PDA

View Full Version : Dear Hasbro, please do NOT make the Clone Turbo Tank

JediTricks
02-18-2008, 10:47 PM
aka the Juggernaut. Please don't ever make this toy. Ever. Seriously. I know a number of collectors are going to ask for it, there's been a small but vocal contingent asking about this for a few years now who are now emboldened by the AT-TE's imminent release. But the Juggernaut sucks and would make an incredibly lousy toy, a total waste of plastic. I know it's unusual to be asked NOT to make something, but with the limited number of items this line can produce in a year, I would absolutely hate for anything to be cut to make room for a loser design like this that was barely noticeable in just 1 film. Every toy so far that's been produced of the Juggernaut has sold poorly, from the Titanium Series to the LEGO version - this thing is dull as dishwater. There's a reason it was originally rejected back in the late '70s, it's not much of a Star Warsy design with its ridiculous 10 wheels and block body. Hell, most of its "fans" don't even realize that the end with the "neck" is the back rather than the front - it's a big stupid RV towing a box!

So in closing, please ignore all requests for any toy of the Juggernaut Clone Turbo Tank.

bigbarada
02-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Ditto. :)

It would be big, expensive, incredibly boring and the death of large accessories for the Star Wars line.

Oddly enough, with my obsession with Jabba's Palace and Skiff Guards, I feel the same way about a possible Sail Barge toy. I think it would be an incredibly boring "toy box" that would offer little play value to any kid.

Plus the Sail Barge is a horrible design, especially considering the "open air" concepts for it that were drawn up before the reality of the "creature effects" budget set in. So we ended up with this completely enclosed coffin with big red "sails" on it.

El Chuxter
02-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Interesting.

I'd probably pass on it, like I passed on the V-Wing and will pass on the AT-TE. But I think it looks cool as hayle.

A Sail Barge, though, I'd be first in line for. I'll get rid of my dining room table to house that mammajamma if I have to.

JediTricks
02-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Really, you don't think the sail barge would be interesting? I have the LEGO version, and it's one of my favorite sets, it actually caught me by surprise a little. There's both enough interior and exterior going on to make it a fun playset. Heck, even the side has an action scene on it. There's the windows and Luke's jump, the interior with Leia and Jabba's throne (great way to finally get that made!), stairs, trap doors, the big cannon on the deck, the side cannons, launching Fett, maybe a swivel plate for Luke to wield his lightsaber (there's 2 of these on the Black Pearl, surprisingly fun), and a rope to swing to freedom hanging off the sail.

You think the JuggerNOT looks cool? I don't get that at all.

bigbarada
02-19-2008, 01:41 AM
Really, you don't think the sail barge would be interesting? I have the LEGO version, and it's one of my favorite sets, it actually caught me by surprise a little. There's both enough interior and exterior going on to make it a fun playset. Heck, even the side has an action scene on it. There's the windows and Luke's jump, the interior with Leia and Jabba's throne (great way to finally get that made!), stairs, trap doors, the big cannon on the deck, the side cannons, launching Fett, maybe a swivel plate for Luke to wield his lightsaber (there's 2 of these on the Black Pearl, surprisingly fun), and a rope to swing to freedom hanging off the sail.

The toy would have to be pretty big and pretty amazing to really impress me. Because if it's too small then the inside becomes cramped and the sails obscure any figures on top.

If it's 3-4 feet long with all the features you describe, including a Jabba's throne that can be removed and displayed separately, then I'd buy it. But only after Hasbro made a correctly scaled Skiff, all 13 Skiff Guards, a true ROTJ Jabba the Hutt, and a Sarlacc Pit playset.

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 01:58 AM
The Juggernaut looks awesome. It doesn't, however, look "Star Warsy." The wheels kill it.

However, it could go pretty nicely with the McQuarrie figures and the old "EU" concept vehicles, since the Juggernaut as we finally saw it was almost exactly like the old drawings from back in the day.

Slicker
02-19-2008, 06:30 AM
If it's 3-4 feet long with all the features you describe, including a Jabba's throne that can be removed and displayed separately, then I'd buy it. But only after Hasbro made a correctly scaled Skiff, all 13 Skiff Guards, a true ROTJ Jabba the Hutt, and a Sarlacc Pit playset.But the size you give is enough to keep this one unproduced. At 3-4 feet long it'd be at least the $100 price tag of the Naboo Starship and seeing as it's almost 10 years later they'll no doubts up it considerably which is unfortunate.

jedi master sal
02-19-2008, 10:30 AM
I have to disagree. I'd like the Turbo tank.

However, instead of it being a toy, I contend with what I've been proposing for sometime now that it be a toy chest instead. Now with two cockpits for drivers/gunners and a detachable "crow's nest" on the top. (To make it easy to put toys in)

This would fill the desire for the vehicle to a point and also have the added bonus of being useful as a storage unit for toys for kids. AND it could still have wheels to make it easy to move about with toys inside.

In this instance the rolling toy chest could be done affordable as there wouldn't be anywhere near as much tooling for this as there was for the AT-TE.

We're not talking about complete accuracy here either with the toy chest Turbo Tank. But it can be BIG. No electronics, no lights. Limited moving parts. That would help keep costs down.

So I agree with JT that it should be done as a toy. But I do want to see it in some format other than a small Titanium. The toy chest idea has some merit as it's functional as well as a "toy" to a small degree.

-Sal

JON9000
02-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Really, you don't think the sail barge would be interesting? I have the LEGO version, and it's one of my favorite sets, it actually caught me by surprise a little.

I don't want them to unless they do it right.

To upscale the Lego toy to a 4 inch line just ain't gonna happen. So, it's either no sail barge or a sail barge nobody would want because it would be too small, a la sandcrawler and Sith Infiltrator. Then everybody would rail on Hasbro for not making it exactly the way they want. It's a no-win situation.

Kidhuman
02-19-2008, 01:18 PM
I wouldnt want to see this, I wouldnt buy it. It had about 4 seconds of Screen time. If anything else gets made, I see a retooled AT-TE into an AT-OT.

jedi master sal
02-19-2008, 03:02 PM
I wouldnt want to see this, I wouldnt buy it. It had about 4 seconds of Screen time. If anything else gets made, I see a retooled AT-TE into an AT-OT.

That's way too much retooling to make an AT-TE into an AT-OT. Better to make that from scratch. Though that would be a COMPLETE surprise and not something I'd ever think Hasbro would do.

JediTricks
02-19-2008, 06:14 PM
The toy would have to be pretty big and pretty amazing to really impress me. Because if it's too small then the inside becomes cramped and the sails obscure any figures on top.

If it's 3-4 feet long with all the features you describe, including a Jabba's throne that can be removed and displayed separately, then I'd buy it. But only after Hasbro made a correctly scaled Skiff, all 13 Skiff Guards, a true ROTJ Jabba the Hutt, and a Sarlacc Pit playset.I'm not that much of a stickler, I'd be happy to put the current skiff and the figures we have at hand next to a sail barge toy. The Pirates of the Caribbean Black Pearl is the size we're talking and one incredibly cool vehicle/playset, I love the one I have, lots of playtime and display potential. If the hull weren't the upside-down shape from the Sail Barge, I'd just think of the Pearl as the Sail Barge. :p

I don't want them to unless they do it right.
No, of course not, but they could just do it right instead.

I wouldnt want to see this, I wouldnt buy it. It had about 4 seconds of Screen time. If anything else gets made, I see a retooled AT-TE into an AT-OT.The AT-OT is heavily different, the only thing you could salvage really would be the ball turrets in the back. To be honest, I don't think I'd want an AT-OT either, it's like a DMV lobby on legs. :p But I'm far more against them making the Juggernaut than the AT-OT.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Do we really need a Jugernaught? I'm sure I can live without it. I doubt I'd like an AT-OT either, but wouldn't complain if they did decide to throw one at us. The Sail Barge on the other hand would be a welcome edition.

DarthBrandon
02-19-2008, 07:32 PM
I would much rather see a Falcon twice the size of the original, with as much time an effort that the AT-TE got before anything else. I'd much rather not see the Turbo Tank at all, like others have said, it's pretty boring. If you want make a giant toy box, give us a Rebel Blockade Runner, now that would be sweet as hell IMHO. This is where the Star Wars Saga starts & ends, depending on your point of view that is.:D

Devo
02-20-2008, 03:41 PM
I concur. This is the problem with most prequel vehicles - because of Lucas' desire to cram so much crap into the PT hardly any of them had significant enough screentime to either warrant a toy being made or to encourage any enthusiasm in me to buy those toys.

Only one vehicle that ever featured prominently on screen at one time appeared in more than one prequel film - the republic gunship. The AT-TE was in both AOTC&ROTS but if you blinked during the latter you missed it. The jedi starfighter changed design, Amidala used a different ship in each film. Anything else that may have been in more than one prequel film wasn't onscreen long enough or is too big to be considered for a toy.

Compare this with the OT:

Millenium falcon - all 3 films, a lot of screentime
TIE fighter - all 3 films, lot of screentime
X-wing - all 3 films, lots of screentime
Y-wing - all 3 films, significant enough screentime in films IV and VI
Star Destroyer - all 3 films, lots of screentime
Blockade runner - at least 2 films, princess Leia's ship,1st ever ship seen in saga

and other vehicles which may not have appeared in all the films but did interact with core characters and/or had plentiful screentime-

Landspeeder
Sandcrawler
Snowspeeder
AT-AT
Slave I
AT-ST
Speeder bike

this is why I regret buying the ARC-170, aside from hating the design, it was in one sequence of one film. Its why I haven't bought the V-wing, cool toy though I'm sure it is, and why I won't buy the V9 or any other ROTS vehicle.

I will buy the AT-TE and homing spider droid because I liked the Geonosis sequence and these featured heavily in the Clone wars cartoon aswell. I would have bought the Sith infiltrator had it been made in some way to scale, despite its short screentime because it was Darth Maul's - a character with too little screentime himself to be ruined like other characters were by Lucas' writing. But Hasbro totally messed that one up.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-20-2008, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't buy the tank, and i'm into the walkers either.
But the sail barge i would get. Why? Because it would have to be an awesome toy for them to finally make it. The deck and the interior alone would make an awesome playset...I said the P word!!! :)

Though i'd like to see a deluxe Falcon first...

Maradona
02-21-2008, 12:17 AM
Better to have it and not need it...

Whatever merit or lack thereof for the tank, I think Hasbro will make this. They've demonstrated a decided interest in attracting kids. The tank is the only vehicle in the Star Wars universe I can think of that has wheels on screen. Wheels mean kids can easily play with them by rolling them around. It won't come out in the size it should or could, but once the tank starts showing up in the cartoon, the clock will begin ticking to its eventual release.

JediTricks
02-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Its release and inevitable failure at market would lessen the chances for better big vehicles to get made, including the Falcon.

Maradona
02-21-2008, 08:44 PM
I think the updated Falcon is a lock and would definitely appear before a Turbo Tank, though the focus shown this year on CW stuff might cast some doubt on that presumption. I get the suspicion a new Falcon might be the big revelation at SDCC, if not at next year's TF. I look forward to getting it and figuring out where to put it.

Hasbro is going BIG for the first time in a generation. A new mold the size of the AT-TE and one for the impending Falcon are positive signs, which hopefully aren't coming too late to exploit an economy that has seen most things enlarged: cars, homes, value meal sizes. I just hope this translates over to their other lines and we get rereleases of the larger GI JOE sets, as well. Then again, I could just be dreaming...

Jargo
02-22-2008, 09:33 PM
From my personal perspective, I'll buy the falcon if it's any good. It has to be damn good, but I still want the V-35 landspeeder from Mos Eisley and the Imperial landing craft. i'd only accept a sail barge if was a decent size. but that doesn't mean it would have to be a complete sail barge. the left side could be entirely open for all i care. shove figure storage compartments inside and whatever. it's the deck and the side we see most of in the movie I'd want the detail on. gimme the deck, sails and the side and the rest can be empty.

Phantom-like Menace
02-23-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm totally on board for the Turbo Tank. I like Sal's idea that it be a toy box; they use less plastic in a large garbage can at Target than would be used in this toy. I think even in that format, they can get plenty of play out of it but still make it big and relatively cheap. And the idea could easily be adapted for the sandcrawler.

I don't imagine it would sell any better than or worse than a sailbarge and with the retooled Falcon already a lock--probably even for this year--we don't have to worry about its sales effecting our likelihood of getting the Falcon.

pegger
02-24-2008, 10:06 PM
The Turbo-Tank is not Star Wars. It offends me every time I see it. No vehicle in Star Wars should have wheels.

The only reason the Hailfire Droid doesn't offend me as much is because it's a droid and not a vehicle. But even that isn't very Star Wars-y either. (because of the wheels).

JediTricks
02-25-2008, 12:24 AM
The Hailfire Droid gets a pass because they're not wheels, they're giant hoops, even the wheel design there is unusual.

El Chuxter
01-28-2009, 05:43 PM
On behalf of JediTricks, thanks for not listening. Jerks. :mad:

Don't ever make the Lars family. Ever. Or a dais for Jabba. Never never. And don't even think of making Teek or Jaxxon, or I'll beat you with a stick.

Ando
01-28-2009, 07:48 PM
I am actually really excited about this toy and even though the preliminary mock up box looks a little on the smallish side, I am still eager about this vehicle and plan to get 2-4 of them when they release.

Hopefully Hasbro will continue to make large vehicles every year, because there are still a few I'd like to see such as the Twilight and the Nu Class/Republic Attack Shuttle.

DarkArtist
01-28-2009, 11:24 PM
i'd have to see up close before deciding whether or not I would pass on it. so far I'm interested in it and like the look of it from ROTS and agree that it would make a great EU / concept vehicle but the size restrictions are going to make it a tough sell.

Darth Jax
01-28-2009, 11:55 PM
sorry they didn't listen to you JT.

i'll be passing on this vehicle. it looked ridiculous on screen and something i can definitely live without.

Devo
01-29-2009, 12:42 AM
I will buy the AT-TE and homing spider droid because I liked the Geonosis sequence and these featured heavily in the Clone wars cartoon aswell.

lol

I bought neither. By the time they came out I had resolved to stop buying prequel toys altogether.

Blue2th
01-29-2009, 01:12 AM
Hey man, they gonna make it so you can ride it? That could be fun with some handlebars and all. :cross-eye

clone157
01-29-2009, 01:41 AM
Ya know, this is the type of thing that divides us as a community of collectors. We, as Star Wars fans, are a very splintered group. We have the OT collectors, PT collectors, EU collectors, and now the Animated Series collectors. As a brand, we must realize that each grouping is necessary for raising the capital to pay for the new molds for the toys we want. The Turbo Tank is no doubt going to be in the animated series. It is established in the PT universe. It is also in the EU universe as well. Two segments of the customer base should be pleased (hopefully). Just wait till the live action series comes out, we are going to hear the PT and AS collectors wondering why we don't see more stuff from those eras. We all know the precious Sail Barge will be made eventually (we had to wait how long for the AT-TE?). Be patient my friends. I believe we will see it soon. Besides, how many people wanted a Yarna, and more importantly, why are there so many left on the pegs?

P.S. I would love a Turbo Tank, but will still call it a Juggernaught. :thumbsup:

Slicker
01-29-2009, 02:11 AM
We all know the precious Sail Barge will be made eventually (we had to wait how long for the AT-TE?). Be patient my friends. I believe we will see it soon. Besides, how many people wanted a Yarna, and more importantly, why are there so many left on the pegs?

I wouldn't be so sure about that. People waited 6 years for an AT-TE but others have been waiting 25 years for Jabba's Skiff.

Old Fossil
01-29-2009, 07:40 AM
P.S. I would love a Turbo Tank, but will still call it a Juggernaught. :thumbsup:

Juggernaut.

(Don't take away the jugger.)

Slicker
01-29-2009, 08:04 AM
If HMS Dreadnaught was named because it didn't dread anything is the Juggernaught named because it doesn't Jugger anything?

What's a jugger anyways? :confused:

Beast
01-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Clearly someone needs to make a... "Dear Hasbro, please do NOT make the Sail Barge" thread. Since it seems to be the surest way to ensure that Hasbro will make something. See, apperantly all those years asking for things stopped us from getting them. Just like a good DS2 Jedi Luke.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Clearly someone needs to make a... "Dear Hasbro, please do NOT make the Sail Barge" thread. Since it seems to be the surest way to ensure that Hasbro will make something. See, apperantly all those years asking for things stopped us from getting them. Just like a good DS2 Jedi Luke.
Tell that to the Jedi Luke coming in the ROTJ wave this year. While you're at it, tell it to Yarna, Willrow Hood, and the AT-TE, too. ;)

JediTricks
01-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Everybody who asked for this piece is gonna get what's coming to them... just like the Sith Infiltrator.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Everybody who asked for this piece is gonna get what's coming to them... just like the Sith Infiltrator.
Which I also liked. :D

Ando
01-29-2009, 02:57 PM

I actually like the Sith Infiltrator despite the size and scale issues, so OKAY.

The only vehicle that I have ever had a problem with (and in spite of it, still love it for what it's supposed to be) is the Outrider.

JediTricks
01-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Let me channel Norm MacDonald for a moment... "It's a great piece, if you really like crap."

Ando
01-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Let me channel Norm MacDonald for a moment... "It's a great piece, if you really like crap."

Dude, you're just jealous it's not Jabba's Sail Barge.

Maradona
01-29-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm hoping the tank is better than the box size implies, but I fear it will inevitably be downsized. Despite that, I'm glad it exists. This is the first SW vehicle that with very little tweaking (such as a well placed Cobra logo) fits in with G.I. Joes. I'd get two just for that reason alone.

JediTricks
01-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Dude, you're just jealous it's not Jabba's Sail Barge.
I'll be reminding you of your weakass comment in a few months when everybody's bemoaning how lame and overpriced this boring, undersized box on wheels is.

I could point out that if your lame assessment held any water, the AT-TE would have been trashed in my eyes as well, yet that's not the case because your take is dead wrong. But I'll really enjoy watching you feel like a sucker as you plunk down somewhere between $50 and $100 only to feel like you wasted your cash on this turkey.

Ando
01-29-2009, 04:54 PM
I'll be reminding you of your weakass comment in a few months when everybody's bemoaning how lame and overpriced this boring, undersized box on wheels is.

I could point out that if your lame assessment held any water, the AT-TE would have been trashed in my eyes as well, yet that's not the case because your take is dead wrong. But I'll really enjoy watching you feel like a sucker as you plunk down somewhere between $50 and $100 only to feel like you wasted your cash on this turkey.

This is a pretty harsh, hostile, and anti-social response to what I thought was a relatively benign post.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-29-2009, 05:07 PM
This is a pretty harsh, hostile, and anti-social response to what I thought was a relatively benign post.
No kidding. No wonder this site is dying.

plasticfetish
01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Let me channel Norm MacDonald for a momentI find this offensive. Next you'll be channeling Jon Lovitz or Chris Kattan. Get thee behind me, witch!

(And guys... just chill-out.)

JediTricks
01-29-2009, 09:19 PM
This is a pretty harsh, hostile, and anti-social response to what I thought was a relatively benign post.Yes, you mentioned all that when you reported the post. If you pay attention, I didn't say anything about your person, I commented on the post you made. You however did post about my person.

I find this offensive. Next you'll be channeling Jon Lovitz or Chris Kattan. Get thee behind me, witch!Chris Kattan sucks, but I've been known to channel a little Master Thespian from time to time... it was all ACTING!

Ando
01-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Whatever I said I about your person (the jealous comment?) wasn't half as harsh as what you said about my post, which was as I will say again, I found hostile and anti-social.

And even though I was just kidding you and trying to be playful, I must have hit a nerve to get you riled up like that.

JediTricks
01-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah, you were just kidding around, I can tell by how seriously you're taking this, coming back over and over with personal stuff.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Girls, girls, girls, calm down. Ando will buy the Turbo Tank. JediTricks will not. Realize that the other person does not and will not agree with you on the matter and let it sliiiiide.

jediguy
01-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I am going to get one

Ando
01-30-2009, 07:27 PM
I am going to get one

I'll be getting AT LEAST one. If I luck out like I did with the AT-TE, I'll be able to pick up a few when the local retailer Fred Meyer does a buy one/get one type sale.

Devo
02-25-2009, 07:42 PM
lol

I bought neither. By the time they came out I had resolved to stop buying prequel toys altogether.

lol I'm reconsidering again. I bought the Padme evolutions set last week because I thought the figures looked really well done, I followed it up with an order from BBTS of a few backlog prequel figures and now I want to get the AT-TE and Homing spider droids to create the geonosis battle from AOTC. :rolleyes: It will never end.

JediTricks
03-01-2009, 03:37 AM
Have you seen retail pricing lately? It just may, what with $60 vehicles at a scale that was $30 less than 5 years ago, and basic figures and Titaniums over $8.

Old Fossil
03-01-2009, 12:26 PM
what with $60 vehicles at a scale that was $30 less than 5 years ago

For the mathematically impaired here (me), what does this mean?

Kidhuman
03-01-2009, 02:43 PM
IT means the price went up for nothing more than what we had been getting. Basially, its a freakin rip off

plasticfetish
03-01-2009, 04:28 PM
For the mathematically impaired here (me), what does this mean?A slight price increase is to be expected, but look at what you're getting now at that scale, and compare it to what you'd have bought five years ago. Does the price hike = increased value (a better product), or is it just that it's costing Hasbro more to make this stuff (for a lot of reasons), and so they're passing the increased production costs on to us.

That, and this is a hot toy line for them, with a dedicated and sometimes unquestioning following, so they're pretty sure that they can make up for other business losses by milking the fans of this line.

Though, with enough of you willing to pay $150 for a Millenium Falcon that wasn't three times as good as the old one, I'm not sure where we're drawing the line here. Maybe it all boils down to subject matter, and how an obscure PT vehicle is less desirable than an iconic OT vehicle. Or maybe it'll really means seeing this new thing in person.

I dunno. It looks like it's a lot more fun than the AT-TE to me. And for less money?

DarthBrandon
03-01-2009, 04:36 PM
I'll pick up at least one, I'd much rather have a Tantive IV (I would pay up to 3 bills for something decent) but oh well. I bought the BMF Falcon & never lost any sleep (10 times better than the vintage one) so this one will not cost me any sleep either I guess. At least we are getting some well done toys now. IMHO

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2009, 12:22 AM
I dunno. It looks like it's a lot more fun than the AT-TE to me. And for less money?
It's the same price - $100.

A slight price increase is to be expected, but look at what you're getting now at that scale, and compare it to what you'd have bought five years ago. Does the price hike = increased value (a better product), or is it just that it's costing Hasbro more to make this stuff (for a lot of reasons), and so they're passing the increased production costs on to us.
I'm not too worried about the basic figure prices. When they were $5, they had no pack-ins and were, on the whole, quite crappy (things like Ephant Mon notwithstanding). Pretty much all of the modern figures are VOTC quality or better and have the awesome droid factory pack-ins. I can also deal with things like a $2 increase on the starfighter-sized vehicles and the similar price increase on battle packs, even with the decrease in figures in the sets. Same thing with the comic packs - they used to be a phenomenal deal, but they're still pretty great and the figures in there are constantly getting better and are often all-new.

However, it's the $30 increase in the large vehicle line that's bugging me. They've released the ARC-170 for $30 twice and $50 once, and they're putting it out again with a different paintjob for $60, basically so they can keep the shelf space. I don't know if it will be worth it for the Y-wing, and I'm glad to have that, but then you realize that the Target exclusive OT Y-wing (using a retooled vintage mold, but still) was $20 with a figure eight years ago. It's kind of sad. I shudder to think when they'll re-release the Gunship for $60. Then again, we did buy them last year for $50, so I wonder if they're almost playing chicken with us at this point to see how much they can get away with.

plasticfetish
03-02-2009, 02:37 AM
It's the same price - $100.Oh... well, forget it then.

I'm not too worried about the basic figure prices. When they were $5, they had no pack-ins and were, on the whole, quite crappy (things like Ephant Mon notwithstanding). Pretty much all of the modern figures are VOTC quality or better and have the awesome droid factory pack-ins.You know, that's exactly what I was thinking when I opened the Jawa w/ WED last night. I felt that I was getting my moneys worth for once. I mean... I'm not sure if I was or not, but at least it felt that way. ;)

so I wonder if they're almost playing chicken with us at this point to see how much they can get away with.For the most part, yeah sure. How we respond to a price increase or a large vehicle priced at over $100, or just by talking about it here, has a lot to do with the prices that they suggest and that the retailers set.

Devo
03-02-2009, 08:46 PM
lol I'm reconsidering again. I bought the Padme evolutions set last week because I thought the figures looked really well done, I followed it up with an order from BBTS of a few backlog prequel figures and now I want to get the AT-TE and Homing spider droids to create the geonosis battle from AOTC. :rolleyes: It will never end.

lol Today I bought the AT-TE, 2 homing spider droids and the new Stass Allie! And my BBTS order of PT toys will probably be here tomorrow. I'm insane. I aint never gettin' marreeed!

Sinscia Fat'o
03-07-2009, 10:48 AM
EASY PASS!!! I passed on the At-Te and i will forget this is even out as well. Whats the point of this thing? Can we say AT-AT! Now thats something i could get behind.

JediTricks
03-07-2009, 09:20 PM
For the mathematically impaired here (me), what does this mean?ARC-170 and similarly-scaled vehicles are coming out again at mass retail this year, but at $60. When the ARC-170 first came out a few years ago, it was half the price. "Half" of $60 is $30. :p

Old Fossil
03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
ARC-170 and similarly-scaled vehicles are coming out again at mass retail this year, but at $60. When the ARC-170 first came out a few years ago, it was half the price. "Half" of $60 is $30. :p

Hey, well, I knew what you meant. I mean, I was just making sure you knew what you meant.

Not really. I suck at math.:(

JediTricks
03-10-2009, 05:31 PM
I always know what I mean. When I say "please do not make the Clone Turbo Tank", I mean it. :p

Banthaholic
03-14-2009, 03:52 PM
I for one am glad that they are making this. I'd rather have my galaxy of plastic expand with new, never before released vehicles than have Habro tune up prior releases.