PDA

View Full Version : The return of STP!

Rocketboy
02-13-2008, 08:53 AM
At long last my prayers have been answered:
Stone Temple Pilots are back!

There have been rumors and rumblings for a few weeks now, but official confirmation has arrived:

STP (Scott Weiland, Dean and Robert DeLeo, Eric Kretz) has signed on to perform at the 2008 Rock on the Range Festival. The 2-day music festival will be held on May 17-18th at Crew Stadium in Columbus, OH. STP will play on Saturday, May 17th.I'd give Slicker's left nut to be there. STP has been my favorite band since I heard Sex Type Thing circa '91-'92.

I really hope that this isn't a one-off thing and leads to a new album. There have been rumors that STP has a handful of venues reserved for the summer also.

Velvet Revolver is all well and good (Libertad is easily the best rock album I've heard in years), but it just ain't STP.

Also, this leads back to the elephant in the room: after 4-5 years of sobriety, Scott Weiland recently entered rehab once again (although they haven't said if it is for drugs or not - it could be alcohol).

Hoping for the best!
:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
02-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Is Velvet Revolver off now, or is this a one-time gig or side project for Weiland?

Velvet Revolver sure isn't STP. I mean, STP is good, but VR has ****ing Slash!

Rocketboy
02-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Nobody seems sure where either group stands long term - VR has talked quite a bit about a 3rd album and STP has said they'd like STP to get back together at some time (which looks like now).

El Chuxter
02-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Too bad GNR won't get back together. Maybe the VR members should join with Izzy and Dizzy and start a band called "Guns Sans Rose."

2-1B
02-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Great, there goes our nation's heroin supply.

: H :