PDA

View Full Version : Strange info from Wal-Mart

Kidhuman
02-19-2008, 11:09 PM
While in WM today, the toy lady told me she scanned the SW figs bar codes for re-order and it came up deleted in her system. That means that they will not e getting anymore of the TAC figs in. I thought it was strange, but then I thought that the only Wave 1 figs have been found at Target. IF it is true and WM deleted the UPC/SKU from there system, they wont be getting any new SW figs until July wen the CW comes out. Again, this is basic line only, not any other sub line/side line

Thunderbird
02-19-2008, 11:33 PM
I found my wave 1 figures at 3 different Wal Marts.

Old Fossil
02-19-2008, 11:58 PM
That would be fine with me. It'll take that long for all the Shocktroopers, Sandtroopers, and Roron Corrobs to clear out so that they'll be able to stock new shipments at my WM.

El Chuxter
02-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Wave 1 includes 2-1B, the Spider Droid, and the Kashyyyk Trooper Remake, right?

I saw all three of those only once, and at Wal-Mart. When I left, the 2-1B and Spider Droid left with me. I left the Kashyyyk Trooper to rot, or for some less discerning collector. (Or, hopefully, a kid who will play with it.)

Devil King
02-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Roron Corrobs

I just officially became too old for SW. I have no idea who this guy is.

Kidhuman
02-20-2008, 06:33 AM
He is the Ithorian(HAmmerhead) Jedi from clone wars

Jargo
02-20-2008, 07:37 AM
how creepy does that sound? "the toy lady". Kinda like the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang but more evil.

TeeEye7
02-20-2008, 09:11 AM
how creepy does that sound? "the toy lady". Kinda like the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang but more evil.

"I'll get YOU, my pretty!" (with apologies to Margaret Hamilton)
I had to throw in another classic...

mtriv73
02-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Hopefully this is just some weird Christiansburg anomaly. One of the WM's here in my town got in the new legends the other day (I got a bent legged pit droid pack.) They have also recently had the wave 1 figures (a friend picked up most of them for himself.)

dindae
02-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Given that there is a delay from store orders to stock, it is probably just that they don't want to take thousands of orders that will never get filled. I have seen Wave 1 at Wal-Mart and expect we will see wave 2 although with the history of last wave orders this will likely be short ordered.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-20-2008, 01:48 PM
We've gotten in two cases of 08 wave one at our wal-mart in princeton, though i have yet to see them in claypool hill, Christansburg, parisburg, or bluefield. It would be strange if Wal-Mart didn't support any of the early o8 stuff...kind of strange and disturbing news to hear.

jamesbondo07
02-20-2008, 10:38 PM
There are two SKU's for Wal-Mart. One is for the Legends/Saga2. The other is for the TAC. It could have been the legends/Saga2. My Wal-Mart was real smart and decided to clearance the TAC but not the Legends/Saga2. Doesn't make any sense to me to clearance last years figures but not two years ago.

Jaff
02-20-2008, 11:02 PM
While in WM today, the toy lady told me she scanned the SW figs bar codes for re-order and it came up deleted in her system. That means that they will not e getting anymore of the TAC figs in. I thought it was strange, but then I thought that the only Wave 1 figs have been found at Target. IF it is true and WM deleted the UPC/SKU from there system, they wont be getting any new SW figs until July wen the CW comes out. Again, this is basic line only, not any other sub line/side line

I wouldn't worry about this Kidhuman. Since January 2005 the Star Wars action figure line has been Deleted/NRPL (Non-replenishing). If you look on the barcodes on the peghook where the price of the item is, look for a very tiny date. This date states when the MOD was done for this item. You will see it was around a month ago. MOD's don't change for six months, which will be around August/September for SW figs (Christmas set). MOD changes for deleting items are extremely rare, but change for event movies like Spider Man, Transformers, Indiana Jones, or Clone Wars. SW won't be going anywhere, getting the shelves full with new SW figs will be the real problem.

Thunderbird
02-20-2008, 11:08 PM
I took some of the wave 1 UPC and scanned them this morning and they are still in the WM by me.

JediTricks
02-21-2008, 12:02 AM
It's a mistake, the asst number for TAC is carrying over to TLC, I believe, and they still have old TAC product to offload.

Kidhuman
02-21-2008, 07:28 AM

Yeah she is Mrs. Freakin Claus.

We've gotten in two cases of 08 wave one at our wal-mart in princeton, though i have yet to see them in claypool hill, Christansburg, parisburg, or bluefield. It would be strange if Wal-Mart didn't support any of the early o8 stuff...kind of strange and disturbing news to hear.

Priceton WM is the only WM I ave seen with any new stuff lately. They got the Exclusive Comic packs, JAbbas band packs, the GH Cantina and other stuff tat neither CB or Dublin or Radford WM's have gotten in.

I wouldn't worry about this Kidhuman. Since January 2005 the Star Wars action figure line has been Deleted/NRPL (Non-replenishing). If you look on the barcodes on the peghook where the price of the item is, look for a very tiny date. This date states when the MOD was done for this item. You will see it was around a month ago. MOD's don't change for six months, which will be around August/September for SW figs (Christmas set). MOD changes for deleting items are extremely rare, but change for event movies like Spider Man, Transformers, Indiana Jones, or Clone Wars. SW won't be going anywhere, getting the shelves full with new SW figs will be the real problem.

Thanks for that info. She mentioned they will probably do a reset on them, but they just finished one. This store does their inventory around the middle of March, so I expect alot of new stuff then. Last year around April they set up an end cap with about 20 cases from waves 1 and 2. I was able to score multiples of the McQ figs for some people here. Hopefully it happens agin.

It's a mistake, the asst number for TAC is carrying over to TLC, I believe, and they still have old TAC product to offload.

I figured it was a mistake, thats why I had"strange" in the headline. The one thing she said was there is probably a package change, which I know there is, but not until July.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah she is Mrs. Freakin Claus.

Priceton WM is the only WM I ave seen with any new stuff lately. They got the Exclusive Comic packs, JAbbas band packs, the GH Cantina and other stuff tat neither CB or Dublin or Radford WM's have gotten in.

Thanks for that info. She mentioned they will probably do a reset on them, but they just finished one. This store does their inventory around the middle of March, so I expect alot of new stuff then. Last year around April they set up an end cap with about 20 cases from waves 1 and 2. I was able to score multiples of the McQ figs for some people here. Hopefully it happens agin.

I figured it was a mistake, thats why I had"strange" in the headline. The one thing she said was there is probably a package change, which I know there is, but not until July.

We also got in the new Evolution three packs, which were really nice...at least so i hear. It's sad around here when you gotta get up before 4 AM get your star wars figures! We also got in the Saga Legends 08 (with offers for Captain Clone...Rex in them.) But here lately this last week princeton Wally-World has been dry.

Kidhuman
02-21-2008, 03:11 PM
I found the legends mail away figs at Target. I only bought two of them, but I wont be getting the Rex fig as it is animated.

I used to work until 10pm or later and would do my SW shopping then. I am lucky in the morning as I hit Target around 8:10 after my kid gets on the bus. There arent too many early bird collectors around CB and I know the ones that are, so it helps out.

Also, Scinsia, can you let me know if and when the GH cantina goes to clearance?

Kidhuman
02-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Well this is a joke because I found all of Wave 1 and Wave 2 today in the same WM.

DarkArtist
02-29-2008, 05:46 PM
I found all of Wave 1 this morning at Walmart in Old Bridge. when I went back around 4 this evening they had some of Wave 1 and the new CW sticker version of the Legends with the new Pit Droids and locker. I hope this is a mistake since I really really want the TFU figures.

Kidhuman
02-29-2008, 07:46 PM
It is, the same WM that told me it was deleted had all of wave 1 and 2 yesterday

JediTricks
03-02-2008, 01:22 AM
The WM I hit last night had over half of wave 1 on pegs, and several more cases of wave 1 on pallets waiting to hit the floor once the 2 dozen Moff Jerjerrods sell off the pegs.