PDA

View Full Version : Here's something that really bothers me (seriously)

El Chuxter
02-12-2008, 11:02 PM
So there's a show on TV. I won't name any names. The show gets axed.

So the fans send like thirty tons of peanuts to the studio, and it gets picked back up.

Then there's another show about a year later. This time, fans send like thirty tons of sunflower seeds to the studio, hoping it will get picked back up.

Meanwhile, millions of people across the world don't have enough to eat. People are dying of hunger every day, even in this very country.

Is our society so ****ing stupid and shallow that we'll send tons of perfectly good food to get a ****ing TV show back on the air, but can't give it to people who actually ****ing need it?

Seriously. Think about it. If you don't see anything wrong with this situation, stop reading, because I'm just going to **** you off.

Every ****ing idiot who sent food to a studio knowing it would probably be thrown away, to keep some ****ing show on the idiot box so you can turn your mind off and vegetate, all while there are people in your own ****ing city who haven't eaten in days? You listening?

I hope you all ****ing die of some toe fungus that kills you painfully over a period of three years, in which you are incontinent and somehow oozing excrement out of your salivary glands so that you're tasting your own **** for the rest of your miserable lives. At least you'll have your ****ing stupid TV show to keep you company.

And I hope when you get to hell, all the people who could've eaten those peanuts or sunflower seeds get to eat your stinking corpse over and over for all eternity.

I don't care if the show's good or not. ****ing Sopranos or Simpsons or I Love Lucy aren't even worth people dying.

I ****ing hate people sometimes.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-12-2008, 11:23 PM
I've never even heard of this (I don't watch tv very much). Think of all of the money wasted as well on postage that could have been pooled together to help people! What show was it?

El Chuxter
02-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Sorry, I figured it was common knowledge. Jericho was un-cancelled due to the peanuts being sent, and folks are currently trying the same stunt with sunflower seeds to get The 4400 brought back.

I've never watched either, and am not saying either wasn't a good show. But knowingly wasting food that some people need and don't have, and will die without, really strikes me as the pinnacle of self-centered shallowness.

I mean, really, if Pushing Daisies were to get canned, I might be disappointed, angry, sad, whatever. But I'm not wasting food and money by sending ABC a bunch of pies.

2-1B
02-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Nobody eats peanuts or sunflower seeds anyway, it's not like they were mailing rotting dumpster sandwhiches and bottles of booze to the studios. Homeless people actually consume those things.

Dar' Argol
02-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Geez Chux . . why not tell us how you really feel?? I mean don't hold back.

Hmmm . . . . this makes me think though . . If I can get people to send raisins in to Sci-Fi can we get back Farscape??? Or Firefly???? . . .

Excuse me while I go ebay bulk raisins!

2-1B
02-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Who the f***eats raisins ?

Jeez, it's not like these TV losers are sending grains and sides of beef or something useful. lol

Dar' Argol
02-12-2008, 11:50 PM

Jeez, it's not like these TV losers are sending grains and sides of beef or something useful. lol

Lots of people eat raisins . . . . who you may ask?? Ummm . . .I don't know, but lots of people do . . . . . I don't . . .

I do however eat sides of beef, so if you want to send them to me that would be fine.

General_Grievous
02-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Nobody eats peanuts or sunflower seeds anyway

I do...:sleeping:

But seriously, what's the point of sending food to get a show back on the air anyway? What the hell happened to just plain old petitions?

2-1B
02-13-2008, 08:12 PM
I do...:sleeping:

But seriously, what's the point of sending food to get a show back on the air anyway? What the hell happened to just plain old petitions?

yeah 2-1G, you eat them while watching Oscar caliber movies to add to your list. lol

UKWildcat
02-13-2008, 10:31 PM
I heard CBS (with regards to Jericho) sent the peanuts to the soldiers in Iraq, and didn't just throw them away. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
02-13-2008, 11:05 PM
They should've reported that.

Seriously. I wouldn't have gotten ****ed. That detail got swept under the rug when the story ran.

Lord Malakite
02-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Lots of people eat raisins . . . . who you may ask?? Ummm . . .I don't know, but lots of people do . . . . . I don't . . .
I once found two family sized boxes of raisins in the back pantry that had been expired for 4 years. I ate both boxes in one sitting and it was like eating pure crystalyzed sugary goodness. Sadly, while things initially began well, I can't say it ended as well when the rumbly in my tumbly started. I prefer not to go into detail as it was quite traumatizing...to say the least.:sleeping: