PDA

View Full Version : Ok so what happened to 2007 Wave 6? (Mass Retail 21)

Warstar
02-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Still here folks- been keeping uber-busy with work and what-not.

However I have a question-

What in the hec happened to this wave???

MASS RETAIL WAVE 21 (AKA 2007 Wave 6- October, 2007- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 6 Ships)

**. Darth Vader's TIE Fighter White Decoration
**. Speeder Bike White Decoration with Hoth Trooper (aka Blizzard Force)
**. AT-AT (Black Chrome- Dirt Base)
**. AAT Droid Tank (Trade Federation Tank) Red Decoration
**. AT-ST Hoth Decoration with White Base
**. V-Wing Fighter (Light Gray Markings)

In retail I only ever saw a total of 3 of the Hoth AT-ST's- and I bought 2 of them- and only 1 Gray V-Wing...

...and that was it? Out of more than 20 big-box stores that's all I ever found. Now 2008 Wave 1 is out everywhere here (AT-OP, Orange AOTC JSF, etc.)

I see VERY few of the rest of 2007 Wave 6 on Ebay and even one auction that claimed the wave was a Wal-Mart Exclusive (can this be confirmed? The vehicles I did find were only in Wal-Marts coincidentally enough but I never heard of that?)

The ships from the wave (and the wave itself) has disappeared off EntertainmentEarth.com (in fact Entertainment Earth doesn't even show ANY of these ships anymore!), and the ships have yet to be offered on Hasbrotoyshop.com. It doesn't look like any of these ships are being offered in Wave revisions, either?

I have all of the 2008 Wave 1 vehicles opened and closed already but I still need 2 Shadow AT-AT's (one to keep, one to open), 2 AAT's from this wave (red- one to keep, one to open), 2 Blizzard Force Imperial Speeder Bikes (one to keep, one to open) and a gray V-Wing to keep closed!

...so like I said- what happened to this wave at retail? Are they still out there someplace? Were they limited? Did I miss my only chance to not pay secondary prices or what?

Or did I just miss the boat...

I am keeping my variation list up to date, by the way- I'll post it again if anyone wants me too :D

joshephe
02-16-2008, 11:49 AM
I only ever saw this wave for the most part at walmarts.

Darth Duranium
02-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why but it seems that the last wave shipped each year gets short-shipped... I usually grab it off eBay early (did for this one) cuz I know it's gonna happen again.

Could be a question of stores having lots of stock going into the dead post Xmas season so they don't order much, late shipping from Hasbro... hard to say.

Last year, the last wave of 2006 (with the Dewback) showed up en masse on eBay many months late.

It's not a Wal-mart exclusive, though: there's a store here in Toronto called the Silver Snail that has all of the last wave of 2007 (as of last week) but I don't think they sell Titaniums on their website.

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 05:22 PM
It was an all-repaint case, I'm betting store buyers stayed away after slow sales of other repaints. I've seen all of them at retail, but they were few and far between.

Warstar
02-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the replies. Being that they were all repaints and buyers stayed away makes sense.

Thankfully, all of them aren't too expensive on Ebay yet- guess I'll go that route.

Weird thing is not a lot of them are even ON Ebay :p

And YAY to Gungan Sub- great pics from Toy Fair!

Kidhuman
02-16-2008, 07:49 PM
I never saw tis wave at retail. I just saw a repaint wave stocked with the B-Wing, A-wing and the AT-ST.

Darth Duranium
02-19-2008, 03:01 AM
From the multinational horse's mouth... Hasbro weighed in on this very subject at TF (thanks to RS):

typically the final waves of a toy line are under-ordered by retailers, and... therefore make(s) them a challenge for collectors to find

So there ya go, Warstar. They were referring to the 3 3/4 line but I'd think the same was true for TS.

Looks like I guessed right... hehehe

By the way, haven't seen your list in a while, Warstar. I wish they'd sticky it.

Thunderbird
02-19-2008, 10:02 PM
I bought my set at Wal Mart before Christmas, but I haven't seen it sence. The ones I saw were shipped in the display boxes that held, I think 3 sets.

Keep checking, yesterday they put out a new wave 4 case of figures, so maybe they'll still could show up. I thought it might have been a mixed assortment, but I saw the box and it was definitly a wave 4 case.

ascmclarencoupe
02-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Many thanks to joshephe posting his find in the Spotters thread, I was able to pick this wave up at my local Walmart otherwise I probably would have missed out on it.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=32231&page=38

He recently posted finding Wave 1 (2008) too which saved me some more searching elsewhere.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=32231&page=41

Thanks again joshephe. :thumbsup:

Brent

JediGoofy
02-21-2008, 04:14 AM
From the multinational horse's mouth... Hasbro weighed in on this very subject at TF (thanks to RS):

typically the final waves of a toy line are under-ordered by retailers, and... therefore make(s) them a challenge for collectors to find

So there ya go, Warstar. They were referring to the 3 3/4 line but I'd think the same was true for TS.

Looks like I guessed right... hehehe

By the way, haven't seen your list in a while, Warstar. I wish they'd sticky it.

Wouldn't be ironic if Hasbro actually produced the Titanium TIE Defender (as Hasbro said in the last Q&A (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1298)) but put it in the final wave of this year making it again impossible to find? :shocked: lol

By the way, I have the same problem as you Warstar, I have all the SW Titaniums but the 2008 wave 6. :sad:
(missing Ultras and some BSG though :cry:)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. There are rumours about a LEGO TIE Defender too. This could be the TIE Defender year ... or maybe not! :D

JediGoofy
02-21-2008, 04:34 AM
... I am keeping my variation list up to date, by the way- I'll post it again if anyone wants me too :D

Ooops, I forgot!

Yes, I always love to see your variation list, this is an invaluable collecting tool for me here in this wasteland that is Italy :( (talking abuot SW :) ).

And I appreciated the new BSG list too! :D
Thanx! :love:

Ciao,
JediGoofy

Darth Michael
02-28-2008, 09:08 PM
I just found this wave in a local Target. I was only able to get one of each. I guess another collector got a complete wave set before me. Interestingly, I think this particular Target had recently put out the following wave. In other words, this store seems to have deployed the waves out of order.

Somewhat related... One of the local WalMart stores recently rearranged its sheving in the toy area, and sadly they did not have any pegs for Titaniums. I haven't checked other WalMart's recently, so I don't know if this is an isolated case.

And, Warstar, please go ahead and start a new thread with the latest and greatest version of your list.

Kidhuman
02-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I can tell you I got the latest wave at WM and they have 8 pegs there for Titaniums

decadentdave
02-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Just found the Blizard Force Speeder Bike and White Vader TIE at Target today.

Ham Salad
03-01-2008, 04:36 PM
In my findings, the white Vader's TIE was released along with the previous wave (wave 20) featuring Kit Fisto's JSF, Kashyyyk AT-RT and the Trade Federation Battleship. I found this wave several times at Target, WalMart and TRU. I only ever found wave 21 at WalMarts in sidekick displays around Christmas.

I had originally speculated that the five ships in wave 21 ended up being WalMart exclusives, because their case listings from both Entertainment Earth and BBTS were cancelled. However, their recent appearance at Targets disproves that idea.

Thunderbird
03-02-2008, 05:42 PM
I saw this whole wave at a couple of Wal Marts this morning. Looks like they are starting to ship again.

Kidhuman
03-02-2008, 06:07 PM
I hope so, I missed it the week it was out in December