PDA

View Full Version : Don't you miss the mailing in proofs of purchase to get a brand new figure in mail?

urrutiap
02-25-2008, 12:14 AM
The only mail in figure that I got when I was a kid was the Anakin Skywalker figure from the original Kenner Star Wars line. Nowadays we dont have anything like that anymore I think. If we do then what's there besides that one where you get the coins of the Vintage style figures?

decadentdave
02-25-2008, 12:36 AM
I just mailed away for my G.I. Joe Doc figure. I'm looking forward to him but I will be skipping the Commander Rex. I have no interest in that one.

figrin bran
02-25-2008, 12:51 AM
What about the VTSC George Lucas stormtrooper from 2 years ago? And back in '99, we had the Preview Mace Windu.

JediTricks
02-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Captain Rex is a UPC mail-in, plus $6.99 though.

El Chuxter
02-25-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm with decadentdave: ordering Doc, passing on Rex. I would've passed on Doc, but the new comics they're including instead of all reprints makes that offer more appealing.

Jargo
02-25-2008, 09:30 AM
only thing i ever mailed away for was the vintage ESB Hoth accessory pack. any other mail in things i've bought on the secondary market to save on the hassle.
I don't like the idea of mail-ins. never have. I feel all product should be made available to all people or not at all. regardless of global location. there again, if it's a pile of crud like Jorg Sacul or something totally dumb like a clear plastic 'inviso trooper' clowntrooper variant I wouldn't want it anyway.

darthvyn
02-25-2008, 10:17 AM
i did the stormie han, the holo ben inaction figure*, and the mace windu figure... i always though mail-aways were a bit of fun, but i'm not a rabid collector, so i can see where it would get annoying if you wanted "one of each" and it was just too much.

*favorite toyfare mag gag was a pic of holo ben with a word balloon saying "i'm fully articulated... from a certain point of view..."

stillakid
02-25-2008, 12:44 PM
clowntrooper

Hmmm.....

I'm not one to do customizations myself, but you may have a good idea there. Even the children of imperialistic power-hungry marauders need entertainment too. :yes:

Jargo
02-25-2008, 12:48 PM
they'd be a damn sight more threatening looking as clowntroopers. "Sgt. Boffo and Lt. Coco are here to terminate your jedi padawan friend dear. Don't forget it's Gorg fritters night. And tidy your room."

jedi master sal
02-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Is everyone forgetting the vintage Ackbar Mail-away??

Oh, I guess we're talking about modern stuff.

I'm okay with mail-aways. My problem is that I procrastinate and have almost missed things because of it.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I was a mailing fool. What SW stuff have I mailed away for?

Vintage:
- Boba Fett (2)
- Bossk (2)
- Survival Kit (blasters, backpacks, gasmasks, grappling hook)
- 4-LOM (who's now "called" Zuckuss)
- Nien Nunb
- Admiral Ackbar
- The Emperor
- Anakin Skywalker

1995+:
- Stormtrooper Han (2)
- VHS of Making of SW
- Spirit of Obi-Wan (2)
- B'Omarr Monk (2)
- Mace Windu
- Muftak & Kabe
- Oola & S. Crumb (2)
- George as Trooper (2)
- Vintage style coin set

That's all I can recall at this time. And, do I miss doing this? You betcha. :(

urrutiap
02-26-2008, 12:03 AM
Eww. cant belive you just mentioned that old VHS Making of New Hope which was gotten from some cereal boxes. The same VHS where its box cover had a Darth Vader cover on it?

Bel-Cam Jos
02-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Eww. cant belive you just mentioned that old VHS Making of New Hope which was gotten from some cereal boxes. The same VHS where its box cover had a Darth Vader cover on it?Hey, the 2nd Edition of Sansweet's Tomart's Guide to Worldwide SW Collectibles lists it for $25. Not bad for a few bowls of Corn Pops down the ol' pie hole. ;)