PDA

View Full Version : Jeez Rebelscum moderates or bans you if you make mistakes

urrutiap
02-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Is it just me or that the moderators at rebelscum have a habit of banning your account even if you make one little minor mistake or argue a little bit in their forum threads?

Slicker
02-24-2008, 10:29 AM
That's because RS thinks they're a bunch of elitists but they're all just pr***s and if you don't go with the crowd you're considered different and they immediately don't like you.

Also, if you have anything under 1,000 posts your word is immediately useless and they won't pay any attention to you.

They're all pices of carp which is why you should just chill here.

urrutiap
02-24-2008, 10:58 AM
Well I still go to rebelscum for their updated photos for the new figures but jeez there's certain members there that just insult you and the moderators dont do anything about it while they moderate you and ban you for doing nothing wrong. Recently I made a post about the new upcoming Sandstorm Luke figure and man they're really ripping on it saying that its not the Death Star II Luke they've been wanting. Well if they would be patient for more pics they wouldn't be so quick to judge a figure by just one photo. Me I'll buy the sandstorm luke figure since it doesnt have the cloth vest that looks more like a bath towel. THe figure has a gloved hand which is fine with me. I'll be making this figure into the Ultimate Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker. Here's how it would go...

Main figure: Sandstorm scene Luke figure/30th anniversary Jedi Knight rancor pit battle Luke
accessories
Saga 2 Garindan's cloth cape cloak
bone
jabba's palace blaster
Endor poncho and helmet
force lightning attachment from the Mace Windu figure so you can have some electrified luke

I know that getting a decent Death Star II final duel Luke is hard to get from Hasbro, but I think the upcoming Sandstorm luke looks pretty good if you ask me. Does it look like a rerelease of the 30th anniversary jedi knight Luke? May be but at least the new figure will have a gloved hand and the belt he wears on the death star

jedi master sal
02-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Even I'm not that bad and I'm prolly the most "strict" of mods here. I tend to let things go for a bit but step in when things get a little off base. I don't ban though, just move threads to the more appropriate place or edit threads for language.

Oh and while people may disagree with you here, for the most part it's done civilly. If someone flame's you, just contact a mod. We're pretty good about settling things down.

urrutiap
02-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Try telling that to the moderators at rebelscum. They wont do anything about the other members that egg it on but they'll ban you anyway. Rebelscum is a nice site with their butt kissery connections with new pics updated and stuff but here its normal.

figrin bran
02-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Also, if you have anything under 1,000 posts your word is immediately useless and they won't pay any attention to you.

That's not true at all. I have a little under 2,000 posts there and my word is still "immediately useless" :p

urutiap, I went to look at the Sandstorm Luke thread and I just don't see anything in that thread that could be construed as an "insult". If you feel that they're ripping on the figure, so what? A lot of people on this board have been ripping on the animated Clone Wars figures. I'm looking forward to them while a great many on this board are not and it doesn't bother me in the least.

urrutiap
02-24-2008, 11:35 AM
well I'm not going to get all worked up over the rebelscummers getting away with banning. Ill still go to the site just to look at the updated photos and stuff. . Anywayz just introducing myself here and that I started getting back into star wars collection since October.

jedi master sal
02-24-2008, 01:57 PM
well I'm not going to get all worked up over the rebelscummers getting away with banning. Ill still go to the site just to look at the updated photos and stuff. . Anywayz just introducing myself here and that I started getting back into star wars collection since October.

Well then, WELCOME!!!

Stick around for awhile and hopefully you'll find a new home here to discuss all things SW (and other wild and crazy topics).

-Sal

jedi master sal
02-24-2008, 02:00 PM
... A lot of people on this board have been ripping on the animated Clone Wars figures. I'm looking forward to them while a great many on this board are not and it doesn't bother me in the least.

Yep, and we don't like you any less....well maybe a little, ha ha. J/K.

Actually, I don't mind at all if some people like the figures. It means the line moves along and more figures will be ordered. In the meantime it will free up peg space for the realistic figures. (We all know that the stock people will put out the figures they have instead of the figures they should according to plan-o-gram.) So the more who buy animated should give us realistic people a better chance of finding the ones we want.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Rebelscum is a nice site with their butt kissery connections with new pics updated and stuff but here its normal.

When did it get normal in here?

CaptainSolo1138
02-24-2008, 02:16 PM
I like to poke my nose into the RS forums on occasion just to giggle. This place gets weird sometimes, but that place is borderline pathetic.

2-1B
02-24-2008, 02:57 PM
what QLD and Caps said about arguing on the internet and the Special Olympics.

TeeEye7
02-24-2008, 02:58 PM
This place gets weird sometimes....

Awww! You noticed! :love:

LTBasker
02-24-2008, 03:07 PM
When did it get normal in here?

Nono, that other sort of normal that leaves the ability to be continuously insane but still pleasant. Like, holding hands on the way to arts & crafts in a maximum security asylum.

El Chuxter
02-24-2008, 03:10 PM
I heard that they don't cotton to slapping babies over there.

figrin bran
02-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Yep, and we don't like you any less....well maybe a little, ha ha. J/K.

Actually, I don't mind at all if some people like the figures. It means the line moves along and more figures will be ordered. In the meantime it will free up peg space for the realistic figures. (We all know that the stock people will put out the figures they have instead of the figures they should according to plan-o-gram.) So the more who buy animated should give us realistic people a better chance of finding the ones we want.

Haha, Sal. Just know that I'm army building those animated clones because somebody has to! :p

Phantom-like Menace
02-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Unless it's especially changed in the last couple of years, I've never noticed the mods there to be especially strict. If anything they should crack down on some of the behavior there. I've had some exchanges there where my sarcasm and contempt could practically reach through the Internet and throttle the idiots on the other side of the connection, and I've never even exchanged words with a mod there.

Here, the mods are pretty good about keeping things from going completely awry. I've only seen a couple of times where inexcusable, direct comments have been ignored by the mods, but we have some pretty good members here too, so if you have to set one or two general members to ignore, it's not a general problem. I only have one person set to ignore because he can't prevent himself from making things personal.

Kidhuman
02-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Shoot, I have been banned from RS twice at that. Welcome to our boards, make yourself at home, just dont take Sals donuts.

JKE - this place was normal until your 500 + poasting arse showed up.

El Chuxter
02-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Good God, I just noticed that! Dude, do you ever sleep?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Shoot, I have been banned from RS twice at that. Welcome to our boards, make yourself at home, just dont take Sals donuts.

JKE - this place was normal until your 500 + poasting arse showed up.

Oh, so you're saying it's me then eh, KH? :p

Good God, I just noticed that! Dude, do you ever sleep?

Yeah, I sleep. Just look at mt post times on weekdays you'll see I'm usually not here from about 11pm until 3pm the next day. I do have a life in the RW.

P.S. You spelled poasting wrong KH. lol

Edit:I can hang back and not post for a while if you want.

Kidhuman
02-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Its all good, was just kidding. And thats the Canadian spelling of posting. It sounds like roast, so they spell it the same.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-24-2008, 06:36 PM
I figured you were kidding, and I didn't know that's how they spelled posting. Learn something new everyday.

El Chuxter
02-24-2008, 06:42 PM
I thought it was "poustiung" (pronounced "poo-stoong"), eh?

decadentdave
02-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Even I'm not that bad and I'm prolly the most "strict" of mods here. I tend to let things go for a bit but step in when things get a little off base. I don't ban though, just move threads to the more appropriate place or edit threads for language.

What are you talking about. You banned me for a day over that stupid thread about Infecting the OT. Some people still act like a kid around here. :p

Jedi Drew
02-24-2008, 09:27 PM
I still post at RS- never had a problem of being "Banned." I just post my finds and go on my way. I have met 2 other collectors thru RS from the Cleveland area in person and they are great guys. Sometimes I just like to sit back and read some of the "Flame Wars" that these people have going on- it humors me. :rolleyes: Anyways, no sign of 08 wave one or two around Cleveland....

stillakid
02-24-2008, 10:16 PM
...and since they can't complain here, they run off like little kids to cry about it on other websites. :cry:

Kidhuman
02-24-2008, 10:39 PM
What are you talking about. You banned me for a day over that stupid thread about Infecting the OT. Some people still act like a kid around here. :p

We dont ban anyone, people get themselves in trouble by not following rules. As far as acting like kids, we collect toys. We play with them, set them up, knock them down, decorate our abodes with them. So, to a degree we all act like kids, including me, Sal, and even you Dave.

decadentdave
02-24-2008, 10:48 PM
We dont ban anyone, people get themselves in trouble by not following rules. As far as acting like kids, we collect toys. We play with them, set them up, knock them down, decorate our abodes with them. So, to a degree we all act like kids, including me, Sal, and even you Dave.

I was referring to Stilla. :p

JetsAndHeels
02-24-2008, 10:49 PM
As far as acting like kids, we collect toys. We play with them, set them up, knock them down, decorate our abodes with them. So, to a degree we all act like kids, including me, Sal, and even you Dave.

Speak for yourself. I am a mature citizen.

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to lie down on the couch and cover up in my Superman blanket.

Rocketboy
02-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Speak for yourself. I am a mature citizen.

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to lie down on the couch and cover up in my Superman blanket.Don't lie - we all know you're going to tie it around your neck and "fly" around the house.
:D

JetsAndHeels
02-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Don't lie - we all know you're going to tie it around your neck and "fly" around the house.

Guilty as charged. :)

Jedi_Kal-El
02-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Don't lie - we all know you're going to tie it around your neck and "fly" around the house.

No, that would be me. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
02-24-2008, 11:13 PM
...and since they can't complain here, they run off like little kids to cry about it on other websites. :cry:Yeah, what a bunch of losers.

jedi master sal
02-25-2008, 01:16 PM

Ok, so maybe I might have requested a ban, I can't enforce it. And if this is the case (I can't remember it, and we don't need to rehash it if it is the case), it would be the only one in the 6 years I've been a mod here.

Besides, if it was a one day ban, well, that's more a statement. There are not many people who have posted here that were permanently banned. It's a pretty short list.

stillakid
02-25-2008, 01:38 PM
I was referring to Stilla. :p

yeah, no sh**. Only my posts are derived from a mature and intelligent critique of the Star Wars enterprise. The name "stillakid" is in reference to an "older" person's nostalgic affection for a childhood influence. However it is definitely more suited to a few people here who choose to behave like immature juveniles. There's a distinct difference.

stillakid
02-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah, what a bunch of losers.

I agree. Perhaps one day they too will grow up to be responsible and mature adults.

jedi master sal
02-25-2008, 04:49 PM
yeah, no sh**. Only my posts are derived from a mature and intelligent critique of the Star Wars enterprise. The name "stillakid" is in reference to an "older" person's nostalgic affection for a childhood influence. However it is definitely more suited to a few people here who choose to behave like immature juveniles. There's a distinct difference.

Ok fellas, ease up. We don't need this thread to turn into another one of those threads between you two.

Dave, even in "jest," considering he history, you would do better to not mention stilla.

Stilla, you've said your peace in the previous post. Please don't take it any further.

Blue2th
02-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Even though I'm registered there a couple of years ago, I don't go over there because the forums are too hard to read in that super-small text.

There's something to be said about the excellent way the SSG forums are laid out, easy to read, post, not to mention not as crowded, with mostly cool people, and mods.

Not only that but forumites can have "adult" conversations regarding politics and religion in the Rancor Pit.

decadentdave
02-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Rebelscum=The Star Wars C***** J***. You will love and support all things related to Star Wars. You will pay your weekly tributary tax to LFL. Don't like it or don't agree and you are banned.

SirSteve's=The Anti-Rebelscum. You will hate all things related to the Star Wars Prequels. Jedi Tricks will debate every post you make and you will be eviscerated by the grumpy old Star Wars regulars.

Kidhuman
02-25-2008, 07:01 PM
SirSteve's=The Anti-Rebelscum. You will hate all things related to the Star Wars Prequels. Jedi Tricks will debate every post you make and you will be eviscerated by the grumpy old Star Wars regulars.

Ok, there are plenty here who like prequel related things. I dont know what you are talking about there.

This is a message board/discussion forum. People will debate and actually have fun doing it. If you dont like the way this place is run you dont have to post here.

decadentdave
02-25-2008, 07:04 PM
I just call it like it is, pal.

stillakid
02-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Stilla, you've said your peace

PEACE! :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
02-25-2008, 07:57 PM
PEACE! :thumbsup:

Fair enough.

JediTricks
02-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Rebelscum=The Star Wars C***** J***. You will love and support all things related to Star Wars. You will pay your weekly tributary tax to LFL. Don't like it or don't agree and you are banned.

SirSteve's=The Anti-Rebelscum. You will hate all things related to the Star Wars Prequels. Jedi Tricks will debate every post you make and you will be eviscerated by the grumpy old Star Wars regulars.It's "JediTricks", one word.

Phantom-like Menace
02-25-2008, 08:33 PM
I just caught plasticfetish's edit on the "punk band" expression and got a pretty good laugh out of that.

I can just imagine the kiddies: "Mom, what's a "punk band?":shocked:

CaptainSolo1138
02-25-2008, 09:38 PM
It's "JediTricks", one word.
That's freakin' hilarious.

oyes

decadentdave
02-25-2008, 09:42 PM
It's "JediTricks", one word.

Is that what they call Twi'lek prostitutes? :p

Kidhuman
02-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Is that what they call Twi'lek prostitutes? :p

I call them Slickers Mom

JediTricks
02-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Is that what they call Twi'lek prostitutes? :pWiff! Swing and a miss.

Jargo
02-25-2008, 10:29 PM
I can smell fish.

figrin bran
02-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Even though I'm registered there a couple of years ago, I don't go over there because the forums are too hard to read in that super-small text.

There's something to be said about the excellent way the SSG forums are laid out, easy to read, post, not to mention not as crowded, with mostly cool people, and mods.

Not only that but forumites can have "adult" conversations regarding politics and religion in the Rancor Pit.

You do realize that you can always change the size of the text for any site? Click "view" on your web browser, then click on "text size".

Kidhuman
02-25-2008, 10:49 PM
But why go through the trouble just to read those forums. Then you have to change it when looking at everything else.

JetsAndHeels
02-25-2008, 10:49 PM
This is a message board/discussion forum. People will debate and actually have fun doing it. If you dont like the way this place is run you dont have to post here.

Oh yeah?

Well the jerk store called, they're runnin out of you!!

Kidhuman
02-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Damn it, it was the Kung Pow

figrin bran
02-25-2008, 11:09 PM
But why go through the trouble just to read those forums. Then you have to change it when looking at everything else.

Well, if you have multiple tabs when you browse, all you need to do is delete that tab when you're done.

I'll let you in on a secret, KH - a lot of the HTS codes that I post here, I find out about from RS.

JetsAndHeels
02-25-2008, 11:22 PM
I'll let you in on a secret, KH - a lot of the HTS codes that I post here, I find out about from RS.

Its an older code, but it checks out.

Slicker
02-26-2008, 02:29 AM
I got banned from RS for coming to the defence of a little kid that was getting made fun of.

The kid even knew how did Boba Fett really died? too.

urrutiap
02-26-2008, 02:35 AM
It's like no matter how hard you try to make a neutral argument in a thread at rebelscum you still get moderated and banned or locked. Its annoying and then you get ticked off royally. The topic thread for the Bane Malar figure at rebelscum is getting out of hand. Sometimes I just want to hunt down those people like in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back movie

figrin bran
02-26-2008, 03:16 AM
I just wasted time reading the Bane Malar thread over at RS and frankly, I don't see anything to get that upset about. But if you do feel that way, urrutiap, why keep on reading those forums?

plasticfetish
02-26-2008, 03:28 AM
The kid even knew how did Boba Fett really died? too.Due to the unfortunate grammar mistakes in your post, I'll now be forced to moderate or ban you.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-26-2008, 04:44 AM
I can smell fish.

Oh sorry, that's me :nerv:

On a more topic related note, I go to rebelscum to look at Curto's pics, get some news, read the forums and post here and there, I just do all that here first. What I notice about SSG in comparison to rebelscum though, is there are more close friendships between people. I've met lots of people from here in real life and some I consider as close to me as family! Others I have not met in person, I still consider family as well. There are some great people here and great friendships to be had. I see only a few people on rebelscum like that within their postings. And I'm not trying to put that place down because I really do enjoy it and I love the customizing section, lots to be learned there, some very talented people, however I prefer the close knit community here way more!! :thumbsup:

Welcome too btw :)

mabudonicus
02-26-2008, 06:20 AM
WHEYE AR YOU BEGIND MEME PF?!?!?!

Getting banned from that place was MEGA fun, even if I know reallyeb lthe way how bobba fett could died
:beard: Iso&Baws
That period of time was funny as heck

Slicker
02-26-2008, 11:12 AM
WHEYE AR YOU BEGIND MEME PF?!?!?!

Getting banned from that place was MEGA fun, even if I know reallyeb lthe way how bobba fett could died
That period of time was funny as heckI still have those posts saved on my lappy too...:thumbsup:

Definitely some great times.

urrutiap
02-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Rebelscum is really talking smack about the sir steves guide website. They mentioned something like this.

They're still around? They were from the 99/2000 days.

It's like they're saying rebelscum is better than the sirsteves website. Frankly they need to realize that any website has their strengths and weaknesses. So what if sirstevesguide.com is a little slow when it comes to new photos for the figures but at least here members dont get banned for starting a fight or whatever

Jedi_Kal-El
02-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Rebelscum is really talking smack about the sir steves guide website.

Yada, Yada, Yada. That's because they have nothing better to talk about.

figrin bran
02-26-2008, 10:06 PM
A lot of other sites talk smack about us but so what?

Truth be told, during Toy Fair, RS was having a lot of difficulties and couldn't be accessed while good old SSG had ToyFair pics to peruse.

edit: Alright Urutiap, if I were a mod here, I'd lock this thread. It seems like you're being a troll over at RS, at the very least starting that "Getting fed up with RS and its members", and then coming over here to cry and elicit sympathy. I've suggested in this thread already that if the figure discussion over at that board bothers you so much then stay away from there. Yet you keep on posting there and then coming back here with your version of the events. What did you really expect to happen when you start topics like that? It's almost like you want to be banned from there.

Blue2th
02-26-2008, 10:45 PM
A lot of other sites talk smack about us but so what?

Truth be told, during Toy Fair, RS was having a lot of difficulties and couldn't be accessed while good old SSG had ToyFair pics to peruse.
Yeah, this is where I watched photos of Toy Fair. With the earliest and best pics! :yes:

plasticfetish
02-27-2008, 02:37 AM
but at least here members dont get banned for starting a fight or whateverMmmm, you're probably wrong about that. We'll ban you for starting a fight, ending a fight or maybe even just the "whatever" part if you deserve it. ;) (Not that you came here to start fights or anything.)

A lot of other sites talk smack about us but so what?True. Lately the forums over at marthastewart.com have really been bashing us. But, you know... turn the other cheek.

TeeEye7
02-27-2008, 09:07 AM
What do those felon-lovers know anyway? :p

CaptainSolo1138
02-27-2008, 10:26 AM
I call for a Battle Royale between us and RS, mostly because I've always wanted an excuse to give Wise a Hogan-esque flying leg drop.

(mabs would TOTALLY want a velvet painting of that, too.)

jedi master sal
02-27-2008, 12:48 PM
I call for a Battle Royale between us and RS, mostly because I've always wanted an excuse to give Wise a Hogan-esque flying leg drop.

Let's not a say we did.

No need for a nerd/geek war between two collecting sites. Neither side would come out the victor.

CaptainSolo1138
02-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Let's not a say we did.

No need for a nerd/geek war between two collecting sites. Neither side would come out the victor.Well, you're no fun.:mad::p

Besides, you ain't foolin' me. You're just still in a state of euphoria from the Hossa acquisition. Maybe I'll bring this idea for a Royal Rumble up again in the off-season when the Pirates are ticking you off on a daily basis. :D

mabudonicus
02-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Damn straight- hopefully it'd be that one kid who went off on Nerbler vs. JJL in the painting- and damn you for reminding me that I haven't even STARTED the Hulk Hogan "Face of broken-backed Agony" black-velvet painting :D

And as for bothering other forums, that's just wrong, unless the huge corporation that is messing with your personal stuff owns them ;)
I AM gonna make such a painting, Hogan's Agony desetrves the blacklight painting treatment

jedi master sal
02-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Well, you're no fun.:mad::p

Besides, you ain't foolin' me. You're just still in a state of euphoria from the Hossa acquisition. Maybe I'll bring this idea for a Royal Rumble up again in the off-season when the Pirates are ticking you off on a daily basis. :D

Oh hell no. I think the Penguins got royally screwed picking up Hossa. I mean an up and coming excellent player like Colby Armstrong for an old player who is a free agent at the end of the year, plus is unproven in the playoffs....

No sir, I'm not a Hossa fan.

Only time will tell how good or bad the trade was for both teams, but I'm not looking at this with rose colored glasses.

Gawd, I've become so accustomed to the Pirates being bad that it doesn't even phase me anymore. so you can't threaten me there. :p lol

Jedi_Kal-El
02-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Let's not a say we did.

No need for a nerd/geek war between two collecting sites. Neither side would come out the victor.

But Sal...

...I was so looking forward to putting"Involved in a major nerd/geek war between two collecting sites" on my resume. That bites dude :sad:

El Chuxter
02-27-2008, 05:58 PM
If we have the war, it has to be in public, and in the nude. And judged by hot women.

Why?

Because we'll win, dude!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-27-2008, 06:01 PM
I'll second that motion. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Damn straight- hopefully it'd be that one kid who went off on Nerbler vs. JJL in the painting
Yes, I could take him, easily.

Kidhuman
02-27-2008, 06:22 PM
We all know Sal is an ex WWE superstar. He can take them all.

CaptainSolo1138
02-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Oh hell no. I think the Penguins got royally screwed picking up Hossa. I mean an up and coming excellent player like Colby Armstrong for an old player who is a free agent at the end of the year, plus is unproven in the playoffs....I'm with you on the Hossa thing. While it'll be nice to be the team with the best top 2 lines for the remainder of the season, I have a hunch Hossa's going to be just another rental a la Todd Bertuzzi's stint with the Wings. And if he does decide to stay, they're gonna need to head over to Carnegie-Mellon and find the brainiest math major to figure out how in the hell they're gonna pay everyone.

2-1B
02-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Let's set aside the wrestling and baseball talk and stay on topic, please. :thumbsup:

Val Da Car
02-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Sal,

Do you think the RS ppl were mad when I quoted you on their forums about your correct dimensions of the AT TE from the picture in CNN footage from just before Toyfair?

VDC

jedi master sal
02-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Sal,

Do you think the RS ppl were mad when I quoted you on their forums about your correct dimensions of the AT TE from the picture in CNN footage from just before Toyfair?

VDC

Don't know and don't really give a rats arse if they were. It would be ludicrous for them to think they could be the only fans to come up with dimensions for the toy. RS is NOT the only game in town.

Besides SSG, there is JD, YN, JTA, and GH just to name a few.

I learned years ago to not let myself be wrapped up in one site. SSG is my home of course, but I venture out to see other people's opinions and often enter in on conversations. Heck I've only been on JD for 9 months and have become a fairly prolific poster there. For me it's a way of branching out in the fandom and getting a broader scope of collecting, instead of being more narrow of mind. This is not meant as an insult to those who do only visit here. It's just my opinion and what works for me.