it.
I don't get what they're trying to say . . . that Obi-Wan is entirely realistic. Eh, we'll see.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I'll have to see these before i say yes or no to them, i'm going to give Hasbro a chance and see if these figures are worth it, i hope they are because i'm sure a lot of cool characters are bound to come to us...i just don't want completely animated style figures...So i guess come Toy Fair...I will know for sure.

Maradona
02-13-2008, 11:42 PM
$100 for the AT-TE will get me to buy a few more than I thought I would.

I'm happy that a playset is coming for the INDY line, which I'll likely skip except for a few, but this contradicts scores of Hasbro Q&As where they state playsets are evils that have been eradicated from the earth.

jedi master sal
02-14-2008, 08:03 AM
$100 for the AT-TE will get me to buy a few more than I thought I would.

I'm happy that a playset is coming for the INDY line, which I'll likely skip except for a few, but this contradicts scores of Hasbro Q&As where they state playsets are evils that have been eradicated from the earth.

Especially when Indy is unproven. There hasn't been Indy toys for how long now? And yet it gets a playset before SW, when we have been clamoring for how long now? Last one we got was the Geonosis arena. It wasn't a great playset so it didn't fly off the shelves. Call us fickle, but while we want playsets, we want them to be GOOD playsets. Look back on the POTF2 mini playsets. Those things were wretched. I still got them though.

Point being, there are opportunities to make GOOD playsets inexpensively for SW.
How Hasbro can "take the risk" on Indy before SW is beyond me.

There IS a market for them. Just look to many of the major collecting sites and you'll see plenty people posting about wanting them.

Modular or all in one, we need SOMETHING.
While I'm ECSTATIC about the AT-TE it doesn't constitute a playset in my book. We need the Death Star in some form (many opportunites for small playsets here including the Red Control room, new trash compactor, Emperor's throng room, Falcon Hangar bay, Conference room, tractor field trench, and even hallways to connect them all. And what of these-Dagobah, Endor, Jabbas Palace, the Cantina, etc.

I'm convinced that were Hasbro to do some upfront marketing and actually communicate directly with we collectors (who are the most vocal consumers of SW products) that they could get a CLEAR vision of what is desired. Layout a clear plan and promotion. Let us know which sets are being made and when they are coming out. Don't play the guessing game like we've been doing with Toy Fair. Allow us to know and be excited about knowing what the future holds for playsets.

Honestly, I'd be very excited if say for instance Hasbro came out with a promotion where they for example said something like this-

In 2009 Playsets are coming to the Star Wars Universe.
Look for the first one in spring 2009-The Death Star hangar-recreate the Falcon's capture and escape as well as the final battle between Obi-wan and Darth Vader.
Then in the summer of 2009 the Creature Cantina! This epic location is the scene by which all future Sci-FI alien filled films are held up to. It's the place where Luke and Ben Kenobi first meet Han Solo and Chewbacca. Whether it's the encounter with Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba or Greedo, there's plenty of action in the Cantina.
Follow these up in the fall with Jabba's Palace. Scene of the dramatic capture of Princess Leia, Chewbacca and Luke, as well as the battle of the rancor, Jabba's Palace is sure to bring excitement to kids of all ages.

Look for these and more to come in 2010 with more Death Star playsets, the Ewok village, prequel trilogy locations such as Queen Amidalas Palace, the Jedi Temple, Battle for Utapau and beyond....

If Hasbro did something like that and we saw they were committed to it for the long haul, I think it would be something many of us would get behind. Without a long term plan like this laid out for the masses, many of us would be hesitant to get any as we wouldn't want to start getting something without knowing if Hasbro would ever FINISH what they had started. I for one would be a bit leary of getting Death Star sets if I didn't know they were going to make all of the major scenes. No doubts I'd still buy them, but I'd rather know before hand so I could make long term plans.

(cue JTs inevitable rebuff....heh heh)

Battle Droid
02-16-2008, 11:08 AM
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/021508nytfclonewars.html

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfclone1.jpg

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfclone2.jpg

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfclone3.jpg

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfclone4.jpg

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfclone5.jpg

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfclone6.jpg

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfclone7.jpg

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfclone8.jpg

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Hmm, these seem to not be like the others very much at all; it feels like a different line altogether. I don't know if I'll get these . . . probably, but I wish they were realistic.

bigbarada
02-16-2008, 03:28 PM
If this is going to be a theatrical release, then it makes sense for them to be in the animated style of the movie.

Doesn't mean I'm going to be buying any of them though. In fact, this in combination with the action features will make this entire line an easy pass for me.

sebillba
02-16-2008, 03:36 PM
These look like an easy pass to me.... except probably the Yoda, as I can never resist the little guy, even though the force lightning up his sleeve almost ruins it. I'm quite pleased really, as along with TFU line I can save even more money - though I'll probably blow it all on Indy figures this year.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Wow...I'm really dissppaointed, but not surprised.
what can i say...These things suck.
Oh well, more cash saved...and i don't have to budget out to get indy stuff now.

jedi master sal
02-16-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm cool with the B-a-D (Build a droid) figures. I figured they'd all be protocol and astrodroids. (See my post on JediDefender).

Evo Padme and Pilots-ok, I'll most likely buy.

I'm EXTREMELY happy to here that not only are we getting the AT-TE, but also the Homing Spider droid! and in the same year! Sweet. That's my most requested CIS droid that I wanted.

I'm curious if the A-wing will now be the New Republic Blue colors.

Comic fig-Ok cool. I'm especially looking forward to the Legacy comic packs, (not to be confused with the new "Legacy" line of figures which is what the B-a-D figure line will be called).

Order 66 with Jedi and Astromechs?? That has me a little confused. I wonder who? Obi/his jedi Starfighter droid; Mace/JSF droid; Anakin/JSF droid....boring all of them if that's the case. Mayeb we'll get Kit Fisto and Saesee Tiin with their respective JSF Astromechs.

The new Hoth set is okay. Hopefully the Porbe Droid is NEW, but I won't get my hopes up. R5-M2! Sweet!
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/71/R5-m2.jpg

Animated! F'in CrIse... Well now I'm in a quandry. I've said I won't buy these, but I just realized that the Clone Wars figures won't be done and over in 2008. If LFL has their way the show will go for at least 100 episodes. So that means this line could last for YEARS! So I'm going to have to make a serious decision about these. Do I or don't I. If I get them, I know I'll most likely be POed if Hasbro turns around and makes realistic version. If I don't get them, then I'll be paranoid thinking Hasbro may NOT make them in realistic fashion. Strange I know. I DO like the clones and battle droids, but damn, if I buy them, I know I'll break down and buy all of the different characters.

I'm passing on the Diamond stuff. Not really into big figures any more and not at the prices they're going to want for them.

Revell models-meh dpends on which ones. They SERIOUSLY need to bring the Venator class Star Destroyer to the US. I have two and had to get them from the U.K. and not too cheap either.

Rebelscum GG bust-Actually this looks pretty good. I may just get this one.

I can't wait to see MORE PICS!!!

I'm glued to my computer for the rest of the weekend!

-Sal

El Chuxter
02-18-2008, 10:20 PM
My God. Those Clone Wars figures... the worst of all possible worlds! If these were made of aged limburger cheese, they couldn't be any worse.

I need to go wash my eyes now.