PDA

View Full Version : Halo by McFarlane

Sinscia Fat'o
02-25-2008, 06:32 PM
I seen the New Halo figures today, and at first i was like wow...Blah...don't beed them... I took a look at them and i couldn't believe my eyes..and still don't, so i figured i would ask someone on here if they could tell me: Are these figures SA...They looked like they had articulation...I didn't think MCfarlane believed in articulation, i bought the Kortana, though she doesn't have articulation (Which she should not.) So are these figures actually toys?

Kidhuman
02-25-2008, 07:05 PM
I saw them today as well. I am not going to get them, but they did look nice. Sal should love them

Engineernerd
02-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Sad really, in the early days McF was a leader in articulation and sculpt. Now, articulate only if doesn't interfer with the sculpt. But I had heard the Halo figs were going to have some more articulation.

JetsAndHeels
02-25-2008, 10:44 PM
I preordered the Master Chief online....it said these would not be out until sometime in March. Hopefully they have not charged my card yet...I wasn't counting on that until after the 1st of the month lol

TheRealDubya
02-25-2008, 11:28 PM
My card got dinged for mine today.

Master Chief has 18 POA. I would buy more McF product if they bothered to put articulation on their products. I'll bet more kids would too.

matthewilw
02-26-2008, 01:54 AM
With that lack of enw Star Wars titaniums and Transformers this is really the only line I have been really loking forward to. Where did everyone see them at? I'm planning on picking up the Chief and at least one of every armor permutation in steel to create my multiplayer character. The spartan's shoulders, chest, and head are supposed to be removeable so you can customize them.

matthewilw
02-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Went on a very short hunt for these today. I checked walmart first and found several cases of series 1 on an end cap and went ahead and picked up the chief. Overall it's a really cool figure. 18 POA, has peg holes on his back, 2 on his waist, and one on his right thigh for storing extra weapons (even though he only comes with an Assault Rifle, no grenades like the package says.) It feels a little unproportioned to me though. The shoulder feels a little small and the thighs seem kind of big. He definately has "child-baring hips." Looking forward to building a small spartan army :D

TheRealDubya
02-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Went on a very short hunt for these today. I checked walmart first and found several cases of series 1 on an end cap and went ahead and picked up the chief. Overall it's a really cool figure. 18 POA, has peg holes on his back, 2 on his waist, and one on his right thigh for storing extra weapons (even though he only comes with an Assault Rifle, no grenades like the package says.) It feels a little unproportioned to me though. The shoulder feels a little small and the thighs seem kind of big. He definately has "child-baring hips." Looking forward to building a small spartan army :D

Cool. I'm excited to get mine.

If they'd put these out in 4" scale, I'd a bought 30 or 40. They could mint money with those if they did 'em right. You think clone-mania is nuts? Imagine a 4" super-articulated Spartan, in endless color variants, with accessories up the wazoo...they'd kill it.

Jayspawn
02-28-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm passing on ALL McF toys until they make Movie Military figures -but the Halo figs do look cool I'll say.

timmae
02-28-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm passing on ALL McF toys until they make Movie Military figures -but the Halo figs do look cool I'll say.
they got a whole endcap at one of the walmarts in charlotte. neat to look at. i'm only getting football mcfarlanes anymore, but have been passing on them too lately.

JetsAndHeels
02-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Picked up the Master Chief earlier today....overall it is a cool figure. I like the articulation and the detail. I will probably get the red and blue spartans to go along with the Chief.

Wal-Mart sure did order alot of these....

Engineernerd
02-29-2008, 09:13 PM

Movie Military?

TheRealDubya
03-11-2008, 01:10 PM
My Wave 1 Master Chief showed up yesterday -- great figure, and really not too shabby for McFarlane's first attempt at real articulation. I don't see why they couldn't have included a few more accessories, but he looks great, is in a really cool scale (about 5") and has a really top drawer paint application. I'll definitely being be buying more of the spartans as I see them.

DarthBrandon
03-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Picked up the Master Chief earlier today....overall it is a cool figure. I like the articulation and the detail. I will probably get the red and blue spartans to go along with the Chief.

Wal-Mart sure did order alot of these....

If you spot an extra blue one can you pick it up for my son, he has all except the blue right now. Totally cool figures for sure, too bad I'm not allowed to play with his.:D

orionlukteel
03-15-2008, 09:51 PM
I finally found a Cortana at retail, and I like the sculpt a lot. No articulation, but the illumination is pretty cool.

The rest of the line has been all over Wal-Mart, less so elsewhere.

JetsAndHeels
03-16-2008, 02:09 PM
If you spot an extra blue one can you pick it up for my son, he has all except the blue right now. Totally cool figures for sure, too bad I'm not allowed to play with his.:D

Sure, I will check next time I go.

jedi master sal
03-17-2008, 03:34 PM
I saw them today as well. I am not going to get them, but they did look nice. Sal should love them

You bet KH.

I bought Master Cheif, Cortana, Green Grunt, Sliver CQB SPartan, White Spartan VI, two weeks ago, then just this past Thursday bought Red Spartan VI, Brute Cheiftain, Jackal, Ghost, Brute Chopper, Warthog.

This line is farkin' awesome!!!

SA to the nines. Excellent detail and sculpting. The detachable armor is a plus, though I most likely won't make use of it. I'm a purist when it comes to armor variations.

I'm VERY happy with the results so far.

I'm still in need of the orange grunt, Red EVA Spartan and both of the blue Wal*Mart exclusive Spartans (VI, and CQB).

If ANYONE can help me out with those, I'd be tremendously appreciative, especially the Wal*Mart exclusives.

I'm also looking to get 2 more jackals and one each more of the green and orange grunts.

PLEASE someone help me on these, they are sparse in my area.

-Sal

JetsAndHeels
03-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Its funny...in one of my previous posts I mentioned that WalMart ordered alot of these...well today I went back and all I saw was the Master Chief. EVERY other figure was gone. No Cortana, no blue spartan, no red spartan, no jackal snipers, no grunts.

Looks like word has gotten out. :)

figrin bran
03-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Sal, don't tell me that you're army building Halo figs as well???

I came across someone's massive Halo stash at a TRU the other day but left it untouched.

jedi master sal
03-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Sal, don't tell me that you're army building Halo figs as well???

I came across someone's massive Halo stash at a TRU the other day but left it untouched.

No not really army army building. I'm only wanting 2 of each color grunt and 3 jackals. All the others I want one of.

When wave 2 comes out, I'll "build" a little.
I'm going to want 2 Brute Stalkers, 6 ODST, 4 Drones and then just one of each other fig after that.

So no, not really army building. Certainly nothing like I used to for SW.

In this case it's a lot easier to go with less.

And man if you can hook me up at all...From wave one, I still need:
1 RED EVA Spartan
1 green grunt
2 orange grunts
2 jackals
1 Blue Spartan VI (Wal*Mart exc)
1 Blue CQB Spartan (Wal*Mart exc)

-Sal

matthewilw
03-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Its funny...in one of my previous posts I mentioned that WalMart ordered alot of these...well today I went back and all I saw was the Master Chief. EVERY other figure was gone. No Cortana, no blue spartan, no red spartan, no jackal snipers, no grunts.

Looks like word has gotten out. :)

My local walmarts had an end cap full of these for about 1 day, but they are all long since empty. The only place I've even seen traces is at local gaestops and Hastings stores.

Anybody else read last weeks Bungie interview with Todd McFarlane about the halo line? http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13356

McFarlane recon armor spartan?! Yes, Please! It will probably be a contest or bungie store exclusive, but I'm still planning on getting it however I can as long as it's in a "normal" color. I'll be using the removeable armor to my advantage once I can get all the pieces I need in steel. I'm just hoping they put out a weapons pack, including the katana.

My service record incase anyone wants to meet up online: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=MidgetHerder

matthewilw
03-24-2008, 10:00 PM
bigbadtoystore has a listing for some of the series 3 figures including a rogue headsculpt and a full hayabusa mold. They have a listing for the recon variant but no picture yet. Check them out here http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MCF11644&mode=retail

Val Da Car
04-04-2008, 02:14 AM
My local walmarts had an end cap full of these for about 1 day, but they are all long since empty. The only place I've even seen traces is at local gaestops and Hastings stores.

Anybody else read last weeks Bungie interview with Todd McFarlane about the halo line? http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13356

McFarlane recon armor spartan?! Yes, Please! It will probably be a contest or bungie store exclusive, but I'm still planning on getting it however I can as long as it's in a "normal" color. I'll be using the removeable armor to my advantage once I can get all the pieces I need in steel. I'm just hoping they put out a weapons pack, including the katana.

My service record incase anyone wants to meet up online: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=MidgetHerder

Frakin Sweet...I totally missed the CQB figure (WM Exclusive) if anyone finds one I will gladly pay or trade for it. Last purchase before the little one is born.

jedi master sal
04-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Frakin Sweet...I totally missed the CQB figure (WM Exclusive) if anyone finds one I will gladly pay or trade for it. Last purchase before the little one is born.

Heh, that's the last one from wave one I need to, besides the Orange grunt variant.

I am REALLY surprised at the lack of stock on these. Heck my local TU has even already pulled the pegs for them and it's now filled with other McFarlane stuff.

My local WM NEVER got them in.

It's disappointing, and especially so, since I've had to resort to eBay for the last couple I needed.

jedi master sal
04-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Well, I'm still in great need of the orange grunt and Wal*Mart blue CQB spartan.

I'm willing to pay $20 each for them.

Please SOMEONE help me out there, .

-Sal

Val Da Car
04-10-2008, 02:30 PM
I got TWO CQB's that are blue....JMS one can have your name on it if you wish but I will need a little time to allow for delivery...

A new padawan has joined the Star Wars Family..

Daniel Gabriel - born April 8, 2008

7lb 12oz

jedi master sal
04-13-2008, 10:11 AM
I got TWO CQB's that are blue....JMS one can have your name on it if you wish but I will need a little time to allow for delivery...

A new padawan has joined the Star Wars Family..

Daniel Gabriel - born April 8, 2008

7lb 12oz

First serious congrats!

And yes, I'd like to buy the Blue CQB from you. How much (including shipping) to Pittsburgh, PA 15260?

(Feel free to PM me if you don't want to clog up the boards with this deal.)

And thanks for considering me in this.

Again congrats!
-Sal

matthewilw
04-13-2008, 11:58 PM
They revealed all of series 3 over at spawn.com

http://spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13349

I'm definately going to be picking up:
Steel EOD x2
Silver mark VI

I might also get:
war cheiftan, depending on how the fuel rod looks)
Combat elite, I'll decide when I see this one in person
Orange Hayabusa, just to repaint.
Olive Rogue, just to repaint

I don't like the idea that gametop is getting all the steel color varients. Not to mention the white ones at "specialty" retailers. That means each one of my figures is going to cost an extra $2 because those are the only 2 colors I really want. Just throwing this out there, if anyone ever has extra weapons or armor pieces they don't want let me know. I'll buy them off you.

matthewilw
04-17-2008, 12:32 AM
For anyone still trying to find the wal-mart exclusive blue CQB and mark VI, it looks like they will be going up for sale on the spawn website on the 21st.

http://store.spawn.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=348

jedi master sal
04-17-2008, 09:11 AM
For anyone still trying to find the wal-mart exclusive blue CQB and mark VI, it looks like they will be going up for sale on the spawn website on the 21st.

http://store.spawn.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=348

F'in hell. That's why they are EXCLUSIVE! Damnit. I paid more than retail for those buggers because my local WM's didn't carry them. Now Spawn is just going to sell them at cost. Frickin' frack.

This line has been hard enough to collect between stores either not getting ANY product or the ones that do so very little product.

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered on EE and BBTS for waves 2 and 3. I've got most of the exclusives covered this way too.

Really though, I wish the hell there wouldn't be so many damn exclusives. The orange Hayabusa going to be a beotch to get. I hope some of my English buds can help me out there. (Anyone here-Jargo??) Please hook a bro up. I'll give you some extra for your effort.

-Sal

Val Da Car
04-17-2008, 10:58 AM
F'in hell. That's why they are EXCLUSIVE! Damnit. I paid more than retail for those buggers because my local WM's didn't carry them. Now Spawn is just going to sell them at cost. Frickin' frack.

This line has been hard enough to collect between stores either not getting ANY product or the ones that do so very little product.

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered on EE and BBTS for waves 2 and 3. I've got most of the exclusives covered this way too.

Really though, I wish the hell there wouldn't be so many damn exclusives. The orange Hayabusa going to be a beotch to get. I hope some of my English buds can help me out there. (Anyone here-Jargo??) Please hook a bro up. I'll give you some extra for your effort.

-Sal

Hi Sal,

Frack me...I just got the steel Spartan and missed the clear club exclusive.

jedi master sal
04-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi Sal,

Frack me...I just got the steel Spartan and missed the clear club exclusive.

grrr, and you HAD to point out the clear exclusive....I'm ****ed about that one. Only freakin' active camo fig and they make it an exclusive. Cripes the only one on eBay right now is going for about $180. Ridiculous.

At first, I was only going to collect certain ones, then WHOOSH, I got sucked in. Now I want every friggin' color they are making. That clear one is going to be my bane of Halo 3 collecting though...

So how are you Val?

matthewilw
04-17-2008, 02:37 PM
grrr, and you HAD to point out the clear exclusive....I'm ****ed about that one. Only freakin' active camo fig and they make it an exclusive. Cripes the only one on eBay right now is going for about $180. Ridiculous.

At first, I was only going to collect certain ones, then WHOOSH, I got sucked in. Now I want every friggin' color they are making. That clear one is going to be my bane of Halo 3 collecting though...

So how are you Val?

Are you talking about the Active Camo EVA? I thought that one wasn't supposed to go on sale unil next month? I did the pre-order thing on it but I'm still worried about missing out on it.

Val Da Car
04-17-2008, 03:39 PM

So how are you Val?

Me...doing good...the Mrs and the new padawan...are humming along nicely.

the boy has an healthy appetite and we are adjusting to a sortof schedule. Up at night up during the day. I want to be home more with them for one week but my boss will let me ease into work doing 20+ hours.

jedi master sal
04-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Are you talking about the Active Camo EVA? I thought that one wasn't supposed to go on sale unil next month? I did the pre-order thing on it but I'm still worried about missing out on it.

Yeah, that's the one. They aren't taking any more pre-orders for it. I think McFarlane and retailors as well as Bungie SERIOUSLY underestimated the desire for these figures.

One it's Halo, two, it's McFarlane. Nuff said.... I BARELY saw these on pegs, and nothing ever pegwarmed at all.

I SO want that active camo EVA Spartan. I'm willing to pay a good amount for one, but damn, not the $180 I'm seeing on eBay.

jedi master sal
04-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Me...doing good...the Mrs and the new padawan...are humming along nicely.

the boy has an healthy appetite and we are adjusting to a sortof schedule. Up at night up during the day. I want to be home more with them for one week but my boss will let me ease into work doing 20+ hours.

Excellent. So wait, I'm confused, are you working now or not or are on a limted schedule??

Regardless congrats on the new little person.

-Sal

matthewilw
04-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah, that's the one. They aren't taking any more pre-orders for it. I think McFarlane and retailors as well as Bungie SERIOUSLY underestimated the desire for these figures.

One it's Halo, two, it's McFarlane. Nuff said.... I BARELY saw these on pegs, and nothing ever pegwarmed at all.

I SO want that active camo EVA Spartan. I'm willing to pay a good amount for one, but damn, not the $180 I'm seeing on eBay.

How are they showing up on ebay if they haven't gone up for sale yet? Are people just selling the preorders? That seems kind of risky because the way I understand it is that even if you di pre-order it, you're still not guaranteed to get one.

jedi master sal
04-18-2008, 10:19 AM
How are they showing up on ebay if they haven't gone up for sale yet? Are people just selling the preorders? That seems kind of risky because the way I understand it is that even if you di pre-order it, you're still not guaranteed to get one.

Yes, pre-order.

matthewilw
04-19-2008, 08:39 PM
If you hate exclusives then you probably won't be happy with this http://spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13354

I couldn't care less about the "hell spartan" but I want that active camo CQB, if anyone is going to SDCC I'll pay for the whole set(plus shipping and a finders fee) and you can keep the hell spartan if anyone can get me that CQB.

Val Da Car
04-21-2008, 09:52 AM
This is getting nuts and fast with the SDCC exclusive. btw any ideas when the stuff becomes available today?

jedi master sal
04-21-2008, 12:40 PM
If you hate exclusives then you probably won't be happy with this http://spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13354

I couldn't care less about the "hell spartan" but I want that active camo CQB, if anyone is going to SDCC I'll pay for the whole set(plus shipping and a finders fee) and you can keep the hell spartan if anyone can get me that CQB.

Bloody hell. It's frickin' ridiculous. Gack, I can see eBay in my future for those. Unless someone going to SDCC can hook me up. I really want the active camo ones. The "hell" EVA is neat, but I could custom that one if it came down to that. (Of course I'd much rather have the original though, lol.)

Val Da Car
04-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Halo 3 items are up but the WM Blue CQB, Spartan Blue and Eva Red two pack are already sold out.

JMS did you get yours yet, if not I still have one for you....(now that my schedule, my padawan's schedule is better)

jedi master sal
04-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Halo 3 items are up but the WM Blue CQB, Spartan Blue and Eva Red two pack are already sold out.

JMS did you get yours yet, if not I still have one for you....(now that my schedule, my padawan's schedule is better)

Dang, it figures I'd miss that on Spawn.com.

Yeah, Val, if you've still got it. PM me with how/where you want me to pay for it and how much, including shipping.

matthewilw
04-23-2008, 09:55 PM
I received this email today from McFARLANE regarding the active camo EVA. Looks like it could be good news for some of you, but I'm not happy about it.

"**DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.** This email account is not monitored and your email will be immediately deleted. **DO NOT REPLY**

Thank you for your registration for the Halo EVA Active Camouflage exclusive by McFarlane Toys.

This email confirms we receive your original registration back in December 2007 for the Halo Active Camouflage Spartan Exclusive at the Spawn Store (http://store.spawn.com). Unfortunately, the figure has been delayed and will be released November 2008.

We are in the process of creating a brand new pre-order site to make things even easier for our customers. Previously when you registered, you entered your name and email address but there was no guarantee of how many you could buy or that the figure would be available when you return. We have now updated the system to let you pick the exact number you wish to buy and eliminates any concerns of any customer loosing out on the exclusive as you would be guaranteed the amount you enter for your order!*

This is the true benefit of a pre order!

This change to our pre order site will require you to register again for the Halo exclusive but this time choosing the quantity you would like to buy. We will have additional information on www.spawn.com regarding the release of the new pre-order site and the exact dates to place an order.

We appreciate your patience and understanding to the delay and we hope you enjoy the new pre-order site for our upcoming releases. Be on the lookout for more preorder opportunities in 2008 and thank you for choosing McFarlane Toys.

Sincerely,

Exclusive Preorders
McFarlane Toys Online Spawn Store
www.spawn.com / http://store.spawn.

* Ordering limits still apply for some exclusives."

EDIT: Just checked with the Spawn.com forums and the mods over there are saying that this is a legit email. Basically all pre-orders are off and everyone should have a chance to order when the new site goes live. Nothing is official yet, but I'll update when it is.

Val Da Car
04-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Question #1 - Do they need more time to produce the Exclusive and therefore may reopen preorders up for the exclusive?
(since they could have under estimated the number of them needed. Yikes almost a year for a preorder, though.)
Question #2 - Could this mean more exclusives for Wave 4 (possibly due around the Holidays)?

matthewilw
04-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Question #1 - Do they need more time to produce the Exclusive and therefore may reopen preorders up for the exclusive?
Holidays)?

I'm sure the numbers have something to do with the delay. To answer the second part, no they are not reopening the preorders. What they chose to do instead is cancel all the previous preorders (sorry ebay scalpers) and force EVERYONE to re-register for it. So anyone who missed on the first preorder will be able to register this time. That also means that some people who managed to make the deadline on the first preorder could potentially miss out on the second and lose their chance at getting this figure.

jedi master sal
04-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Okay, so where's the link to pre-order this now???

I hope like heck I can order this one. I need two, but dang, I'll be happy to have just one of them.

matthewilw
04-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Okay, so where's the link to pre-order this now???

I hope like heck I can order this one. I need two, but dang, I'll be happy to have just one of them.

No link just yet as the new site hasn't gone live. Here's the link to what's going on.

http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451046

jedi master sal
04-25-2008, 08:30 AM
No link just yet as the new site hasn't gone live. Here's the link to what's going on.

http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451046

Cool. Thanks for that link, matthewilw.

Please help me out here and let me know when the pre-order goes live so I can order the two I want. I'd appreciate that.

Val Da Car
04-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Cool. Thanks for that link, matthewilw.

Please help me out here and let me know when the pre-order goes live so I can order the two I want. I'd appreciate that.

PM Sent JMS!!!! Finally..

plasticfetish
05-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Uh... hello? Help a brother out? Did that thing go up for pre-order again somewhere?

Val Da Car
05-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Uh... hello? Help a brother out? Did that thing go up for pre-order again somewhere?

Nope, no eta as of yet for the November ship date of the figures

jedi master sal
05-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Just wanted to bump this up since soon wave two will be out. I'm going to need some help securing the exclusives this go around as they are many.

If you can help me out with Halo 3 figures I have a short list to look for. All are exclusives. The first wave was scarce in my parts and I had to resort to eBay. Something I did not want to do.

Here's the short list:
WAVE 2 due out around June ( I only need one of each with exception to the last one in the list):
Spartan EOD (Blue)-Wal*Mart Exclusive
Spartan ODST (STEEL)-Game Stop Exclusive
Spartan ODST (CYAN)-Wal*Mart Exclusive
Spartan E.V.A. (BROWN)-TRU exclusive
Spartan ODST (Black)-this one is the only non-exclusive one. I need 3 of these

Blue colored for Wal*Mart (selling theirs for $9.99 each), Brown colored for TRU (selling theirs for $11.99 each), and Steel (grey) colored for Game Stop (selling theirs for $13.99 each).

Any help would be greatly appreciated and of course I'll pay cost plus shipping so there is not cost to yourself in the end. Don't make a special trip on my behalf, just whenever you happen to be on a toy run, if you could check the Halo stuff.

Thanks to any and all who may help.
-Sal

Val Da Car
05-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Can I use my Hasbro Rewards to buy the next wave?
lol

jedi master sal
05-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Can I use my Hasbro Rewards to buy the next wave?
lol

For me, YES!!! lol

Seriously though, I'm not sure about that. I thought there was an expiration date for the rewards.

Val Da Car
05-21-2008, 08:41 AM
For me, YES!!! lol

Seriously though, I'm not sure about that. I thought there was an expiration date for the rewards.

Yea, I was just kidding since the next wave of Halo 3 series 2 will be in stores before the AT TE.

I did get my latest Hasbro Rewards and it expires Aug 6

jedi master sal
05-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Bumping to keep it fresh...

Man, a long drought without SW stuff and now this drought with Halo figs as well...

I'm SO jonesin' for some toys!

matthewilw
05-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Bumping to keep it fresh...

Man, a long drought without SW stuff and now this drought with Halo figs as well...

I'm SO jonesin' for some toys!

You can always do what I started doing. After reading about the delay in active camo figures I started casting my own out of clear polyester resin. If you are willing to invest some time and money into it you can make some really nice stuff

jedi master sal
05-30-2008, 12:06 PM
You can always do what I started doing. After reading about the delay in active camo figures I started casting my own out of clear polyester resin. If you are willing to invest some time and money into it you can make some really nice stuff

That's just it, I'm not. I don't have the space for this sort of venture and my moola is tied up in collecting specifically right now. Maybe when I stop collecting, I'll incorporate that into my diorama building venture. maybe...

jedi master sal
06-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Just wanted to bump this up again since soon wave two will be out.

If you can help me out with Halo 3 figures I have a short list to look for. All are exclusives. The first wave was scarce in my parts and I had to resort to eBay. Something I did not want to do.

Here's the short list:
WAVE 2 due out around June ( I only need one of each with exception to the last one in the list):

Wal*Mart is selling theirs for $9.99 each. TRU is selling theirs for $11.99 each. Game Stop is selling theirs for $13.99 each.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and of course I'll pay cost plus shipping so there is not cost to yourself in the end. Don't make a special trip on my behalf, just whenever you happen to be on a toy run, if you could check the Halo stuff (In the McFarlane section of the store-which is either in the action figure aisle with SW stuff or the aisle next to it).

-Sal

jedi master sal
06-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Just bumping up as it's about time that the second wave is coming out.
See previous post for my needs on this.

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

jedi master sal
06-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Just wanted to bump this up again since soon wave two will be out. (Gawd it feels like I've been saying this forever though, heh heh)

Here's the short list:

Wal*Mart is selling theirs for $9.99 each. TRU is selling theirs for $11.99 each. Game Stop is selling theirs for $13.99 each.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and of course I'll pay cost plus shipping so there is not cost to yourself in the end. Don't make a special trip on my behalf, just whenever you happen to be on a toy run, if you could check the Halo stuff (In the McFarlane section of the store-which is either in the action figure aisle with SW stuff or the aisle next to it).

-Sal

matthewilw
07-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Active Camo on July 7th. Bungie Day. (http://www.spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13403)

jedi master sal
07-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Active Camo on July 7th. Bungie Day. (http://www.spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13403)

grrr, I didn't see this until today! Now it says the site is down and won't be back up until August 1st. Gawd these exclusives piece me off (yes, I know I didn't spell that right).

BTW, wave 2 is due in stores approx July 14. I got word from two sources on that.

plasticfetish
07-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Hey Sal... read through their note again. You can still "preorder" the figure, but you can't go to the "store" and buy anything.

jedi master sal
07-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Hey Sal... read through their note again. You can still "preorder" the figure, but you can't go to the "store" and buy anything.

Yeah, I saw that and went there and pre-ordered, thanks.

On a GREAT note...

Wave 2 is IN STOCK at BBTS:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MCF11598&mode=retail

Also, TRU has some of them on their website for pre-order and it's due July 21 for them.

So go get them already, why are you still reading this! heh heh

-Sal

jedi master sal
07-09-2008, 05:05 PM
ooh also if anyone is going to SDCC and NOT getting the Halo exclusive 2-pack could you PLEASE hook me up. I'll pay in advance so there is no cost to you.

Here's what I'm looking to get:
http://www.spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13354

I hope someone can help as I don't look forward to eBaying this.
help me SSG SDCC goers, you're my only hope!

-Sal

plasticfetish
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
No Comic-Con for me this year... but I admit, that is the one exclusive that I'll really regret missing out on.

TheRealDubya
07-11-2008, 02:05 AM
Did Wave 1 just really sell like wildfire or was it recalled? I think they were out for precisely 12 minutes and then vanished in the Seattle area. Had I known they would go so fast, I'd have pulled the trigger when I saw them!

jedi master sal
07-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Did Wave 1 just really sell like wildfire or was it recalled? I think they were out for precisely 12 minutes and then vanished in the Seattle area. Had I known they would go so fast, I'd have pulled the trigger when I saw them!

Yeah they blew through QUICK. I got most of mine from Gamestop, a couple at TRU and that's it. I had to eBay the rest that I wanted. It SUCKED. I paid too much for the WM exclusives.

SO PLEASE, all other Halo collectors, help out your fellow collector and pick up the exclusives at least.

You CAN order the mass retail stuff at BBTS.com or Entertainmentearth.com. So it should just be a matter of the exclusives to get.

Oh and you CAN pre-order the steel Spartan at your local Gamestop/EBGames stores. So that just leaves the two WM and one TRU exclusive to get.

I think I've secured the TRU one for me as I have a friend there who is a supervisor and she thinks she can get one pulled for me. (I hope so...)

So that just leaves the two WM ones....that place is my bane of collecting, with regards to exclusives.

Phantom-like Menace
07-12-2008, 12:30 PM
I paid too much for the WM exclusives.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the next ones. I actually got the WM Blue CQB figure by accident. I basically walked into Wal-Mart looking for Star Wars and G.I. Joe figures and said, "I want to get a CQB Spartan if they have one" (my avatar in Halo is CQB), and there it was.

Okay, Blue EOD and Cyan ODST. My brother is going to want an ODST, so if I see one of those, he has priority, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of you.

jedi master sal
07-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Okay, Blue EOD and Cyan ODST. My brother is going to want an ODST, so if I see one of those, he has priority, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of you.

Yes PLEASE. I just want one of each.

Thanks VERY much if you can help with either or both.

-Sal

jedi master sal
07-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Carp, I forgot, there is also a gold Spartan exclusive to FYE and Suncoast.

PLEASE help. I need one of these as well as the few others I listed.

These exclusives are getting to be ridiculous. For this specific one, I called all of my FYE/Suncoast stores within a 25 mile area. Either they aren't carrying them in store or the couple that have carried Halo figs in the past only get a case and then it's done.

What's the frackin point of having these exclusives if stores aren't going to carry them??

I DON'T want to eBay these, but I can see that happening. GRRR!

jedi master sal
07-17-2008, 08:19 AM
I scored the TRU exclusive last night. So it's the WM 2 exclusives, FYE/Suncoast Exclusive and just two of the mass retail ODST exclusives to get.

matthewilw
07-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Here are a few pictures of how my active camo projects are coming along in case anyone is interested.

Active camo AR (http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL294/1895397/19171301/319935640.jpg)

Mark VI Helmet (http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL294/1895397/19171301/319935624.jpg)

CQB Helmet and AR (http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL294/1895397/19171301/326198787.jpg)

CQB (http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL294/1895397/19171301/326198693.jpg)

Phantom-like Menace
07-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Nice job on the active camo casts. Are you using a pressure system to keep down bubbles or are you just pouring the casting material into a mold and waiting for it to harden? I can't tell either way from the pictures as they look great, but I haven't worked too much with clear casting material and was curious about your results.

matthewilw
07-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Nice job on the active camo casts. Are you using a pressure system to keep down bubbles or are you just pouring the casting material into a mold and waiting for it to harden? I can't tell either way from the pictures as they look great, but I haven't worked too much with clear casting material and was curious about your results.

I've just been doing a really high pour in an extreely thin stream. I'm learning as I go. Each mold and cast I do gets better and better. After I finish all of the CQB armor I think I will just be doing weapons from then on, starting with the grav. hammer.

plasticfetish
07-20-2008, 06:44 AM
Rolled through GameStop this afternoon, but didn't see their exclusive. (I've noticed that you can also order it online through their Web site.) I did pick up a Brute Stalker though, so the visit wasn't a total loss.

For the record, watch out when you're messing around with the Brute figure. I cut my thumb open on that thing. It's sharp!

matthewilw
07-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Series 2 online feature is up at spawn.com Also, the rewards for halo Points have been announced HERE (http://www.spawn.com/halopoints/)

I want the active camo Recon and the katana, everything else I can pass on.

I also picked up the gamestop exclusive ODST and my only thoughts are "meh." The battle rifle is extremely thin, so much so that the peg actually goes through the entire gun to hold it onto the figure's back. Mine has very loose leg joints right out of the package. Oh well, at least now I can get started on my active camo ODST head and Active camo BR.

jedi master sal
07-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Series 2 online feature is up at spawn.com Also, the rewards for halo Points have been announced HERE (http://www.spawn.com/halopoints/)

I want the active camo Recon and the katana, everything else I can pass on.

I also picked up the gamestop exclusive ODST and my only thoughts are "meh." The battle rifle is extremely thin, so much so that the peg actually goes through the entire gun to hold it onto the figure's back. Mine has very loose leg joints right out of the package. Oh well, at least now I can get started on my active camo ODST head and Active camo BR.

Nice job on the active camo. Any plans to do the whole body??

I'd be willing to buy sets of active camo armor from you depending on your price. Let me know.

TheRealDubya
07-22-2008, 01:43 PM

I'd be willing to buy sets of active camo armor from you depending on your price. Let me know.

Man I love these figures; scored the ODST CAMPAIGN figure yesterday. $14 hurts, but they're great looking figures.

plasticfetish
07-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah, $14 is a bit tough to swallow right now... which is why I held off on buying all of the non-exclusive figures at our local Fred Meyer store yesterday.

Did pick up an Arbiter for the kid (the first thing he says is, "Why's his armor gold and not silverish?"), and then a Spartan CQB for myself.

Arbiter is actually a lot cooler than I thought he would be. Fun figure, but he didn't come with a weapon peg that I could see. (Be nice if he'd come with two weapons.) Haven't opened the CQB yet, but it looks great as well.

jedi master sal
07-23-2008, 08:48 AM
I think these are awesome figures. McFarlane is making a killing with these since the majority of these figs use the same base mold. Just the helmet, shoulder armor, and chest armor is different. Even then, those parts are being reused on a regular basis for paint redecoes.

My biggest problem is availability. Nevermind that it's a pain in the arse for the exclusives, the mass retail stuff hard to find as well. This is definitely one toy line where the rule of "buy it when you see it" applies.

I got smart for wave 2 and bought a case from BBTS. So it's just been tracking down the exclusives for me. Gamestop was easy to get as you could pre-order it. TRU actually was simple, though I only have seen it once. The Suncoast one became easy, but expensive as I have to make a 60mile round trip just to get it. THe D&R pink Spartan was a breeze as it was a pre-order as well. The only ones now that are a pain in the arse are the Wal*Mart ones, which were a huge pain last wave.

I don't get that either. Wal*Mart is a freakin' HUGE retailer. Why do they not carry their own exclusive? I've been to no less than 13 DIFFERENT WMs now. Not only are they not on the pegs, but there is NO peg space for them and the toy dept. workers have no clue as to what I'm asking about. So it's either I get some help from fellow collectors or I'm going to have to resort to eBay yet again...damn.

I think what POes me about the WM ones is that they are BLUE. I mean come on...One half of the famous Red VS Blue teams and they are exclusives??? What gives. McFarlane and Bungie could be making SO much more money if 1) Produce MORE figures all around. 2) Not make so many figs as exclusives (share the wealth).

My point about the exclusives is this:
D&R: I only bought this figure from them, nothing else and will likely never by from them again unless they get another Halo exclusive.
Suncoast: Only bought the exclusive, nothing else. I don't shop here regularly anyways and this exclusive isn't going to change that.
Gamestop: Okay here I did buy more, but that's because the specific people there treat me right, so I don't mind supporting their store. Had I just got regular service I'd have just bought the exclusive.
TRU: since I already had the mass retail wave (and for cheaper than everyone else price other than WM) I only bought the exclusive and just one other figure.
WM: if and when I can find them, I'm only getting the exclusives.
EE: I have the pale ODST on pre-order and would have bought mass retail figures from them had they not been $2 more per figure than BBTS. Initially I had placed an order with them for the mass retail stuff then cancelled that order. However due to the popularity of the regular mass retail ODST (non Spartan black) figure, I did order some of those through them, but WELL after the fact and only because of availability.

So the point here is, I deliberately went to each of these stores with just getting the exclusives on my mind. Gamestop was the only real exception of 5 stores.

Again, while McFaralane/Bungie made their money off me, I would have actually bought MORE of these figure (I would have squad built the ODST/Brutes/drones) if they would have been more readily available and for a slightly cheaper price. ($10-11)

I get it that retailers don't want to be stuck with these on the shelves, but damn, this is a hugely popular video game series. The first wave selling out everywhere should have been a big indicator that more should be produced for subsequent waves.

Okay, sorry, I HAD to get that rant out...

Can anyone PLEASE help me get the WM exclusive figures?? I'll pay you $15 each plus shipping. So you're making approx $10 on that deal.

-Sal

plasticfetish
07-23-2008, 11:04 AM
I dunno. I think there's a chance that these will be a little easier to find than the last wave. Exclusives aside anyway.

Fred Meyer, a regional store for us, had about three/four pegs worth of figures, and a bunch up above in backstock when we were there last. I think the price may be chasing a lot of the kids away, so I've a feeling that these will be around some.

Exclusives are another story though. I never (well... rarely) see these things in stores. Suppose we can hope it'll be better this time also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Changing the topic a little... both of the hands on my CQB snapped off when I tried to (ever so carefully) free them up, so I'll just restate the obvious, and warn everyone to be very careful.

matthewilw
07-24-2008, 12:48 PM

I don't have any plans to ever cast the entire body. It would just require too much work to keep the articulation. If I do anything with the entire figures they will just be statues with no articulation. As far as selling the armor sets I don't know yet. I'm moving in about 2 weeks so most of my stuff is packed up right now, so it would be at least a month before I could seriously consider selling anything.

plasticfetish
07-25-2008, 03:47 AM
Found a replacement CQB today, and this time only one of the hands was stuck. I put it in the freezer for a bit, and even though it sucks that I would need to do this, it did the trick.

All's well.

Nice figure BTW. I don't know if it's my favorite, but the design is really growing on me. (Now if only I could find an EOD with a decent paint job.)

Jangu Fett
07-25-2008, 08:14 PM
I was wondering, does anyone know when the 2nd or 3rd set of Halo 3 vehicles will be released? I have all the first 2 waves of figures and the first wave vehicles, but I haven't heard anything about the release of the 2nd wave of vehicles.

matthewilw
07-25-2008, 10:29 PM
I was wondering, does anyone know when the 2nd or 3rd set of Halo 3 vehicles will be released? I have all the first 2 waves of figures and the first wave vehicles, but I haven't heard anything about the release of the 2nd wave of vehicles.

Based on what I've read it looks like they might be skipping series 2 and going straight to 3. Last I have read, series 2 was supposed to be the mongoose, scarab, and wraith but I can't find any current information on that wave. Series 3 currently consists of: banshee, hornet, and the scorpion. Just out of curiousity, where did you get your vehicles from? I wanted all of wave 1 but never saw them ANYWHERE other than online, and they were way overpriced on top of that. I will definitely buy more of those just for the additional halo points if I can ever find them. The Hornet and scorpion

Jangu Fett
07-25-2008, 11:03 PM
I found them a couple of months ago at my local TRU, that was the first and only time I ever them. Lucky for me, I bought them. The figures and vehicles, I never has seen restocked there since. Other area TRU had the figures, but never the local one.

jedi master sal
07-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Based on what I've read it looks like they might be skipping series 2 and going straight to 3. Last I have read, series 2 was supposed to be the mongoose, scarab, and wraith but I can't find any current information on that wave. Series 3 currently consists of: banshee, hornet, and the scorpion. Just out of curiousity, where did you get your vehicles from? I wanted all of wave 1 but never saw them ANYWHERE other than online, and they were way overpriced on top of that. I will definitely buy more of those just for the additional halo points if I can ever find them. The Hornet and scorpion

You can get a set of three of these from BBTS. Here's the link:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MCF11570&mode=retail

They are selling them for $23.99 for a set of three.

A good set for a great price, IMO. You'll have to pay shipping, but BBTS isn't too bad there. And look around the site, you might find more you want/need. That would help on spreading the shipping cost around.

-Sal

Jangu Fett
07-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Maybe bad news for those out there looking for the Halo 3 Vehicles. I read over at spawn.com forums that the vehicles have been cancelled. I don't know if it true or if it's just someones guess, but it does explain why we haven't seen or heard anything solid about the next wave. I really hope it's not true, I ,for one, would have got a number of Banshees and Hornets. I wanted to make a squadron of each.

Phantom-like Menace
07-29-2008, 01:56 AM
Can anyone PLEASE help me get the WM exclusive figures??

Almost every chance I've had to get into Wal-Mart has ended without my getting to Wal-Mart. I actually went in just yesterday when I was out reserving a book for a friend's birthday, but when I saw the second Rebel Pilots Pack, I forgot about Halo figures. Sorry about that. I'm borrowing my brother's car tonight, so I might shanghai it further for a quick Wal-Mart run in the morning if I remember.

matthewilw
07-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Maybe bad news for those out there looking for the Halo 3 Vehicles. I read over at spawn.com forums that the vehicles have been cancelled. I don't know if it true or if it's just someones guess, but it does explain why we haven't seen or heard anything solid about the next wave. I really hope it's not true, I ,for one, would have got a number of Banshees and Hornets. I wanted to make a squadron of each.

I tried finding the thread but found nothing. Any chance you have a link? I know the vehicles didn't sell as well as the figures but cancelling them before even a second wave has a chance seems a little too quick to bail on such a vital piece of the halo universe. Lets hope the line sticks around long enough to at least make it to wave 3, or at very least is cancelled only because they are planning a better line that actually has features such as landing gear and or lights/sounds.

jedi master sal
07-30-2008, 12:52 PM

I think that's a load of crap. I only saw the vehicles in one store, TRU. THey only lasted on the pegs 3 days TOTAL. I know because I bought mine on a Tuesday and was going to by more that Friday since it was my payday and they were all gone.

They sell just fine. Not in an hour or two like the figures, but come on, a few days? If that's not good enough well, then there's no pleasing the powers that be.

Personally I am STILL looking forward to whatever vehicles they come out with.

Jangu Fett
07-30-2008, 04:15 PM
I said, maybe bad news. I only seen it posted once and nothing more. I can't remember what thread it was in, and can't find it now. I also said that I didn't know if it was true or just someones guess. I only posted the info, so others. Along with myself, might be able to find out something more about it. I didn't mean for anyone to get upset about it. And, I'm sorry, if anyone did get worked up over this. It was a rumor, I thought should be passed along incase it was true.

IMO, I also think it's crap. With only 1 wave out, that's not really enough marketing info to justify canceling the line. I have only seen them once, ONCE. I have also asked store workers if they are any, they show me where they should be but, they are always out. I am really looking forward to the Banshee and Hornet flyers, and plan to get multiples of each.

I'm going to try contacting Customer Services, to see if I can get any info. I'l let you all know what I find out.

matthewilw
07-31-2008, 03:56 PM
To my surprise today I found 2 Brute choppers at a local specialty shop along with all of series 2. They are smaller than I thought but still very nice.

On a side note though, both of the brute stalker figures I saw today were missing their helmets. The packaging was completely sealed, just no helmets. Has anyone else seen anything similar to this?

plasticfetish
07-31-2008, 04:10 PM
The packaging was completely sealed, just no helmets. Has anyone else seen anything similar to this?No, not yet... weird. (The helmet's probably the worst part of that figure though. It doesn't fit well, or stay on, and mine was really warped.) Sounds like a production error.

Jangu Fett
07-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Well, it looks like it's true THIS line of vehicles has been cancelled. I asked McFarlane Customer Service when the next wave will be released, this was their respnse......

"Hello,
Thank you for contacting McFarlane toys.
Our Halo 3 vehicles have been put on hold.
We are in the process of working on a new concept for the Halo vehicles
in 2008.
We appreciate you being such an avid fan and we hope with the new
concept you will be equally as excited about it as you are about the
first halo vehicles.
Thank you

Sincerely,

McFarlane Toys Customer Service"

I REALLY hope this "new concept" vehicles does not involve the new Legendary scale figures shown at SDCC. Can you say Halo Sigma 6???:frus:

matthewilw
07-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Our Halo 3 vehicles have been put on hold.
We are in the process of working on a new concept for the Halo vehicles
in 2008.

Let's hope they do something in a slightly larger scale that have the same amount of features as the figures. Or at least a figure or something to help keep the ghost and chopper from being so boring by themselves.

plasticfetish
07-31-2008, 09:42 PM
You know, I really have no idea, but seeing as how the 5-inch figures are doing so well, I'd assume that they're thinking about vehicles for that line.

The smaller vehicles have stalled (pun intended) in my area. I see them all over the place, and it never seems as though they're selling all that well.

Jangu Fett
07-31-2008, 09:44 PM
I really hope they don't make them bigger, they already have the Legendary figures which look to be the same as the SW mini Unleashed, or the short lived GI Joe Sigma 6 line. Don't get me wrong, I like the SW Unleashed line, but I'm not going to go out or my way for Halo "Unleashed" scale figures or vehicles. And any vehicles for the larger 5 inch figures, make some of the larger vehicles, like the Pelican unlikely.

I think that if anything McFarlane should go the other way, make them smaller. Think about it Halo Micro Machines ot Action Fleet scale. Man, I'm drooling just thinking about that. That's way I really wanted the Hornet and Banshee, those could have been the perfect size for the AF. Or if not Action Fleet size, just slightly larger to fix something like Heroclix/Actionclix scale movable figures. Doing something that size allows them to do larger ships like the Pelican. Think about a AF scaled Pelican with a magnet on the tail to carry a Warthog, or a Covenant Spirit Dropship able to hold 2 Ghosts between the front "forks". Then what about Halo Battle Packs???? Get 7 or 8 Spartans, or Covenant troops???? Or even MM scale, me personally would love to have MM sized ships of the Pillar of Autumn, In Amber Clad, a UNSC Marathon Class Cruiser, UNSC Longsword Fighter, Covenant Carrier Shadow of Intent, Covenant Cruiser Truth and Reconciliation, Seraph Figher. Damn just thinking about those...............:love:. Something like those would REALLY, REALLY make my year.

matthewilw
07-31-2008, 11:21 PM
I think that if anything McFarlane should go the other way, make them smaller. Think about it Halo Micro Machines ot Action Fleet scale. Man, I'm drooling just thinking about that. Doing something that size allows them to do larger ships like the Pelican. Think about a AF scaled Pelican with a magnet on the tail to carry a Warthog.

AF scale is the exact scale I was thinking of when I said "larger." I meant bigger than a 3" warthog on a stand. If we could get a 6" or so pelican with opening cargo bay, landing gear, and the ability to attach a warthog(sold seperatly, of course) I would just about die with excitement. Along with everything you listed above, battle packs could consist of the smaller vehicles like the mongoose, plus elite/ ODST drop pods etc. There is so much potential for a vehicle line that actually serves a purpose other than being a display piece or desk ornament.

Jangu Fett
08-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Oh, yeah the Warthog is to small for the Action Fleet. But when you said larger, I thought you meant the whole line. The Brute Chopper and Ghost, are roughly the right size for the WK Halo Actionclix. I can't only hope that McFarlane does something like the AF, all the different Vehicles and charaters from all the games, including all the new ones from Halo Wars. And with Peter Jackson and Bungie both working on seperate "Halo" games, there is plenty of new, and old material to make or use.

One fight was finished. But, the war still wages.:thumbsup:

jedi master sal
08-01-2008, 05:13 PM
No, not yet... weird. (The helmet's probably the worst part of that figure though. It doesn't fit well, or stay on, and mine was really warped.) Sounds like a production error.

Same thing with one of the two I own. I just used one of the twist ties to keep it in place for now. My thinking is that over time the twist tie will warp it into place.

jedi master sal
08-01-2008, 05:14 PM
You know, I really have no idea, but seeing as how the 5-inch figures are doing so well, I'd assume that they're thinking about vehicles for that line.

The smaller vehicles have stalled (pun intended) in my area. I see them all over the place, and it never seems as though they're selling all that well.

Have you seen series two of the vehicles yet?? Series one came and went so quick here that if you didn't buy them when you saw them, you were SOL.

jedi master sal
08-01-2008, 05:15 PM
I really hope they don't make them bigger, they already have the Legendary figures which look to be the same as the SW mini Unleashed, or the short lived GI Joe Sigma 6 line. Don't get me wrong, I like the SW Unleashed line, but I'm not going to go out or my way for Halo "Unleashed" scale figures or vehicles. And any vehicles for the larger 5 inch figures, make some of the larger vehicles, like the Pelican unlikely.

I think that if anything McFarlane should go the other way, make them smaller. Think about it Halo Micro Machines ot Action Fleet scale. Man, I'm drooling just thinking about that. That's way I really wanted the Hornet and Banshee, those could have been the perfect size for the AF. Or if not Action Fleet size, just slightly larger to fix something like Heroclix/Actionclix scale movable figures. Doing something that size allows them to do larger ships like the Pelican. Think about a AF scaled Pelican with a magnet on the tail to carry a Warthog, or a Covenant Spirit Dropship able to hold 2 Ghosts between the front "forks". Then what about Halo Battle Packs???? Get 7 or 8 Spartans, or Covenant troops???? Or even MM scale, me personally would love to have MM sized ships of the Pillar of Autumn, In Amber Clad, a UNSC Marathon Class Cruiser, UNSC Longsword Fighter, Covenant Carrier Shadow of Intent, Covenant Cruiser Truth and Reconciliation, Seraph Figher. Damn just thinking about those...............:love:. Something like those would REALLY, REALLY make my year.

Maybe Hasbro should pick these up for the Titanium treatment?

I'd def go for those!

matthewilw
08-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Changing the subject a bit. The whole 1 weapon per figure thing bugs me, especially when it's a weapon I don't want. I picked up a white mark VI figures today and thus have an unwanted covenant sniper rifle. So if anyone is interested in trading weapons and armor pieces as the line goes on just let me know. I plan on only buying certain campaign figures and white/ steel multiplayer figures. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with lots of the same weapons plus shoulder pieces and heads that I don't want.

jedi master sal
08-04-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm hoping for a weapons set like they did for previous Halo game toys. I've got way too many shotguns and BRs. I actually would like more covenant weapons and where the heck is the rocket launcher?

Oh and a pod launcher and flame thrower would be a cool exclusive pack-in to a weapons pack.

matthewilw
08-04-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm hoping for a weapons set like they did for previous Halo game toys. I've got way too many shotguns and BRs. I actually would like more covenant weapons and where the heck is the rocket launcher?

Oh and a pod launcher and flame thrower would be a cool exclusive pack-in to a weapons pack.

I was hoping the halo points would buy us some weapons, but no luck. Any chance you'd be willing to trade one of your extra shotguns for a covey sniper?

jedi master sal
08-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Any chance you'd be willing to trade one of your extra shotguns for a covey sniper?

Hmm, let me mull that over, but I'm thinking yes.

matthewilw
08-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Hmm, let me mull that over, but I'm thinking yes.

Just let me know. Even if its in the future. The only covey weapons I want are basically plasma swords and plasma pistols simply because the spartan figures look good with them.

matthewilw
08-16-2008, 03:23 AM
Anyone who missed out on the SDCC exclusives. You can order them through the collectors club online while supplies lasts. Which won't be long considering there is a limit of 4 sets per order, and it's 2:22am here and I keep getting the server is too busy error.

Start Praying You're not too late. (http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=13433)

[EDIT] SUCCESS!!! I ordered 2 sets for a grand total of $69.81. I wasn't really planning on spending that much money but I didn't really have a choice considering the short supply. If anyone who gets them and doesn't want their CQB I'll trade you my hell spartans for them/ I really have no desire for them.

jedi master sal
08-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks, matthewilw!

Had I had known this was going to be sold this way, I wouldn't have panicked and bought from eBay.

I did get a code from a fellow forumite here so I did already get a set. Strangely though I still have not received the one from the eBay auction I won. I've sent that seller a message last night informing him that I was placing a claim today. This was BEFORE I saw your message!

I just went to the Spawn site before posting this and was easily able to buy another set for myself.

Again thanks, matthewilw!

-Sal

matthewilw
08-25-2008, 01:45 AM
I just went to the Spawn site before posting this and was easily able to buy another set for myself.

-Sal

Have you received your figures yet? I was out of town this weekend and I am worried mine were delivered and stolen off my door step. I just moved to this place a week ago and already my neighbors have stolen 2 of my netflix movies from the outgoing mail box.

jedi master sal
08-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Have you received your figures yet? I was out of town this weekend and I am worried mine were delivered and stolen off my door step. I just moved to this place a week ago and already my neighbors have stolen 2 of my netflix movies from the outgoing mail box.

Oooh, not good for you man. Sorry to hear that.

I always have my stuff delivered to my work. Haven't got this set yet.

Though I do already have the set from another forumite hooking me up with the code from SDCC.

I actually won this set also from eBay (I panicked and bid way to much-for me- on an auction). So if you never get your set, I would be willing to sell you at least the extra Hellspartan I'd have. I wouldn't gouge you for it either. I figure $19 plus shipping. IIRC, the set originally cost $38, so I just cut that in half for one figure.

Let me know if you want that extra Hellspartan. If so, when I get what will be the 3rd set, I'll package it up for you.

-Sal

Phantom-like Menace
08-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Just FYI, I've been looking every time I've gone into Wal-Mart and haven't seen any of the exclusives.

Also, TRU here did something weird with Halo figures and all the the other figures they had on that display rack. They're gone completely. The display rack is just sitting there empty, and I know no one purchased all or even most of the figures there.

jedi master sal
08-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Just FYI, I've been looking every time I've gone into Wal-Mart and haven't seen any of the exclusives.

Also, TRU here did something weird with Halo figures and all the the other figures they had on that display rack. They're gone completely. The display rack is just sitting there empty, and I know no one purchased all or even most of the figures there.

Thanks for your continued looking PLM. Yeah, TRU has done strange things with the Halo figs. They've moved three times in my local store. That's when they even have them in stock that is.

Well, looks like I got screwed on the Cyan ODST figure I won. I managed to win it for $23.50 shipped. More than I'd like but lower than the going rate on eBay. SO I thought I had a minor score. It's been more than 2 weeks now, and I still haven't got the figure. I e-mailed the seller yesterday. They quickly e-mailed back that I should have gotten it, and if I didn't get it by Wednesday to let them know. Then they proceeded to say they'd give me a refund. This smacks all of scam to me. I feel because I won it at a lower than average winning bid for that figure, the seller felt like they didn't make enough off of it and never sent me mine. I'll look to see if they post another auction for it again and I'll nail them hard for it. I didn't get the refund yet either BTW. Hell, it's a WM exclusive, which means they paid $10 + tax. That's not more than a dollar. Sending the figure to me by First Class mail (per their auction) wouldn't have cost them more than $2-3. So by my count they still profited by about $10. I think it's a greed thing and they wanted more for it. I hope they choke on the thing. And they better not put another one up for auction, or like I said, I'll nail them for it. This sort of thing has happened to me twice before. POed me then as it still does now.

Honor your contracts sellers! Were it not for we buyers you'd not have a market to sell to. This is one instance I'm glad he can't post a negative. After I put in a claim, I'm going to leave this guy a neg for sure.

Sorry, I just had to vent...

Lazer Brain
08-26-2008, 04:47 PM
HEY, so what is the figure every one is looking for? or hardest to find? or just over all coolest?
we have tons down here in my little ol town,
later

matthewilw
08-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Got my SDCC sets today.

I really like th CQB, the hell spartan is growing on me, but with another AR and only 10 Halo points I don't think I'll be keeping them.

Phantom-like Menace
08-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Thanks for your continued looking PLM.

Yeah, I think the Wal-Mart I most often frequent has a drone and a Brute. That's all they've had for weeks. But I continue looking.

matthewilw
09-03-2008, 11:10 PM
More active camo? Yes Please!

Additional Series 3 Figures. (http://spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13442)

plasticfetish
09-04-2008, 03:09 AM
Going back a bit...

Have you seen series two of the vehicles yet?? Series one came and went so quick here that if you didn't buy them when you saw them, you were SOL.No series two. Series one vehicles have dried up now for the most part, though I do see the odd Ghost or Brute Chopper now and again. (A local shop has a bunch of them still. They want a little bit above standard retail, but they have all three.)

Also, TRU here did something weird with Halo figures and all the the other figures they had on that display rack. They're gone completely. The display rack is just sitting there empty, and I know no one purchased all or even most of the figures there.I've been thinking about his post. I haven't seen a Halo figure at TRU in ages, but they have tons of other McFarlane stuff. The spot where the Halo figures once lived has been taken over by Mezco Heroes and Hellboy 2 figures, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen a Halo figure at Walmart* in ages either.

Sending the figure to me by First Class mail (per their auction) wouldn't have cost them more than $2-3. So by my count they still profited by about $10.Sorry to hear that it didn't turn up... no matter what the problem.

I've gotta say though, last time I shipped something that size (assuming that it was still packaged, and you wanted it to turn up in good shape), it cost me around $7-ish to ship, and then I payed for about $2 or $3 worth of packing materials. As someone who sells on Ebay every now and then (and more often than not eats it on shipping), you'd be surprised what it costs to send a package these days.

More active camo? Yes Please!Awesome... if I can find those... but still awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~

Picked up a Spartan EVA the other day BTW (found one at last), and I probably have to call this my favorite figure of series 2.

And OH! I don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but I spotted a Halo 3 laser tag game at my local Fred Meyer store. It was $50, and comes with two Plasma Pistols. (You can bet that it's what my son is getting for his birthday this year!)

Ando
09-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Come to think of it, I haven't seen a Halo figure at Walmart* in ages either.

I actually saw a WM Exclusive blue Spartan along with other various Spartans at the Wal-Mart by 82nd and Powell about 3 weeks ago.

Which Wal-Marts in Portland do you go to?

plasticfetish
09-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Which Wal-Marts in Portland do you go to?I live over in Sellwood, so yeah... it's pretty much those two over on 82nd that I hit. (Sorry I haven't answered your PM by the way.) I don't wander to those stores very often though. They're kind of chaotic... not the nicest Walmarts.

And seeing as how you'd mentioned the place, I got my EVA at Toy Bliss. Sorry to see that they're closing this year.

Ando
09-04-2008, 05:24 PM
I live over in Sellwood, so yeah... it's pretty much those two over on 82nd that I hit. (Sorry I haven't answered your PM by the way.) I don't wander to those stores very often though. They're kind of chaotic... not the nicest Walmarts.

And seeing as how you'd mentioned the place, I got my EVO at Toy Bliss. Sorry to see that they're closing this year.

No worries. You're the only other collector who posts here (as far as I can tell) who's from Portland, so I was trying to make a friend.

I'm sorry to see them closing, too. I went there on 07.26.2008 around 10:30 am and had my pick of all the new figures that I missed at TRU's Midnight Madness. It was great!

I miss their downtown store at Pioneer Place. I used to walk there from my apartment on 20th and Lovejoy when the weather was nice.

You live in Sellwood... Do you ever go to the Star Wars Shop/Collectors Connection in Milwaukie? That's a GREAT store! I met the guy who works there when I was at the Clackamas TRU looking for the modified Anakin JSF and he said his store had bunches of them.

plasticfetish
09-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Do you ever go to the Star Wars Shop/Collectors Connection in Milwaukie?You know, it's funny... I'm over there all the time, but I hadn't seen that place until a few days ago. Haven't been in yet (really busy with work lately), but I'll probably wander in sooner or later.

Ando
09-04-2008, 05:36 PM
I've been going there for a few weeks.

Do yourself a favor and check it out. Don't let the outside and location fool you. It's a SW collector's dream. The guy that works there is super nice, too. His name is Dustin.

All Star Wars and GI Joe. No outrageous comic store/scalper markups.

And they can get exclusives.

matthewilw
09-12-2008, 02:20 PM
McFarlane announced all of their halo merch. all the way up through may '09.

Check it out Here (http://spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=13452)

I'm stoked about the mongoose and Hunter deluxe packs. The "Medal" figures on the other hand I feel kind of cheated on. Who wants medals? I would rather have a 2nd weapon with my figures.
I also can't help but notice the lack of vehicles.

jedi master sal
09-12-2008, 03:07 PM
A whole lot of more carp top get...

I may pass on the smaller 3-pack figure sets and the helmets. Just stick to the 5inch scale figs. I am happy about the Mongoose set and the Hunter figure.

plasticfetish
09-13-2008, 05:42 AM
You know, I really have no idea, but seeing as how the 5-inch figures are doing so well, I'd assume that they're thinking about vehicles for that line.And... pow!

Curious to see how that Mongoose will turn out. Curious to see what all of it will look like I suppose.

Phantom-like Menace
09-13-2008, 09:34 PM
I'd be more excited about announcement of new product if I thought it was likely I could find these with any regularity. I can't imagine what I'd do if I were trying to collect all of these, probably go insane. The newer figures are proving harder to find than the older figures.

jedi master sal
09-16-2008, 11:01 AM
I'd be more excited about announcement of new product if I thought it was likely I could find these with any regularity. I can't imagine what I'd do if I were trying to collect all of these, probably go insane. The newer figures are proving harder to find than the older figures.

Indeed. Thankfully with due diligence, the only figures that have been hard for me to get are the Wal*Mart exclusives. Considering it's WM, the world's largest retailor, you'd think these would be EASY to find...

Honestly, I'll be glad when this line is done as well. I've already decided NOT to get the Halo Wars line and NOT to get the 3-pack of helmets line either.

matthewilw
09-20-2008, 02:33 PM
I found 4 cases of the new 12" blue mark VI spartans at a local walmart. I think I'm going to pass on the 12" figures, the only real difference is the size and the fact that all of their fingers move seperately. Series 3 should be releasing early next week so I'm just going to wait and buy those.

jedi master sal
09-22-2008, 09:01 AM
I found 4 cases of the new 12" blue mark VI spartans at a local walmart. I think I'm going to pass on the 12" figures, the only real difference is the size and the fact that all of their fingers move seperately. Series 3 should be releasing early next week so I'm just going to wait and buy those.

I hear ya. I'm only getting a 12 inch Master Chief. I'm not going to bang my head over finding all the variant color 12 inch figures. Gotta say STOP at some point. The 12 inch figs are my stopping point.

I've already received notice the BigBadToyStore.com should have wave 3 next week, so I'll be looking forward to that. Then it's the hunt for this waves exclusives...

BTW, BBTS has a PURPLE CQB Spartan exclusive if you didn't already know. You can get it with the wave of figures (one each) for a cost that averages to $12 per figure (but you have to buy the whole wave). OR you can just order the Purple figures for $14 (plus shipping). Not bad really for an exclusive. D&R charged $20 plus shipping for their pink spartan and Suncoast charge $17. So $14 for the BBTS one isn't bad at all.

matthewilw
09-27-2008, 08:09 PM
New photos leading up to may '09 including the Hunter. (http://www.spawn.com/news/news3.aspx?id=13461)

jedi master sal
09-29-2008, 09:34 AM
New photos leading up to may '09 including the Hunter. (http://www.spawn.com/news/news3.aspx?id=13461)

Geesus, will they let up a bit...L.O.L.

Well, I'm definitely NOT collecting the helmet series, not the 12inch beyond just Master Chief, nor the Halo Wars line. I've got to put a clamp on this. So it's the standard line ONLY for me. It's enough to keep up with that alone, what with all of the exclusives.

I AM looking forward to the Mongoose and Hunter sets.

The equipment wave looks cool. Now if we could get a DEPLOYED bubble shield. THAT would be awesome, IMO. Basically a shell. Frag the "holes" like the Droideka had. I don't want something stupid impeding or taking away from a deployed bubbleshield. Hell, make it an overseas exclusive if they have to, to get away from the stringent safety laws. Just so it's not TOO hard to get here.

jedi master sal
09-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Well, I'm getting my case of Halo busts shipped to me and should have it by WED or THUR. I'll have one each of the red and blue and two Master Chiefs. Not sure if I want the extra MC. If not, I'll sell it at cost plus shipping.

Anyone interested, PM me and I'll let you know once I get the package if I'm going to keep it or not.

matthewilw
09-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Geesus, will they let up a bit...L.O.L.

Well, I'm definitely NOT collecting the helmet series, not the 12inch beyond just Master Chief, nor the Halo Wars line. I've got to put a clamp on this. So it's the standard line ONLY for me. It's enough to keep up with that alone, what with all of the exclusives.

I AM looking forward to the Mongoose and Hunter sets.

The equipment wave looks cool. Now if we could get a DEPLOYED bubble shield. THAT would be awesome, IMO. Basically a shell. Frag the "holes" like the Droideka had. I don't want something stupid impeding or taking away from a deployed bubbleshield. Hell, make it an overseas exclusive if they have to, to get away from the stringent safety laws. Just so it's not TOO hard to get here.

Agreed about the bubble shield. I have no use for the equip. hardware so I'll probably be trading those off for extra weapons. As far as the variants go, I've only been buying the steel, white, and active camo figures (aside from various campaign figures) so I hope they keep kicking these things out. The mongoose set just gives me high hopes for a warthog. I think McFarlane might actually make one considering they have finally realized how huge of cash-cow they have on theirs hands.

Well, I'm getting my case of Halo busts shipped to me and should have it by WED or THUR. I'll have one each of the red and blue and two Master Chiefs. Not sure if I want the extra MC. If not, I'll sell it at cost plus shipping.

Anyone interested, PM me and I'll let you know once I get the package if I'm going to keep it or not. Sending you a PM about that one.

matthewilw
01-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Halo points redemption program is live. If only I had enough to get some blue recon.

http://spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13531

plasticfetish
01-30-2009, 06:21 AM
Equipment wave 1 (series 4) turned up near me.

It's a small wave of figures, and I've only picked up the active camo Arbiter so far... which is nice BTW.

Paint is a bit sloppy on this wave, but seeing as how the only other figure that I want is the Security Soldier, I shouldn't have too hard a time finding a good one eventually.

Master Chief comes with a very cool rocket launcher, but I'm not sure if it's enough to get me to buy the figure.

plasticfetish
02-03-2009, 02:02 AM
And so as it turns out, it didn't take me very long to find a Security Spartan Soldier with a decent paint job. It would be nice if they'd tighten things up a bit in the paint department though. It's about the only thing that this line has going against it.

I also found the nice big deluxe Hunter figure! Haven't opened it up quite yet, but it looks great.

matthewilw
02-04-2009, 10:29 PM
And so as it turns out, it didn't take me very long to find a Security Spartan Soldier with a decent paint job. It would be nice if they'd tighten things up a bit in the paint department though. It's about the only thing that this line has going against it.

I also found the nice big deluxe Hunter figure! Haven't opened it up quite yet, but it looks great.

crap in a hat!! Now I need to go find that hunter. I have that rocket chief coming in from amazon along with 2 gamestop security figs. Where did you find the hunter?

plasticfetish
02-05-2009, 12:03 PM
crap in a hat!! Now I need to go find that hunter. I have that rocket chief coming in from amazon along with 2 gamestop security figs. Where did you find the hunter?Saw a bunch of them at a local Fred Meyer store, along with the figures from this first equipment wave. It doesn't happen very often, but from time to time they'll get the jump on the Targets, etc.

plasticfetish
02-11-2009, 02:26 AM
So I've had a chance to play around with the Hunter figure for a little while now, and I'm happy with it. $20 could be considered a little steep, but it's a decent toy, and the packaging--if you're thinking about keeping one boxed--is really nice.