PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro's Toy Fair Press release!

jedi master sal
02-13-2008, 04:56 PM
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=68329&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1107837&highlight=

Of note to we SW collectors:
STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS

Fans around the world are about to travel to a galaxy far, far away as never before, and once again, Hasbro -- as it has for more than 30 years -- will translate all the excitement of the brand-new STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS into toys that bring this new animated action to life. Lucasfilm Ltd., Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting System will debut STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS in theaters Aug. 15, followed by the premiere of THE CLONE WARS as a weekly series on Cartoon Network and TNT. Produced by Lucasfilm Animation, STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS takes audiences on incredible new Star Wars adventures, combining the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm with an eye-popping, signature animation style. On July 26, 2008, Hasbro brings home all of the fun of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS to kids of all ages. Fans can live the excitement of CLONE WARS themselves with the new STAR WARS CLONE TROOPER HELMET (Approximate retail price: $29.99; Ages 5 and up; Available: July 26, 2008) and the AT-TE (Approximate retail price: $99.99; Ages 4 and up; Available: July 26, 2008) -- the ultimate clone trooper transport.

SWEET! 3 AT-TEs for me, or maybe even 5!!!
-Sal

JON9000
02-13-2008, 05:12 PM
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=68329&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1107837&highlight=
SWEET! 3 AT-TEs for me, or maybe even 5!!!
-Sal

Good heavens, what planet are you invading?!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Wooo Hoooo!!! I can afford to buy more than one. :thumbsup: Maybe even get that Falcon if it turns out being true that it's being released.

El Chuxter
02-13-2008, 05:17 PM
This is especially interesting:

A new line of toys based upon the ever-popular Slicker's Mom will be unveiled at Toy Fair for the very first time. A favorite of sailors and drunken louts the world over, Slicker's Mom makes her debut in plastic this summer.

All Slicker's Mom figures come with real fishy smell, half a french fry, and a coupon for free STD testing at participating clinics.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-13-2008, 05:20 PM
No list on those yet Chux? Are we gonna get the drunk & passed out on the floor version?

Kidhuman
02-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Nice, I can save up now for them. I will get 1 definitely, 2 hopefully.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Fans of any age can ward off villains using the new INDIANA JONES SOUND FX WHIP (Approximate Retail Price: $19.99; Ages 6 & up; Available: May 1, 2008).

So, we'll say by, what, June 1st, these things will have caused enough injuries from stupid kids to get them pulled from shelves? :p

Jedi_Kal-El
02-13-2008, 06:22 PM
So, we'll say by, what, June 1st, these things will have caused enough injuries from stupid kids to get them pulled from shelves? :p

That seems like a generous estimate to me JMG. Factor in how many of them hit mom or dad with them, and it might take only half that time.

Kidhuman
02-13-2008, 06:33 PM
I never thought of that JMG, I will have to get one then.

Snowtrooper
02-13-2008, 07:18 PM
$99.99 is a sweet deal for the AT-TE, provided it lives up to expectations. I'll still only be getting one as my house is being overrun with SW stuff.

jedi master sal
02-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Good heavens, what planet are you invading?!

1. Geonosis
2. Utapau
3. Felucia
4. Kashyyyk
5. and one for the pre-invasion on Coruscant.

Thanks to Mr. Bush's tax rebate.

I didn't vote for him, but I'll take this one perk just the same thank you...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-14-2008, 03:12 PM
$100 is definitely more palatable than $150. I'll of course get one; in the extremely unlikely chance that I'll have more money, I may get more.

jedi master sal
02-14-2008, 04:45 PM
$100 is definitely more palatable than $150. I'll of course get one; in the extremely unlikely chance that I'll have more money, I may get more.

What about the Tax Rebate?? That's a possible $600 more.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-14-2008, 06:39 PM
What about the Tax Rebate?? That's a possible $600 more.
I'm 18 and only worked a summer job, so I doubt I'll get one.

Tycho
02-14-2008, 09:29 PM
It's not BUSH's tax rebate. It's a bi-partisan economic stimulus plan.

I can post the complete text of it as well as how the House and Senate versions compare, and where they compromised, should you like! It was a fascinating process and I stayed up late several nights reading through it and watching re-runs of the Congressional sessions on C-SPAN.

It is nice for most of us, but ultimately it's debatable how much good this will do for the economy. It's too little in light of consumer debt and gas prices, and subprime mortgage loan issues.

But oh yeah - this thread was about the toys, right? I'm going to get 2 AT-TE's (Geonosis and Utopau). The price is fine by me.

With the Falcon, the question is not whether I can afford it, but will I want to sacrafice the space for it? This might be a very large toy with lot of room on board, while Han never really has it crewed like a real freighter might be (he couldn't afford to pay the help).

jedi master sal
02-14-2008, 09:40 PM
No, thank you just the same Tycho, but I don't need a play by play of the process...

Hmm, I forgot about the Falcon. Well, I'll have the refund for that one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2008, 04:56 PM
I guess I will be getting a fair amount of money in a few months - a $100 tax rebate from my summer Target job, and what is supposed to be a buttload because of graduation, then whatever I get from whatever job I have. So maybe it won't be so bad after all. I need to get a little better at saving it so I can still keep up with all the new stuff.