PDA

View Full Version : New Comic Packs - Xizor & sexy Leia, Talon Karrde & new Thrawn

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Steve is putting up pics of these now, I just spotted these:

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5539

Still no rig for the ysalamiri, but otherwise they did a really good job with these. Hooray for Comic Packs!

EDIT:
Wow, I didn't expect that with Jodo Kast! And the white "good" Vader from Infinities! Even the Legacy figs look cool.

YARNAAAAAAAA!!! How is she a comic figure with an Ewok with wokling? We'll find out soon enough I guess.

PloKoon_08
02-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Yarna and the wokling open up a bar on endor during the times of the New Republic?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Yarna and the wokling open up a bar on endor during the times of the New Republic?

Talk about EU.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Comic packs looks great, Xizor stole the show on this one. Thats an awesome figure. Hoth Leia...hope they go to work on that one...has potential though, we've all been waiting on that one for quite some time. The Mando's are cool, the Dengar...it's Dengar... All in all i want them all.
The Force Unloeashed Rancor, now that i will be getting...Camping by Targets for this one!

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 07:55 PM
I think that Hoth Leia is just prelim graphics meant to show buyers what a final pack would look like. However, it does seem to be an all-new Hoth Leia, I suspect that'll be in the basic line.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-16-2008, 08:00 PM
I think that Hoth Leia is just prelim graphics meant to show buyers what a final pack would look like. However, it does seem to be an all-new Hoth Leia, I suspect that'll be in the basic line.

We've been needing an update on Hoth Leia for some time now. All of the comic packs look great, that Xizor looks sweet as hale. Plus, I have to admit that I'm not as dissapointed about the white Vader as I thought I'd be. Even the Legacy sets look pretty nice.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-16-2008, 08:03 PM

It better be! ;) So far, while exciting and all, it looks like I'll be saving so much money this year on Hasbro. The only thing that I want so far are the ROTJ basic line figs, pilots evo and the han solo build a droid cuz his hood is up. The hoth leia is a no brainer for me and it would be nice if they pulled a JT's Idea on that one :thumbsup:

I'm also curious about $150 Millenium Falcon.

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Yarna and Ewok were simply in the wrong folder, NOT comic pack figures. They've been moved now. Everything's perfectly alright now. We're fine, all fine now, thank you... how are you? But we've had a reactor leak, give us a few minutes to lock it down, large leak, very dangerous.

Kidhuman
02-16-2008, 08:51 PM
These look pretty sweet. Cant wait to get Thrawn and Karrde

Mad Slanted Powers
02-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Excellent to get Karrde. He's in the top 5 of our EU poll. That's one we can take off the list. A Thrawn resculpt was also in the top 50.

Devo
02-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Now they give us an imperial officer (type) with articulated knees.

Good figures by the looks of them.

By the way I'm looking for a recommendation on what site to use for my Star Wars shopping since R2dtoys seem to be defunct - theres one site I use in the UK but they only stock the basic line meaning no comic packs or exclusives - I need a site with good international service since I'm in Ireland.

Jargo
02-16-2008, 09:29 PM
questions:
what's the names of these characters? metallic red armor dudes, blond guy with twi'lek, dances with wolves guy with long dark hair with Thrawn.
does Jodo Kast look like a GI JOE figure to anyone else?
does white witch of the north Vader look pants to anyone else?
Xisor's bit of fluff Leia, does antone else think her feet look like she has gout? and why do they always make so much of the fact that Carrie fisher has a piggy face?

Tycho
02-16-2008, 09:51 PM
That Leia figure is awesome (with Xizor). I made a custom of her (not nearly that good) years ago. Xizor is a big improvement.

It is awesome to finally be getting Karrde. How about C'Boath and especially some Noghri?

jedi master sal
02-16-2008, 10:15 PM
I am VERY happy about these sets.
Cade Skywalker and Darth Talon!!! Awesome.
The Imperial Knights are outstanding! (I may get more for a good sized squad of them.)
Jodo Kast/Dengar-I'm digging the Dengar here. Jodo Kast is good custom fodder.
White Vader/Leia-not bad. Heck I may even make a custom pink Vader (as seen at CIV)
Leia/Xizor-Not a set I was asking for but looks well done. Much better Xizor.

Hasbro sure is doing a bang up job of these Comic Packs.

Thinking back on this topic from years ago, I was against Comic Packs thinking they'd tank. Man was I wrong and I'm happy to eat crow about it.

-Sal

Kidhuman
02-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Thinking back on this topic from years ago, I was against Comic Packs thinking they'd tank. Man was I wrong and I'm happy to eat crow about it.

-Sal

I thought the same thing, and now it seems it will be the only thing I collect.

Snowtrooper
02-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Now they give us an imperial officer (type) with articulated knees.

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully they use this mold for future officers.

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 10:35 PM
BTW, for those not in the know, white Vader is from ROTJ Infinities, where Leia and Luke are able to redeem Vader without killing him, he turns to the Light side, and promises to hunt down Palpatine: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:WhiteVader.jpg

Deoxyribonucleic
02-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Looks like Hoth Leia is coming for real. From the Hasbro slide slow on RS

jedi master sal
02-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Dang, I forgot to mention my alter ego Talon Kardde along with Thrawn.

Excellent set.

I'll get a few of that set for customs for the Imperial officers/grand Admirals.

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Looks like Hoth Leia is coming for real. From the Hasbro slide slow on RS
Nice find, where did this slide come from? EDIT: Ah, ok, Steve has them too.

Hmm, Tobbi Dala huh? Pretty f'ing lame really, friggin' Marvel character: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tobbi_Dala

Think Leia Hoth is worth $12? And you have to not mind her gunbelt which isn't in the movie.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Think Leia Hoth is worth $12? And you have to not mind her gunbelt which isn't in the movie.

Yeah, I couldn't figure that out. I'm going to have to dig out my marvel star wars comics, see if she's wearing a gun belt in that issue??

Looks like knee articulation, but no elbow, wrist articulation. Granted, these are just prototypes, so hopefully they'll fix her up a bit.

I dream of the day we get the vintage leia hoth/bespin JT version, then I'll be complete! Man, especially with the old vintage card...sigh

Jedi_Kal-El
02-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I couldn't figure that out. I'm going to have to dig out my marvel star wars comics, see if she's wearing a gun belt in that issue??

Looks like knee articulation, but no elbow, wrist articulation. Granted, these are just prototypes, so hopefully they'll fix her up a bit.

I dream of the day we get the vintage leia hoth/bespin JT version, then I'll be complete! Man, especially with the old vintage card...sigh

I don't remember her wearing a gun belt, but it's been a while since I've read that particular issue.

I agree with the fixing up, Give her some arm articulation.

Cheer up Deoxy. You'll probably get that Leia eventually. :)

Jedi_Kal-El
02-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Nice red cape on Lando

He needs a Colt .45

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 11:48 PM

I dream of the day we get the vintage leia hoth/bespin JT version, then I'll be complete! Man, especially with the old vintage card...sighYeah, she's wearing it right here on the cover of the second issue with Tobbi Dala in it, the one those figs are coming with: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Mswc69cover.jpg
(Yes, she's in orange, but I think that's just a lighting style choice)

BTW, check it out, the concept Airspeeder we got in the POTF2 line is in use in the background of that cover.

AmanaMatt
02-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Ok, where is this white Vader from? Book or comic?

This is kinda the 'What the' wave for me - I do not recognize half the characters!!!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-17-2008, 12:54 AM

This is kinda the 'What the' wave for me - I do not recognize half the characters!!!

White Vader is from ROTJ Infinities.

JediTricks
02-17-2008, 01:09 AM

Dude, I just said in post #17 complete with scan! :p http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=600259&postcount=17

bigbarada
02-17-2008, 01:13 AM

Yeah, these figures aren't drawing me into EU. In fact, they're repelling me away from Star Wars as a whole the more of them I see.

If this is the new direction for Star Wars collecting, then I'm getting off at the next stop.

For the EU fans, more power to you, but I want nothing to do with them.

AmanaMatt
02-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Dude, I just said in post #17 complete with scan! :p http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=600259&postcount=17

My bad - thanks to both of you! I totally missed that!

AmanaMatt
02-17-2008, 01:43 AM
Yeah, these figures aren't drawing me into EU. In fact, they're repelling me away from Star Wars as a whole the more of them I see.

If this is the new direction for Star Wars collecting, then I'm getting off at the next stop.

Hasbro will need to find a good balance. 7 'Classic' figures, 7 prequel figures and 28 Clone Figures, plus multiple EU comic packs is not a good balance!

JediTricks
02-17-2008, 01:49 AM
This is by far not the entire Legacy Collection line, there will be more movie figures in '08, they just didn't bring them to Toy Fair.

From their press release: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=47&p2_articleid=1336

Basic Figures ... A total of 30 figures will be released in 2008.
We have at least 2 more waves coming down the pike. Derryl said in Q&A that every movie but 1 was getting a wave in this lineup, so that's 5 waves right there.

DarkArtist
02-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Can't wait to get these. looking forward to the Mandolorians, like the head sculpt for Leia and Xizor but not the body, will have to see it up close before making my final decision

Battle Droid
02-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Derryl said in Q&A that every movie but 1 was getting a wave in this lineup, so that's 5 waves right there.

My guess would be ROTS, and that the TPM and AOTC waves confirmed for early 2009 are being released this year.

DarthBrandon
02-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Love the look of the comic packs, I'm looking forward to Thrawn, Hoth Leia, & most of the rest of them.

Tycho
02-17-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm not sure whether they are counting the end of the TAC or not in that "every movie but 1 is getting a wave released this year."

If so:

TAC - ROTS
Legacy Coll. - ROTJ
Legacy Coll. - ANH (likely)
Legacy Coll. - TPM (quite possibly)
Legacy Coll. - AOTC (quite possibly)

As MadSlantedPowers' polls for never-made MOVIE figures show, Empire Strikes Back is the hardest to mine for more unique characters. Sure you can have a ton of Imperial and Rebel personnel in basically the same uniform, but I doubt Hasbro would release Captain Needa and Captain Lennox in the same year, let alone the same wave. I think that's why you're seeing an ESB focus in some battle packs and so forth.

But we'll see.

Old Fossil
02-18-2008, 07:58 AM

My feeling is that Star Wars collecting is leaving me behind.

Blue2th
02-18-2008, 11:10 AM
When these figures hit the pegs, I hope they are as nice as these samples at Toy Fair. It seems they went out of their way to make them really detailed. Some of the characters look like they have a matte finish of pearlescent clothes, like Dengar and Xizor. A nice touch. I hope we see more of this. The two guys with the candy-apple red armor are totally cool!
Hasbro it seems is getting some guys who know about the special tints, and pearls-candies that are used in professional Auto Painting, which I used to do.
It's kind of a new direction, though they have used it a little in the past like Episode 1 Chancellor Vallorums garb and some other little things like Gree's visor.
Wait till they start using the Chameleon colors that change color completely depending on the angle you view them, though at $200 to $500+ a pint, that's not likely yet.

I especially like the new Thrawn. I'm so happy they resculpted him, yet I still like the old one too.
I seem to remember someone pointing out to me here, that the Ysalamir had no legs, yet this one does.
He looks like a baby Kangaroo.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Nice red cape on Lando

He needs a Colt .45

Whats wrong with that Storm Trooper? Blue gauntlets now? Sheesh...

Sinscia Fat'o
02-18-2008, 12:15 PM

Hasbro has more stuff coming, I'm sure the Legacy collection will keep us happy for 08. Besides OT fans got the Ewok baby and Yarna...I think those were signs of good faith from hasbro. PT fans got the shaft i think more or less...those clone wars figures blew. EU fans we got the TAC treatment that Xizor looked great, a welcomed resculpt/redo, and that SOTE Leia looks awesome. Karde and Thrawn...WOW. Hoth Leia needs work from those pics...(The actual figure not the card board thingie.) The Mando's need a little work, and i actually liked all the legacy based figures...Cade and Talon, and the knights...I just hope they change the knights sabers colors.

Tycho
02-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Actually, if they are doing Leia that good from SOTE, where's Guri after all these years? Do you think there will be either more SOTE comic 2-packs or a carded EU wave this year?

Potential SOTE:

Luke Tan Vest (a natural for selling a recognizeable character)
Guri
Leebo
Jix
Koth Melan (Bothan Spy Master from "Many Bothans died to bring us this information.")
Big Jizz
Spiker
Lando Calrissian in Coruscant Stormtrooper Disguise
Dash Rendar Resculpt
Chewbacca in Snoova Disguise resculpted the right height

My bolded choices would be my preference, as we don't even have these characters, though I have to say the resculpts of the others would be quite nice. Luke wouldn't actually be a resculpt, so he could be that much cooler. Lando wasn't ever really done in this style, but a head swap with the old SOTE Luke Coruscant Guard figure would work out just fine.

Big Jizz and Spiker were part of a marauding swoop bike gang on Tatooine that took marching orders from Jabba the Hutt. I know what their names sound like, but they're not "x-rated figures" from a late night made for cable movie. When Luke built his green lightsaber, he tested it against them. Umm - actually that too sounds kind of gross... let's just nevermind about that.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-18-2008, 02:16 PM
My first thought when i heard about the SOTE comic pack is finally Guri...Then there was Leia. At least the figure of her looks good and merits a toy. Though Guri would have been a great addition to the line, and i think with all her comic appearences it's only a matter of time.

I totally agree with all of your choices reguarding SOTE, and i think we'll see some more of those within the next few years...assuming the line keeps going. Leebo would be my next pick after Guri to get made, and Luke from SOTE would be a great addition to the line as well...which i'm really surprised we have yet to see him made. I'd bet on Luke and Guri being made together in 09.

evenflow
02-18-2008, 06:06 PM
I really hope for a few more SOTE figures. We need an updated Dash and i have always wanted Guri and Leebo.

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 12:26 AM
The two sets with the Mandos look like crap. Sorry. Dengar with blue boots and a rehash EE Mando figure supposed to be one of those POS Mandos from the Marvel run? Doesn't work for me.

Hoth Leia doesn't look like that much of an improvement, and she's a pretty sorely needed update.

Marvel ESB Lando and Stormie? Yeah, 'cause those ANH sets with the old timey comics coloring sold like hotcakes. :rolleyes:

Cade and Darth Slut? Feh. If they go on clearance, I'll buy them to use the packaging and comic for toilet paper if they're cheap enough. Then put firecrackers in the figures.

The Imperial Future Guards or whatever the hell they're called look like crap, too. Same thing as with Cade and Slut, only I'd use the figures to customize something or other.

Infinites Vader? Christ in a bucket, WHY? Make us a f***ing C-3PX; the character's cooler and the comic sucks less butt.

Thrawn... nice update, but not vital. Karrde... HELLS YEAH!!! He's a little darker-skinned than I'd pictured, but it's about frigging time! Over nine years since Mara was made, we finally get her boss.

Tycho's right: C'Baoth and the Noghri had better be forthcoming.

Xizor... wow. I never thought I'd say this, but I like that figure and want it. That is such an amazing improvement over the original. Nightie Leia should be Guri, but I won't complain. The execution looks a little iffy, though. (I wish Xizor were pink, as he appears in the seduction scene. But could Hasbro get away with a dedicated horny figure?)

Two out of whatever... not too bad.

JediTricks
02-19-2008, 12:32 AM
They are making a C-3PX figure, it's the BAF from the exclusive Droid Factory 2packs - collect all six, SUCKERS! (Precious Roy, Precious Roy, makin' lots of suckers out of girls and boys!)

And I always felt Thrawn needed a better figure than that '98 version, the sculpt was lackluster.

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 01:44 AM
Uh, yeah, I posted that early on in my explorations into the massive joy that was Toy Fair 2008.

He still sucks less than White Vader. That's like a character from a crappy song the Moody Blues rejected.

Devil King
02-19-2008, 02:05 AM
Thrawn... nice update, but not vital.

I totally agree with most of your assesments. But I have to take issue with this line. A resculpt was vital for Thrawn. I'm an OT purist, and the Thrawn Trilogy and the first 4 issues of Dark Horse's Empire are the only EU I buy into, and the last figure of Thrawn is for ****.

Slicker
02-19-2008, 06:33 AM
Is it just me or is that Dengar awesome!! He's got that grizzled old man look! :thumbsup:

Jargo
02-19-2008, 07:57 AM
looks like this years new gimmick is shiney metallic paint on figures. seen it on lots of stuff lately. soon as the Ironman figures and statues started using it the floodgates opened. I'll bet we see a lot more use of it. rather than chroming. it may even work on a 3PO figure.

I really like the sculpt on Cade but is it me or does Darth Talon look like Ayla Secura with PMT?

Thrawn is a vast improvement on the last one. even the ysamri or whatever it's called looks better. I shall have to get that set for Karrde and the little critter.

pig faced Leia with bloated ankles sucks. Xisor is better than the last one but he still looks dumb. Melon headed gimp.

Asajj Ventress and Tol Skorr. Tol who? Looks like he belongs in a viking epic adventure. I'm more interested in the little thingy that comes in the set. round with little legs. Is it a droid? A bomb? What is that thing? ventress - meh.

Durge and Anakin. Removable helmet good. character design still sucks. Anakin - well in the picture he's all covered up by an oversized cloth robe so can't comment on him.

Mandalorians look like GI Joe figures, id Dengar a new sculpt? don't like the paint scheme. Leia looks like a repaint of the one from the mynock hunt cinema scene. i.e. poodoo.

So I shall buy Cade and Talon.
Karrde and Thrawn
Skorr and Ventress maybe.

Tycho
02-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Tol Skorr was a Jedi that Count Dooku turned to the Dark Side.

One old urban legend was that Darth Vader ascended to become Dark Lord of the Sith by killing any and all of his rivals for that post. It's still sort of true from a certain point of view.

"Vader" killed Count Dooku. There was an indeterminate amount of Jedi serving him on the Dark Side: Ventress being the most prominent. Her fate is debatable as she seemed to have survived multiple encounters with Skywalker and Kenobi.

Tol Skorr reminded me of Sabertoothe from X-men. That's who I think he was modled after anyway. I think it was actually Quinlan Vos who killed him.

Quinlan was sometimes regarded as one of Dooku's Dark Jedi, but Quinlan walked on both sides.

There were some others, too. I don't recall if Anakin ever killed any. Aurra Sing was taken down by Aayla Secura. But Sing was a bounty hunter, not a practicing Dark Jedi.

Quinlan and Obi-Wan might've vanquished most of the others in actuality. I'm not sure what Anakin did beyond whine about Padme.

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Anakin was masterminding it all along. He had the Jedi wipe out his competition, then took them out. He didn't realize Obi-Wan had a magical ability to cut off three limbs at once even when it defied the laws of physics, and fell victim to this power on Mustafar (which was named after a Queen song).

JediTricks
02-20-2008, 01:47 AM
I think that Leia Hoth is actually the POTF2 figure with the OTC Leia Bespin head.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-20-2008, 02:28 AM
I think that Leia Hoth is actually the POTF2 figure with the OTC Leia Bespin head.

It looks like she has knee articulation though, doesn't it? Not that that should make me buy the damn thing...just retool a new one already...sheesh! I'm holding out for her on vintage card, so I guess I can wait

JediTricks
02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
It just looks that way, I think they merely took that paint wash too far and it filled in a sculpted wrinkle that looks like knee articulation.

Vintage-style cards are over for now.

Devil King
02-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Vintage-style cards are over for now.

and that sucks.