PDA

View Full Version : New Evolutions figs

tagmac
02-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Had a major stroke of luck on Friday. Went into TRU, and sitting there with a bunch of Sith/Anakin Evo packs was a lone "Jedi Legacy" set! Of the new ones, that's the only one I wanted, and I can't believe it was the only one sitting. Looks pretty good, especially Bultar Swan, who looks a lot better than that cartoony-looking one from the comic pack (which I skipped). Haven't seen any of the other new ones yet here in Jersey, but I'm sure they'll be hitting soon.

JediTricks
02-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Had a major stroke of luck on Friday. Went into TRU, and sitting there with a bunch of Sith/Anakin Evo packs was a lone "Jedi Legacy" set! Of the new ones, that's the only one I wanted, and I can't believe it was the only one sitting. Looks pretty good, especially Barris Offe, who looks a lot better than that cartoony-looking one from the comic pack (which I skipped). Haven't seen any of the other new ones yet here in Jersey, but I'm sure they'll be hitting soon.
I think you mean Bultar Swan, not Barriss Offee.

I saw a Jedi Legacy Evo set at WM yesterday, it was a return, someone had stolen the Luke and replaced it with McQuarrie Han - very strange.

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Huh?

I could see switching out Bultar or Qui-Gon, but why Luke?

JediTricks
02-19-2008, 01:19 AM
No clue. And why with McSolo? It's not a particularly common figure. I took a couple quick snaps though for evidence.

tagmac
02-19-2008, 11:10 AM
I think you mean Bultar Swan, not Barriss Offee.

Whoops! Error noted, and correction made above. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
02-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Wy would anyone return a McSolo?

tagmac
02-19-2008, 01:25 PM
The only satisfaction I could see anyone taking out of this is that of someone who needs the rare McSolo taking the opportunity to get one for $20, then having to spend another $20 for a second Evolutions set for Luke. Aside from wanting to just annoy omeone, I can't see any other way. Personally, I'd say you're simply dealing with a very stupid person here.

JediTricks
02-19-2008, 06:18 PM
McSolo was missing his cape. :p

Jedi_Kal-El
02-19-2008, 06:26 PM
McSolo was missing his cape. :p

Don't you mean his McCape JT?

Sorry, bad pun. :o

General_Grievous
02-20-2008, 02:22 PM
I stopped by Toys R Us after class today on a whim, thinking I might find something new. Lo and behold, just like you, Tagmac, I also found a lone Jedi Evolutions set. I really like it. Qui-Gon and Bultar are awesome.

However, there was no sign of the Fett Legacy set. Are they shipping in a different assortment than the Jedi set?

TheRealDubya
02-20-2008, 03:17 PM
I stopped by Toys R Us after class today on a whim, thinking I might find something new. Lo and behold, just like you, Tagmac, I also found a lone Jedi Evolutions set. I really like it. Qui-Gon and Bultar are awesome.

However, there was no sign of the Fett Legacy set. Are they shipping in a different assortment than the Jedi set?

I read the case breakdown has one of each of the 4 new ones; I found the Fett one at a Target the other day. It's stupendously cool.

jedi master sal
02-20-2008, 04:24 PM

They are shipping one of each in a case: Jedi, Sith, Fetts, Apprentice.

They are all VERY good sets. Qui-gon's head could be better, but I'd be nitpicking there. Not a huge fan of the Mandolore figure but Jango and Boba more than make up for him. The Sith set is the average one in the bunch to me, yet it's still good. I'm disappointed that the "Jedi" apprentice figure has cut elbows instead of ball joint and that figure seems way to skinny to me. Still they ALL look great and the packaging is outstanding. I still opened mine up, but saved the outer boxes. The artwork is excellent and the package design superb.

-Sal

General_Grievous
02-20-2008, 06:11 PM
I've only got my eye set on the Fett Legacy pack now, which is the one I want most due to the SA Jango and the SA ESB Boba Fett. The Legacy of the Sith and Force Unleashed packs don't interest me at all.

figrin bran
02-22-2008, 02:44 AM
My Mandalore figure's right thumb broke off as I was trying to free him from the plastic tray and the rubberbands.

Time to renew to call to Hasbro to stop packing them so tightly!

Mad Slanted Powers
02-22-2008, 02:51 AM
So far I've only found the Sith set. I'm looking forward more to the Jedi one, but I will get them all. Jango should be a nice addition.

jedibear
02-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Our ONE and only case made it's brief appearance up here...by the time I got off work, only the Jedi set remained.

A decent enough group of figures, but Qui-Gon is the reason to get this set!
Finally, after almost 10 years, we get a really good figure of this character...yes, the neck's a little long looking, but depending how he's posed, he doesn't look so bad...way better than the previous versions of him have been.

As terrific as he is, I have to say I'm puzzled by this set.
Jedi Legacy? Qui-Gon...yes, but Bultar Swan? I'll grant it that this is a better looking version than the one that came with the comic pack...better articulation, good screen-accurate look as she appeared in AOTC, but she should have been a carded figure in the basic line. And the Luke? Right character perhaps, but he just looks "off"...I'd be curious to know how the designers came up with this particular outfit for him...what was the source? I know it says NJO on the packaging but...a more recognizable "iconic" appearance of him may have worked better here. Granted, that might've been part of the decision for them...it's been pretty recent in the line that we got a decent "Bespin" version, the VOTC Farmboy version was alright, and while we still are lacking a really good Jedi Knight version, having another go at that, with all of the relevant accessories, would have been more appropriate for a "Legacy" set...

Really looking forward to the Sith and Fett sets...not so much the Unleashed, but...I'll still pick it up. Really looking forward to the Padme set previewed at TF for later in the year...

Here's a few shots of the Jedi set...

General_Grievous
02-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Why is it always the Jedi set that's left over?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-24-2008, 07:46 PM

I'd be happy to see any of these sets. But no, my stores always take a month or two longer then the rest of the world. :(

Mad Slanted Powers
02-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Same here, I've only seen the Sith set. All there is around here is the reissues.

Kidhuman
02-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I went to Target today and all that was left was the Jedi set. I did get all 4 the other day at Kmart though.

El Chuxter
02-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Jedi's the only one I've seen. And I've only seen it once. Normally it's five of one of the first three that got repacked. Oddly, it's never an assortment, but only several of one (usually Clonetroopers, oddly enough).

jedibear
02-24-2008, 11:55 PM

Because nothin' sells quicker than the "bad" guys...

JediTricks
02-25-2008, 12:23 AM
All I've seen are the Jedi sets.

General_Grievous
02-25-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm going through Fett withdrawal.

Kidhuman
02-25-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm going through Fett withdrawal.

Quick, go buy a battlepack

DarkArtist
02-26-2008, 07:54 PM
picked up the new Sith Set, Jedi Legacy Set and the Force Unleashed set at TRU tonight. didn't see the Fett set but someone in the store followed me out to my truck and asked if I wanted to sell the 3 sets I had to him for $25 each. I passed.

JediTricks
02-28-2008, 02:01 AM
If he's willing to drop that, he may as well just go to Kmart where they're $28.

Kidhuman
02-28-2008, 05:36 AM
I paid 21.99 for mine at Kmart, you guys are getting jerked

El Chuxter
02-28-2008, 09:47 AM
I saw the comic packs at K-Mart had been marked up to $14.19 since the last time I was there. And they're the same ones that have been there for a year.

Totally insane.

mm74md
02-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Is it me, or is the Jango's flightsuit way too purple? He looks more like Zam Wesell. So far the Jedi set is my favorite.

Devil King
02-28-2008, 06:51 PM
So, is the Vader with removable helmet that's on display at ToyFair the same figure as the one from the first Anakin Evolution set?

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Probably the same body and everything else except the one on display at Toyfair is supposed to have a two piece removable helmet.

Qui-Long Gone
02-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I haven't been a huge fan of the evolutions sets, but I picked up the Jedi pack today and am very impressed with Jinn and Swan....a type of drink in another universe. Can't say I care much for the Luke when it could have been a Throne Room battle figure....

Nice sculpts....

Devil King
02-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Probably the same body and everything else except the one on display at Toyfair is supposed to have a two piece removable helmet.

Cool. Thanks. I already had that Vader put on a vintage-style card, so I'm glad I don't have to have it done again.

El Chuxter
02-28-2008, 10:52 PM
I saw the Fett set today and passed.

I was really wanting this for the Jango. But he's frigging purple! What the hell?

I have a bazillion Bobas already, and no interest in the Mandalore dude, so a wrong-colored Jango was not a $20 figure.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 11:04 PM
I saw the Fett set today and passed.

I was really wanting this for the Jango. But he's frigging purple! What the hell?

I have a bazillion Bobas already, and no interest in the Mandalore dude, so a wrong-colored Jango was not a $20 figure.

I want that Boba Fett BAD!! But I don't want the other two, like you Chux. So I decided to get him from ebay...he's gong for about $10, I figure I'll save 10 bones at least that way, other than that one particular figure, I am passing on these most recent evo sets. The sith guy from KOTOR I think, looks pretty cool, but I don't have anywhere to use him.

Here's a great scalper story...went to a walmart and this slimeball of a person has taken all four sets, 2 of each, so i ask nicely and mostly kidding if he can part with just one fett set. he says he can't cuz he has two orders for them. I say, what? How much are you asking for them, he says $35. I wanted to spit on that ugly POS so bad. But alas, his life probably sucks anyway, constantly running from store to store to support himself. Pathetic!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Here's a great scalper story...went to a walmart and this slimeball of a person has taken all four sets, 2 of each, so i ask nicely and mostly kidding if he can part with just one fett set. he says he can't cuz he has two orders for them. I say, what? How much are you asking for them, he says $35. I wanted to spit on that ugly POS so bad. But alas, his life probably sucks anyway, constantly running from store to store to support himself. Pathetic!

That happens here alot too. I've seen guys with whole waves of figures in their arms, and I know where they're going to end up. Makes me sick. Then you get the Hot Wheels guys who grab up anything SW to throw on ebay without realizing what they have, and that really gets me angry. I wanna drag them out to the parking lot sometimes. :mad:

Qui-Long Gone
02-28-2008, 11:18 PM
I want that Boba Fett BAD!! But I don't want the other two, like you Chux. So I decided to get him from ebay...he's gong for about $10, I figure I'll save 10 bones at least that way, other than that one particular figure, I am passing on these most recent evo sets. The sith guy from KOTOR I think, looks pretty cool, but I don't have anywhere to use him.

If I would have known you wanted one that badly, I would have changed my mind....I figured $35 would pay my gas bill for March....:lipsrsealed:

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 11:25 PM
If I would have known you wanted one that badly, I would have changed my mind....I figured $35 would pay my gas bill for March....:lipsrsealed:

Why you little... *shakes fist in air ;)

figrin bran
02-29-2008, 12:15 AM

I'm willing to buy the Mandalore from you if you were to buy the set so you just need someone to take Jango off of your hands

El Chuxter
02-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Hmmmm... DNA wants Boba, figrin wants Mandalore, and I want Jango, but none of us are wanting to buy the whole set for the one figure.

I wonder if there's any solution aside from all of us passing on the set? ;)

A wrong colored Jango is not a $20 figure, but he may very well be a $6.67 figure.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-29-2008, 12:33 AM
All right, If I see it, I'll get it and gladly sell you gents the other figs, for how ever much it is divided by three. So if you guys see it, let me know cuz I can hold off getting him on ebay and I'll gladly take him off your hands too. This could work gents, this could work :thumbsup:

I'm in!

figrin bran
02-29-2008, 12:52 AM
You're only partially right, Chux. I've already bought the set but first of all, Mandalore's right thumb broke off thanks to the ultra tight rubber bands in the package and second, I'd like a duplicate with which to make customs.

And since you'll probably ask, I want to keep my Boba and Jango so one of us will need to buy the set.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-29-2008, 12:58 AM
You're only partially right, Chux. I've already bought the set but first of all, Mandalore's right thumb broke off thanks to the ultra tight rubber bands in the package and second, I'd like a duplicate with which to make customs.

And since you'll probably ask, I want to keep my Boba and Jango so one of us will need to buy the set.

I was seriously wondering about you not wanting the other two figures, knowing what a figure freak you are ;) But seriously, I'm in on this one cuz I'd rather do it with friends than on ebay :thumbsup: So I'll be on the look out for the fett set woot woot

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 02:37 AM
I want the whole Fett set. :( But cannot find it at all.

That jerk who said he had orders for 'em, you should have gone to the manager and called the cops, it's technically illegal what's going on there, if you made a big stink he probably would have been embarrassed and it would have made an awesome scene.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-29-2008, 02:48 AM
I want the whole Fett set. :( But cannot find it at all.

That jerk who said he had orders for 'em, you should have gone to the manager and called the cops, it's technically illegal what's going on there, if you made a big stink he probably would have been embarrassed and it would have made an awesome scene.

If I had cleavage to show, boy howdy, I'd have a Fett set for ALL of us...but then he was so disgusting, that's even below me and I'll flash anyone, anytime :thumbsup:

Seriously, it made me rethink this whole 'hobbie' It is really my first run in with a scalper and frankly, quite shocking. Plus they are just so sleazy, I want NOTHING to do with them. If that means taking much longer to find or ordering cases via internet companies like EE, so be it, that's what I'll do! I will NOT support these disgusting individuals!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-29-2008, 03:42 AM
If I had cleavage to show, boy howdy, I'd have a Fett set for ALL of us...but then he was so disgusting, that's even below me and I'll flash anyone, anytime :thumbsup:

Seriously, it made me rethink this whole 'hobbie' It is really my first run in with a scalper and frankly, quite shocking. Plus they are just so sleazy, I want NOTHING to do with them. If that means taking much longer to find or ordering cases via internet companies like EE, so be it, that's what I'll do! I will NOT support these disgusting individuals!

I wish scalpers could be shot on site. Maybe we should lobby Congress.

jedibear
02-29-2008, 04:48 AM
I'm wondering if the Fett set is shipping with every new case. I've seen the new sets at KB and TRU now...sans Fett. When I saw them at KB, there were two of Sith, two of Jedi and two of Force Unleashed. Six complete sets that looked like they were just put out....and TRU only had the Jedi and FU...really looking forward to the Fett set! Is Jango is really purple?? That's not good...

In the meantime, I did pick up the Sith set...and as always, all the figures look way better in hand than just seeing pictures.

This is definitely the best of the new sets in terms of consistency with the concept...it really is about the evolution...some of the history of the Sith. I wish the Jedi set had been this good...having an "Old Republic" Jedi along with Qui-Gon and Luke would've been WAY better and the Force Unleashed set....where's the evolution in that? At least the Fett set seems to be on board more with the evo concept...

Out of the three, Darth Nihilus is my favorite...so cool and exotic, truly an ancestor in appearance to someone like Maul. When Hasbro combines fabric with the figure with this kind of success, the effect is amazing!
He really fits well within the design milieu established by the films...just really cool!
This version of Maul is great too...totally different from the POTJ one that was done a while back...I still enjoy that previous figure depicting Jan Duursema's intense version of a shirtless Maul in training, but this version is a definite upgrade... He features good, well designed articulation and balance, excellent detailing and again, a really fine integration of cloth into the figure. The dark skin/tattoo tones give the figure a more intense, less toy-like appearance that looks great...and it's a small thing, but I'm glad to see that his teeth are BAD instead of pearly white like the last few figures of him have been.
Darth Bane is pretty good too. He comes off a little more dramatic and less threatening looking than he should (it's that slightly overdone cape) especially when one compares him to how he's characterized in the two recent books featuring him. He does look good with the armor on..but I like him better without the helmet...his face is so intense it needs to be seen, instead of hidden under that lumpy yellow plastic...

This set is a great addition to everyone's "Sith" collection, cool companion pieces to Malak and Revan. I've been enjoying that new "Jedi vs. Sith" book and...as cool as this set is, if Hasbro wanted to go another 'round with the Evolutions concept with a "Sith" theme, there are many more cool characters to consider (Exar Kun comes immediately to mind)...

Here's some shots I took of 'em...including one of a "Sith" reunion ...hey, always in motion is the force, eh? :)

DarkArtist
02-29-2008, 05:48 PM
finally found the Fett set tonight so now I have all the Evolutions sets to date. would like another set of each of the Jedi and Fett but will wait on these as I just dropped about $200 in toys in under 1 week.

Qui-Long Gone
02-29-2008, 05:50 PM
In the new Fett set, have they solved Boba's "head" in terms of scale?

I thought the Vintage Boba was great except for that dang head and scope that wouldn't stand up straight....

jedibear
03-01-2008, 02:54 AM
Well, I was on the hunt today for the Fett set to no avail...and picked up an "opener" set of The "Vader's Secret Apprentice" set instead...quite pleased. All three are pretty cool figures...

Who is this guy? Hopefully the forthcoming Dark Horse comic or the tie-in novel will tell us soon enough...

As a figure, this guy is excellent. Hasbro is really getting good at having plenty of articulation in the figure without taking away too much from the figure's appearance. This warrior has plenty of posing possiblities and great balance to pull many of them off and still stand unassisted. Great detailing on his outfit and sharp features on his head sculpt.

A Jedi warrior joins the fray...
This nameless Jedi Knight has a unique appearance from his hood-like cowl to his odd arm banners and topped off with a generic head sculpt. Decent articulation but not quite as impressive as the Apprentice. Careful with that right arm...it does pop off pretty easily when changing poses. And this one made me laugh a bit...it was like futzing a Sideshow figure to get him looking "just so"...not a bad thing, just never expected to have to do that with a regular Hasbro figure...

The wicked Sith warrior...
He's an interesting figure, but his design harkens more to some heavy metal or Manson-esque music band than something from Star Wars...really expected one of his accessories to be an electric guitar or something.
His lightsaber-spangled belt is cool, guess he got his fashion sense from Aurra Sing or General Grievous, eh? He also features a fine layered look and great articulation, plus a hole on his waist to hold the extra light saber hilt.

As an introduction to this new multimedia project in the Star Wars galaxy, Hasbro has created a good solid set of figures here. Not sure it really fits into the "Evolutions" banner, but it's well-presented and does feature some high-quality action figures...

Now who is that apprentice guy anyway? :)

Here's some shots...

Phantom-like Menace
03-01-2008, 04:22 AM
will wait on these as I just dropped about $200 in toys in under 1 week.

No kidding. I've found almost nothing for weeks then suddenly within two days I find Jedi Evolutions (love the Baltar Swan), an AT-AP, all of the Force Unleashed figures, and a Dark Trooper just as I dropped a good chunk of change at a collectibles shop. I had to triage the figures I wanted the most, so I had to leave behind the second Evo and Jump troopers (only getting one of each), and Juno Eclipse (banking on there being more of her later).

So, as I said above, I found the Jedi set. I'm not sure what I think of Luke. He's doesn't look old enough. He looks like Luke from the movies after the Wampa was a little less careful mauling him. Though Qui-Gon is possibly my favorite character from all six movies, his softgoods keep me from being too enthusiastic about him. I guess as far as softgoods go, he's fine. I've wanted more female Jedi like Bultar for a long time. I'm not really happy with all of these female Jedi either dressing non-traditionally (Shaak-Ti, Barris Offee, Luminara Unduli), or like prostitutes (Aayla, Maris Brood), so Bultar is very welcome to join the short list of "proper" Jedi femmes. I don't like the left elbow joints on Bultar and Luke. The elbows bend ninety degrees to the direction their sleeves hang. I'm not sure if that statement makes any sense.

I still want the Sith, Fett, and Unleashed Evolutions, but I'm just going to have to wait.

Sinscia Fat'o
03-01-2008, 06:53 PM
No kidding. I've found almost nothing for weeks then suddenly within two days I find Jedi Evolutions (love the Baltar Swan), an AT-AP, all of the Force Unleashed figures, and a Dark Trooper just as I dropped a good chunk of change at a collectibles shop. I had to triage the figures I wanted the most, so I had to leave behind the second Evo and Jump troopers (only getting one of each), and Juno Eclipse (banking on there being more of her later).

So, as I said above, I found the Jedi set. I'm not sure what I think of Luke. He's doesn't look old enough. He looks like Luke from the movies after the Wampa was a little less careful mauling him. Though Qui-Gon is possibly my favorite character from all six movies, his softgoods keep me from being too enthusiastic about him. I guess as far as softgoods go, he's fine. I've wanted more female Jedi like Bultar for a long time. I'm not really happy with all of these female Jedi either dressing non-traditionally (Shaak-Ti, Barris Offee, Luminara Unduli), or like prostitutes (Aayla, Maris Brood), so Bultar is very welcome to join the short list of "proper" Jedi femmes. I don't like the left elbow joints on Bultar and Luke. The elbows bend ninety degrees to the direction their sleeves hang. I'm not sure if that statement makes any sense.

I still want the Sith, Fett, and Unleashed Evolutions, but I'm just going to have to wait.

Thought i was the only one who went broke this week!

I bought the Biggs Darklighter 08 (Pilot)
Evo. Fett LEgacy
Evo. Vader's Apprentice
EVo. Sith Lords 2
Evo. Sith Lords 1
Evo. Jedi Knights
All of the Force Unleashed Wave 2
2-1B Wave 1 o8
And a pack of Stands from Hasbro....

So yeah i just dropped around 175-200 bucks just on star wars figures! Ouch!

Sinscia Fat'o
03-01-2008, 07:04 PM
The Evo. Sets though were great...and if i had to pick a favorite i really couldn't!

The Jedi Legacy was my personal favorite at the begining... (I wanted the NJO Luke) Though Bultar Swan was really cool, but i wished she came with a robe and a hilt on her belt...(Though all of that has been finished with a little bit of customization) The Qui Gon Jinn was cool, I really like this figure and yes he was WELL worth the wait. (Now we just need a TPM Obi Wan to go with it!) Like I said above the Luke was the reason i wanted this set so badly, and that was a really great figure, it doesn't look like any other Luke we've gotten and i personally like the PT look of Luke for this figure.

The Fett LEgacy....Mandalore was the reason i wanted it, and he's a great figure, though there was room for improvement, but i'm happy Hasbro just through us TOTJ fans a bone and gave us someone from that comic series, so i'm not going to complain. Jango's pose was just a little less than to be desired, and his costume color was wrong, but forgivable, not a bad figure just not what i expected. The Fett was Fett...Vintage Fett from ESB, with a removeable helmet. The best Fett by far though!

Vader's apprentice, if you want generic Sith, Jedi, and Knight figures get it, it's worth it! Great figures all around! The Jedi Knight was my favorite! Though the Sith Lord did have some cool gothic appeal to it, i think it's the hands and mask, and the lightsaber they used for the sith was just wicked looking!

The Sith 2, Wow!!! Darth Bane was stellar and really-really well done! I loved the removable armor, because the look of Bane with all that armor on just wasn't for me...I just wanted a sith lord figure of the guy...Nihilous (SP?) wasn't bad, i just wish this was Exar Kun or Nagow Sadow...Freedon Nadd...anyone else from that era and the comics! But he still wasn't bad i guess the KOTOR fans had to get something from Hasbro as well. The MAul was cool and really well done, a possitive resculpt.

All in all this was a great 80 bucks i dropped on these things, and well worth the wait. I can honestly say i look forward to 09, and i also hope Evolutions continues in this style! Movie and Eu characters in one box, just a great deal for everyone IMHO.

Kidhuman
03-01-2008, 07:15 PM
My two weeks consists of all

5 figures from HTS
4 Evo packs(lay-a-way at Kmart)
All of Wave 2
Obi and Anakin from Wave 1
Stuff for Slicker

thats after only getting 4 comic packs the whole year and a lego set.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Today I found the remaining Evolution sets I need: Force Unleashed, Fett Legacy and Jedi Legacy. I also got some 2008 TAC: Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, 2-1B, Po Nuda and an orange Pit Droid with the locker accessory. With tax that put me over $100.

JediTricks
03-02-2008, 03:48 AM
If I had cleavage to show, boy howdy, I'd have a Fett set for ALL of us...but then he was so disgusting, that's even below me and I'll flash anyone, anytime :thumbsup:I'd rather you saved your womanly charms for something and someone far more deserving, and merely made his scalper life miserable.

Seriously, it made me rethink this whole 'hobbie' It is really my first run in with a scalper and frankly, quite shocking. Plus they are just so sleazy, I want NOTHING to do with them. If that means taking much longer to find or ordering cases via internet companies like EE, so be it, that's what I'll do! I will NOT support these disgusting individuals!I need to take you to Frank & Sons to experience what scalpers are really like, what they do when they congregate.

Anyway, I found a sealed case of Evo figures on a WM pallet last night and popped it, snaked the only Fett set right out of the box and dumped the case back on the pallet. This is something I almost NEVER do, but the situation has gotten so bad that I've resorted to... rude behavior! *GASP!* *NO!!!*

I also studied the Luke figure in the Jedi Evo, and that's just a recycled prequel body with a Luke head, what a total ripoff!

Banthaholic
03-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Picked up the Jedi Evolution today, along with the AT-AP, Grievous's ship, and Obi's Starfighter and 5 former coined figures figures now with stands. Yikes, thats over $100. Time to keep the toys in the trunk, so the wife doesn't see them come on in ;)

Deoxyribonucleic
03-02-2008, 01:11 PM
I found all the evo packs yesterday, FINALLY...two cases worth. Picked up one Fett set for myself and another Fett and Sith set for a friend. All the sets look really, really nice, good job on most of the figures in them, I'm just not interested in collecting most of those characters for myself, but good job hasbro, detail and likeness were great, like the Vader from the Evo set on '05! Very impressed :thumbsup:

Sinscia Fat'o
03-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I'd rather you saved your womanly charms for something and someone far more deserving, and merely made his scalper life miserable.

I need to take you to Frank & Sons to experience what scalpers are really like, what they do when they congregate.

Anyway, I found a sealed case of Evo figures on a WM pallet last night and popped it, snaked the only Fett set right out of the box and dumped the case back on the pallet. This is something I almost NEVER do, but the situation has gotten so bad that I've resorted to... rude behavior! *GASP!* *NO!!!*

I also studied the Luke figure in the Jedi Evo, and that's just a recycled prequel body with a Luke head, what a total ripoff!

The Luke was really cool, i enjoy that one more than any other EVO. figure i've gotten so far, and besides he has like 18 points of SA action going for him, i think what done it for me was the fact the face sculpt was totally new and hasbro actually made something like i imagined while reading the books. My only real beef with the jedi set was that they only included one robe...They should've at least given us two...

Snowtrooper
03-03-2008, 12:59 AM
I picked the following up yesterday:

Fett Evolutions-Bought it for $24.99 at KBToys since they were the only place in town that had it and its supposedly the toughest set to find. The rest I got at Wal-Mart
Sith Evolutions
Jedi Evolutions
Vader's Secret Apprentice Evolutions
Darth Vader 08#2
Obi-Wan 08#1
McQuarrie Rebel-I wasn't aware they were releasing it with a stand.
R2-B1-also with stand

I liked the Fett Evos the best with the Sith Evos a close second.

Did anyone elses Qui-Gons have bad paint jobs? I picked the best one I could find, but the beard seems a little bit off. Going from the picture on the back, it seems like the beard should be a darker brown. The one I have seems lighter. Not a big deal. Its still the best Qui-Gon we've gotten.

jedibear
03-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Didn't have an issue with the Qui-Gon in the Jedi set I picked up...

Well, I finally snagged the Fett set...thus completing this round of "Evolutions" for me...

First impressions...I'm not as disappointed as I expected to be after all I've read on different boards, but some of the negative points brought up about these figures are valid...but as an "Evolutions" set, it is good with the concept...and as far as Jango goes, it's a definite improvement over earlier versions.

I've got some shots at the bottom of my post, but first some comments...

The Mandalore...
This is without a doubt, the best of the three here. I don't know much about the source material this guy is from, but he's a striking enough design that I'm definitely going to check out KOTOR now...he just looks like a tough warrior. I like the accessories, especially the ax and the cape looks good too...not too overdone. I really like this figure!

Jango Fett...
While I'm at a loss as to why his coveralls lean towards a violet hue, the plating has never looked better, especially the chest plates. It could be the material used...his torso is a hard plastic instead of the softer grade usually used for figures (the limbs still feature the standard plastic)...the harder plastic allows for sharper detail and it really pays off with the armor. It's good to have arms articulated enough to aim his guns more naturally...earlier versions made this difficult (especially that preview figure one). I lucked out with my gun belt... the holsters don't seem to stick out to the sides like so many folks have mentioned. It's slightly distracting to have the shin straps missing, but the detail on the belt itself helps make up for that. The helmet...it's not the oversize that bothers me, it's the permanently upright rangefinder...and yes, the second jet pack would have made a good accessory as well, along with the poncho currently featured with the carded "casual attire" version.
Jango is a fair improvement over previous figures, but hopefully the future will bring us a color-corrected one on a card or in a battle pack...

Boba Fett...
Out of the three, Boba is the one who suffers from a "been there, done that...better" kind of feeling...plus, he looks almost soft and unfinished...while his whole paint scheme here is thankfully more muted than some earlier versions, the lack of small details (most notably the chest emblem)is readily apparent. His body is basically Jango's...just re-painted in Boba's color scheme. Just as distracting is the obvious re-use of Jango's helmet..just repainted with the same stuck rangefinder. The figure from this set also has a heck of a time keeping his jet pack on.
On the plus side, the guns seem better detailed than previous efforts and he does feature good articulation. The cape is a little more worn and tattered-looking as it should be as well. But it almost seems like the 300th figure of him is still the reigning version...

This is a good set featuring a character worthy of the "evolutions" concept and treatment but some of the details should have been kicked up a notch or two to make it truly great. So far, the Sith seem to rule this wave of "Evolutions" with the "Force Unleashed" gang right up there too...

The images...

Sinscia Fat'o
03-03-2008, 11:23 AM
The Mandalore...
This is without a doubt, the best of the three here. I don't know much about the source material this guy is from, but he's a striking enough design that I'm definitely going to check out KOTOR now...he just looks like a tough warrior. I like the accessories, especially the ax and the cape looks good too...not too overdone. I really like this figure!

Mandalore is from Tales of the Jedi comic series. It's a great series that centers around Exar Kun, Nomi Sun-Rider, Ulic Qul Droma, just to name a few. Though i do think Mandalore from this might make an appearence in KOTOR...I'm just not sure if he wore this garb or not.

Tycho
03-03-2008, 11:35 AM
I think it's Mandalore from KOTOR, but he would look almost the same as the one from TOTJ, as it's the same armor.

But they made Darth Revan and Darth Maleck, so I'm just saying...

The Mandalore that fought alongside Ulic and Exar returned to Dxun (Onderron's moon) to attempt to raid the tomb of Freedon Nadd himself to gain whatever Sith weapons he could find there. He never made it very far.

One of his best warriors found the body and took the armor. He would be next to assume the title of Mandalore - which I guess you got if you led the majority of Mandalorians. (Note Jaster Mureel never took that title - perhaps for many reasons, but one was surely that the Mandalorians were factioned in Mureel's time, with the Death Watch fighting the True Mandalorians, and thus, ununified, no one had the right to call themselves the leader in that era, and ultimately only Jango Fett survived).

I want the Evolutions figure because I hope to save him and pair him with Ulic and Exar, who ranked very, very highly in our EU poll and would be natural for Hasbro to create figures for, even 10 years later than the run of the original TOTJ comics.

jedibear
03-03-2008, 11:54 AM
I want the Evolutions figure because I hope to save him and pair him with Ulic and Exar, who ranked very, very highly in our EU poll and would be natural for Hasbro to create figures for, even 10 years later than the run of the original TOTJ comics.

Now THAT would make a killer comic pack! What issue would be appropriate for inclusion, Tycho?

Tycho
03-03-2008, 12:07 PM
It would have to be from Dark Lords of the Sith or Sith War, because Exar wasn't introduced yet in the original Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic, or its 2-issue sequel, The Freedon Nadd Uprising.

But I'd do DLotS #3 I think, with Exar twirling his double-bladed lightsaber to strike down his former Jedi Master, Vodo Siossk Baas on the floor of the Galactic Senate. Inside the issue, I believe Ulic is also turning to the Dark Side, in his sinful and twisted love-affair with Aleema, but he is not a Sith Lord yet, nor has he taken Mandalore as his slave yet (that's Issue 1 of Sith War if I recall this from memory).

Those comics, most written by Kevin J. Anderson, were extremely superior to almost every comic title Dark Horse has put out! Actually, they were superior for certain!

Banthaholic
03-03-2008, 10:46 PM
It would have to be from Dark Lords of the Sith or Sith War, because Exar wasn't introduced yet in the original Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic, or its 2-issue sequel, The Freedon Nadd Uprising.

But I'd do DLotS #3 I think, with Exar twirling his double-bladed lightsaber to strike down his former Jedi Master, Vodo Siossk Baas on the floor of the Galactic Senate. Inside the issue, I believe Ulic is also turning to the Dark Side, in his sinful and twisted love-affair with Aleema, but he is not a Sith Lord yet, nor has he taken Mandalore as his slave yet (that's Issue 1 of Sith War if I recall this from memory).

Those comics, most written by Kevin J. Anderson, were extremely superior to almost every comic title Dark Horse has put out! Actually, they were superior for certain!

ToTJ has to be one of my favorite. Maybe because it was the first series I picked up or maybe becuae it just rocks. I'm surprised that Hasbro has missed the ball on this one, especially with the ToJR book being recently released by Darkhorse, it would have been an opportune time.

An Exar figure is at my top of EU, well after Ackmena of course,

figrin bran
03-03-2008, 11:01 PM

I wasn't into SW comics during the run of that series but I got the TotJ Omnibus Vol. 1 recently, and really, really enjoyed it. I can't wait for Vol. 2 so I can read more about Exar, Ulic and Nomi. The first 2 are referenced a few times in the KOTOR games and Bastila from the game was originally supposed to be Nomi's daughter.

At the risk of creating a huge tangent for the thread, I've a question for Tycho and anyone else - Why is battle meditation no longer used during the prequel and OT eras?

Tycho
03-04-2008, 02:07 AM
The Force-Users might have lost that ability:

- Most Jedi Masters were killed or exiled.

- It was said Palpatine could do it, but he lost his focus during ROTJ when Luke and Vader started dueling and his priorities changed to concentrate on his own survival and which combatant would survive to continue being his apprentice.

- Luke was never trained in that area.

- If Yoda could do it, he was taken out of the picture by being exiled to Dagobah. In the PT, he was on-site of several battles (Geonosis, Kashyyyk) and his forces were always victorious.

-Obi-Wan didn't seem to be trained for that.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-04-2008, 02:23 AM
Apparently Oppo Rancisis could do it, but battle meditation wasn't something that was able to be worked into the prequel stories. There weren't many Force users in the OT, so it would be a rare talent in that era.

JediTricks
03-04-2008, 09:09 PM
I think it's Mandalore from KOTOR, but he would look almost the same as the one from TOTJ, as it's the same armor.The figure is Mandalore the Indomitable from TOTJ, the Mandalore from KOTOR took Indomitable's mask after that one was killed and proclaimed himself the new Mandalore, the Ultimate. KOTOR's Mandalore the Ultimate is the one you guys are thinking of, and his outfit is somewhat different:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalore_the_Indomitable
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalore_the_Ultimate

The Mandalore...
This is without a doubt, the best of the three here. I don't know much about the source material this guy is from, but he's a striking enough design that I'm definitely going to check out KOTOR now...he just looks like a tough warrior. I like the accessories, especially the ax and the cape looks good too...not too overdone. I really like this figure!Geez, when you put it that way, maybe I want to keep mine after all... I was going to trade it.

Boba Fett...
Out of the three, Boba is the one who suffers from a "been there, done that...better" kind of feeling...plus, he looks almost soft and unfinished...while his whole paint scheme here is thankfully more muted than some earlier versions, the lack of small details (most notably the chest emblem)is readily apparent. His body is basically Jango's...just re-painted in Boba's color scheme. Just as distracting is the obvious re-use of Jango's helmet..just repainted with the same stuck rangefinder. The figure from this set also has a heck of a time keeping his jet pack on.
On the plus side, the guns seem better detailed than previous efforts and he does feature good articulation. The cape is a little more worn and tattered-looking as it should be as well. But it almost seems like the 300th figure of him is still the reigning version...I honestly don't see where you can claim this is Jango again, not only does Boba have better articulation in the mid-torso, but the sculpted details are quite different head to toe, and Boba's not significantly oversized the way Jango is. And a soft sculpt, really? I found the sculpt tighter than any Boba previous. The only lacking details I found were the chest emblem, they got everything else right from the proper shin tool design to the layered undersuit look around the chest to the way the belt and belt packs work with the thigh packs, and the metallic sheen of the armor. And the helmet, while suffering the same rangefinder issue, is CLEARLY a different sculpt, it's a different height and the rangefinder is designed differently. Even the guy's shoes are done better than previous Bobas.

I think it's going to be very easy for fans to dismiss this Boba Evo figure right now, and then when Hasbro goes back and corrects the stupid missing emblem on the chest, everybody's going to praise it and lament not getting more than one.

Tycho
03-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Yup! JediTricks is right. It's Mandalore from TOTJ!

At long last, our first TOTJ with certainty! Yeaaay!

bigbarada
03-06-2008, 04:41 AM
The Luke was really cool, i enjoy that one more than any other EVO. figure i've gotten so far, and besides he has like 18 points of SA action going for him, i think what done it for me was the fact the face sculpt was totally new and hasbro actually made something like i imagined while reading the books. My only real beef with the jedi set was that they only included one robe...They should've at least given us two...

For some reason I really like that Luke figure too. I never intended to buy that Evo set, since the Qui-Gonn looked like another pinhead and I don't even know who Bultar Swan is or what movie she appeared in. There were three of these Jedi sets in Wal-Mart when I went there today and I just found one with a really good paint job on the Luke and I couldn't resist buying the set just for that one Luke figure. If it is a recycled body, I have no idea who it originally belonged to, but it looks really fitting for Luke's slight stature.

I think this is also the best Luke likeness we've gotten and probably my favorite facesculpt of Luke since the 2004 Dagobah figure.

I had no intention of liking this figure at all, but I don't mind being surprised every once in a while.

jedibear
03-06-2008, 11:48 AM
There really is something for everyone with these sets, eh? That's cool...
Sinscia's got a real good point though...why just one robe with that Jedi set?

bigbarada
03-06-2008, 03:19 PM
There really is something for everyone with these sets, eh? That's cool...
Sinscia's got a real good point though...why just one robe with that Jedi set?

Because it's big enough for all three of them to fit inside.:cross-eye Qui-Gonn is the largest figure in that set and he's swimming in that robe, did Hasbro forget that these are 3 3/4" figures not 12"?

Sinscia Fat'o
03-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I tried putting the robe on Bultar and i couldn't see her any longer...i thought she fell into a pocket dimension!

The Luke took me about 15 minutes to get looking decent in that robe. I had to use the clear rubber bands on the robe and the figure to anchor him to it...Hopefully next time they will do a little better job on the robe...or give each figure a robe like they should have to begin with.

sebillba
03-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I ordered three sets from a seller on Amazon a few days ago (Jedi/Sith/Fett), and was really excited to receive the package today. Unfortunately they sent me the old Sith set intsead of the new one.:mad: I've emailed them, but will also phone tomorrow as I want it sorted asap. Reckon it'll be at least another week till I get the right set now.

I've not opened the others yet, but they look pretty good in the packaging, and all seem to have good paint apps.:thumbsup: I'm also impressed with the Luke sculpt - he definitely looks older to me. The only possible problem I can see is Jango's right arm bicep joint, which is way out of allignment - I'm hoping it will straighten out when I twist it round.

bigbarada
03-06-2008, 05:05 PM
I really like the Luke figure. :yes:

JediTricks
03-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Cool pics BB, especially that second shot, good posing. Unfortunately, that body doesn't say Luke to me, or "Older Luke", and the face doesn't say "Older Luke" either.

General_Grievous
03-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Finally found the Fett Evolution set. I'm happy with it. The Mandalorian looks pretty cool, but I prefer the Fetts themselves in this set. It's nice to finally have a SA Boba in his ESB garb. As for Jango, he's not purple. I'd call it more of a lavender color. :p Even if his clothes are of a more violet shade, I still think he's the best Jango that Hasbro has given us.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-06-2008, 09:07 PM
What exactly is the difference between Boba Fett ESB garb and Boba Fett ROTJ garb?

Deoxyribonucleic
03-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Some pretty significant differences, if you're into all the minutia. ROTJ Fett is on the left. The missing chest insignia on ESB Boba is actually a mistake by Hasbro.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Those are the figures. Was there actually a difference in the movie?

Deoxyribonucleic
03-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Those are the figures. Was there actually a difference in the movie?

Yes, the figures are made almost exactly like their movie counterparts. The figures represent the main differences of the two Boba Fett costumes in ESB and ROTJ.

The cape, belt, holster and coloring over all are some of the major differences

JediTricks
03-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Deoxy's right about the changes, and the helmet is different from movie to movie too, both in paint and in sculpt, but oddly these figures seem to have their roles reversed in the shape of those helmets, the flatter shape of the Evo set is more akin to ROTJ while the more flared, aggressive shape of the VOTC one is like ESB.

Their rifles also differ slightly, the ESB version has a longer scope, a different transition to the butt, and is slightly leaner overall.

General_Grievous
03-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Apart from what's been said, the most major difference in Boba Fett's costume between ESB and ROTJ is the color of his jumpsuit underneath the armor. In ESB, it's a light-blue color, while it's beige in ROTJ.

JediTricks
03-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I chalked that up to Deoxy's "coloring overall" thing. I mean, Boba's red gauntlets and colorful accents on his jetpack are nearly as standout as the jumpsuit.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-08-2008, 03:42 PM
I just picked up the Fett and Sith sets today. Man, you guys weren't kidding about the length of Boba's cape. I also dislike Jango's holsters and think they should have used the ones from TAC figure. I'm also a little miffed that Jango only has the second jetpack. Aside from those things, they're not bad sets.

sebillba
03-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know if Qui-Gon has ball jointed hips like the new Obi and Anakin? The cloth skirt suggests he does, but I don't want to force them in case he doesn't (my Obi had very tight hip joints that took some force [no pun intended!] to to get started).

jjreason
03-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Doesn't look like it on mine - just the regular cuts from what I can see.

sebillba
03-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks JJ..... shame, but that's what I thought.

Jhiaxus
03-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to switch the head on Evolutions Jango with the TAC Jango? The paint on my Evo Jango is a little...weird. And are the two helmets the same mold?

sebillba
03-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to switch the head on Evolutions Jango with the TAC Jango? The paint on my Evo Jango is a little...weird. And are the two helmets the same mold?

Yes, you can swap the heads, I've just tried it, although the sculpts are slightly different, and the new Jango is a better likeness. Mine also has a bad paintjob - not helped that the head is cast from purple plastic and then painted with flesh tones.

The helmets are almost identical sculpts, but I think the new one is slightly shorter, and the rangefinder is less chunky. The new one is also cast in a much softer plastic, and the paint app is different.

Jhiaxus
03-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Mine also has a bad paintjob - not helped that the head is cast from purple plastic and then painted with flesh tones.

Yes, that's my major complaint. But the Evo head sculpt is growing on me.