PDA

View Full Version : I'm Feeling Dyslexic Today

Jedi_Kal-El
02-14-2008, 03:44 PM
:p ?melborp siht evah reve enoynA .sdrawkcab gnivom dna gnikool eb ot demees sgniht yadot nosaer emos rof tub, yhw wonk t'nod I

El Chuxter
02-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Evah I taht yas t'nac. On.

CaptainSolo1138
02-14-2008, 04:58 PM
seyo sdrawkcab

JediTricks
02-14-2008, 05:09 PM
My mild dyslexia usually kicks in harder when I'm tired or stressed. Sometimes I'll have a lasting bout of dizziness if I don't get enough sleep, my brain's interpretation of what I'm seeing will not jive with head movements, it'll be a quarter-second slow in my head. But it's not backwards-speak as comedically applied here.

I'm fairly good at reading backwards, but I have no idea what you mean by "oyes" Cappy.

Jargo
02-14-2008, 05:16 PM
1 2 4 7 3 9 6 8 0 10 яəσΓΓλ

Jargo
02-14-2008, 05:16 PM
backwards. Oh yes?

jjreason
02-14-2008, 06:46 PM
A lot can be said for backwards. oyes is certainly one of those things. :lipsrsealed:

LusiferSam
02-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm highly dyslexic and althougt I find the backwards writting funny it's thing like what I deal with on a day to day baics. Dyslecia can best be descripted as the inablity to break words in phonemes. Phonemes are the basic building blocks of laguica that give it's strucsion. So I see what you guys see. The words dont' move about the page, aren't backwards, upside down or anything like that. Some times I do mirror things. Like copying 123 to 321 (normally needs to be longer and not so oveus). Things like holding a pensel, tieing my shues, shuffling a deck of cards are things that I had trobele with because of mirring.

The same inabillity to read word correctly also makes it diffecult to write them corrcelty. So most of the words that I know how to spell are short words, under five letters long or words that I use very offen. Most words I spell phonetically, like my user name. But it's offent differnt from time to time. Like JT, my dysleica gets worst when I'm tried (like to night), under streets, and doing things very fast.

This is how I really write, I'm not making it or exagerating. Such as I've not spell checked or checked this post for any thing n sticking with theme of theard. Enjoy.

CaptainSolo1138
02-14-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm fairly good at reading backwards, but I have no idea what you mean by "oyes" Cappy.
Its probably for the better.

bobafrett
02-16-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm Feeling Dyslexic Today

Shoot for a minute there I thought he said he was feeling Deox today, and I got :love: excited.

El Chuxter
02-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Do I need to cue up the Sanford and Son theme?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Lisabeth, I'm comin to join ya honey!

LusiferSam
07-16-2009, 01:40 PM
You know why I like this thread? It's because I;m totally unincumbered by haveing to spell chekc, prove read or wonder if what I'm typeing makes sence to any body but myself. I find the whole thing to be very liberating. It's whole must stream of conchuiness write, but it's not. How great is? Yestersay was really feeling dyslexic and was having a lot of trouble writing. Today isn't realy as bad.

JediTricks
07-16-2009, 05:49 PM
I had a really bad one the other day while setting up my SDCC calendar. I have a few panels in what they're calling room 6BCF on the schedule, but no matter what I do, I can't help but type AND say "6CBF".

Ando
07-16-2009, 06:18 PM
My father is dyslexic and because he was born in 1944, it pretty much went undiagnosed (he didn't learn to read until he was 10 or 11) until he was an adult and led to a lot of frustration and poor performance in school, anger issues, avoidance of having to read/write, etc.

LusiferSam
07-16-2009, 09:52 PM
For not being dignosed untill he was adult, learning to read by 11 isn't too. I've meet people who won't digonosed untill there late teens or easy adulthood who didn't learn to red untill they were adults. I guess they just know how to concompinate and bled in.

LusiferSam
07-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Ok, I'm really bad to today. I'm try to wire a e-mail to some people and can't to wite to save my live. I need to use words like realivent, periedt, and consintraded. I just can't seem to spell the come for the spell check to guess them. Day like this really suck. I hate now being about to write clear so that I can't even under stand what I say.

LusiferSam
02-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Well I haavn't post to this thread is aqule. So it's time I drop the pretest of normalyc and just type what I want and not care if any body can read what I writen . As I've say before my dyslxa get wrost when I'm sreessted out or under pressare. The past few day have been really bad. I could sleep my e-mail address right for the live of me yesterday and seems to be have haveing trouble with my name. Today really hasn't been to much better.

Wow, just a quice look back and I'm impresed just how bad this is. How fun reading.

LusiferSam
05-05-2010, 11:12 PM
How many of you who aren't dyslexic have ever wondered what it would be like to have dyslexia? I mean real dyslexia, none of these fake junk like writing backwards or seeing the letters move around on the page. I'm talking about a lack of phonemes awareness, the inability to break a word up into it's base sounds.

I found a web site that has a pretty good example of what it's like to read when you have dyslexia. PBS ran a Nova special on learning disables called Misunderstood Minds (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/misunderstoodminds/intro.html) a number of years ago. There's a number of hands on actives to help the non LD person understand what it's like to have a specific LD. There's a reading (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/misunderstoodminds/experiences/readexp1a.html) one for dyslexia. It's pretty simple, they give you some instructions and a short paragraph to read. It works best if you read it out loud and have an audience, but neither are 100% necessary.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-06-2010, 12:07 AM
How many of you who aren't dyslexic have ever wondered what it would be like to have dyslexia? I mean real dyslexia, none of these fake junk like writing backwards or seeing the letters move around on the page. I'm talking about a lack of phonemes awareness, the inability to break a word up into it's base sounds.

I found a web site that has a pretty good example of what it's like to read when you have dyslexia. PBS ran a Nova special on learning disables called Misunderstood Minds (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/misunderstoodminds/intro.html) a number of years ago. There's a number of hands on actives to help the non LD person understand what it's like to have a specific LD. There's a reading (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/misunderstoodminds/experiences/readexp1a.html) one for dyslexia. It's pretty simple, they give you some instructions and a short paragraph to read. It works best if you read it out loud and have an audience, but neither are 100% necessary.

That certainly makes the paragraph hard to read, but if I practiced at it and learned the translation, it would eventually become easier to read. It doesn't really explain how the disability exists to begin with.

I remember in first grade having a bit of a problem with subtraction, but eventually I learned the addition and subtraction tables. In third grade we had timed tests on a regular basis. If we passed, we would move on to the next one when we tested again. Otherwise, we would retake it. Thus, one person could move to a new test each time, while another person might still be stuck taking the first test several times. I passed all the addition and subtraction test on the first time. When we got to the 5th multiplication test, it took me a few tries, but eventually I passed it. It was just a matter of memorizing the times tables.

I don't exactly remember learning to read. I seem to remember a time when I wasn't able to read, because I recall watching my brother and a neighbor playing Monopoly, and I made up something for what was on Get Out of Jail Free card based on the picture. Something about a bird flying out of the cage. I was able to read by age 5 though. Apparently I learned with the help of one of those magnetic letter boards and asking my mom what the letters were.