PDA

View Full Version : Gunship Dropship

dr_evazan22
02-17-2008, 11:01 PM
It's really great to see the AT-TE and other vehicles from Hasbro. The LEGO gunship looks amazing, too.

What I'd like to see made, either from Hasbro or LEGO, is the Gunship Drop Ship with AT-TE attached. I don't need one as large as the current AT-TE, but either a scale model or about the size of the old Action Fleet.

A larger variant of the gunship is specially designed to airdrop heavy cargo, such as the Republic's AT-TE combat walkers.

Maradona
02-18-2008, 09:21 PM
I found it strange that Hasbro didn't show a Gunship or a retooled version as a Dropship at TF. Maybe it's coming later in the year, but it would seem a no-brainer for the CW series.

mtriv73
02-19-2008, 11:14 AM
As much as I'd love to see it made, it would have to be in scale with the upcoming AT-TE (there's no way they'll make a new mold after just making this one.) Since that would be way too big for your average kid to carry around and play with, I just don't see it ever happening.

At this point I'd settle for one in titanium scale.

jedi master sal
02-19-2008, 11:48 AM
As much as I'd love to see it made, it would have to be in scale with the upcoming AT-TE (there's no way they'll make a new mold after just making this one.) Since that would be way too big for your average kid to carry around and play with, I just don't see it ever happening.

At this point I'd settle for one in titanium scale.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. I would LOVE to see an AT-TE dropship, but I don't expect it in the action figure sized line.

Though now that the AT-TE is made, I'm certain someone (collector) is going to tackle this as a custom. I'll be looking forward to seeing that.

There is no way the current mold for the gunship can be used for the carrier. It's way too small.

look here for comparisons:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Republic_gunship
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Low_Altitude_Assault_Transport/carrier
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/AT-TE

jedi master sal
02-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Okay, now knowing how big the toy is, here is a comparative view of the dropship and AT-TE. As you can see the dropship would have to be HUGE. For such a "niche" vehicle as this, I don't see anyway of Hasbro making this (and affordable-given the most anyone would want on average would be one).

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2232/2277010691_6cf8830575.jpg?v=0

jedi master sal
02-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Excuse the crude job of the graphic but I wanted to get this posted quickly and I'm on lunch and lunch is almost over with....

Maradona
02-19-2008, 04:29 PM
As the Gunship stands now, a Dropship is out of the question given the mold available.

BUT, if Hasbro were to redo the Gunship to be more in scale with what it should be, where pilots sit instead of stand compressed and where ball turrets are standard, then it would not be too outrageous to think that it could come with a detachable underside making it possible to use as a Dropship. I don't think this is out of the question in the long run, given that these ships will foreseeably be featured in the cartoon series. Who knows, maybe a redone Gunship is the reason behind Hasbro not releasing ball turrets.

With the advent of the AT-TE, Hasbro has set a new standard their older vehicles are not but should be in line with, much like the innovation of super articulation inspired so many remakes in the basic figure line.

dr_evazan22
02-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Okay, now knowing how big the toy is, here is a comparative view of the dropship and AT-TE. As you can see the dropship would have to be HUGE. For such a "niche" vehicle as this, I don't see anyway of Hasbro making this (and affordable-given the most anyone would want on average would be one).

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2232/2277010691_6cf8830575.jpg?v=0

Great graphic Sal... Thanks!

I don't think it would be feasible to make one that would be big enough to hold the AT-TE, either, which is why I'd like to see something Action Fleet sized. I think that the Titaniums are just too small. I'm not a fan of their level of detail or paint jobs. The only thing I really dig about them is that they can, and sometimes are, used to give us variety in terms of deco / squadron colors.

jedi master sal
02-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Great graphic Sal... Thanks!

I don't think it would be feasible to make one that would be big enough to hold the AT-TE, either, which is why I'd like to see something Action Fleet sized. I think that the Titaniums are just too small. I'm not a fan of their level of detail or paint jobs. The only thing I really dig about them is that they can, and sometimes are, used to give us variety in terms of deco / squadron colors.

Thanks Doc. It was a quickie job, but does the job for the point of discussion.

I wouldn't mind getting one of the dropships. I just don't ever see it being made though as it really is a niche vehicle. Seen once and then that's it.

Besides, I don't see everyone of we collectors getting one of these if made. heck not all collectors will be getting the AT-TE. So, if they don't get that, then what is the point of the dropship?