PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Scene figures, Awesome!!!

pkalan70
02-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Hasbro, you do alot of things wrong.
No real playsets.
No stormtrooper packs.
No generic tatooine residents.
Still don't have all the droids from the jawa lineup.
But deleted scene figures from the sandstorm???
Wow. Wow. Wow.
I never never ever thought I would get those figures.
Kudos to the people who thought of that.
Even us complainers putting out "most wanted" lists never thought of that.
Great job.

Now can we have a decent playset?
Death Star?

bigbarada
02-19-2008, 10:04 PM
I agree, I think they're awesome and a great idea!

Of course now, people will say "If you can make figures from the deleted ROTJ sandstorm scene, then why not Camie and Fixer from the deleted ANH scene?"

The quick answer to that would be that Camie and Fixer don't exist outside of that scene. Luke, Han and Chewie are the main characters so there is an appeal even if the scene never appeared in the film.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-20-2008, 04:40 PM
As much as the ANH deleated scene figures would rock, and i would so buy them, i doubt we'll ever see them...(Though it wouldn't surprise me either if we did.) The Sandstorm figures at first i was like there's no way in %&$# i'm going to buy those %#@!ed things!!! But when i seen them i was kinda sold on them as i am the entire wave. (Which i've never said that about a ROTJ wave, so that's a good thing.

And i agree whole heartedly i want a Death Star Playset as well. But that will never happen...unless side show does it.

Kidhuman
02-21-2008, 07:40 AM
I am going to pass on these deleted scene figures.

Mister Roboto
02-21-2008, 10:24 AM
I fail to see the point of these. No one was asking for them.

jedi master sal
02-21-2008, 03:05 PM
I fail to see the point of these. No one was asking for them.

Yeah, that's my thought too.

I'd have much rather had Toryyn Farr or some much needed resculpt (Ponda Baba for example).

Sadly I'll get the deleted scene figures. They are supposed to come with a droid piece, so there is that added little bonus at least.

bigbarada
02-22-2008, 10:22 AM
I like that Hasbro still has the ability to surprise us with awesome new figures we weren't expecting.

This is easily the single coolest Star Wars wave that I've seen since 2004. Especially since it's an entire wave of ROTJ figures that were never made in the vintage days. For a fan of the vintage line, it almost feels like this could have been the 1986 POTF line, if that line hadn't died in 1985. With the exception of Ak Rev, of course; but if Kenner had told me in 1986 that there was a Weequay drummer tucked away in Jabba's Palace, I think I would have believed them.

CaptainSolo1138
02-22-2008, 10:33 AM
I won't buy them, but I think they're a great idea.

Mister Roboto
02-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Yeah, that's my thought too.

I'd have much rather had Toryyn Farr or some much needed resculpt (Ponda Baba for example).

Exactly.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
02-22-2008, 02:28 PM
If they scene was deleted why bother making the figures? Biggs is a peg warmer in these parts.

El Chuxter
02-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Not here. Around here, people call the stores nonstop to find out if they got more Biggs figures in. When a case comes in, word gets around quickly, and there are literally hundreds of screaming pre-teen girls waiting at the door when the place opens, and they rush to grab the few Biggs figures that are available. Often, several girls are trampled to death.

CaptainSolo1138
02-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Are you saying he's kind of a Biggs deal?

Jargo
02-22-2008, 08:58 PM
y'know they could do the deleted scene jawa from the little cave luke uses to make his new saber in before heading off to the palace. the production design for the jawa's stove exists and it would be a cool way to do another jawa and a different accessory. yet one that would work so well. aside from putting a jawa with a droid what other way is there to market one? and it is related to the sandstorm figures as the jawa cave is just in a little gulley near the falcon and X-wing landing site.

evenflow
02-22-2008, 10:18 PM
I think its a great idea and i hope they give us more deleted scene figures. I really want Camie and Fixer, as well as Heater. They should also finish the sand storm figures too.

General_Grievous
02-23-2008, 01:47 PM
I think I'd appreciate the figures more if I had actually seen the deleted sandstorm scene. Has that footage ever been available like the deleted Toschi Station stuff was?

Jargo
02-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I saved the still photos to my hard drive somewhere can't place them right now though.
from memory Luke needs goggles same as Han. Leia should be wrapped up like an Afghani woman peering through a gap in a shroud and also wearing goggles. Lando just wears his wrap like a cloak. and he too has goggles. I can't tell if Chewie has goggles or not. The goggles look very similar to the ones worn by Garindan in ANH.

El Chuxter
02-23-2008, 03:20 PM
The goggles look very similar to the ones worn by Garindan in ANH.

That's because they're the same goggles. Yoda fought Garindan and seven Mandalorean warriors on Mustafar shortly after the events of ANH. He gave them to Luke as a gift to celebrate his passing the equivalent of Jedi First Grade, but the real reason is they were too large for Yoda and he had no use for them.

Jargo
02-23-2008, 03:23 PM
i bet he still gave a pair to Yareal Poof as a birthday present though.

pkalan70
02-27-2008, 04:58 PM
If you go to you tube and type in "star wars sandstorm" someone on there did a great job of recreating pictures, quotes and about 5 seconds of actual footage. Well worth watching, its kinda where Han and Lando reconcile. Hope we get it released some way later. Figures of Windy, Fixer and Heater would be awesome. I can't believe anyone still wants redone figures of figures we already have, some twice over, when we are still missing figures in the first place.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Not here. Around here, people call the stores nonstop to find out if they got more Biggs figures in. When a case comes in, word gets around quickly, and there are literally hundreds of screaming pre-teen girls waiting at the door when the place opens, and they rush to grab the few Biggs figures that are available. Often, several girls are trampled to death.

I think I saw something about that on CNN. Have not seen that many screaming teenyboppers since New Kids back in the 90s

Are you saying he's kind of a Biggs deal?

Good one Cappy:thumbsup: Wish I'd thought of it.:yes:

Old Fossil
08-06-2008, 02:08 PM
So Hasbro, since we got Luke, Han, and Chewie from the Sandstorm, now how's about making Leia and Lando so collectors can complete the scene?:thumbsup:

Jargo
08-06-2008, 03:29 PM
hey - what about sandstorm R2 and 3PO? don't they get no lovin? just get the chinese worker monkeys to daub a dirty brown wash over the two droids and shove them in a blister and throw a photoshopped image on the cardback and bingo. you can milk that cash cow yet again.

better yet re-release the BMF falcon, Luke's X-wing and desert skiff in sandstorm dirt deco and milky milky miiiiiiilky!!!

jediguy
08-06-2008, 06:40 PM
I liked the Chewie from the deleted sandstorm scene, but I was disappointed with Luke, and Han especially
he looks like he hasn't eaten for months

I was hoping that Hasbro had listened to us complain about Hanorexic from the Bespin torture TAC we all bought and do something about it
it looks like they used the same body and just repainted it

bigbarada
08-07-2008, 06:21 PM
I was pretty excited for these figures, but they turned out to be pretty much garbage. So I could care less if we ever see the scene completed.

I was actually hoping that the Han Solo would at least make a decent Skiff Battle Han, but his shoulder joint are terrible and completely ruin the look of the figure.

Devo
08-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I was pretty excited for these figures, but they turned out to be pretty much garbage. So I could care less if we ever see the scene completed.

I was actually hoping that the Han Solo would at least make a decent Skiff Battle Han, but his shoulder joint are terrible and completely ruin the look of the figure.

Going on your initial posts in this thread I can see you were enthused about these figures. Shame 2 out of the 3 turned out crap.

Luke being pretty much the same jointzilla from TAC and Ms Anorexia Solo making yet another unwelcome return.

Blue2th
08-09-2008, 02:25 AM
Well Han is looking anorexic on his legs and arms, but what's up with his tummy? Is the wind blowing it up like a balloon, or did he suddenly eat to much after purging?
He's looking like a potato with toothpicks.

Old Fossil
08-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Well, against my better judgment (based on the poor reviews here) I bought the three Sandstorm figures this morning. After opening them up and fiddling with them a few minutes, I have to say I really like 'em! The three make for a cool mini-diorama.

The sculpt on Chewie is outstanding. I love the bandage/brace thingy. Kind of wish he had goggles, too, but that's all right. I had a difficult time finding one that didn't look like he had too much eye makeup on, but eventually found a good one.

Han is thin, though I wouldn't go so far as to say anorexic. His goggles fit very well, and the sculpt of his left hand allows him to grip his belt (a separate piece) while he talks with Luke. The face sculpt is about as close as any Han figure out there, I think, and better than most.

I had opened Luke first. I never got the TAC Luke Jedi, but if this body is based on that one it's fine with me. The face is worlds closer to Hamill's than others, though still not quite there. His goggles also fit snug. My only gripe is that the peg on his saber doesn't fit into the hole on his belt. At least, not in the minute or two that I tried.

Maybe I'm feeling unusually generous this morning, but I have to say I'm glad I got them. I really do wish they'd do Leia and Lando now, though I can't recall what those two were wearing during the scene.

cookiemonster
08-22-2008, 10:19 PM
The only things I want from these apart from the accessories, is the Droid Parts, the figures you can keep them have no use for a crippled wookiee and an Anorexic Han, the Luke may be a possibility but it wont be high on my list for custom fodder.

Jargo
08-24-2008, 09:54 PM
I just thought of THE most obscure character to ask Hasbro for from a deleted scene.

If you read the novelisation of SW ANH, you will find as Luke drives into Toschi station he races past an old woman who makes some cliched claim about pesky kids ruining the neighbourhood or suchlike. Well - that woman was filmed. I've seen a movie frame still showing her. waving her arms about shouting at Luke. We've had Biggs from the toschi station scenes, how about the old woman and fixer and camie and deak and windy? Ultimate battle box set. 'Attack of the crazy old woman with tourettes'.

she should smell like damp cats.

here she is.

Old Fossil
08-24-2008, 10:10 PM
"You young'uns better git off my lawn!!!":laugh:

El Chuxter
08-24-2008, 10:48 PM
We'll probably get a book about her next year and find out she's Jira's half-sister and Jocasta Nu's cousin. And she designed the drainage pipes on the Death Star using her secret Force abilities... when not working as a bounty hunter, of course. :)

Jargo
08-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Chux, you should sign up to SW.com and start entering some stuff into the fan written databank entries. your stuff is just as good nay, better than the drivel some characters have been getting.

you could write a book yourself.

I'd read it. wouldn't buy it but I'd read it.

cookiemonster
08-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Sorry but I am in the belief that most of the deleted scenes were deleted for a reason, this reason being they werent needed - hmmmm pretty much like the Deleted Scene Figures, they are not needed, and for me not wanted.

They wasted three slots (I would say four slots but people are liking the Vader - :rolleyes:Oh cool another one:rolleyes: - and no I dont own him or intend owning him, I already have 3 and dont need any more), instead of giving us more Jabba Palace Goons, or Ewoks, or Anything other than these.

I dont even like the Biggs Darklighter Torsche Station, I bought him and have him sitting in a box upstairs, I may eventually use him in a custom.

Jargo
08-25-2008, 06:33 PM
I quite like the idea of deleted scene characters. regardless of the reason they were cut, they were originally intended to be in the movie, (ok the tosche station scenes weren't but the fact remains that the scene itself is interesting in that it pursues the whole "I want to be a star pilot just like my father" angle), and personally I prefer movie related figures to EU stuff.

there's also the fact that for many years some scenes were simply myth. like the sandstorm scene. we knew it had been filmed yet no footage or pictures really existed in the public domain. it gave rise to curiosity just like the whole anakin/obi-wan battle that lead to anakin becoming vader and obi-wan hiding in the desert on tatooine. talked about for years keeping interest alive.

then there's the whole must have hero characters in waves for brand recognition thing. i'd rather see sandstorm han luke and chewie than another tatooine luke cantina han or walking carpet chewie. the figures themselves may not be stellar but at least they're a little different.

yu could also argue that the seven billion clonetrooper figures have taken the majority of slots more interesting figures could have gone in. but then we're now getting pilot evolution sets, the sarlacc and lars homestead entrance dome. plenty of cantina and jabba's palace figures, ultimate battle packs, that endor shield bunker set of figures, stuff like that. over all, it all balances out.

and i'm not having a pop at you cookiemonster, just offering a different perspective.

Old Fossil
08-25-2008, 09:45 PM
I quite like the idea of deleted scene characters. regardless of the reason they were cut, they were originally intended to be in the movie, (ok the tosche station scenes weren't but the fact remains that the scene itself is interesting in that it pursues the whole "I want to be a star pilot just like my father" angle), and personally I prefer movie related figures to EU stuff.

there's also the fact that for many years some scenes were simply myth. like the sandstorm scene. we knew it had been filmed yet no footage or pictures really existed in the public domain. it gave rise to curiosity just like the whole anakin/obi-wan battle that lead to anakin becoming vader and obi-wan hiding in the desert on tatooine. talked about for years keeping interest alive.

then there's the whole must have hero characters in waves for brand recognition thing. i'd rather see sandstorm han luke and chewie than another tatooine luke cantina han or walking carpet chewie. the figures themselves may not be stellar but at least they're a little different.

That's exactly how I feel about it. :yes:

Blue2th
08-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Not only do I want to see these deleted scenes restored and either put in as extra bonus material or integrated into an updated Star Wars DVD, but I welcome any new figures associated with the scenes.

Face it Hasbro is going to run out of cool characters.

I want the "Crazy old Toschi Station Lady" too. :thumbsup:
Is she going to be the new "Yarna" crusade figure? Beats the hell out of the Ice Cream Guy.

cookiemonster
08-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Jango I never thought you were and I can understand some people liking these figures, just to me there not needed and in my own collection not wanted, I know the old adage well dont buy them, but I would rather see bran new figures in there place, or even re-sculpts of figures that need them, I would have loved to have gotten a New Squid Head (Tessek), New Weequay and a New Yak Face (Saelt Marae), instead of the deleted scene characters, and I would have prefered a New Ree-Yees over yet another Darth Vader (yes I know people like this character), but this wave could have been focused to the OT collector seeing its the only one we are getting this year, unless the ANH wave arrives early - but I think thats going to arrive after the christmas.

Jargo
08-26-2008, 04:00 PM
well if I'd been in charge the whole clonetrooper tsunami thing wouldn't have happened. 7,000,000,000,000,000 clones later and now they're getting into stormtrooopers with multi-coloured go faster stripes. *sigh*

anything is better than that.

Blue2th
08-26-2008, 05:01 PM
well if I'd been in charge the whole clonetrooper tsunami thing wouldn't have happened. 7,000,000,000,000,000 clones later and now they're getting into stormtrooopers with multi-coloured go faster stripes. *sigh*

anything is better than that.

Ya know I didn't mind them doing a Shadow Stormtrooper, because he's in a comic, so is the recent one with Lando comic pack (though I don't plan to buy it because it's stupid looking) but this is just going too far with the racing stripe Stormtrooper. :mad:

bigbarada
08-26-2008, 06:45 PM
I would have prefered a New Ree-Yees over yet another Darth Vader (yes I know people like this character),

Hasbro's explained this many times. Since kids are still their primary market, they need to keep popular characters, like Darth Vader, in rotation. There are two ways to do that: continually release the exact same figure over and over again, OR cycle through different movie versions with minor changes/improvements each time.

It's a necessary evil and we've all come to terms with that.

I know we could argue over whether kids really are their primary market or not; but Hasbro has sales figures on their side and they don't make that information available to us, so all we have is speculation.

Bosskman
08-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Han hadn't eaten for months. He was frozen in carbonite.

BaneMalar
08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
yet he gained 20lbs by the tie ROTJ came out...he must have been retaining water, or that is a side-effect of being encased in carbonite...

bigbarada
08-28-2008, 01:44 AM
Or Harrison Ford wasn't going to starve himself for a Star Wars movie.:p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2008, 01:56 AM
Was he really fat, or bulky in ROTJ? I mean, Temple of Doom came out after ROTJ, and he was effin' ripped in that.

bigbarada
08-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Was he really fat, or bulky in ROTJ? I mean, Temple of Doom came out after ROTJ, and he was effin' ripped in that.

Well he's noticeably heavier exiting the Carbonite Block than he was going in, so I think that's what people are responding to.

It is possible to gain 20 pounds of water weight within a 24-hour period. So, unless TOD and ROTJ were filmed concurrently, then his physical appearance in one should have no bearing on the other.