PDA

View Full Version : It might have been better

Kidhuman
02-15-2008, 02:32 PM
if they released this subline like the McQ figs. One per wave leading up to the release. I know it just got pushed back, but it might have been better and the figures might have been received better to most of us. Just my thoughts on it.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-15-2008, 02:37 PM
That wouldn't have been a bad idea really KH. Maybe keep the interest up until the game actually gets released.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2008, 05:00 PM
I think they're doing as well as they can, given LucasArts' continual screwing with the release date. And then they'd be too spread out over time anyway.

But I do think it's kind of crappy that two ginormous projects -- one pre-ROTS, one post-ROTS -- are coming out the same month. It's just a little too much all at once, you know?

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 04:15 PM
It's a single wave, no worse than last year's wave 4. I honestly don't get why people are flipping out so bad about this.

jjreason
02-16-2008, 04:47 PM
It's because we saw these bloody figures A YEAR AGO, and they haven't hit shelves yet. They'll be back up again on display at Toy Fair this year, oyes.

jedi master sal
02-16-2008, 06:00 PM
I wanna know where PROXY is. That droid is a MAIN character in the game and story. Why not a figure???
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/PROXY

THAT I'm really disappointed in.

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 06:35 PM
He's a holodroid, so he could be anything. Still, could have made him with a clear shell of someone else, that would have been cool.

jedi master sal
02-16-2008, 09:23 PM
He's a holodroid, so he could be anything. Still, could have made him with a clear shell of someone else, that would have been cool.

He's "real". He "projects" a holo image around him to look like someone else, but the droid is real, not a holo image.

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 09:51 PM
I know, I got that, but as he's a holo-projecting droid, most of the time he wouldn't look that way.

plasticfetish
02-17-2008, 03:30 AM
if they released this subline like the McQ figs. One per wave leading up to the release. I know it just got pushed back, but it might have been better and the figures might have been received better to most of us. Just my thoughts on it.That's a great idea! Too bad Hasbro can't (or wont) rework their release schedule to build up the excitement.

DarkArtist
02-17-2008, 04:29 PM
I think this wave of TFU will only be the preliminary line while others figures may show up in the other waves every now and then. I think Hasbro is waiting to see how the intial wave will do before getting anymore out to the shelves.

jedi master sal
02-17-2008, 04:54 PM
All I know is that I want my damn PROXY droid. Other than a couple other characters from the game (for which we already getting figures), this is the only one I REALLY want. (Barring the fact that I haven't played the game yet, so I don't know if there will be any other cool characters.)

Oh wait, and Jungle Sexy Shaak Ti!!!

El Chuxter
02-18-2008, 11:30 PM
I think the concern, JT, is that these figures no one recognizes are hitting shelves several months early. Potential army builders like Stormtroopers and Royal Guards aren't an issue. A generic female Imperial isn't, either, nor is (though I hate to say it) S***-Kicked-Out-Of-Him-P**** Vader.

The Secret Apprentice and all the random Jedi (or Jedi wannabes; I know nothing of the story) are destined to rot on shelves until the game finally comes out. And we all know that figures rotting on shelves means lower orders of subsequent waves. Including the wave with stuff everyone wants, like Yarna and the Wokling.

jedi master sal
02-19-2008, 04:58 PM
I think the concern, JT, is that these figures no one recognizes are hitting shelves several months early. Potential army builders like Stormtroopers and Royal Guards aren't an issue. A generic female Imperial isn't, either, nor is (though I hate to say it) S***-Kicked-Out-Of-Him-P**** Vader.

The Secret Apprentice and all the random Jedi (or Jedi wannabes; I know nothing of the story) are destined to rot on shelves until the game finally comes out. And we all know that figures rotting on shelves means lower orders of subsequent waves. Including the wave with stuff everyone wants, like Yarna and the Wokling.

Hence why Hasbro pulled back some waves. They knew with the delay fo the game, pegs would clog with the first two waves, especially wv2. So pulling these back gives time for pegs to "unclog." And it's not like there won't be anything else to collect in this time frame. In the interim, Hasbro will no doubt keep shipping Saga Legends and re-releasing previous TAC figs that sold well.

This is just a guess of course, but it's plausible.