PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an image

Dar' Argol
02-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Yup . . I am compiling a new tattoo for my left shoulder, and I found an image of Boba Fett I want to use in a calender I Have called The Art of Star Wars Box Calender. I have scanned the image to at least post it. I have looking for as high of a res image as I can get . . large and clear. I have googled every possible combination to try and find this and I cannot. Or if someone knows the artists name or where this image was used that would be great!

Any help would be appreciated guys!

El Chuxter
02-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I haven't seen it before, but it looks like Dave Dorman's work.

bigbarada
02-12-2008, 05:30 PM
It looks like the card art for an Unleashed figure.

LTBasker
02-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Yup, it was for Unleashed Boba.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-STAR-WARS-BOBA-FETT-UNLEASHED-ORIGINAL-PACKAGING_W0QQitemZ150214241916QQihZ005QQcategoryZ 2476QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dar' Argol
02-12-2008, 06:28 PM
You rocks rock out loud! You got me pointed in the right direction. I found the artist name is Clark Mitchell. After going to his site, www.ranch5.com . . . I finagled a high res pic out of copying my screen and piecing it back together. Thanx for pointing me in the right direction!

CaptainSolo1138
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Are you paying him royalties to use his work?:p

2-1B
02-12-2008, 08:23 PM
I think you should go with this one instead:

Dar' Argol
02-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Are you paying him royalties to use his work?:p

Ummm . . . yeah . . sure . . . . definitely maybe!

I think you should go with this one instead:

Now that is the ultimate Fett!! I've ditched my previous ideas and I am now going to have the Fett inked on my body!:thumbsup:

2-1B
02-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Glad I could help, old bean ! :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
02-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Use this one instead, oyes!

Dar' Argol
02-12-2008, 10:53 PM
OMG . . I seriously just spit my water all over the place . . . . you may owe me a new keyboard . . .

El Chuxter
02-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Sorry, man. Hopefully this will make up for it.

(Everybody's gonna wonder what I'm smokin'.)

JediTricks
02-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Screencap won't print out very nicely because it's 72dpi. You'd be better off taking the calendar to someplace that can do high-res scans. Or try photographing it, that moire pattern that the scanner puts in there probably won't remain. Or just take the dang calendar with you when you get the tat! :p

bigbarada
02-13-2008, 01:37 AM
After going to his site, www.ranch5.com . . .

So the guy who did the Unleashed card art is from Texas, huh? I've always wondered why the card art for the female figures made them look like roadhouse tramps. I guess that explains it (especially Aurra Singh).

CaptainSolo1138
02-13-2008, 06:52 AM
Looking through all of the cards at the same time made me take note of something: the guy doesn't like drawing feet. Eleven out of the 24 cards have them obscured by something.

It reminds me of the SNL where Will Ferrell plays the police sketch artist who has trouble with hair, so he always draws the suspects with a hat.

El Chuxter
02-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Looking through all of the cards at the same time made me take note of something: the guy doesn't like drawing feet. Eleven out of the 24 cards have them obscured by something.

Hmmmm.... No feet, eh?

I wonder.... They say that twins separated at birth often show similar traits later in life. Maybe this is Rob Liefeld's twin, who was given up for adoption. Though this guy got formal art training, he cannot hide his total inability to draw feet.

Coincidence? I think not?

BTW, I hear that Mabu-Con will have an exclusive figure of that second Boba pic.

Dar' Argol
02-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Screencap won't print out very nicely because it's 72dpi. You'd be better off taking the calendar to someplace that can do high-res scans. Or try photographing it, that moire pattern that the scanner puts in there probably won't remain. Or just take the dang calendar with you when you get the tat! :p

Actually after zooming in, because its in flash, the screen cap came out better then I could have planned. Much better then the scan I did of the tiny picture. Its enough that my tattoo guy will get the idea. I had to print it out at work though because I have a much better printer there then at home.

TeeEye7
02-13-2008, 10:54 PM
BTW, I hear that Mabu-Con will have an exclusive figure of that second Boba pic.

My spies tell me the exclusive is of the Deuce re-attaching mabs' hand :yes:.

JediTricks
02-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Actually after zooming in, because its in flash, the screen cap came out better then I could have planned. Much better then the scan I did of the tiny picture. Its enough that my tattoo guy will get the idea. I had to print it out at work though because I have a much better printer there then at home.No flash. Set the camera to point at the image in a stable location, set the exposure time to several seconds or even longer.

I'm glad to hear it printed out ok.

TeeEye7
02-14-2008, 12:26 AM
I had to print it out at work though because I have a much better printer there then at home.

(*In best Nute Gunray voice*) Is that legal?

;)

Dar' Argol
02-14-2008, 05:55 AM
No flash. Set the camera to point at the image in a stable location, set the exposure time to several seconds or even longer.

I'm glad to hear it printed out ok.

lol . . .not flash from a camera . . . . it was being displayed in Flash . . a program . . . lol

(*In best Nute Gunray voice*) Is that legal?

;)

YOU almost owed me a laptop as well!! I almost spit my cereal on my lappy!

El Chuxter
02-14-2008, 09:24 AM
(*In my best Sidious voice*) I will make it legal.

JediTricks
02-14-2008, 04:24 PM
lol . . .not flash from a camera . . . . it was being displayed in Flash . . a program . . . lolThen you should have capitalized it, dork. :p A still photo would be better though, but we're talking about a tat based on action figure packaging, not a Michaelangelo.

And get it right, it's pronounced "weegal".