PDA

View Full Version : Prison Break question for those who watch

El Chuxter
02-21-2008, 09:45 AM
I didn't want to put this in the main thread, since I don't watch it, but I have a question.

From the ads, it looks like they get recaptured at the end of every season, and then have to escape from a new prison (often designed by one of the escapees). Is this an accurate assessment? If so, why don't they put some of these dudes in solitary or something, so they stop breaking out every five months?

I'm not complaining. I just don't get how the premise works more than once.

Rocketboy
02-21-2008, 12:34 PM
No clue, but that sounds as dumb as one man trying to stop a terrorist in 24 hours again and again and again...

Lord Malakite
02-21-2008, 03:35 PM
From the ads, it looks like they get recaptured at the end of every season, and then have to escape from a new prison (often designed by one of the escapees). Is this an accurate assessment? If so, why don't they put some of these dudes in solitary or something, so they stop breaking out every five months?

Season 1's story revolved around Lincoln Burrows, a man who was sentenced to death for a crime he did not commit, and his brother Michael Scofield, who gets himself arrested as part of an elaborate plan to help Lincoln escape prison before he was executed.

Season 2's story focuses on the brothers (and other fugitives that escaped the prison as result of Scofield's plan) as they journey to locations across America with the authorities close behind them as they each pursue their individual goals. A secondary plot involving a "political conspiracy" for Lincoln's original arrest develops as "The Company" continues their plan to locate and eliminate Lincoln and others who get in their way to cover up their involvement. In the season finale Michael attempts to stop "The Company", a corrupt federal agent named Alexander Mahone, a corrupt prison guard (from season 1) named Brad Bellick, and a dangerous criminal named T-Bag (who escaped with Scofield in Season 1) and as a result he, Mahone, Bellick, and T-Bag all end up being sent to prison in Panama. Meanwhile, Lincoln is exonerated of all his crimes due to new evidence about the conspiracy being brought to light.

Season 3's story revolves around Scofield attempting to break out of this new prison with Lincoln's help under coercion while facing the many dangerous fugitives that now run it like a gang territory (a result of a prison riot several years back), including Mahone, T-Bag, and Bellick. Scofield is being coerced by "The Company" into helping the convict James Whistler in escaping in exchange for the release of Sara (his girlfriend) and LJ (his nephew) who are being held hostage. The season end's with Scofield, Mahone, and Whistler escaping (with the help of friend Sucre (another escapee from Season 1) and Lincoln). In the process Sucre is captured and thrown into prison. LJ is eventually rescued (though Sara is killed).

Season 4 won't start till next year, but it appears that it will be a split story.
The primary story will likely revolve around Scofield and Lincoln as they attempt to get revenge for Sara's death by taking down Whistler, Mahone, and "The Company" with the authorities close behind them. The secondary story will most likely revolve around Sucre in the Panama prison with T-Bag and Bellick.

OC47150
02-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Had an unplanned snow/ice day from work so I watched the PB finale.

Nice to see the boys finally out of prison and reunited.

T-Bag's speech right before he handed out the money to the inmates reminded me a little of Marc Antony's speech after Julius Caesar's death.

I can see the split storyline, as Lord Malakite predicts. Michael wants his pound of flesh, and we can't just leave T-Bag (well, we can), Bellick, and Sucre in prison, can we?