PDA

View Full Version : Dokken

Tycho
02-27-2008, 09:16 AM
I got a chance to meet Don Dokken and get his new CD autographed at the Queensryche concert Sunday night.

He's a really cool guy who's had a lot of hits over a long career.

It was so cool that he chilled and hung out with his fans at the after-party show. Don Dokken's tunes (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=302563663) are so catchy that Queensryche's Geoff Tate sang a couple versus of "In My Dreams" during their show as he said he watches Dokken off stage during his all-ccoustic opening act for the Ryche shows.

Man I had a good time following this tour around for a few Southern California shows. A class act!

There were several generations of fans in the audience, too. Kids whose parents listened to the show. Of course they knew Queensryche, but I was on the balcony with one family and their 16 year old son was digging Dokken and I saw him and his mom and dad buying Dokken's CD and getting it autographed after the show.

I've seen Dokken headline at one little live-music club in San Diego, and I've seen him open for Whitesnake and the Scorpions before. Now he was really well-matched with Queensryche.

I have to say I'm once again impressed. Of course he sings an "ultimate Tycho song: IN MY DREAMS!" hehe

How appropriately inspirational!

Oh - and his guitar player that joined him for their accoustic sets wore a Transformers (Autobots) shirt for their Sunday night performance! Michael Bay would be so proud!

El Chuxter
02-27-2008, 04:33 PM
I never really got into Dokken. When it came to heavy metal singers who named their band after their last name (which began with "D"), I usually went with Ronnie James Dio.

Doesn't mean I hate Dokken; I've just never been as familiar with him. I think I have a track or two on a compilation CD somewhere.

CaptainSolo1138
02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm not a large Dokken fan, but George Lynch was bomb, yo.

2-1B
02-28-2008, 06:49 PM
I saw him (and his wig) open for Poison and Cinderella back in Y2K...Tycho, by "a lot of hits" I assume you mean "one hit" ? :confused:

Well, two if you count the jam from Elm Street 3 :thumbsup:

Blue2th
02-28-2008, 07:19 PM
My favorite Dokken song was "Into the Fyyeahh"

I think "Into the Fire" was their first hit.

Tycho
02-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Breaking the Chains
Into the Fire
You Just Got Lucky
Prisoner
Heaven Sent
Kiss of Death
So Many Tears
Miles Away
Dream Warriors

That's maybe only a fourth of the songs I thought of at the moment.

He's a cool guy and a pleasure to meet.

Tonysmo
02-29-2008, 02:53 AM
Dokken rocks.

That was my 1st concert - they opened for priest ( turbo lover ) tour.

speaking of awesome hair bands - saw Tesla on the 16th. HOLY SMOKES was it a cool concert - Jeff kieth is 50 and STILL sounds like he did in 86.

wootness abounds!

CaptainSolo1138
02-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Miles AwayDo you mean "1000 Miles Away"? Because it was that sexy beast Kip Winger and his merry band of glams that blessed us with "Miles Away".

Tycho
02-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Yes. 1000 Miles Away is the song I meant.