PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Droid

Kidhuman
02-26-2008, 10:26 PM
This figure is huge when put together. I love this figure. This could easily be the best of 08(if not for Yarna coming out)

jedi master sal
02-27-2008, 01:09 AM
This figure is huge when put together. I love this figure. This could easily be the best of 08(if not for Yarna coming out)

Can't wait to get a few!

I've got three on order from Hasbro.

Kidhuman
02-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Sal, I the figure can encompass my cranium. I can wear it for a hat if I chose to do so.

jedi master sal
02-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Sal, I the figure can encompass my cranium. I can wear it for a hat if I chose to do so.

Wow, that's cool. lol

pegger
02-27-2008, 02:01 PM
It is an awesome figure. When standing upright, it's easily 2 troopers tall.

One of the best (if not the best) of the wave.

2-1B is fantastic too.

jedi master sal
02-27-2008, 03:02 PM
It is an awesome figure. When standing upright, it's easily 2 troopers tall.

One of the best (if not the best) of the wave.

2-1B is fantastic too.

Okay, stop it...you guys are making me jealous, lol

Jedi_Kal-El
02-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Okay, stop it...you guys are making me jealous, lol

Me too. I still have yet to find the Tri-Droid, Kashyyyk Trooper, or Gree.

PloKoon_08
02-27-2008, 06:56 PM
You guys are sad that you haven't found Gree or the Tri-droid? Heh... I mean I feel bad for you, but I still have yet to find wave FIVE! of the 30 AC collection. Our assortments seem all out of whack at my Target. We've got some airborne troopers, some yavin lukes, I found Roronn Corobb and Anakin there once, and even some Hawkbat Clones. So there has been up to wave 7.5, but mostly it's lot's of Saga Legends crap clogging the shelves. I have seen nothing from late '07 to early '08 yet.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-27-2008, 07:17 PM
You guys are sad that you haven't found Gree or the Tri-droid? Heh... I mean I feel bad for you, but I still have yet to find wave FIVE! of the 30 AC collection. Our assortments seem all out of whack at my Target. We've got some airborne troopers, some yavin lukes, I found Roronn Corobb and Anakin there once, and even some Hawkbat Clones. So there has been up to wave 7.5, but mostly it's lot's of Saga Legends crap clogging the shelves. I have seen nothing from late '07 to early '08 yet.

Wow. That really does bite. I got my last two waves of TAC from Andrewz Toys because I got sick of searching and waiting. Yes I am sad though because I keep reading all these posts from just about everyone else finding all of wave 1, evo sets, and now wave 2. Sorry you're having such bad luck in your search, and just so you know, the last newer wave I saw at my Target was 7.5 minus Hawkbat and Holo Vader back in Dec. Since then all they've had is 5, 6 and 7 so I can see where you're coming from there.

pegger
Don't feel bad about Gree - it's the single most aggrevating figure I've ever bought. Seriously. Looking at him makes me mad.

Stupid f'ing figure is super articulated - he can even squat.

And his M*****F***ing helmet doesn't fit on his head. (chin-itis)

I'm getting madder just thinking about it.

Kidhuman
Sal, I got some pics for you and the others here of the Tri-Droid. I didnt take one of him on my head, but it is solo and with a fig next to it.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=26964&ppuser=3537

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=26960&ppuser=3537

Edit: I decided to take the pic of it on my head

Tycho
02-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Kidhuman, I'm going to Photoshop Christopher Lloyd from BTTF into that photo of yours with the thing on your head:

Now don't tell me - you're here from the Coast Guard Auxillerary to sell me magazine subscriptions, right?

jedi master sal
02-28-2008, 01:18 AM
Sal, I got some pics for you and the others here of the Tri-Droid. I didnt take one of him on my head, but it is solo and with a fig next to it.

Cripes that thing is big to fit around your noggin! (J/K my friend)

Looks cool, I can't wait to get my figs from HTS.

jedi master sal
02-28-2008, 01:18 AM
oh, and for how big that is, I'm surprised it isn't a deluxe figure of some sort.

figrin bran
02-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the pics KH! :thumbsup:

The one I ordered from HTS should arrive sometime next week. I'll probably end up buying 1 or 2 more of these as all of my Galactic Marines need something to shoot at.

DarkArtist
03-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Don't feel bad about Gree - it's the single most aggrevating figure I've ever bought. Seriously. Looking at him makes me mad.

Stupid f'ing figure is super articulated - he can even squat.

And his M*****F***ing helmet doesn't fit on his head. (chin-itis)

I'm getting madder just thinking about it.

I like Gree just can't stand trying to pose him with the binoculars. as far as the Tri Droid, either I put it together wrong or the legs are too wobbly because I can't always get my 2 to standup. it is a cool figure though

DarkArtist
03-02-2008, 05:35 PM

nice pic that is crazy.

Snowtrooper
03-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Opened up mine tonight. It probably is the best figure of the wave, but I have yet to open up Gree. This is a SW figure that is definitely worth $6.99. I'm gonna pick up a few more to have a small squad of them.

jedi master sal
03-03-2008, 04:09 AM
...This is a SW figure that is definitely worth $6.99. I'm gonna pick up a few more to have a small squad of them.

Agreed. I have two already. I've got another on the way. I plan on getting at least one Mygeeto battle pack so that's one more. Then maybe 2-4 more in addition all for dioramas.

JediTricks
03-04-2008, 12:33 AM
I just got mine from HTS. It's nifty, but I was expecting more range of motion in the joints.

Sinscia Fat'o
03-05-2008, 10:23 PM
What's sad is the figures from this wave i didn't really care about (Tri Droid, 2-1B, and the Jedi rehashes) turned out to be the best figures from the lot, figs. like Po Nudo and Gree, and even the trooper to some extent suck. The Tri Droid turned out to be awesome, and it's a great figure but it's not better than 2-1B...(Actually their tied.)

JediTricks
03-06-2008, 04:12 PM
I don't think there's a particularly weak figure in this wave, although I actively avoided buying Po Nudie. I'm very annoyed at the ultra-shrimpy figures, and some things could have been done better here and there, but this is a fairly decent wave IMO. I think the Lava Panning Droid set might be the biggest surprise for me though.

pegger
03-06-2008, 04:36 PM
I don't think there's a particularly weak figure in this wave, although I actively avoided buying Po Nudie. I'm very annoyed at the ultra-shrimpy figures, and some things could have been done better here and there, but this is a fairly decent wave IMO. I think the Lava Panning Droid set might be the biggest surprise for me though.

My kids hid the camera - so I'll post why I don't like Gree.

I also thought Vader was loser too - super articulated shoulders, hips, knees, ankels, wrists...and cut elbows??? WTF is that?

Po Nudo - I actually really like. I know it's a salt shaker - but the likeness and detail (especially on the face) is outstanding.

2-1B, Tri-Droid, Obi Wan were amazingly fantastic. Pan droid and Kashykk trooper were all right.

sebillba
03-06-2008, 04:52 PM
I bought the full set today on ebay for a fairly reasonable buy it now price. I'm still not sure I need another Obi, Anakin or the troopers, but they'll likely be the last SW figures I buy until Legacy starts, so I got them all. The one I'm most looking forward to is actually Po Nudo.

Kidhuman
03-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Po Nudo is the only one I dont have from this wave. I didnt order him from HTS as I figure he will be the peg warmer of the crew. I havent opened the Obi or Ani yet. I will agree and say the Kashyyyk trooper is the worst so far.

JediTricks
03-06-2008, 06:09 PM
My kids hid the camera - so I'll post why I don't like Gree.Dude, never let the kids take the camera, kids are bad!!! :p

I also thought Vader was loser too - super articulated shoulders, hips, knees, ankels, wrists...and cut elbows??? WTF is that?Because he's the Evo figure again with new hip articulation, it's also why his headsculpt is dodgy. But the cut elbows at least work for a good range of poses, he can pull off with them most saber poses needed, it's not like some of the older cut-joint elbows where the arm couldn't go straight or barely bent when used. I mean, c'mon, he can do THIS! http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/ActionFigures/tac08/02/lf11.html
That's friggin' RAD!!!

Po Nudo is the only one I dont have from this wave. I didnt order him from HTS as I figure he will be the peg warmer of the crew. Yeah, he's not going to sell hard, he's the first figure I've seen from the wave at more than 1 WM.

I havent opened the Obi or Ani yet. I will agree and say the Kashyyyk trooper is the worst so far.Worst how though? Is it the height issue?

Kidhuman
03-06-2008, 06:34 PM
I dont like the flip up visors, just give me a removable helmet if you want to do that

Jedi_Kal-El
03-06-2008, 06:41 PM
I dont like the flip up visors, just give me a removable helmet if you want to do that

I just got the Kashyyyk Trooper yesterday and I have to agree on the visor. Doesn't seem to fit to well, at least on mine. I'm sure I'll get a few more , but this was the only one on the pegs. I'm also not too thrilled with his hight. He looks like a midget next to my other clones.

Snowtrooper
03-06-2008, 08:08 PM
I just got the Kashyyyk Trooper yesterday and I have to agree on the visor. Doesn't seem to fit to well, at least on mine. I'm sure I'll get a few more , but this was the only one on the pegs. I'm also not too thrilled with his hight. He looks like a midget next to my other clones.

Yeah, the height really detracts from the figure. Other than that, I think its pretty good.

Tycho
03-06-2008, 09:51 PM
So you mean he's a little short for a stormtrooper?

I can't believe no one saw the set-up for that one.

That joke's been over-played since 1977!

JediTricks
03-07-2008, 12:17 AM
The flip-up visor I think works pretty well, mine's well-integrated anyway.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Like I said though, It could just be the visor on the one that I bought, and since I have yet to see another to compare it to I'll just have to wait until I do.

Sinscia Fat'o
03-08-2008, 10:55 AM
The flip-up visor I think works pretty well, mine's well-integrated anyway.

That's kinda how i felt about it. Mine works well right into the mix of scout troopers and wookies. The flip up advisor i thought was cool, but a removeable helmet would have been all right i guess, even though i don't think we have ever seen a scout with a removable helmet. Though i'm sure we'll see one before it's all said and done.

Scout Trooper 09...NOW with Hip Articulation and Removable helmet!!! only 12.99!!!

Jedi_Kal-El
03-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Scout Trooper 09...NOW with Hip Articulation and Removable helmet!!! only 12.99!!!

The sad part of that is you're probably right about the price. :(

JediTricks
03-08-2008, 04:19 PM
That's kinda how i felt about it. Mine works well right into the mix of scout troopers and wookies. The flip up advisor i thought was cool, but a removeable helmet would have been all right i guess, even though i don't think we have ever seen a scout with a removable helmet. Though i'm sure we'll see one before it's all said and done.It's inherent in the helmet design, there's a hinge built into the actual prop and they don't cover up the seam (the Kashyyyk Trooper being based around the Biker Scout, I mean). Honestly, I'm burned out on removable helmets, it's been done to death and the helmets are never 100% satisfying, they either don't fit right so part of the head is showing, or the head has to be tiny or the helmet giant. Granted, the biker scout figure's current helmet is tiny and he could do with a larger helmet for removable look, but knowing Hasbro they'd probably take it 3 steps too far.

TIE Pilot
03-28-2008, 05:17 PM
I found one of these yesterday, and as much as I like it.. the rubbery guns are soooo annoying!!

JediTricks
03-29-2008, 02:04 AM
I just had mine kip over, the guns remained intact so I'm grateful for the rubberiness, otherwise they would surely have broken. That said, the friggin' legs warped in a matter of hours. It's one thing for thin guns to warp, they bend back fast, but the legs take much longer.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I just had mine kip over, the guns remained intact so I'm grateful for the rubberiness, otherwise they would surely have broken. That said, the friggin' legs warped in a matter of hours. It's one thing for thin guns to warp, they bend back fast, but the legs take much longer.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having the bendy legs problem. I bought my second one and it too is suffering from bendy leg syndrome. Makes me mad too because I can't display one at full height.:mad:

Mad Slanted Powers
03-29-2008, 11:47 PM

Edit: I decided to take the pic of it on my headWhy, you're neither a kid nor a human!

I had to think a bit as to how to put the legs on, but I think I got it right.

Po Nudo definitely seems to be the peg warmer of this wave. I saw plenty of him today, but the only other thing I think I saw might have been one Tri-Droid and maybe a Kashyyyk Trooper. Wal-Mart is loaded with Legends Sandtroopers and some of the repaint figures.

jedibear
03-30-2008, 12:40 AM
I like this figure...it's pretty outstanding for a "basic" figure...

Battle Droid
04-09-2008, 10:45 PM
I got a 2nd one today, I love this figure :D

Tycho
04-12-2008, 09:16 AM
I want to find 3 more. The only 2 I have came from HTS.

It reminds me of the B'Omarr Monk, actually. I haven't opened one of mine yet.